Devotion [h.s]

By happydays1d

{SEQUEL TO MALIGNANT AND HIDEAWAY} MATURE READ! (18+) "Lay one finger on my daughter and I'll have you destro... More

Authors Note
Prologue
205
206
207
208
209
210
211
212
213
214
215
216
217
218
219
220
221
222
223
224
225
226
227
228
229
230
231
232
233
234
236
237
238
239
240
241
242
243
244
245
246
247
248
249
250
251
252
253
254
255
256
257
258
259
260
261
262
263
264
265
266
267
268
269
270
271
272
273
274
275
276
277
278
279
280
281
282
283
284
285
286
287
288
289
290
291
292
293
294
295
296
297
298
299
300
301
302
303
304
305
306
307
308
Epilogue

235

190K 4.4K 13.6K
By happydays1d

Y'all I finished the eight seasons of vampire diaries and I'm very very emotional. That tv show changed my life my goddddddd. So as a disclaimer I just want people to know that if I accidentally spell Salvator instead of Salvation then I apologize!!

That show fucked me up omg someone talk to me about it.

"Okay," Harry starts as him, Louis, Niall and I sit down at the table. I just put Briar down for her afternoon nap, luckily pretty easily because she spent a good straight half an hour rolling back and forth in her play pen, screaming childish laughter the entire time. I have the baby monitor with me on the table just in case she started to wake up again.

"So what's the next move? I think we need to focus on Deception first." Harry asks while they lay out a map they designed a long time ago. They each laid out a bunch of papers on the round wooden table, looking at each other then back at the papers. This was one of there Malignant planning things. I was only here because I simply just wanted to hear what was going on.

"Well that's the thing.." Niall states. "We don't know where they are." He finishes, forming his lips into a line. Harry furrows his brows, lost in translation.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"We have no clue where any of them are. We've searched everywhere. Their torture chamber we were captured in has been completely emptied. It's like a ghost town." Niall says.

"Well we burnt half that place down so they probably had to relocate." Harry replied.

"Well yeah, that's what we thought. So we decided to rally up some Malignant members and go steak out near the Salvation headquarters. We were hidden in the forest for nearly two days, surrounding the place to keep an eye out for anyone in a jean jacket. But not one person in anything but a beige jumpsuit was seen." Louis mentions.

"Maybe they have converted to Salvation then." Harry appoints, his fingers tapping the wooden surface.

"No," Louis shakes his head and leans back. "I don't think so. Deception has a more badassery look to them. Tattooed, those Deception brands burned into them, Salvation looks more cleaned up." Louis picks up his beer bottle on the table and takes a swig.

"Okay well if they aren't with Salvation then where could they be?" Harry says while looking down at the map.

"Maybe they quit." Niall shrugs.

"A whole gang doesn't just quit Niall." Harry mentions.

"Well think about it. You killed their leader, and lit their base on fire. Who knows how many men they lost. Maybe they just gave up due to lack of numbers." Niall picks at his fingernails while talking.

"Salvation wouldn't let them just give up, they'd kill them all first. No one could get out of a deal with Salvation. I'm sure Deception is nothing compared to Salvation power." Harry shakes his head.

"Why are they so powerful?" I ask. I know I'm not apart of this planning but I'm sitting here so I may as well just ask.

"Salvation is basically a government enforced gang, set out to keep the people safe. The good guys I guess you can say." Niall says.

"But," Louis cuts in, "They abuse their power." He states. "We understand that they want Malignant dead but some of the things they do aren't very 'good'. They fucked up Liam to the worst, he still isn't talking to anyone." Louis explains, tapping his fingers on the table.

It really tears me apart to know that Liam, after all these months is still cutting off any communication with anyone. All I was told was that he was tortured for a while until surrendering completely to them.

"And they shouldn't be killing anyway. They're motto to the public is 'we don't want anyone to get hurt'. Yet they work with another gang who tortured our men to their psychotic breaking point. If they're so 'government supported' then they should be throwing us in life and prison as punishment. Not electrocuting until we forget our fucking names." Harry explains taking a sip of his glass of water, agitated by the thought.

Harry always seems to get angry when the mention of Liam's torture comes up. It's really something he doesn't talk about often, deep down I know it just upsets him.

I start to hear the the sounds of Briar's whining through the monitor next to me, even though I just put her down. I listen for a second to see if she falls back asleep, but her crying just slowly starts to get louder and more constant, signalling that she wasn't going back to sleep.

"I'll go." Harry says while getting up.

"No, no you stay." I get up faster, insisting considering he's actually doing something and I'm just watching. "You're busy."

"Okay babe." He sits back down as I walk by, leaning down to peck his soft cheek.

I walk away from the kitchen, going though the living room and up the stairs to Briar's nursery. I step all the way up to her door, opening the door and seeing her crying on her back in the crib. I walk up and look in to see her face red as a tomato and her pacifier ripped out of her mouth and clenched in her tiny fingers.

"Baby I just put you down." I whisper while reaching in and picking her up by her armpits. She was getting bigger everyday. I bring her to me and as she cries. I pace her pacifier back in her mouth and bounce her to relax her a bit.

