Welcome To Paradise

By washu14

When she agreed to chaperone Lizzy for her first season Eden never thought to see The Duke of Buckingham Nich... More

Paradise Farms 1824
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
Epilog

11

359 22 0
By washu14

     After they shared a lunch Eden took him out to the stables to see the two grays she had. Eden waited for him to inspect them and if he decided if they would do to match the two he had sold the circus.

"Do you think they will do? I don't want to waste your time if you don't think they will be a match for the two you sold."

He laughed at her he had been watching her while he was inspecting the horses she had been holding her breath waiting for his verdict.

"They are exquisite, they will do fine."

He had to laugh again she looked like she was going to jump and squeal with happiness. He ignored her and turned to her manager.

"Have them delivered to the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. I will let the owner know to expect them."

He turned to Eden.

"let me see your hands?"

She stuck out her hands for him to see. They looked dried they didn't look like they would bleed or cause her problems if she rode.

"Would you like to ride back to London instead of in a carriage?"

He could see the wheels working in that little head of hers. Riding back, she would do something she loved riding horseback for three hours or ride back in a carriage for six hours and being alone with him. He made the decision for her after all no one was supposed to know they were married and getting her back sooner, so they could make an appearance at what ever ball his mother had planned would keep the gossip at bay. Also, at this point he didn't think anyone would have missed her since she was known to come in late and leave early before anyone saw her.

"We will take a couple of horses. Your manager can bring the horses and carriage back to town."

He could see she was a little disappointed and leaned over and whispered in her ear. She still looked disappointed but nodded her agreement. They left with in the hours and headed back to London where they would pretend nothing had happened between them. Eden knew she was going to have to figure out something to make him realize he couldn't live without her and she didn't want to live without him. She had always loved him and always would.

When they arrived back in the city they rode to her townhouse first where they parted ways. He had business and she needed to make sure no one knew they had left town alone together. Her part in all of this seemed stupid to her. This life he wanted them to live was ridiculous and she needed to figure out a way to make him understand it. She would need a little help and she knew just who to ask.

Eden changed her clothing and decided to pay a visit to Natalie. Upon her arrival she found Natalie wasn't alone she was babysitting Lizzy along with her mother. The Duchess gave Eden a stern look.

"Have you made any progress on the task I set you on?"

"I came to talk with Natalie about a little help."

The Duchess stood up abruptly.

"Lizzy it is time for us to go we need to get ready for the ball tonight."

She turned to Eden

"I expect you at the ball on time."

"Yes, your grace I will be there."

The Duchess kissed her daughter good-bye and then her and Lizzy left Natalie and Eden to figure out how to get Nikki to understand that she wanted a marriage not a business arrangement. When the girls were alone Eden tried to make Natalie understand Nikki was being stupid without telling her they had been married just that morning.

"Your brother has a silly idea that I don't want a normal marriage. I would willingly give up my farm to be with him. But he doesn't listen. You know your brother he thinks he knows best. How do I get him to see all I really want is him?"

Eden felt good saying all that. Natalie had always known that Eden had set her cap on Nic and there had been no other person she ever considered to be her soul mate. Natalie smiled at her friend and the stupidity of her twin brother.

"I think we need to make the fool realize how much he cares for you. We need to make him understand if you are not with him he can't survive that he needs you to take his next breath."

Eden laughed,

"I don't think your brother needs me to breath, but I would like him to need me for all eternity if that is not too much to ask."

"I think what he needs is a good dose of jealousy. I think I have just the man to make him see if he waits to long he will lose you."

"I am not sure that throwing a man at me is a clever idea. I mean I am not sure Nikki will think he will lose me."

Natalie was already making plans in her head. The war was already a win in her head. She would have to send word to her cousin who Nic hated but he was wealthy, had a title Marquis of Chichester Rafael Whitby he would drive Nic crazy. It would help as far as Natalie knew he wasn't the least bit ready to have a meaningful relationship and he would understand he was only supposed to make Nic upset not actually court Eden the whole purpose would be to get Nic and Eden together. Natalie went off to invite him tonight's ball.

Eden left to get ready for the ball she did not want to upset the Dowager Duchess and she was anxious to see Nikki, she was already missing him. That night she took exceptional care in her appearance. She decided to wear a light blue dress with a high neck shear neck and an open back. She needed to be laced into it, but she was sure when she told Nikki what she was wearing underneath he would be more than glad to help her out of it. She had her hair pinned up and she wore a crown of flowers that matched the dress. She would hope Nikki would enjoy taking her long hair out of its coffer. She was going to invite him back to her house after the ball. She had a way to sneak him in without anyone knowing. It was the way her and Natalie used to get in and out of each other bedrooms when they were kids.

