Kaash Mai Tumse...

By AnonymousMe91

*Ranked #26 in love-hate(15-5-18) *Ranked #76 in angst(12-5-18)* __________ Book 1 of KMT series! Genre: Angs... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2A
Chapter 2B
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10A
Chapter 10B
Chapter 11A
Chapter 11B
Chapter 12A
Chapter 12B
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15A
Chapter 15C
Chapter 16A
Chapter 16B

Chapter 15B

15.4K 801 144
By AnonymousMe91

(Unedited)

Pyaar toh bas ho jata hai,

k agar wo udaas ho toh kuch bhi acha na lage,

Uss k door jaane ka khayal bhi apko pareeshan kare

_______________________________

Aaradhya Raheja glanced at her son who was talking to her with a smile intact on his face. It was his usual routine. Whenever he comes back from his office he spend two hours at least with her after dinner before going to his room. After his marriage, those two hours has lessened to one which didn't sit well with her. Not only that she has to share her son's love with someone else. That son whom she loves more than his other siblings.

While he tried to keep a balance between his mother and his wife, Aaradhya's contempt for her daughter-in-law only increased until one day it became too much for her when her son came so late at night and straight away went to his room without meeting her while she kept waiting for him in her room so that she could have dinner with him but it didn't happen.

That was the night when she cried herself to sleep without thinking any other logical explanation except for that her son was not hers anymore. He doesn't care for her nor does his world revolve around her anymore.

That was the same night she vowed to make things back to normal and get her son back who was so into his wife that he has forgotten his mother who gave birth to him. And she did achieve her goal and here she have her son back. Spending the whole two hours with her. Talking to her, having dinner with her, telling interesting stories of his office.

She has seen him obey her demands without a word and without a doubt she has also seen him pining for his wife too. As he stood up to leave kissing her forehead she grabbed his hand.

He turned to her in question.

"Kya hua Maa? (What's wrong mother?)" He crouched down to her level while she sat on the bed.

"Ja.. ja k le a usse. (Go and get her back)" She said caressing the side of his face.

"Maa?" He frowned.

"I said go get her back."

His frown deepened.

"What do you mean go and get her back?" He pursed his lips.

"I am .. I know I had been unreasonable and.. moody and I am sorry. I can see you're torturing yourself without her just because I made you swear on me that you'd leave her and never look back. I realized my-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU REALIZED YOUR MISTAKE AND WANT ME TO GO GET HER?" He burst out with his hands shaking as he stood up abruptly.

Aaradhya closed her eyes in pain as he shed every facade and stood before her without any pretense of normalcy.

"Bitwa. I-"

"No Maa. Don't say it. Don't say it ever again. You- you ruined my happy married life made it like a joke in front of the world. Made me swear on you to leave the woman who has just come into our lives leaving her whole damn family behind." He gasped swallowing the tears.

"You don't get to choose about Preetika's coming and going in my life. Not anymore." He shook his head. "Enough. It's enough." He gritted before with a cry he fell down on his knees before his crying mother and let his head fall on her lap.

"I will talk to her and apologize." She choked.

"No. NO." He raised his head with a jerk. "You will do no such thing."

"But –"

"No." He stood up. "You'd be humiliating her more if you go there to offer just a word of sorry. She deserves so much more than that. So much more."

He turned and found his father and siblings standing looking at him worriedly. And why won't they? They have never seen him this way even when he kicked Preetika out which was five and a half months ago. Almost half a year!

Pressing his fingers to his eyes he walked around them before taking long strides off the house leaving behind his worried family along with a guilty mother.

His jaws clenched as he heard footsteps approaching his table.

"AMAN I SAID," He raised his head and surprisingly stopped right there. His mouth which was opened to shout more, closed itself as he slumped against his leather chair. As right there the perfect example of that 'stupid' man was standing who himself let go of his happiness because he couldn't put his wife above his family.

Looking at his face, he realized like him, he has reached to the brim of his patience as well otherwise at this time when all of his workers were staying past his radar he wouldn't have made the mistake to come to the lion's den.

"What is it Ankur?" Arnav asked curtly.

"Will you," Ankur cleared his throat while Arnav's piercing gaze made him uncomfortable and somewhat scared. "Will you ask Khushi Mam to talk to Preetika and let me know how is she?"

Creases on Arnav's forehead smoothed and he scoffed.

"Why now? Ah not my business I know. Anyways why don't you go to her yourself? You're still her husband after all." The sarcasm in Arnav's tone could easily be felt.

"I can't. I don't deserve her and I just want to know that she is all right." He said defeated.

"For that I don't have to ask Khushi. I know." Arnav said calmly but Ankur couldn't hold it anymore.

"Then tell me, ASR? Please?" He pleaded. His eyes shining with precursors of tears. For a record Arnav could feel what he was going through. What it is like not to be with the woman you love especially when she is pregnant and you couldn't be with her to help her in this phase!

His mind reminded him of another truth. Ankur doesn't know about Preetika's pregnancy at all. Arnav's eyes darkened.

"I will tell you how Preetika is doing but first you tell me. Are you sure you don't want to meet her? At all?"

He nodded helplessly.

"Then keep your words even after I tell you this."

Ankur gulped.

"Preetika is pregnant. Five and a half months by now!" Arnav pulled the rug off his feet.

He gasped whilst his eyes turned wide as saucers. Putting the man in his place made Arnav somewhat relieved.

"Now go ahead. Live your life like she doesn't exist neither does your baby." Arnav said with a raised eyebrow while Ankur held the chair for support.

Arnav dialed the intercom and looking into Ankur's eyes said cruelly.

"Prepare another termination letter. Mr. Ankur Raheja is of no use to AR anymore."

Ankur's shoulders slumped and as Arnav dismissed him with his hand Ankur dragged himself out without any protests while Arnav leaned his head back and looked up at the ceiling.

He wouldn't have told Ankur if his own wounds hadn't bled open. He, sadistically, wanted someone to go through the same agony he was himself going through after finding about his wife pregnancy which was hidden from him for long three and a half months.

Besides, somewhat he could relate to him. Ankur has chosen his mother over his wife and so had he. Now he was repenting his mistakes and he wanted Ankur to do the same for which he gave him the much needed push.

Seeing Aman's number flashing on her screen she quickly picked up scared for Arnav because the way he has left home has terrified her. She hoped he was okay.

"Anjali Mam?"

"Yes, Aman?" She asked nervously. "Is Chote all right?"

"He is busy making our life a hell here in this office, Mam. He has fired fifty one employees in a few hours. Please, could you please do something and calm him down a bit or else he would destroy AR in one day?" He paused and Anjali fell back on the bed with her eyes shining with tears. Words failed her.

Not hearing any reply he continued.

"I have been trying Khushi Mam's number continuously but she isn't picking up. Please either of you has to come here and handle or just do something to get him out of the office. I'd be handle the critical situation here only without his influence. Otherwise this time he won't hesitate to fire even me."

"I can't do anything Aman. He doesn't listen to me anymore." Anjali murmured aghast.

"What about Khushi Mam?"

"She won't come." Anjali said in a flat tone and then even in the phone on the other side Anjali heard her brother shouting maniacally for Aman. She shuddered even being far here and what must his employees going through there?