"Shhh.." I sooth while kissing the side of her small head.

I start humming the 'you are my sunshine' song because I know it relaxes her. She rests her head on my shoulder, facing my neck while I held her. The humming of the melody made her slowly calm down and stop crying. Even though she stopped, she wasn't asleep and if I put her down awake then she'll just cry again. I continue to walk around the room with her in my arms. I feel her softly exhaling against my neck while her hand holds onto the Malignant necklace on me.

I hear the door open behind me, causing me to turn around and expect to see Harry walking through. But instead I met eyes with Louis, who came in and shut the door behind him. I arched my brow as he came in quietly.

"I know you haven't lived here in a while but the bathroom is down the hall." I laugh quietly.

"Hi, uhm yeah I know. I just wanted to talk to you for a second." He says quietly, understanding I was trying to get Briar asleep.

"About what?" I arch my brow.

"I just wanted to apologize." He murmurs.

Now I'm just confused. First Louis wants to talk to me one on one and now he's apologizing?

"For what?" I whisper, lost in translation.

"For what happened with Briar at the grocery store." He says, staying stood near the door in head to toe black.

"Oh. But that had nothing to do with you." I furrow my brows together.

"I know, but I'm the reason Harry stepped away from her. I don't know if he told you but we were having it out a little bit and I, like I do, was antagonizing him and it went to far. If I wasn't pushing him so much then he wouldn't of turned away from her. So I'm sorry." He confesses, catching me completely off guard. I didn't realize I held such an expression of shock on my face until I felt my eyes strain from being so wide. This really must've been eating away at him if he actually is apologizing, it's just nothing like Louis.

"Well thank you, I appreciate it. But Harry is her father and no matter what happened, its his responsibility to be keeping an eye on her at all times despite any distractions." I state, realizing Briar has passed out in my chest in a deep sleep.

"It's just, I know you guys are just trying to protect her and shit and if something actually happened to her that day because I was being stupid then I would feel really bad to say the least." He goes on, sticking his hands in his black jean pockets.

I had no clue what to say, this whole conversation was really throwing me off. I would maybe expect something like this from Niall, but not Louis.

"It's okay Louis, luckily she was fine. I don't know what I'd do if she wasn't. I don't want you letting this be on your mind constantly." I whisper while turning to her crib and softly placing her back down on her back. Her head falls to the side and her arms stay spread out on the mattress. Her thick brown hair lays messily on her forehead while his tiny hands were in fists.

"Erm, yeah, just sorry." He says for the third time.

I turn around and pull a half smile.

"Louis don't worry about it, but thank you for caring, it does mean a lot. Is something else on you mind?" I ask.

"Erm, no." He scratches the back of his neck. Seems like he's lying but I won't pester him.

"Okay, well thanks." I smile lightly.

He nods a bit while forming his lips into a line, looking out of his comfort zone. He turns around and opens the door up so we both quietly walk through. It's weird seeing this side of Louis, I always thought that he had a caring side but it was one he really kept hidden. The only time I saw him care was when I was in labour, so this apology was very out of the blue but nice.

I quietly shut the door behind me and we both walk back down the stairs and towards the kitchen. Once we get to the kitchen we see Niall and Harry in the same seat, talking to each other. Harry looks at me as I walk through the doorway, taking my hand and pulling me over to sit sideways on his lap. Louis goes and sits down in his original seat, taking a swig of his beer.

"Finally got her back down." I say while placing my arm around the back of his neck.

"Perfect." He smiles while resting his hand on my outer thigh. "We haven't made any progress." He huffs, referring to the planning.

"Mmm. It's weird how you would have no idea where Deception went, it's not like they can just disappear off the phase of the earth." I murmur.

"Yeah.." Niall shrugs.

"Wait.." Harry says in realization, sitting up more straight. "Oh my fucking god I'm such an idiot." He builds, not giving anymore explanation. He places his hand over his eyes in stress, still not saying anything else.

"What?" Louis says in confusion, all of us feeling the same. I furrow my brows down at Harry as he looks likes he just hit a theoretical wall.

"They've vanished off the fucking phase of the earth. Doesn't that sound familiar?" He says to all of us, but it still took me a second until it hit me too.

"Oh my god." I murmur in realization.

"I'm still lost." Niall says in grief, Louis staying silent.

"That's exactly what the public would say when Malignant 'vanished'. But we didn't vanish..." Harry further explains, and within a couple second Niall's eyes widened.

"Wait.. so your saying that..." He trials off, the silence in the room deafening with tension.

"Those mother fuckers are underground." Harry states.

//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 3.2K 53
*18+ Contains Mature and Explicit Content* *I don't bring my eyes up when I hear him pick up a knife.... I don't even want to see the size of it. H...
12.8K 344 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...
31.4K 870 85
Started: April 2023, Completed: April 2024 Riley looked forward to college solely for the chance to start fresh. Healing and growing was Riley's only...
21.7K 1.2K 59
"All my life I've been on my own, I use a light to guide me home, but now together we're alone, and there's no other place I'd ever wanna go" Anna is...