Chapter 38

*4 years later*

Miranda's pov

I graduated from college with a bachelor's degree in child psychology and got a job as a social worker. Just like I always wanted to. I went to visit mom and dad to tell them the good news. Memphis ran over and threw his little arms around my legs. I smile and scoop the six year old up. "Miss me?" "Did I ever!" He gasps excited. Dad walked out of the kitchen in dirty camo. "Catch anything good?" I ask smiling. He nods. "Dinner for the next week." Chris walks passed him in camo too. I smile and hug my other little brother. "I've got some big news." I say, setting Memphis down. "Where's mom?" "Upstairs." Chris said sitting on the couch. "Britt come downstairs, Miranda's here with some news!" Dad shouts making me laugh. "I missed you Daddy." I say hugging him. "Missed you too. Has that boy been treatin' you right?" "You know he has." Mom walks downstairs and excitedly hugs me. "Well my news, I finally got a job as a social worker." Chris jerks his head towards us. "Congratulations!" Mom and dad both say. Chris looks bothered by it." "What's wrong?" "I just.... I hated that time in our life." He mutters, looking at the ground. "I'm going to give back, Chris. I'll be able to help them better from experience." He forces a smile. "Congrats sis. I'm really proud of you." I hug him. "Come on hun, stay for dinner." Dad says. I smile. "Of course."

*A few days later*

Garret fell asleep on my shoulder while we were watching a movie. "God you're so cute." I say, kissing his cheek. He's been working with dad to become a singer like him. It makes me smile. Dad said Garret is like another son to him. I head upstairs to shower and find a song he wrote. One he wrote with my father. "You don't want me to say what's on my mind. Cause it could take us to a place, that you're afraid to go. I've been biting my tongue and biding my time. But I can't hold it much longer girl, you've gotta know! You're mine. I'm yours! That's the way I see us! Forever, for sure! There's no more! I've been keepin' it in for too long. I can't hold it in and I can't hold it back so hold on! Yeah baby! Hold on! My husband and father are both such good musicians. And I might never have met him if we didn't get adopted. I lay down for bed and twenty minutes later, I heard Garret walk in and lay beside me. He kissed me on the back of the neck and whispered, "I love you." I smile. "I love you too." I whisper closing my eyes.