Never Gonna Happen (ON PAUSE)

mbffhhc67 द्वारा

Winter is a sarcastic but socially awkward girl just attempting to get through high school without endless dr... अधिक

Introduction
Chapter 1- Recap
Chapter 2- Near Death Experience (Exaggeration)
Chapter 3- Grumpy
Chapter 4- Movie Night
Chapter 5- Two truths and a LIE
Chapter 6- MAD
Chapter 7- Eventful Start
Chapter 9- Moron
Chapter 10- Frenemies
Chapter 11- Party
Chapter 12- Downhill
Chapter 13- Tension
Chapter 14- Knot
Chapter 15- Rain Drops
Chapter 16- Algebra
Chapter 17- Bonding
Chapter 18- Another Side To The Story
Chapter 19- Detective Skills
Chapter 20- "Project W"
Chapter 21- Paintballing
Chapter 22- Win OR Lose
Chapter 23- Indenial
Chapter 24- Guilty
Chapter 25- Thoughts
Chapter 26- Soccer
Chapter 27- Fight
Chapter 28- Jay & Tyler
Chapter 29- The Monroe's
Chapter 30- Cameron
Chapter 31- D R A M A

Chapter 8- Lasagna

83 8 3
mbffhhc67 द्वारा

It was finally lunch and I was eager to go grab some food so I grabbed my books, put my headphones in and walked out of the Biology classroom.

Mr P also known as Mr Penizuela but P in short had already given us an assignment and although I sighed at the thought of countless homework being given on the first day of school that wouldn't change the fact that I would do it and get it done a-soon as I got home like I usually did.

I stepped into the canteen and towards the line studying the menu. They had lasagne today so I inhaled the scent deeply, my mouth watering as I licked my lips hungrily and yes I knew it was just school food but for Solano high the food was amazing.

Also I was hungry as hell.

When I finally had my food I walked outside towards the bleachers and sat there awkwardly alone. Although I was used to being alone that didn't make it any less easier but I shook the feeling of loneliness away and began slowly eating the lasagna.

I took out To Kill A Mockingbird and began reading whilst munching away until—

I couldn't even process what had just happened except my face was in a lot of pain and there was lasagna splatted all over my white school shirt.

"Ow", I rubbed my face and stood up fuming staring at my book which was also covered in food.

"No no no", I'm worried now as I begin to try to rub the sauce off the page I had just been reading.

Could this day get even worse?

"Shit are you okay Winter?", I hadn't even thought about where the soccer ball had came from until Tyler came running up the bleachers towards me.

"Are you serious right now Tyler. You just ruined my school shirt and to make matters worse. The book Miss Riley gave us to read for our assignment is NOW RUINED", I'm angry right now, so angry I could literally hit someone.

In my mind though, not physically because I wasn't a physically aggressive person.

However I could be verbally aggressive and I wanted to be at this very moment.

"Okay back up. Why do you just automatically assume I'm the one that hit you with the ball?", he looks irritated now before turning his head.

"This punk right here did", he says pointedly as Cameron Sutton sheepishly steps from behind him.

I hadn't even noticed he was here in the first place.

"I actually just made him come and apologise for being a dick and not knowing how to aim properly", he says dryly.

I feel terrible for assuming it was Tyler and I look at him wide eyed.

"Yeah listen Winter I'm sorry it was an accident I'll get you a new shirt and book", his pretty blue eyes look remorseful and I can't seem to stay angry at him anymore.

Instead I admire his pretty face and the way his arms were perfectly builded—

Snap out of it girl.

"It's okay, accidents happen I now know not to sit here eating my lunch when you're playing", I joke before cracking a smile.

Cameron flashes his teeth and smiles charmingly, "Maybe I could make it up with you with lunch?"

"Okay that's enough don't hit on my brothers best friend that's gross", Tyler shooed Cameron off awkward and in return I scowl at him.

"I'm sorry for assuming that you were the one to hit me with the ball and thank you for making him apologise but don't cock block me Wyatt", I'm still scowling at him and he grins shaking his head.

"I just made a guy apologise to you and all you can think about is me cock blocking you? You girls are way to easy, if that's how I get a girl to fall at my feet then I would have tried hitting a girl accidentally with a soccer ball ages ago", he jokes.

