Chapter 7

Miranda's pov

My heart is racing. I've never been so nervous in all my life. I have a family now. And I'm about to meet them. He says there's alot of people outside. "I don't know if I can do this." I whisper backing up. Right into Brittany. I can't call her mom. It doesn't feel right. Not yet at least. I miss my real mom too much. "Well come on out when youre ready." He says. After he and Chris walk out, I walk to my room.

Jason's pov

I'm so worried about Miranda. At least Brittany is still inside, if something bad happens. Poor kid is probably overwhelmed. "Everyone I'd like you to meet Chris, our son." I set him on the ground. He's always carrying his matchbox cars.My brother Danny walks over. Chris grabs my pants leg. I guess he's shy.

Miranda's pov

I look out the window. There is alot of people. My eyes go wide. It's overwhelming Chris! I shakily stand up. He hides behind Jason. I run out the door to my room and down the stairs. I'm caught off guard, hearing him laughing. He wasn't scared at all. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!" I cry, falling to my knees. "WHY AM I LIKE THIS?!" I hear someone call my name. I shakily look up and see the blonde headed woman, worry in her eyes. "I'm sorry!" I cry, sitting down, trying not to burst into tears. "What's wrong with me?" I whimper into my knees. She hugs me. "Nothing is wrong with you, Miranda. Nothing." "Yes there is!" I gasp. "I can't talk to people! I'm afraid of people!" "We understand honey." A guy walks out of the garage. "Go get Jason." She says. He quickly walks out. "No! Don't!" I cry panicked. "I don't want him to be disappointed in me." "Oh sweetie he won't be!" She says, giving my shoulder a light squeeze. A few seconds later, he walks in, trailed by the guy who got him. "What's the matter honey?" "I don't know. I'm just so scared and I don't know why." He hugs me. "What's got ya scared?" "I d-don't know." I shakily whimper, burying my face into his shoulder.

Jason's pov

She starts to cry. I worriedly stand up. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" "What? There's nothing to be sorry for." I say confused. "I'm just a bother." "No you're not!" I take her to the couch and Danny sits beside her.

Miranda's pov

The guy that got Jason sat beside me. "Ya know, I'm adopted too." My eyes go wide in surprise. I remember him mentioning having an adopted brother. "How long were you in the system?" I ask. "I was 8 when I was saved from my abusive mom. I stayed in the foster care system for six years." Just then a woman walks in and he smiles. "Til my mom... My adopted mom found me." The woman walks over and hugs him. "This is my mom." "Your new grandma." Jason says, sitting on the other side of me. "Tell her the story mama." He says, smiling. "Well it was late December and I saw him wrapped in newspapers under a bridge. I obviously wanted to help my sweet Danny." "I ran away from the foster family I was with." Danny says blushing. While she was telling me the story, I couldn't help but sneak glances at Danny. He was strong and brave. He didn't seem scared. "Weren't you afraid?" I ask timid. "In the beginning I was. I was like eleven. I'd heard all about stories on the news about kids getting kidnapped. But luckily Jason helped me." "How?" "Well after mom adopted me he stood up for me at school and said I was his brother." He smiles. "You are my brother." Jason says. Just then Chris stumbled in the door, holding onto the hand of a man. "Hey Dad." Danny says waving him over. Dad. He called him dad. "Don't you ever wonder where your real parents are?" "Nope. My real parents are right here." "No cry Sissy." Chris says, setting his hands on my cheeks and wiping my tears. Jason scoops him onto his lap. "Dada." He says, making me smile.

Jason's pov

"Yeah, he's Dada." Miranda says shocking me. I smile and hug her. "Welcome to the Aldean family."