infatuated | fillie

By dvlanobri

"give me one good reason why I should go to this party?" "wolfhard will be there." where two ex's see each o... More

intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifthteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
intermission
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
the end
fifty one (bonus chapter)

thirty six

2.9K 105 92
By dvlanobri

young ambition
say we'll go slow but we never do
premonition
see me spending every night with you
——————

Millie smiled when she woke up the next morning. The feeling of familiar warmth radiating to her skin was addicting and made her feel like home.

She smiled sitting up to have a better view of the features she adores. He stirred, opening his eyes slightly just to close them again, a small smile appeared on his face and a relived sigh escaped his lips.

"You're staring." He whispered, voice scratchy from his slumber.

"Damn right I am." Millie said, nodding her head even though his eyes were still stuck close.

"It's super uncomfortable."

"Deal with it."

Finn finally peaked one eye open, he let out a low giggle, the kind of giggle that anyone would find contagious. Millie then threw her body on him, wrapping her arms around his back and resting her face within the crook of his neck.

"I missed you."

"Me too." Finn agreed, breathing steady as he pulled her in tighter. "From now on, no more stupid arguments, no petty fights. I want you and hell am I going to let you go again."

"You mean that?" Millie said, looking up at him and batting her eyelashes for a fuller effect. Seeing him smile made her whole world spin and goddamnit she was so lucky to have him in her arms again.

"One hundred percent. Any arguments in the future, we sort it out then and there. We don't walk away unless it's solved, I'll stay even if you're kicking me out the door."

It warmed Millie's chest knowing how much he loved her, his warmth radiated her and caused her hair to rise on her neck.

Sighing as she sat up, she turned her attention to her sleeve, pulling on a piece of string hanging from it.

"I am really sorry."

Finn shook his head, refusing to let her get upset.

"I know you are." He replied. "I was stupid breaking up with you over it, I guess I overreacted but thinking about it-still thinking about the fact that he's held you the way I'm supposed to makes me sick to my stomach."

He had a point, Millie couldn't argue with the statement. Thinking of Finn with another girl made her feel dizzy, sick even. She felt so bad she put him in that position, it's all she could think about.

"It never felt the way it feels with you, not even a smidge. His hugs were stiff and just, I don't know. Your hugs are warm and they make me feel safe, like I can conquer the world."

"what does he have that I don't?"

The question haunted Millie. He had everything, most importantly he had her heart and she hoped she doesn't fuck it up again.

"Then why did you let him ruin our relationship?"

She could hear him say it as clear as day, it was eating at her chest making her feel like she was mentally exhausted.

But...hearing him breathe, hearing his voice and his laugh and feeling his skin on hers felt so goddamn right that for even a split second, her guilt didn't eat her alive as much.

"It was my fault." Millie whispered, it was barley audible.

"Huh?" Finn questioned, sitting up a bit trying to understand her more clearly.

"Nothing." Millie cleared her throat, looking up at him and forcing out a fake smile. "I'm fine."

"You're lying."

"I'm not?" Millie defended herself, quirking an eyebrow. She was a terrible fucking lier.

"You're such an open book to me." Finn nodded his head, looking her in the eye.

"Is that a good thing?"

"For me, yes." He said. "For you, a bit of both. Now tell me."

"I'm just blaming myself for our breakup. Knowing how I made you feel it's just making me feel sick. I made you feel like you were worthless, lesser than Jacob fucking Sartorious."

"Well, that's now in the past. Just think about how happy I am with you know, and believe it. Stop doubting yourself. I love you."

Millie diverted her gaze from her sleeve and finally looked up, smiling a smile which showed her happiness in her eyes. She was glowing, absolutely happy.

"I love you so much more."

"That, my friend, is impossible. Stop chatting shit." He replied, making the two laugh.

"Ok, I need to shower." Millie stood, wrapping her red dressing gown around her and picking up her phone to take with her to the bathroom.

"Why can't we just stay and sleep all day?" Finn moaned, falling back onto the pillow and lifting the thick blanket up past his shoulders.

"Because I'm hungry and I was going to see Sadie and Caleb today."

"Thanks for the invite, bitch."

"Hey!" Millie defended. "Just invite yourself like you always do." She winked when Finn shot her the finger before exiting off into the bathroom and turning on the shower.

She then opened her phone, becoming nervous when she saw a message from Jacob.

From: Jacob

hey, I heard you and Finn broke up, wanna meet?

Even his texts made her seethe, she found herself making a disgusted face at her phone while she reread the message a couple of times.

To: Jacob

no, we're together and happy despite you trying to ruin that. don't text me.

She then clicked on his contact, before blocking his number with a satisfied smile.

————————

"I'm just so happy you guys are back together." Winona beamed, sitting on the island with her hands clasped together. Millie's hand rested on Finn's back smiling at her mother, before sitting opposite her and letting Finn make the toast he promised her just ten minutes before.

"I mean, I wouldn't like to admit it but I would've missed you, kid." David said, walking in patting Finn on the back before stealing a piece of toast Finn just buttered on the side.

"Hey, that was mine!" Millie frowned, snatching the piece of toast from David's mouth before finishing it herself.

"Why thank you. It's nice to know I'm valued." Finn laughed, shaking his head.

"Hell, sometimes I like you more than Millie." David joked, causing a glare come from his daughter, winking at her in return childishly.

"Can't argue with that." Finn replied.

"Dad!" Millie moaned, causing David to hold his hands up in defence.

"Okay, I'm going." David said, grabbing his bag before kissing Winona on the lips and Millie on the head, waving at Finn before heading out the door.

Finn's phone then started to ring, he furrowed his eyebrows as she set the butter knife down onto the plate.

"Excuse me." He said, before walking out of the kitchen and answering his phone.

"Hello?"

"Finn? It's Elle."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.6K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
10M 515K 43
|| Featured FREE story with exclusive paid chapters - previously a paid story || When Haley discovers the truth behind Xavier, whose silence holds a...