"I have to go, Mam but please do something. Send Khushi ji here anyhow. Please for god's sake!" And then the line was cut.

Anjali stood up on shaky legs and walked to Khushi's room. Knocking once she entered in and found the room empty. Her heart skipped a beat in fear but then she sighed in relief when she heard the shower running in the bathroom.

She sat on the couch close to the bed waiting for Khushi to come out and when she did Anjali didn't know how to start the topic.

"Di?" Khushi asked seeing the worry lines on her forehead and came to sit facing her on the bed.

"Will you do me a favor Khushi ji, please?" Anjali pleaded.

"Of course Di. Why are you even asking? Just say it." Khushi said urgently.

"Really? Promise me you won't get angry?"

Now that made Khushi cautious and she understood the matter must be of Arnav otherwise nothing else could anger her now-a-days.

"If it is about Arnav ji then please Di I don't want to talk about him at all."

"I am not asking you to accept him back or forgive him." Anjali cleared her position.

"Then what?" She asked in confusion.

Swallowing past a lump Anjali told her word to word the situation in AR which changed Khushi's expression from stoic to somewhat concerned as well.

"This is his habit from childhood. When the things slips from under his influence he tries these tactics to keep pretending that everything is still under his control."

"What do you want me to do?" Khushi averted her eyes to hide the moisture in her eyes.

"You do know why and for whom he is behaving like this." Anjali said knowingly.

"Yeah I do. He couldn't control me anymore so he is firing those poor people to tell them who has the power and who is above them. That he controls their lives at least if not mine!" Khushi scoffed and Anjali couldn't meet her eyes as Khushi made a correct guess.

"Aap unhe itna jaanti hain Khushi phir toh aap ye bhi jaanti hongi k unhe roka kaise jaye, nahi? (You know him so much then you must know what would put a full stop to all this, no?)"

"Jo woh chahte hain wo mai kabhi mar k bhi nahi de sakti unhe. (I couldn't give him what he wants. Not even on my dead body!)" Khushi choked.

"Toh jo aap chahti hai wo de de dijiye unhe. (So give him what you want.)" Anjali said calmly.

"Kya matlab? (What do you mean?)" Khushi frowned.

"Aap nafrat karti hain Chote se. Apne bachche ko un k aas pass bhi bhatakne nahi dena chahti toh ye sab unhe jaa k btaiye. Apni nafrat ka izhaar kijiye. (You hate him. You can't stand him anywhere near your baby so go and tell him just that. Express your real feelings)"

"Woh hum kar chuke hain! (That I already had!)"

"Jaante hain issi liye toh un ki ye haalat hai. Par phir bhi wo khud ki galti manane ki bajaye khud badalne ki bajaye dosro ko saza de rahe hain. Aap ko unse baat kar k unhe un ki galti ka ehsas dilana hai Khushi ji. Aur ye sirf aap kar sakti hai. (I know you did that's why he is behaving like this. But still instead of accepting his mistake and changing himself he is punishing others. You have to talk to him and make him realize his mistakes. And this, only you can do!)"

"Hum hargiz unse koi baat nahi karna chahte. (I don't want to talk to him at all)" She snapped.

"Un be-gunah employees k liye bhi nahi jinhe wo apne gusse aur dukh ka nishana bana rahe hain? (Not even for those innocent employees who are getting crushed under his anger and hurt without any fault of them?)" Anjali knew Khushi this much that she couldn't see anyone suffer when she knew she could do something about it and she was right.

"Di, hum unka saamna nahi kar sakte. (Di, I can't face him)" Khushi croaked swiping a hand on her moist eyes.

"Why can't you? You have done nothing wrong. If anyone should be guilty or afraid to show his face then it should be Arnav." Anjali grabbed her hand and cupped the side of her cheek.

"Di," Khushi looked ready to protest all over again but Anjali cut her.

"Khushi, ye baat toh aap bhi jaanti hain na k aap Chote se dobara shaadi karein ya na karein wo aap ki zindagi se kabhi alag ho nahi sakte. Aap ki wajah se nahi toh aap dono k bachche ki wajah se. Toh kya aap chahti hain k aap ka hone wala bachcha bhi issi tension wale maahol mai janam le jahan uska baap aye din koi nayi musibat aap dono pe khadi kar de?

(Khushi, you do know this too that whether you marry Chote again or not he won't be fully out of your life at all. Even if not for you but for the baby who belong to both of you. So tell me do you want to bring up your child in this tense atmosphere where his/her father would create one or the other problem every other day?)"

"Bilkul bhi nahi. (Never!)" Khushi shrieked with her arm involuntarily going around her midriff as if to save her child from anything coming its way.

"I knew it." Anjali bent her head and kissed Khushi on her forehead. "Mohan Bhaiyya is waiting outside. He will drop you to AR. Okay?"

"O-Okay." Khushi whispered blinking back the tears.

Anjali was about to go when Khushi called her from behind. Anjali turned to her with question.

"Hum Amma se milna chahte hain, Di. Sirf aik baar? (I want to meet my mother, Di. Just once?)" A tear rolled down her cheek.

Anjali looked at her dilemma before exhaling.

"Khushi ji, it's very delicate situation now-a-days. He has just started to live in present not in past and if he came face to face with his past all over again then we both know it won't end well. Not only that he would think Guptas be a threat who would take you away and you know very well how much sensitive he is about you and now for baby too. Please think before you act. Not for him but for your baby and your mother as well."

"Can you just give them a call and find out how is Amma, Babu ji and Bua ji doing?" Khushi sobbed out all of a sudden. Anjali rushed back to her and hugged her.

"They are fine and they know about the good news too." Anjali had to reveal it for Khushi was crying with hiccups. Khushi's head shot up to her in surprise.

"How do you-"

"I just know. Don't ask me how." Anjali wiped Khushi's face.

"Why don't you do something and get me out of your brother's clutches?" Khushi snapped losing it gripping the mattress from either sides leaning forward looking ahead.

Anjali let out a defeated sigh with a sheen of tears shining in her eyes.

"I want her to choose me by hook or by crook and this time I am going to get it even if I have to manipulate it out of her then so be it. She will chose me and you will convince her to do so, Di won't you?"

"You would, Di. Because if you didn't then only you would be leaving from here while I and Khushi would leave this country forever. Not only that I'd start my search for Guptas again. Now do you want that?"

"I am helpless as much as you are. I have to think not only for you and my niece/nephew but also for your family and somewhere my brother as well. I don't want him to do something that would take away all of his chances to at least be with his baby. He has already lost you. He won't be able to live if he lost the right to call his child his own as well." Anjali explained softly but Khushi kept staring at the floor with unseen eyes before standing up.

"Wish me luck Di for I am willingly going to my destruction!" Saying this Khushi stormed off and no sooner than that Anjali heard a car leaving the mansion.

Khushi is coming to AR, Aman. Now its your responsibility to not leave her alone with your boss at all. Keep me informed when she reaches there.

Anjali typed urgently with shaky hands and sent the message to Aman.

As if Aman would be able to stop ASR from being with the woman for whom he was pining to the point of madness!

Pam shuddered and trembled before him like a leaf while Arnav wasn't done yet.

