seventeen

be careful with me
my heart is like a package
with a fragile label on it
be careful with me
————————

It was last period, and Millie was avoiding everyone. She wanted to curl up into a ball like a little caterpillar and be by herself.

She doesn't even know why she feels so ashamed, maybe it was because of her bruised ego as she flipped out in front of almost the entire senior class. Her eyes were directed at her phone, looking at the couple of messages she got from her friends asking why she's been running from them, well, not literally.

She sighed, knowing that she was being petty as she left her last class and hopped in her car as she drove home.

Maybe it was the residual feeling of knowing that Finn was trying to pick up Iris at Jack's party, but she tried to slap that thought away, reminding herself over and over again that they were hardly talking at the time.

Finn, on the other hand, felt like it was entirely his fault. He wanted some clarification that him and Millie were still okay, still on good terms. All he wanted to do was to go back to his and find her led in his bed watching their favourite things on the TV like he's used to.

"Any luck?" Noah asked, leaning against Millie's locker after their last period.

Finn shook his head, throwing his arms down and shoving his phone into his back pocket.

"You know Millie guys, she probably just got overwhelmed and went home. Nothing to worry about." Sadie shrugged, as well as putting her phone in her bag.

"Yeah, everyone's overthinking. Let her sit on it and then calm down. She hasn't lashed out on anyone like that - Well, she has but not in front of the entire grade so she's probably just feeling embarrassed." Gaten said, tapping Finn on the shoulder for reassurance which Finn appreciated. "I can invite everyone round to my house again, she'll definitely turn up."

Everyone turned their head towards Finn, waiting for the nod of approval which after a couple of long winded seconds, he finally agreed.

When Finn got home, he pulled out his phone to see that Gaten texted something in the group chat that they were all in.

Gaten: night @ mine tonight, I asked the parents and they said they'll go out for a meal or whatever so we can have the house for a bit, who's in?

Sadie: I'll bring the beers ;)

Noah: I'll bring my presence to bless you all with

Finn: wow thanks Noah what a good friend you are couldn't of asked for a better gift

Finn: oh yeah, I'm in too.

Caleb: of course I'm innnnn, any excuse to kick all of your asses at Fortnite.

Noah: aw Caleb we all know you can try but will fail

Caleb: please, I'm better than any of you. Just wait and see

Gaten: friendly gathering turning into a Fortnite battle? I'm in.