Chapter 20

Miranda's pov

I stare at him shocked as the truth hits me clear out of the water. I'm left gasping for breath on my front porch. I am falling for him. "See ya later, Garret." I say waving and dazedly walking inside.

Jason's pov

What the heck was that about? I wait til the front door closes. I was about to open my mouth to speak when he said, "I wanna apologize about what I said in middle school. I had just lost my mom to cancer and I lost my way." Wow. Didn't see that coming. "Well then, that caught me off guard." He smiles, embarrassed. "I'm a different guy. I promise." "Ok well I just want to say. She's my little girl. She's been through hell and back and I'm not gonna let her get her heart broke. Anything you do to her, I've got a few ride or die bretheren that'll do the same damn thing to you." He looks worried. I smirk. "What... What do you mean?" "That's for me to know and for you to find out." I say walking back inside leaving him stunned. I laugh as I close the door. "Did you scare him shitless?" My eyes go wide. "Watch your language young lady." I say, pointing at her. She laughs and I nod. "That boy'll think twice before he tries to get in your pants." Her face turns red. "OMG! We only kissed once!!! Eww!" I laugh hysterically. "That's my job." "Grossing me out?" "No protectin' my babies." "Oh daddy you're such a goof." We hug and I head upstairs to check on Britt. She was in the bathroom. I hope she isn't throwing up again. "Baby you okay?" I ask knocking on the door. "Yeah. Just relaxing in the tub. "Oh okay. Well call me if ya need me." "I will. Love you." "Love you too babe." I go downstairs and start on dinner, laughing again as I picture her date looking, as my daughter put it, scared shitless.