"IS THIS YOUR WORK ETHICS? IS THIS HOW YOU WOULD GIVE ME A PRESENTATION?" He was shouting without a break and then his words became so cutting and cruel that always the carefree Pamilla couldn't hold back the tears at all. Everyone were standing behind their desks with their hearts galloping in their chest seeing the scene unfolding before them.

"WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH ALL OF YOU WOMEN? WHEN YOU CAN'T DEFEND YOURSELF YOU START SHEDDDING CROCODILE TEARS TO MELT THE PERSON BEFORE YOU BUT MIND YOU I AM ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA AND YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER TO TRY THESE TACTICS WITH ME. AMAN! AMAN!"

"Yes, ASR?" He was standing behind him already.

"TYPE. ANOTHER. TERMINATION. LETTER. And give it to this lady here." He chewed each word. Pam shivered and her eyes went wide as saucers.

"But ASR, it was unintentional. I can redo it. It was just a typing error." Pam pleaded. Everyone looked at her with pity. But Arnav was standing before her like a stone was placed in his chest in the place of heart. Without paying heed to her pleads he turned with brisk expressions on his face and his gaze accidentally fell on the main door and then forgot to return.

"Please, Please, Sir. I am really sorry. Don't do this. Please." Pam was crying and pleading but his senses has shut off and his brisk expressions changed to vulnerable in milliseconds seeing the woman standing at the door with her arms crossed over her chest. She was glancing in between him and Pam who was pleading behind him.

Aman noticed something unusual in ASR's stance and looking at his expressions turned to follow his line of vision and inwardly, he thanked heavens seeing Khushi standing at the door looking at the happening with disbelief in her eyes.

Pam was continuously pleading while there was pin drop silence otherwise. Khushi walked forward silently and seeing her even Pam stopped speaking.

"Pam ji, you can go and resume your work." Khushi said looking at Pamilla with an encouraging look on her face.

Pam gulped and looked at Arnav scared.

"Don't be scared. No one would say anything. Okay? Just go."

When Arnav didn't say anything Pam ran for her life passing Khushi a grateful teary smile.

"Everyone please get back to work. The showdown is over." Khushi's confident voice boomed around in the hall just like a minute ago ASR's voice was ringing here in anger.

They obeyed without a word. Maybe it was the authority in her tone just like their boss which forced them to do as she said. Aman couldn't be more thankful to her for handling the situation.

As they resumed working Khushi turned to Aman.

"Aman ji, whoever those fifty one employees are, please can you send them an apology letter from AR and ask them to come back to work tomorrow?" Khushi said softly.

"Of course. Right away, Mam." Aman left taking the order and that's when Khushi turned to look at him who hasn't moved an inch from his place and neither has his eyes left scanning every feature on her face.

"If you are done showing your superiority to others can we have a word somewhere, alone?" Only she knew how she kept standing on her feet seeing him this broken.

Everyone must be thinking him to be heartless bastard for the way he reacted today in the office but she knew it was the brokenness which has been coming out in the form of rage. But now before her he stood without any facade and despite everything he did her heart clenched in her chest for him.

"Are you going to stand here staring or take your pregnant wi-" Khushi felt her throat constricting. She cleared it and continued while her slip of tongue was enough to bring Arnav out of stupor.

"--this pregnant lady to sit at some comfortable place? My feet are aching." She corrected her words and regretted it the next moment because in amidst of various gasps he carried her up effortlessly with so much tenderness that each and every employee had their jaws hitting the floor. Her arms on its own accord went around his neck.

Was this the same man who was bursting out on them and firing them for even a minute of their mistake?

"You should have told me earlier." He said just that while Khushi couldn't protest neither could she say a word due his sudden act. Aman who has just come out while instructing the HR about Khushi's orders he saw Arnav taking Khushi upstairs to his cabin. He remembered Anjali's message but he couldn't find the courage to go to the lion and stay there. He was sure ASR would tell him to fuck off. But still he had to do something. Anything!

"Is it really bad? Should I call the doctor?" Arnav asked placing her on the couch in his cabin and crouched down before her. His hands went down to her feet to take off the shoes but she pulled back.

"Don't." Khushi said sternly.

"Let me massage them a bit? You will feel better." He said with a plethora of emotions shining in his eyes. Concern being on the top.

"I am fine." This time her tone was more icy than before.

Swallowing he stood up and sat on the table infront facing her. His hands intertwined with each other with his arms placed on his thighs while he was leaning forward keeping her locked under his gaze.

"Kuch khao gi? (Want to eat something?)"

"Nahi. (No)"

"Doctor ko bulwa doon? (Should I call for a doctor?)"

"Nahi. (No)"

"Kuch chahiye tumhe? (Do you need anything?)"

"N-Nahi. (N-No)"

"Baby theek hai? (Is the baby all right?)"

"Hmm"

"Tum theek ho? (And you?)"

"Hmm"

"Pani? (Water?)"

"Nahi. (No)"

"Khushi kya chahiye tumhe btao mujhe? (What do you want Khushi just tell me?)" He asked restlessly.

"Humein azaad kar dijiye. Kar sakte hain? (Free me. Can you?)"

"Nahi. (No)" This time it was him who replied in negative.

After many moments he spoke.

"Kab hai tumhari agli appointment doctor k pass? (When is your next appointment with the doctor?)" He asked even though he knew. He just wanted to know what would be her answer.

"Aap ko isse koi matlab nahi hona chahiye. (That shouldn't be your concern!)"

"Khushi!" He said sternly.

"Jaan kar kya karein gay? Aur sun lijiye hum aap k saath nahi Di k saath jayen gay. Humein ya hamare bachche ko apki zaroorat nahi hai. Aur ye baat hum aap ko pehle bhi bta chuke hain. (What will you do if you got to know it anyways? And listen carefully, I will go with Di not you. Neither I nor my baby need you which I already told you!)"

"KAISE NAHI HAI ZAROORAT? (How could you both not need me?)" His expressions changed in seconds which made Khushi chuckle sarcastically.

He closed his eyes looking at her reaction. Composing himself he inhaled and exhaled before opening his eyes. Rubbing his forehead he stared at her apologetically.

"I am trying here and you are not helping at all. I have temper issues Khushi and you-"

"Not just temper. You have control issues too. You are used to having your way. You couldn't hear anyone say NO to you. And the list goes on."

"Damn right!" He growled in a low maniac voice and regretted it when he saw Khushi wrapping her arms around her midriff as if to protect her child, their child from his anger.

"Don't curse. If you can't hold your anger than I better go because I want my child to hear and feel only good things not dark-" She stood up and turned to leave and her words got stuck in some region of her throat when she felt two arms coming around hers right above hers on her midriff.

"Don't force me to turn more dark. If you behaved like this then I-" He was whispering it with his lips close to her ears. A chill ran down her spine. She couldn't react for several moments.

"AMAN GET OUT!" Arnav yelled seeing Aman entering without knocking who himself lowered his eyes looking at the scene in front but it was enough to jolt Khushi back to present.

"One minute Aman ji." Khushi shrugged his arms and composed herself.

"Will you drop me back to RM? I am done here." She requested but it set off Arnav's anger.

