thirty six

young ambition
say we'll go slow but we never do
premonition
see me spending every night with you
——————

Millie smiled when she woke up the next morning. The feeling of familiar warmth radiating to her skin was addicting and made her feel like home.

She smiled sitting up to have a better view of the features she adores. He stirred, opening his eyes slightly just to close them again, a small smile appeared on his face and a relived sigh escaped his lips.

"You're staring." He whispered, voice scratchy from his slumber.

"Damn right I am." Millie said, nodding her head even though his eyes were still stuck close.

"It's super uncomfortable."

"Deal with it."

Finn finally peaked one eye open, he let out a low giggle, the kind of giggle that anyone would find contagious. Millie then threw her body on him, wrapping her arms around his back and resting her face within the crook of his neck.

"I missed you."

"Me too." Finn agreed, breathing steady as he pulled her in tighter. "From now on, no more stupid arguments, no petty fights. I want you and hell am I going to let you go again."

"You mean that?" Millie said, looking up at him and batting her eyelashes for a fuller effect. Seeing him smile made her whole world spin and goddamnit she was so lucky to have him in her arms again.

"One hundred percent. Any arguments in the future, we sort it out then and there. We don't walk away unless it's solved, I'll stay even if you're kicking me out the door."

It warmed Millie's chest knowing how much he loved her, his warmth radiated her and caused her hair to rise on her neck.

Sighing as she sat up, she turned her attention to her sleeve, pulling on a piece of string hanging from it.

"I am really sorry."

Finn shook his head, refusing to let her get upset.

"I know you are." He replied. "I was stupid breaking up with you over it, I guess I overreacted but thinking about it-still thinking about the fact that he's held you the way I'm supposed to makes me sick to my stomach."

He had a point, Millie couldn't argue with the statement. Thinking of Finn with another girl made her feel dizzy, sick even. She felt so bad she put him in that position, it's all she could think about.

"It never felt the way it feels with you, not even a smidge. His hugs were stiff and just, I don't know. Your hugs are warm and they make me feel safe, like I can conquer the world."

"what does he have that I don't?"

The question haunted Millie. He had everything, most importantly he had her heart and she hoped she doesn't fuck it up again.

"Then why did you let him ruin our relationship?"

She could hear him say it as clear as day, it was eating at her chest making her feel like she was mentally exhausted.