When she walked into the ballroom all eyes were on Eden she wasn't sure why but there was something about her. Her confidence was high, she felt like a lion on the hunt and she was determined to get her pray. She glided across the room to where the Dowager Duchess was waiting for her. The Duchess knew there was something different about Eden, she was oozing carnal awareness. She had to wonder if her son had not been the complete gentlemen on his business trip.

Eden performed a perfect curtsy in front of the Dowager Duchess and smiled sweetly to Lizzy who was in a snit because Nic hadn't shown up yet. A man came over to greet the Dowager Duchess He bowed.

"Duchess. It is a pleasure to see you looking so well."

"Rafael my dear boy. I didn't know you were in town?"

"I just arrived yesterday. I would have thought Natalie would have told you."

The Dowager Duchess quirked her brow her daughter neglected to tell her that her nephew was in town.

"How are your parents fairing? I have not seen my brother in a while is he in town with you?"

"My parents are well. My father told me to extend an invitation to you he misses his little sister he said."

The Duchess laughed. Her and her brother were twins just like Nicholas and Natalie. They had been close, but they had not seen each other since her husband's death six years ago. Perhaps after she got Nic and Eden together her and Wayne could take a trip to visit them. Wayne and Jason were friends. She would talk with Wayne after the season. She turned to the two women on either side of her and introduced Rafael to them.

"Marquis of Chichester Rafael Whitby I would like to introduce you to Lady Eden Bedford, and Miss Elizabeth Parker. I am sponsoring the young ladies for a season."

He bowed over each of their hands Eden first then he turned back to her and smiled.

"I don't know if you remember we met when we were younger, I think you were but ten and I was thirteen. I stopped by to see my aunt on my way home from school and you were spending the summer. I remember your eyes they shine like diamonds they haunted me for a long time."

Eden did remember meeting the young lord. Nikki had spent the entire three days he was at their house complaining about him. For some reason Nikki didn't like the Marquis she never learned why but if you were only allowed one person to dislike this would be Nikki's one.

"Could I have the pleasure of this dance?"

She was about to say yes after all it was Nikki's family and she would do nothing to anger his mother by insulting her nephew. Nikki chose that moment to make an appearance.

"She has promised this dance to me."

He pulled her out on the dance floor leaving the Marquis no choice but to ask Lizzy for a dance. On the dance floor Nikki smiled at his wife he loved the thought of her as his wife, but he would have to wait till he convinced her that she wanted to be his and not a business woman. He had a plan to make her realize the only way she would be happy is if she were with him sharing life with him and only him. This charade was going to be the death of him. He had spent the day missing her.

"How was your day my dear?"

She smiled a smile only meant for him and radiated all her feelings.

"It was a very pleasant day. First, I met with the Vicar, then I practice some of the lessons your sister gave me. I road my horse today with reckless abandonment and I went to see your sister, and I didn't have to deal with Lizzy at all today. So, I would say this was one of my best days ever."

He smiled he was glad this was her best day, after all it should be every bides favorite day. She caught him off guard with her next words, and he missed a step in the dance.

"I think tonight will be better. If you want I will leave the rope ladder at my window and you can spend the night with me."

Before he had time to react to her proposal she leaned over and whispered in his ear.

"Just to make things easier for you, I am not wearing anything under my dress."

He was blushing he hadn't blushed since well he didn't know when.

"I will be there at your service my lady."

She gave him a wicked smile.

"That is Duchess to you! Your Grace."

He brought her over to his mother if he stayed by her side he might do something to embarrass the them both. He bowed to his mother and then left he needed a drink and the card room is where he would find the hard stuff no lemonade. The Dowager Duchess looked at the couple they were keeping a secret, but she didn't know what it was yet. But there was something different about them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 29.6K 46
❣️Wattpad Featured Story❣️ Can she love a haunted man? Scout Lawson is on her way to start a new job for the very rich and very reclusive George Wil...
The Forgotten Duchess By Kyra

Historical Fiction

491K 29.2K 60
After fleeing her burnt village, a woman with a mysterious past takes refuge in the home of a reticent duke. Soon, feelings develop, but secrets tha...
167K 2.8K 22
Allie was transferred to a new school because of her father's business trip. She's a new student in a crummy arts school in Hollywood, when she steps...
3.3K 174 16
Secrets, Stalkers, death threats, blackmail, and more is how Lady Victoria Valentine started her first season and it only got worse from there. To to...