"I will drop you." Arnav said from behind and his tone held no room for argument but she wasn't Khushi for nothing.

"Aman will." She turned to him and announced.

"No. I will." He interjected strongly.

"I don't want to go with you. Understood?" She was adamant.

"You will go with me only. Get lost Aman!" Arnav said the last sentence to Aman who was about to go seeing the seriousness of the situation but Khushi stopped him.

"Aman ji, wait for me in your car. I will be down in a minute." She said as if he didn't say anything.

"Aman if you didn't bug off I will fire you and I swear on Khushi I mean it."

Khushi looked at him dumbstruck.

"How could you,"

He cut her sternly.

"I just did. If you don't want me to fire Aman you'd come with me. Now the choice is yours!" He shrugged.

Khushi's shoulders slumped and seeing her loosing the fight Aman left silently.

"Come. You said you wanted to have a word with me yet you stayed all silent for the last half an hour. Not only you I want to have a word with you, too. Let's clear some things between us today once and for all." It looked like after all the conflict in his mind and heart, he has finally come up to a decision.

"I came here just to prevent AR to be destroyed by you. To give those 51 employees their job back. My work is done. Now I don't have anything to say to you. Neither do I want to listen to anything you have to say." She turned her head to the glass window which right now was covered with shades.

He clenched his hands.

"Oh really? You won't listen to anything I say?"

Silence was all he got in answer.

"You came here for my workers. That means you'd come to solve what I'd destruct every time I'd create a mess?"

At that Khushi couldn't help but look at him.

"Fine. Instead of 51, I'd terminate 100 more random employees and then I'd see how would you stop me."

Her eyes widened.

"I didn't say anything downstairs when you're ordering my workers because I liked the way you posed yourself the boss. It showed you consider this company yours as much as its mine but if you'd leave just like that without hearing me out then I'd be forced to destroy not only the life of my workers but whole of AR too. If you want that let me know and I'd ask Aman to drop you off."

Khushi spitted fire at him.

"You are the most unethical, egoist, ruthless and selfish person I have ever seen. Is this how you're trying to change for me and our baby?" She scoffed.

"I wanted to change. I still do. But one more revelation broke me into pieces, turned my world upside down, ME.. upside down and I don't know what to feel anymore. About you, about our baby or even myself for that matter." He said in a low growl closing the distance between them and looking into her eyes with a mountain of pain in them.

"W-What revelation?" She gulped.

"You asked Dr. Nidhi to abort the baby? Our baby? The symbol of the only night when we both loved each other without any pretense?" He didn't want to but his tone turned accusing at the end.

Khushi turned dead pale. She was afraid of the way his demeanor screamed of hurt. And when Arnav Singh Raizada is hurt, he could do anything not to feel anything and mask those emotions and for that, he could hurt anyone. Anyone. Especially her.

"W-Who," She cleared her throat. "Dr. Nidhi told you?" She came to a possible conclusion considering Nidhi was not only Raizadas family doctor but also one of Arnav's close friends.

"Doesn't matter who told me. You always taunt me that I make decision for both of us without asking you and there, what you did? You took the decision for our baby on your own without taking me in confidence? Why different rules for yourself and I Khushi Kumari Gupta?" He gritted while Khushi died a thousand deaths by hearing her former name from his mouth.

It reminded her of his cruelty of smashing their relation that now even for the namesake they weren't each other's. They were officially divorced.

"Whether you accept it or not you are an equal participant in ruining our relationship." He glared.

"I am an equal participant?" She exclaimed shoving him off.

"Of course. It all started when you choose your mother over me!" He growled. It was as if his life has stopped moving after that moment months ago.

"I did what was right." Her voice seemed to be coming from under the cliff.

"You made me promise to never leave you the night before our marriage and what you did? You went and sided with your mother. YOU LEFT ME. YOU BROKE OUR RELATION. You didn't think of what would it do to me?" He cupped her cheeks firmly and asked her desperately.

"Hamara rishta toh iss sab se upar tha Khushi. Sahi aur galat se bhi uper. Humein saath rehna tha chahe kuch bhi ho jaye. Yahi baat uss heer ranjha wale act k waqt humne aik doosre se kahi thi. Kahi thi k nahi? (Our relation was above everything Khushi. Even above right and wrong. We were meant to be together no matter what. This, we said to each other during that Heer-Raanjha act didn't we?)" He breathed fire. Khushi's eyes stung as if someone sprinkled sand in it.

"Directly nahi par ye baat hum dono ne dil se qabool ki thi Khushi. Direct toh humne aaj tak aik dosre se 'I love you dammit' k ilawa kuch nahi kaha. (I know we didn't say it to each other directly but we kept it locked and safe in our hearts. In fact we never said anything to each other directly except for a simple I love you dammit.)" He croaked. Swiping a hand across his eyes he exhaled ignoring the obvious stunned expressions on Khushi's face. She stood before him like a statue. But he knew she was listening and,

He wasn't done yet.

"Tum jaanti ho agar tumne mujhe chuna hota na toh mai shayad, shayad tumhari Maa ko maaf kar deta par nahi tumhe wo kiya jisne mujhe tod diya. Khatam kar diya mujhe. Tum kehti rahi k maine tumse tumhare Arnav ji ko cheena hai? NAHI. Ye sach nahi hai. Tumne khud.. KHUD apne Arnav ji ko maar dala. Tumne maara hai.

(You do know if only you had had chosen me then maybe, maybe I might have forgiven your mother but what you did torn me. It finished me. You kept saying that I snatched your Arnav ji from you, right? NO. It's not true. You, yourself, YOURSELF killed your Arnav ji. You killed him!)" He pointed to her with his eyes shining with unshed tears.

"In that case you didn't had the right to feel bad when I divorced you because that's what you wanted from day one didn't you? Tumne toh mujhe kab ka chod diya tha Khushi. Ye toh mai hi pagal tha k himmat nahi thi tumse alag rehne ki. (You left me long ago Khushi. It was just me stupid, an idiot that I couldn't think of living without you!)"

"What you suffered after marriage that was your punishment for that only. More for choosing your mother over me than you being the daughter of Garima Gupta!" He looked like he was on the spree to confess soul wrenching truths. His emotions. All the pain and hurt he has kept buried within.

Khushi shivered standing in the same position. She looked like she would fall on the ground any moment from now. She wobbled on her place but he was quick on reflexes to catch her in his arms and hold her there.

"Tumhe mujhse chutkara chahiye na. De diya. Par aik baat yaad rakhna hamara rishta bhale hi khatam ho jaye maira maire bachche se rishta nahi toote ga na mai tootne doon ga. (You want to get rid of me. You got it. But keep this one thing clear in your head. Our relation may finish but my rights to be with my child would never break neither would I let it)"

Khushi looked at him with her breaths stuck in her throat but tears were continuously falling from her cheeks.

It felt like he has placed a mirror in front of her and she couldn't help but avert her eyes from truth. He was wrong, no doubt but she wasn't fully right either.

Now the question arises,

Who was more wrong or who was more right?

