Deep Sea Girl (Free Iwatobi S...

By BishounenYaoiCorner

[2nd Place in Free Watty Awards, Haruka Nanase category] When Haru meets a girl from the sea catched from a... More

Deep Sea Girl {FREE! Iwatobi Swim Club Fanfiction}
Itou Mizuko (Sorry if late publish)
Chapter 2: How did you get here?
Chapter 3: Water
Chapter 4: The dark
Chapter 5: Tournament?
Chapter 6: Meeting a new friend?
Chapter 7: Practice!!!
Chapter 8: Homesick or a feeling?
Chapter 9: Ocean adventure!!!
Chapter 10: Moonlight
Chapter 11: Feelings blooming before the prefecturals? -Part 1-
Chapter 12: The prefecturals -Part 2-
Chapter 13: Mizuko's Past -Part 1-
Chapter 14: Mizuko's Past -Part 2-
Chapter 15: Mizuko's Past -Part 3-
Chapter 16: The Promise -Part 4-
Chapter 18: Memories... -Part 1-
Chapter 19: Memories... (War) -Part 2-
Chapter 20: I declare war! -Part 1-
Chapter 21: One big tie and Happy Birthday! -Part 2-
Chapter 22: Basketball? What's that? -Part 1-
Chapter 23: The Sea...
Chapter 24 : Childhood Memories?
Chapter 25 : Fragment of a Lost Memory

Chapter 17: The Promise -Part 5

726 40 8
By BishounenYaoiCorner

                                  MIZUKO'S P.O.V

                    "Nanase-kun, what are we going to do, after your lessons in swimming?"  I asked him and he thought about it.  "I don't know, but can you stay here for a little while?"  He asked me with his sparkly blue eyes.

                    I nodded, "Un, I will."  I smiled lightly.  He jumped into the unsteady clear water called pool.  I had the urge to jump in.   But I feel shy....and..I don't know why...  "Hey, Mizuko-chan!  If you want to jump in, you can!"

                    Hazuki-kun told me.  "E-eh?  Really?"  I was surprised as my eyes widened.  "Yeah you can!"  Hazuki-kun smiled brightly.  "Look, even Haru wants you to jump in, I can tell it from his eyes."  Hazuki-kun whispered to my ear.  

                My ears suddenly became red and I glowed that I even surpassed Hazuki-kun's bright smile.  "Mizuko-chan, what's happening to you, you're red as beet and..and, you're bright like the golden sun!!!  I can't even see you clearly!"

                    Tachibana-kun suddenly came running to me.  "It's so cool~!!!"  Hazuki-kun jumped.  "Oh, my eyes hurt."  I heard the Matsuoka twins from the side, in unison.  But then I stopped glowing and I wasn't red, then I removed 

                   Nanase-kun's jacket that I borrowed, "MY GOD, that girl's throw was fabulous!"  I heard the audience's chatter from the edge of the pool.  I did a nice form before jumping in the pool, "Gambatte, Mizuko-chan!!!"  I hear them cheering for me, "Gambatte, Mizuko-chan."  I heard Nanase-kun's whisper, it echoed into the water's ripple, and it bounced through the pool's walls, then my little ears heard it.  

                    "I will."  I whispered to myself.  

                 I jumped with a strong kick from the floor, as the whistle made a loud sound.  I swam and thrusted my small arms, as the water weakly pierced and touched my skin, I made a fast paddle throughout the whole pool.  The water is my friend.  It will not stop me, it will support me.   As soon, I reached the wall, everyone's jaws was down.  E-eh?  What did I do?  (•ิ_•ิ)?  Nanase-kun reached his hand so I can get out from the water, 

                  "You did a great job."  Nanase-kun told me with a light smile.  

                  I went out of the water, "Hey, Mizuko-chan!!!  I got your time!!"  Hazuki-san came running to me.  "You were just --ohh!!!  0.15 seconds?!!  I guess you're a monster when you're inside the water!!!"  He was surprised.

              "Good job, Mizuko-chan."  Matsuoka-kun grinned.  "I bet you're kick was stronger than mine."  He scratched his head.  "You were good out there, I bet you can go join in a worldwide championship."  Tachibana-kun complimented.

               But I saw Nanase-kun staring deeply at me...  then he got startled, he then looked away.  I tilted my head.

                                 ------------------------------------------------------

                We all went home, but me and Nanase-kun were already left...  "I guess I need to go home too, Nanase-kun."  I told him.  "O-oh....."  "Can I go with you?"  He asked.  "Su-sure!"  I told him then we both walked to the bay.

                "Don't you get lonely?  When you're in the sea alone, by yourself?"  Nanase-kun asked...  I-i didn't ask that question?.........  to myself...  I don't know how I feel being alone in the deep blue sea...  How do I really feel?  

