The System

By MirandaBrown9

Alone. Lost. Scared. So many words to describe how I feel. What did I do? Why did they hurt me? Where do I go... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
A Trip
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
An Unexpected Surprise
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Words Of Wisdom
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 37

72 2 0
By MirandaBrown9

Jason's pov

Jessie and Talia's mother finally recovered and she was able to get them. They we're packing their stuff. "Thanks for taking care of us while mom was resting." Talia says. "We were happy to." I say hugging the darling little girls. They go back home and little Memphis was standing holding the table. "Ooh Miranda's gonna hate to miss this." I say pulling out my phone to record it. "Come on buddy. Come to mama!" Brittany said getting on her knees. My awesome little man smiles and tried walking to his mommy. Then Chris walked out of the kitchen with some Oreos. He was just watching. Memphis turned and started walking to him, making everyone laugh. "See ya ain't missin' much princess." I say then turn off the video. I send it to her and walk over. "Ugh you chose cookies over me?" Brittany fake whines picking him up. Chris laughs again and hands him a cookie. "Oh boy, now I'm outnumbered." I laugh and hug her. "That just means you've got more boys to treat you like a queen!" Chris says, making me smile. "I love my boys!" She says hugging them both.

*Later*

"You and me hunting tomorrow right dad?" Chris asks while I was doing the dishes. I smile and nod. "Roger. But don't go kicking my ass like ya did last time." He laughs. "What can I say? I've got skills!" He says. My competitive drive tries to win. "I'm just glad we get to do things like this together." I say hugging him. "Ah! Dad your hands are wet!" "Oops!" I say laughing. I hear Memphis crying. "Looks like somebody doesn't want to go to sleep." I say heading for the stairs. "Head to bed, Chris. We've gotta get up early." I get to our room and Britt was frustrated, trying to get him to go to sleep. "He's got gas, big time which is why he's so fussy." "I'll take over, babe. Get some sleep." I say, taking him from her and kissing her. "Thanks Jase, love ya." "Love you too." I head to his nursery. "Now why're you givin' mama a rough time, little man." I gave him his pacifier and tried burping him to get the gas out. But he was still screaming. I sigh and sit in the rocker. "Let's try something different, huh?" He looked up at me and sniffled, dropping ha pacifier. I pick it back up. "We were livin' for the minute, lovin' every second of it, careless, wild, and free. Nothin' could stop us! But one day time caught up to us! And woke us up in the middle of our dreams! But not before she loved me! She loved me!" I sing to him. He stares at me not crying with his mouth hanging open. "Oh little man teething sucks doesn't it." He screams again! "Ok ok! I'll keep singin' calm down!" I gasp, caught off guard. It's a mix between teething, gas, and not wanting to go to sleep. I sing hicktown to him and before too long, he drifted off to sleep. I look up and see Britt smiling at me. "You're such a good father, Jay." I smile and stand up. "It's definitely fun." She laughs and I lay him in the crib. "There ain't nothin' better than bein' parents." I say, smiling down at my sleeping baby. He's amazing. I love being a dad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 13 29
Nova was only 2 years old when she was kidnapped from her family. She has 5 older brothers and her biological parents are dead. What happens when her...
72.6K 2.4K 29
Sixteen year old Nova is ready to see what life has to offer. Her family isn't ready to let her go yet. Secrets beyond what Nova could imagine will b...
5.2M 139K 74
Evanna Halls, a 12 year old girl tries to overcome her mental illnesses while dealing with bullies in school and a divorce from their parents. After...
627K 18.9K 32
Completed and Editing!! Maddie James is a 16 year old foster child. She's lucky to have families take her in but it's not the best when they abuse he...