"Aur aik baat, Di ne shayad tumhe btaya nahi par unhone tumhare parents ko kahi chupa diya hai aur mujhse waada liya hai k mai unhe dhondne nahi jaon ga. Par ab. Ab toh mai jaon ga. Tumhare jaane k baad zaroor jaon ga. Waise bhi maire bachche k paida hone se pehle inn musibaton se chutkara hasil kar k rahun ga chahe uss k liye mujhe kuch bhi karna pade.

(And one more thing, Di didn't tell you but she has hidden your parents and has taken a promise from me not to search them. But now. I will. After you will leave, I will find them for sure. Because before my child's birth I want to finish all of my problems once and for all no matter what I have to do to achieve it)"

Khushi's eyes widened and a gasp escaped her.

"Ruk jaiye, Arnav ji. Please. (Stop Arnav ji. Please)" She grabbed him through his shoulders and put pressure on it to calm him down. Seeing the madness in his eyes has terrified her.

"Aap, (You)" She swallowed. "Aap humse baat karna chahte hain. Kar lijiye. Aap chahte hain hum kahin na jayen. Hum nahi jayen gay. Aap jaisa kahen gay hum waisa karen gay par bas hamari Amma ko kuch mat kahiye ga. Please. (If you want to talk to me. You can. You don't want me to go anywhere. I won't. I'd do whatever you'd say but just don't hurt my mother. Please.)" She touched her head to his shoulder and sobbed.

"Jaisa kahun ga waise karo gi? (You will do as I say?)" He asked putting a stone on his heart and kept his hands on his sides. It took all of his self-control to carry on being this cold and hard.

She nodded without raising her head.

"Toh mairi baat maano aur shaadi kar lo phirse. Mujhse? (Then agree to me and get married. To me again!)" He said and she pulled back and took many steps back as if she has touched a live wire.

"W-What?"

"If you don't want to give me a chance fine by me. Just marry me and I'd let you be. But my child would not be called names. He would be Arnav Singh Raizada's child not some," He trailed off.

"Jab baat apne bachche pe ayi toh hua na dard. Tab kuch kyun nahi hua tha jab Jiji ko najaiz bula rahe the? (It hurts when the matter is of your child. When was this ideology of yours when you called Jiji illegitimate?)" She scoffed.

"Mai Payal se maafi maang lun ga. Jo kuch bhi uski Maa ne kiya Payal ka isme koi qasoor nahi tha. She is as innocent as you are. I was just angry and,

(I will apologize to Payal. Whatever her mother did Payal has nothing to do with it.)"

"When would you say sorry to my mother?" Khushi asked and it burned him.

"Khushi." He warned her.

She backed off seeing that fire was about to ignite in his eyes which she would've lit up more if she has pushed him and she don't want to bring him back to the point where he would threaten her mother or go search her. So she shut up at once on that topic.

"Now would you marry me?"

"No."

"Khushi!" He gritted frustrated.

"My child will have your name only don't worry but for that I don't have to marry you. Just let me be."

"Don't test my patience Khushi."

"Don't test mine either Mr. Raizada."

"I don't want to hurt you anymore."

"Wrong. You already did. I knew it you won't be able to stick to your promise for long." She said as a matter of fact. "I was just waiting when you'd burst out again and I didn't had to wait for long. Your pretense puffed off in front of me just a few minutes ago when you again threatened me to marry you by blackmailing me by my mother."

His expressions didn't change a bit. Just that he placed his hands in his pockets keeping his gaze fixed on her.

"You have my words I'd not hurt you because of your mother ever again after you'd marry me."

"But you'd hurt my mother anyway?" She narrowed her eyes.

"You aren't helping at all dam,"

"Shut up!" She stopped him before he could curse again.

He pressed his lips into a thin line.

"Oh yeah you're too helpful for me all these months, no?" She gibed.

"Khushi." He warned yet again.

She twitched her mouth.

"We are marrying Khushi. Again."

"No way."

"My child will not be called.. names!" He emphasized again.

"So you are doing it for him?"

"I am doing it for you too, you idiot. People would point fingers at you too because there is no evidence of our marriage the both the times we tied the knot. And if anyone tried to badmouth you or our baby I won't be able to hold myself. I swear I'd kill them. Now if you want to tell our child that his or her father was sentenced to death for being a murderer then be stubborn and don't listen to me."

Khushi held the desk for support before throwing her head in her hands and splinted into helpless sobs.

"Tumhare rone se maira faisla badalne wala nahi!(Your tears can't and won't change my decision!)"

"You said you'd give me space and let me think and won't hover." She exclaimed giving him a rough push. Her patience was already laying thin and upon that he was only instigating her to burst out.

"That was before when I didn't know about our baby. Now there are no second thoughts about it. Whether you want it or not you'd have to stay with me. Forever."

"You can't make decisions for us alone. I should have an equal say in everything but you are so full of yourself that you-" She stopped as he gave her a smug look as if saying,

'Look who is talking'

She gasped for breaths. She was engulfed in his embrace in the next moment. She did protest but he rubbed her back to calm her down.

"Our child will need both of us. So you have to make this compromise. You have to bear with me and the title of being Arnav Singh Raizada's wife." He whispered against her hairs while Khushi, she was regretting listening to Di and coming here. Here, where he was prepared with all of his tactics to trap her in his web from all the sides from where she couldn't escape even if she tried so hard.

Soon, she left the fight and Arnav took it as a sign of her reluctant affirmation.

"Baby is comparatively less in size than the fetus of three and a half months but otherwise everything else seems close to normal." Nidhi said to the parents sitting on the other side of her desk.

Despite Arnav's pleading looks Khushi refused to allow him to come to the room where Nidhi performed the scans. So he impatiently waited outside pacing the length of Nidhi's cabin. It was he who has preponed Khushi's second antenatal checkup because of the situation they faced in his office. He has been hard on her and he wanted to be sure that it didn't affect her or the baby's health.

"Close to normal?" Khushi asked worriedly bringing him back to present.

"Mrs. Rai-"

"Call me Khushi." Khushi cut her. His Adam's apple bobbed.

"Oh okay. Khushi, like I told you in your previous visit that you are stressing way too much. If you want your child to grow healthy you have to have a sound health too." Nidhi said softly closing the file before her.

Khushi couldn't reply because she didn't know what to say.

"Actually, Khushi has been eating very less as compared to usual. Not only that, she couldn't eat her favorite food because their smell instigate nausea and vomiting. So can you make a diet chart which could ensure both her and the baby's health?" Arnav spoke.

"I already had. Khushi has it."

Arnav looked at Khushi stunned. If she had it why wasn't she following it? His jaws flexed with frustration. Why was she hell bent on playing with his life?

"Aren't you following it, Khushi?" Nidhi asked frowning.

Khushi fidgeted. And Arnav knew she would now make up an excuse. It was her habit while trying to get out of a difficult situation.

"I-I am. Just that I don't feel much hungry now-a-"

"Tumhari bhook ki aisi ki tesi." Arnav muttered under his breath but still both Khushi and Nidhi heard it. Khushi gulped while Nidhi bit back an amused smile.

"Give me a copy of her diet chart." Arnav demanded and nodding Nidhi opened her own set of Khushi's file and taking out a paper placed it in printer and extracting out the copy handed it over to Arnav. Taking which Arnav folded it and placed it in his blazer's inner pocket.