Did he just call me easy?

"I'm not easy you dick", I yell annoyed as ever.

"Now excuse me whilst I go try and find a new shirt because this ones covered in lasagna as you may have noticed", I roll my eyes grabbing my things before barging past him but he grabs my arm spinning me around and I glare at him.

"Winter it was a joke, I know you're not easy. Quite frankly that would be weird as hell considering you're like a sister to me. So I'm sorry I was just trying to get the jerk to apologise", In that very moment his brown orbs softened and my heart raced as he looked at me intensely.

Wait did he just sister zone me?

I shake my head still annoyed at it all but I force a smile, "it's fine, I appreciate what you did. Now I really do need to go and get changed".

"Can I take you to the medical room, your face is kind of bruised from the ball", he looks concerned and it's nice of him really but I shake my head.

"It's fine I'll drag Jay to help me out. Thanks again".

He nods his head, "okay".

I give him a small smile before turning around and walking towards the toilet.

I quickly took out my phone sending Jay a text.

Okay this day officially sucks. Do you have one of my spare shirts in your car, if so. Do me a favour and bring me it I'm in the girls toilets... Ive had a bit of an accident. - W

Jay replies straight away.

Emergency as in CODE RED? - J

I roll my eyes.

No. Thank god. Just bring it to me and I'll explain. - W

I'll give it to Jessica. You can tell me what happened later, you guys need to get along. - J

WTF. Nows not a good time JAY! - W

BONDING or no shirt. -J

You're officially the worst best friend but Bring on the devil reincarnate and my shirt preferably.- W

Stop being rude and give her a chance. Love you Winnie- J

I love you too but you still suck- W

❤️- J

🙄- W

I sighed placing my phone in my back pack as I waited for Jessica to arrive.

10 minutes later she did.

"Thank you", I say bluntly as she hands me shirt.

"What happened to you?" She raises a perfectly arched eyebrow curiously.

"I tripped and fell in my lasagna", I lie.

"So why's your face bruised?"

"You ask a lot of questions".

"Okay sorry. Do you need help with that?" She points at my face and at first I think she's insulting me until I turn my face towards the mirror and realised I had gotten a bruise from the ball.

Shit.

"Go get changed and I'll help you", she answers her own question and nod my head awkwardly walking into the stall.

I wiped any excess lasagna off my body before putting the new shirt on and stepping out of the stall.

"Thanks again".

"You're welcome", she smiles before scurrying through her handbag and finding concealer.

"Okay look up", so I do and she begins covering the bruise and I flinch a little at the pain.

"Sorry", she mumbles.

"All done. Keep the concealer".

"You don't have—"

"It's fine I've got plenty", she smiles.

I turn to look back in the mirror and well she was good that was for sure. She had managed to conceal it quite well, you could barely even notice it.

I still feel awkward as ever but I thank her once again before turning around to leave.

"Wait".

I pause turning back around, "yes?"

"Look I know I can't make up for the countless horrible things I did these past few years but I'm trying too okay? Again, I'm sorry", she pauses.

"Also, do you want to maybe come to this party I'm having on Friday?"

"Uh I don't really do parties", I admit.

"Well.. Could you at least think about it?"

I really just want to roll my eyes and walk out the bathroom and I know she had just done a nice thing for me but she was right it didn't makeup for her constant tormenting in the past. However I remember Jays words about trying and for him I guess I'd do it for him.

"Sure. I'll let you know", I turn around but this time I pause.

"Oh and thank you for the apology.... And the concealer", before I walk out the toilet.

Maybe Jessica had changed. I'd just have to wait and see.

Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter! What did you think about it all? What do you think about all the characters so far, comment below what y'all think. Oh and don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter (COTE ME).

Marwa ❤️

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

3.8M 89.6K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
Young & Turnt . ms.notwhoyouthink💕 द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

239K 7K 51
we young & turnt ho.
45.3K 2.8K 15
الكاتبه : رند السبيعي✍🏼 روايتي الاولى أتمنى تعجبكم واستمتعو...
96.2K 3.6K 38
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.