               "Well...  no..."   I told him...  "Are you sure?"  I heard his voice..  serious and concerned.  "Well, sometimes....  my friends are the fishes, I know it sounds crazy but... yes...  My friends are the fishes..."  I explained to Nanase-kun.

              "But you're not really alone, right?"  He asked.  "Why do you think so?"  I asked.  "Because you have us..."  He held my hand.  "I-i don't want you to go away."  He hugged me.  

                 "Bu-but, I belong to the sea..."  I told Nanase-kun.  "But we will all miss you."  He told me, still hugging me tight.  But then, I had an idea...  "I know!"  I took something out from my pocket.  

                It was a necklace that I found.  "Here!  This one is for you.  I have something around my neck, so whenever I'm not here, that necklace is a remembrance."  I told Nanase-kun.  

                 He hugged me back, "Let's make a promise shall we?"  I asked and he nodded.  

             "When we grow up, we will all be here in the beach together, different or with new friends, to be changed or not changed, together forever, friends forever!"  I made a stupid promise but it was cute too.  

              Then Nanase-kun laughed, "I will keep that promise, and we will all come back here, and you too."  Nanase-kun agreed.  I grinned and went back to the water, after Nanase-kun went back to his home.

             "But wait!!!  Can you come back here tomorrow?"  Nanase-kun shouted from afar.  "Sure, why?"  I asked.  "Matsuoka-kun will be moving in another country, so before he goes away, can you just come back here so we can all say farewell to him?"  He asked.  "Yeah, sure!!!"  I agreed.

                                  ----------------------------------------------------

                I was already at the sea, "You know you can't be together with them...."  I heard a voice....  That 'voice' was nothing but a cruel and an evil monster.  "Why?  You can't control my life."  I told to that certain voice.

               "Oh, please...."  He went sarcastic.  "You know a human and a girl like you can't be together, and why did the fishes even approve of you going out of the water?"  He asked.  "Because you're not me!"  I got mad.

               "Woah, woah, litle girl, don't get mad at me."  He laughed.  "GET OUT OF HERE!"  I was mad, then I heard thunder and lightning struck.  "Hmph!  It was nice visiting you anyway, I'll come back when you knew that your friendship is already.  broken."  He swam away.  I got angry, thinking and thinking about it........

                    And that angry person, had made a terrible storm.  

                                ----------------------------------------------------

                I went back the other day, but they weren't there...  I waited and I waited, until it became night time...   Where are they?  But then I heard some footsteps of people and I went back to the bay, and hid somewhere so no one can see me.

                 But then I saw Nanase-kun and Tachibana-kun near the stairs, There they are!!!   But I saw a big box, it was detailed and white.  I knew I saw that before....   and there was a picture of a middle-aged man...  

                 I widened my eyes...  it was a coffin....   I saw Matsuoka-kun and Gou-san walking with the people, their eyes were sad and gloomy...  I saw Tachibana-kun, shaking, it seems he was scared yet he was filled with sorrow....

            While Nanase-kun was just standing there, not scared...  but he was thinking about something deeply, like he existed in another world.....  

                 "See?"  I heard him again.  "What do you want now?"  I asked.  "All of this was your fault."  He told me.  "How did it become my fault?"  I got a little angry.  "You made that storm right?  And hundreds of people were dead.  You're friends even forgotten you by now.  I didn't do this, Mizuko-chan...  Their memories have been erased, because it was all your fault."  He smirked.  

                     "He-hey!  How did their memories reset?  I can't make them forget.  You did something did you?!"  I asked him.  "I don't know..."  He smirked then he disappeared.  I looked back at them, and some of them were crying...  S-so, I did this?..............  

                  My heart felt like, it shattered into a million of pieces and cannot be brought back to it's original shape...   

                And I was alone again, living throughout in the sea, I grew up....  I tore down our friendship pieces by pieces, shattered....   I was alone with no friends....  and they never came, I was already forgotten so soon.

                         >To be continued....   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.6K 759 87
Sophie zit in een hechte vriendengroep met de Bankzitters. Al heeft ze het gevoel dat de band van haar en Matthy toch net wat anders is. Maar is hij...
1.4K 51 20
Welkom in Casa del huts, waarin jij (bo) de dochter van Robbie en Jamie bent, maar niet alles soepel loopt, omdat je nog wel eens struggelt met je me...
141K 4.6K 66
Raoul, Milo, Robbie, Koen en Matthy zitten gezamenlijk in een groepswoning. Ieder met zijn eigen problemen en eigen verledens. Zullen ze, ondanks all...
3.6K 290 18
Matthy heeft t moeilijk. Niemand weet t van hem. Niemand weet dat hij eigenlijk autusme heeft. Dat hij sociale angst heeft. Dat hij maar een bepaald...