"Mairi toh parwah tumhe hai nahi na hi apna hai. Hamare bachche ka hi khayal kar lo. Mairi galtiyon ki saza khud ko aur hamare bachche ko mat do, Khushi. (You don't care neither about me nor yourself. At least take care of our baby. Don't punish yourself or the little one for my mistakes, Khushi)" He pleaded when they settled back in the car after he had a detailed discussion with Dr. Nidhi about Khushi's reports.

Khushi stayed silent and kept looking outside the window just waiting for him to start the car and head back home. She was feeling drained and wanted to rest a bit. Her shoulders weighed tons as if some burden was there on it or maybe the whole earth has crashed upon them.

Arnav sighed looking back at the road for a moment before starting the car.

"You called Payal an illegitimate child. You said there are no proofs of Garima Sharma ever marrying Arvind Malik but then neither are there any proofs of you ever marrying Khushi at all. How would you prove that your child is legit?"

"Your child will come into this world where people will call him or her names like you called Payal. Even if you screamed to the world that you're once married to Khushi ji no one would believe like you never believed Garima aunty because no one but us were present there. There wasn't any other witnesses. And who would believe us all anyway? No one because they would think we are trying to make up stories to save the child's reputation. Now, you have made it more real by divorcing her once and for all."

"Karma is a bitch isn't it, Arnav. Your child would have the same fate like Garima Gupta's child had."

"There are too many similarities with Payal ji and your baby. Her mother couldn't prove she was married to our father neither could you prove you were married to Khushi. Can you?"

"The divorce which you got by buying the judge. You never made any media statement about Khushi being your wife either. Do you know when a matter go into the press then they dig too deeper and it won't take long for them to find out the truth that you manipulated the law to get what you want. Also, Khushi ji conceived three months and 15 days ago. It clearly indicates she got pregnant even before your marriage. Now, if you want to say that you were married way before than that then where are the proofs? Do you have any? No. Because the first time you married her neither of us was present there. There, even we won't be able to help you. Now tell me what would you call your child-"

"You very well know Chote that media only knows this much that you never turned up for your marriage. That you abandoned your fiance. A few months later when your child would be born don't you think it would catch eyeballs and then raise disturbing questions too? Not only for you but Khushi ji as well. A few years later when your baby would be intelligent enough to understand everything how do you think those questions would affect him or her?"

He stole a peripheral glance at her and found her sitting lost in her own thoughts. He knew she must be thinking he was reverting back to his old ways to make her agree to his demands. That it was his selfishness for which he wants to marry her again and have full control of her life but that wasn't the whole truth. Yes, a part of it was but this time he was doing it more for her than himself.

His Di's words has made a great impact in his mind and he wanted a solution out of it. A solution that would secure both Khushi and their baby's reputation. For forever.

"For a record let me remind you Khushi ji isn't yours anymore. She is your ex-wife now who happens to be carrying your baby. Except for that you have no relation with her whatsoever neither would she let you have any." Anjali has reminded him not-so-subtly.

He swallowed thickly.

She may not want to do anything with him even after marriage but he would have a consolation that she at least has his name attached to hers. That would suffice for now. Would soothe his aching heart.

When he said he would try to move on from the past he meant it. All that he did in the office. The accusations, the outburst was only to make her emotional to agree and he succeeded in it somehow. But along the way, he has blurted out his real feelings which has made him damn emotional as well. But she need not know any of it.

This time when he has brought up Garima, the past and revenge not for his Maa but for his wife and the baby. He was learning to live with the present. He was trying and this was the proof of it. Yeah, strange but that's how he was.

He wouldn't have gone to find Guptas even if she hadn't agreed. In other case he would have simply pleaded to her to marry him but he didn't have to do the latter at all as his former stretegy worked wonders. He has to has proofs of their marriage and now he would.

No one would question the legality of his child nor would anyone question Khushi. Period.

Finally he would be able to mend at least one of his mistakes. He shook his head. Mistake was such an understatement for what he has done to Khushi. Sins would be appropriate.

It was another thing she won't forgive him for forcing her yet again. He felt his eyes prick. Fine by him. It would only add up to the pile of the sins he committed towards her which would create more distance between them. He could deal with it as long as no one point at Khushi's character.

"I'd arrange a small ceremony at RM where we will complete the wedding rituals tomorrow evening." He started stopping the car at the side of the road. Stiffening of her shoulders told him that she heard him.

"The day after tomorrow a press release would be given with our whole history."

Khushi's head whirled to him in shock.

"Whole history?" She stuttered.

"Yeah. "

"That we got married thrice in just one year."

"And what explanations would you give them why we had to marry so many a times?"

"That you leave on me. I know how to give a statement which no one from the media would be able to contradict or prove wrong."

"Yeah." She scoffed. "After all you're a shrewd businessman. You know all the tactics to charm people with your persona."

"However I am I didn't for once think about killing my own flesh and blood which you did." He didn't know what came over him but the slipped from his mouth without his knowledge.

That made Khushi speechless and her eyes brimmed with moisture. He mentally cursed for bringing it up again. But her constant silence about the topic was making his doubts rise of whether Di was right or not. That it was just a momentary vulnerable decision made by Khushi and now, she has accepted the reality as well as the baby.

"I was s-shocked." She found her voice. "It was so unexpected that I didn't know how to react." She mumbled but he heard it all right.

"So you decided to punish an innocent for my mistakes?"

Her temper flared.

"I WAS HURT AND SCARED. OKAY?" She hollered.

"That made you so perfect and sane to make a decision?" He scoffed.

"You repeatedly said that you'd kill anyone coming in between us."

"YOU'RE INSANELY STUPID KHUSHI KUMARI GUPTA." He could only bellow.

Khushi breathed harshly straightening her head to look out in front while he too turned his head to the windshield on the road.

For several moments only their fast breathing could be heard in the car's congested atmosphere before he turned and grabbed the water bottle from the shopping bag he has bought from the pharmacy on his way out of the hospital. Opening the cap he extended it to her. She turned her head to the other side.

"I am sorry. Please drink. And calm down." He said keeping his tone soft.

"H-Humein nahi chahiye. (I don't want it)" She choked with her lips trembling.

Khushi jumped on her seat when she felt his palm resting on her midriff and him leaning to her so close that she could feel his breath fanning over her face.

"For the baby, will you?" He said huskily. She sniffled and as his cologne filled in her senses she don't know what was it that was urging her to remove the remaining distance between them and bury her head in his chest. Shocked by her urges she quickly snatched the bottle from him and drank half of the bottle at once with her hands shaking that some of the water spilt on her saree too.

Arnav saw her clumsiness with a frown on his face and taking the tissue papers from the dashboard dabbed it on her saree and was about to do the same to her neck where the water drops were shining when she stopped him. Taking the wipes she herself wiped her mouth and neck with trembling hands.

"What has gotten into you?" He asked concerned. "Why are you so flustered? And.. flushed?"

Khushi pursed her lips. How could she tell him that it were her hormones or maybe her baby wanting to be close to the father which were creating these instincts within her to feel his arms around hers and his lips on,

She shook her head.

Enough!

