three

Millie dragged her achy body out of bed as she changed out of her clothes as she forgot to do it last night. She changed into clean Pyjama shorts and one of Finn's old Twin Peaks shirts that were way too big for her. She walked into the bathroom and wiped her remaining makeup off with a wet wipe before sitting back on her bed and checking her phone. She had a few texts from Sadie and a couple of snap chats from no one really important.

From: Sadie❤️

Your ass better text me to tell me you're home so I know you're not eaten by a bear or something.

From: Sadie❤️

Millie you better answer your goddamn phone woman.

Millie laughed at her best friend, feeling warm that she cares for her as much as she does as she quickly decided to send her a text back.

To: Sadie❤️

I'm fine, all good. I have a lot to tell you, when can you come over?

Typical Sadie read the text straight away as she's been practically staring at her phone all morning waiting for Millie to text her back.

From: Sadie❤️

Leaving in 10.

Millie smiled as she chucked her phone back on her bed as she walked down the stairs slowly, ready to face her mother.

"Hey mom." Millie smiled, grabbing a cup and pouring orange juice into it before gulp it down the whole thing. She had an insane dry mouth.

"Well, consider that there's only 2 weeks left of summer I won't ground you and I'll let last night slide. But this is the last straw Millie, I promise you." Her mom said, pointing a stern finger.

"You have my word." Millie said, smiling.

"Anyway." Her mother continued "Finn knocked this morning."

This made Millie choke on her second glass of orange juice.

"F-Finn?" Millie stuttered, sitting down on the stool.

"Yeah, it was so lovely to see him again. Anyway, he just came to check if you made it home alive, I said you were okay and offered if he wanted to come in for breakfast but he assured me that you wouldn't want that. What's going on with you two?"

"Mom you know we broke up." Millie sighed, still thinking about how Finn only dropped by to make sure that she was ok. Why did he think that Millie wouldn't want to see him, though? Of course she wanted to see him, she wanted to see him so desperately. It was her ego that was stopping her.

"I know." Her mom gave her a small smile. "I'm off to work, you know where the emergency money is."

"Can I use that emergency money to order a pizza?" Millie shouted after her mother who was about to open the front door.

"As long as you replace the money after you get your allowance. Love you!" Her mom called out, shutting the door behind her.

But Millie couldn't get Finn off of her mind. She ran back upstairs to check her phone and to put on her dressing gown.