"I am tired." She rasped. "Please just take me home."

"Yeah. Yeah. Sure." He bought her excuse and quickly igniting the engine to get them back home as soon as possible not knowing that the woman sitting besides him was going through the heights of self-restrain.

As soon as he stopped the car in the Shantivan she pulled open the door and ran inside without looking back. He kept sitting with his hands clutching the steering wheel many minutes even after her abrupt departure.

Khushi stopped short reaching the living room where everyone was present. After days Raizadas were gathered in the hall for the evening tea and snacks. But what surprised her the most was the presence of Subhadra Devi among them.

"Arre aaiye Khushi bitiya. Dekhiye ap ki asal saas ne apko akhir qabool kar hi liya. Aiye na. (Come Khushi bitiya your real mother-in-law has finally accepted you. Come on.)" Nani spoke spotting her and gestured her to come and sit besides her. Moistening her dry lips and swallowing to dampen her parched throat she took slow steps to her. As soon as she reached her she passed a curt glance to Subhadra who was already looking at her with unfathomable look on her face. Khushi felt her heart jumping up to her throat.

She was about to bend to touch her feet when Subhadra said,

"Iski koi zaroorat nahi hai. Aisi halat mai jhuk k hamare pote ko ya khud ko pareshani mai mat daliye. Khayal rakhiye bahu. (There is no need for it. In this condition you shouldn't bend or it could hurt both you and my grandchild. Take care daugther-in-law)"

Khushi couldn't control both her shock and the tears. Blinking her eyes rapidly she felt her legs turning jelly seeing the soft expressions on Subhadra's face. She staggered back and would have fell on the centre table behind if an arm hadn't came up from behind to hold her in place. Her head pressed to a hard chest behind and she didn't had to look back who has saved her. His touch was enough to alert and sensitize her.

Not only Khushi Kumari Gupta but everyone present there knew what not she had to sacrifice to make place in Arnav Singh Raizada's life and the people related to him. There was a pin drop silence even in the presence of Devyani, Anjali, Manorama, Manohar, Akash, Payal and Subhadra who witnessed how Arnav kept holding Khushi until she didn't relax and then on Nani's gesture made her sit in between his Nani and Dadi. He himself took the seat besides Anjali who glared at him and whispered just for his ears.

"Why didn't you let her come with Aman when Khushi didn't want to travel with you?"

"Oh so you got the report from your sources." Arnav gritted eyeing Khushi who was sitting silently while Devyani and Subhadra were giving her instructions how to handle situations in this phase. Listening which she was nodding her head slowly every now and then.

"I am serious. Answer me!" Anjali elbowed him. Clenching his jaws he turned his head to his sister and narrowed his eyes.

"She wanted to talk and so did I but she was being stubborn so I had to do that."

"Yeah. You had to threaten her by firing Aman. As if you'd have done that."

"Yahi toh problem hai apki Khushi k saath. Mairi har dhamki ko pathar pe lakeer samajh leti hai k jaise mai bohat zalim hun. Kisi ki bhi zindagi barbaad karte hue jaise mujhe khushi milti hai,

(This is the problem with your Khushi that she takes my threats seriously as if I am some tyrant who enjoy ruining other's lives)" He hissed with red hue forming in his eyes.

"As if you don't. What about those employees you fired today?"

"Agar Khushi ziddi hai toh mai bhi kuch kam nahi hun. Uss ko ghar se nikalne aur akele baat karne ka aik yahi tareeka tha maire pass. Mai jaanta hun wo kisi ko bhi mushkil mai dekh nahi sakti. Chahe wo uss k apne hon ya ghair. (If Khushi is stubborn then I am no less. To bring her out of the house and talk to her alone this was the only way. I know she couldn't see anyone related to her and even a stranger in difficult situation if she could do something about it)"

Anjali's jaws hit the floor.

"That was your ploy to get her alone to talk? How were you sure she would come to you?"

He shrugged royally taking the cup of coffee from Hari Prakash who then move forward and extended the cup of the tea to Anjali before heading to the couch besides them.

"Don't serve her tea, Hari Prakash!" Arnav's order silenced the commotion in the living room again and Khushi who was about to take the cup pulled back her hand pursing her lips as everyone looked in between her and Arnav.

"She has to follow a strict diet chart." Arnav answered them before addressing HP. "Get some vegetable sandwiches and a glass of juice. Both should be fresh."

Khushi clenched her jaws in anger. HP nodded and turned to leave but Khushi said,

"There is no need Hari Prakash ji. I am not hungry."

HP looked questionably at Arnav who gestured him to do as he said. Nodding he left. Khushi who noticed it could do nothing but burn from inside as she couldn't argue more in front of Nani and now Dadi too.

His eyes met hers and he couldn't breath seeing the flames of anger radiating from her.

"Why are you not hungry bitiya? In your condition, women feel appetite equal to even ten people." Devyani spoke who was keeping silence till now while Subhadra was noticing her grandson who was pursing his lips to contain his emotions inside.

Khushi's eyes widened at Nani's words.

"Ten people?" Seriously?

At her reaction for the first time everyone present there couldn't help but smile including Arnav. But their smile was short lived as Subhadra exclaimed all of a sudden.

"Why aren't you wearing sindoor and mangalsutra, Khushi?"

Khushi's face lost all colors while others stiffened in their places.

Devyani looked at Anjali. Just this morning she was talking about this only with her.

"I know Khushi bitiya is hurt and upset with Chote but it is a bad omen not to wear these auspicious symbols while being married bitiya. I didn't say anything even when I noticed it because I know it must be difficult for her to forget everything and move on for her child but.. I am feeling restless bitiya."

Arnav brought her out of the dilemma.

"I asked her not to because both the times I made her wear them I was damn angry and this time I want to do it with sane mind. That's why in between you all I and Khushi are going to renew our vows tomorrow evening. I hope you all would cooperate. This is both mine and Khushi's decision now that we have decided to move on from the past." He explained and except Devyani and Khushi everyone were shocked at his announcement.

Devyani was pleasantly surprised while Khushi's anxiety left her and she felt empty all over again. Nothing thrilled or excited her anymore.

Anjali was looking at her brother with various questions while Akash and Payal were on the verge of bursting in anger. Manorama and Manohar had similar expressions of worry on their faces.

Marriage?

Again?

What was Arnav up to now?

Only Devyani was content with the news otherwise everyone else had one or the other inhibitions in their mind.

Khushi couldn't stop the tears from flowing when Nani ji hugged her close to her chest and kissed her forehead.

"Chote, mairi Khushi k liye koi halka sa joda hi banwana. Aisi halat mai bhaari kaam wale jode nahi pehnane chahiye. (Chote, buy some light dress for my Khushi for the occassion because in this condition heavy dresses aren't good for her)"

"Aap uski fikar na karein Nani. Sab kuch pehle se hi tayar hai. (Don't worry about that. Everything is already prepared)" He said keeping his gaze fixed on the figure with her head buried in Devyani's chest silently shedding tears.

In midst everyone failed to notice how Subhadra's expressions changed from soft to hard to hate when she glanced at Khushi when no one was looking.

Manorama, Anjali, Payal, Akash and Manohar gathered around Arnav when Anjali dragged him to the study in the pretext of some work. Seeing them all there he felt scared inside noticing their eyes full of questions but he wasn't ASR for nothing. He knew how to keep a poker and blank face.

"What?"

"What is this new drama about renewing your vows with my sister, Mr. Raizada?" Payal couldn't take it anymore and burst out grabbing his collars.

"It's not a drama. At least not this time." He pried her hands from his collars.

"What did you do or said to my sister that she isn't opening her mouth in front of any of us? When we asked her is she really okay with it? She says yes. When we ask her did you force her? She says no. What did you do to her this time that the woman who didn't want to do anything with you after you mercilessly crushed her that now she is ready to give you back the rights which would throw her in the same hell all over again?" Payal contain contain her sobs at the end.

"I just said that if she didn't marry me I'd resume my search for Guptas!" He said truthfully and dropped the bomb on everyone there.

"You won't change ever! My sister was right!" Payal slapped him left, right and went out of control hitting him square on his face that if Akash hasn't stepped in between she would have continued to punish the man who was the worst nightmare of her Khushi's life.

"Ghin ati hai mujhe ye sochte hue bhi k tum maire Bhai ho! (I feel repulsed with even the thought that you are my brother!)" Payal bellowed and even though this time Payal didn't slap him but he felt like she did. And it punched him in the gut. He turned his back to them. Anjali couldn't move from her place neither could Mama or Mami while Akash was now hugging Payal and calming her down rubbing her back.

"Shh. Shh. Relax." Only Akash voice would appear every now and then while the other four people in the room were rooted to their spots even after many minutes.

"I'd see how would he marry my sister again. It would happen over my dead body!" Payal said determined pulling back from Akash after composing herself and headed to the door when some words wrapped around her feet and kept her glued to the spot, right there close to the door. They were none other than from Arnav who has gathered himself and was now back to being cold-blooded beast he was famous of.

"So that means you're ready to hear a characterless tag attached to your sister once she would give birth to your niece/nephew?"

"Chote!" Anjali reprimanded him while Payal whirled around to face him with her eyes spitting fire at him.

"HOW DARE YOU-"

Arnav interjected.

"You're right. Your sister isn't happy and nor am I with the way things are proceeding. I made this decision for Khushi and my child. And I knew it she wouldn't agree if I didn't threaten her with her mother. I know you don't but just trust me this time my intentions weren't to hurt your sister but just to shut people's mouth. Now if you have the courage to hear and see dirty gossips and scandals about your sister with me on the newspapers or tv then just say the word. I'd myself cancel the wedding."

Seeing Payal closing her eyes in pain and later reluctant approval in her eyes in the form of tears Arnav came to stand before her.

"For me, you're just Akash's wife. Only that relation I have accepted with all my heart. Apart from that I don't think I have it in me to consider you my," He trailed off before releasing a sigh.

"I have misbehaved and said so much in anger which I shouldn't have. Whatever your mother did neither you nor Khushi has done any part in it. That's why, I am sorry. I hope if not today one day you'd find it in you to forgive me." He paused.

"As far as Khushi's marriage with me is concerned I have promised her that apart from the matter related to our baby, I'd not bother her at all."

Saying this he didn't stay more and left leaving behind five people standing stock still on their places.

Next day, everything happened in a blur at least for Khushi. She didn't know when she got ready, who helped her, who continued giving her soothing consolations throughout, who hugged her, who gave her blessings, who kept staring at her. All she knew at the end was she again got the name back which has started to mean so much to her.

Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada!

As soon as the realization hit her she has cried out loud with hiccups in front of the everyone burying her face in between her hands bringing tears to everyone's eyes present there standing around the altar except for Subhadra who was considering it a facade and the priest who was now looking at the woman who has started crying as soon as he asked her to take elder's blessing with her husband.

Feeling knives twisting in his gut Arnav got up and took off the veil draped around his shoulder knotted with hers and placing it on her lap got down the altar before disappearing upstairs with his head lowered in shame. He didn't had it in him to keep hearing her gut wrenching cries. He has a heart much weaker than hers.

"Anjali bitiya inhe chup karwaiye. Hamara toh dil kat raha hai in k rone se. (Please make her stop crying. My heart is cutting into pieces.)" Devyani who has hugged Khushi as soon as Arnav left, choked addressing Anjali while Khushi's cries only increased feeling Nani's warm embrace which felt like her Amma's.

"Humein Amma se baat karni hai. (I need to talk to my mother)" Khushi cried out stubbornly after pulling back from Nani looking straight at Anjali who averted her eyes.

"Di, I know you are in touch with her. Please. Please. Let me talk to her. Please." Khushi folded her hands before her while Anjali has gone rigid as her gaze fell on Arnav standing on the top of the stairs with his jaws set tight. Looking at his demeanor it seemed he has heard Khushi's demand.

Then Anjali's heart dropped to her stomach when she saw him descending the stairs with icy expressions on his face until he was standing right in front of her and Khushi. Seeing him not only Anjali everyone else's breaths got stuck in their throats including Khushi's. She dropped her hands to her sides and looked at him terrified as he stared at her with his bloodshot eyes.

While Devyani couldn't understand anything. Why was everyone so shocked and scared at Khushi's demand? Didn't Khushi's reconcile with her mother already? Didn't Arnav already gave permission to Khushi to meet her family? Then why Khushi was asking Anjali's permission to talk to her mother?

"Khushi bitiya, if you want to talk to your mother then no one is stopping you. Just talk to her or if you want go and meet her and stay,"

"NO!" Arnav's bellow rang in the hall silencing everything there.

"If Khushi wants to talk to her mother she can." Khushi's head shot to him in shock. "But she can't go meet her because Guptas aren't in Delhi but in Lucknow and I can't allow Khushi to travel in between in this condition. " Arnav said and not only Khushi's but also Anjali's breath whooshed out in terror.

He knows?

How?

"Lucknow?" Devyani asked. "Why all of a sudden?" Devyani shook her head. "Anyways, Chote Khushi is not that heavily pregnant that she can't travel. She can. And it's not that she would be going alone. You can accompany her."

Khushi's breaths were coming out in spurts in anxiety. Passing her a glass full of water Arnav straightened up.

"Right now, I am too busy to travel to Lucknow or any place so she can just console herself by talking to her mother on the phone. Is that okay with you. For now?" Arnav asked at the end looking straight into Khushi's eyes whose lips were trembling and eyes were already red due to heavy crying.

She nodded fidgeting with her lehenga not knowing whether he was just pretending before Nani or actually meant it?

"See. Your daughter-in-law doesn't have a problem Nani. She understands my problems." He turned to Devyani while Khushi's heart dropped to her stomach as she understood what he meant by stressing on the word 'problems'.

"But Chote the way she was cryin-"

"Nani, it's normal in pregnancy. She would feel emotional more than she would've if she weren't growing my baby in her." He deliberately stretched the meaning causing Nani to smile affectionately. He sighed inwardly for getting to his grandmother.

"That means all the blame goes on you. Your little one is being hard on her just like you had been in the past." Devyani said half smiling half serious.

Arnav swallowed eyeing Khushi from the corner of his eyes who was locking and unlocking her fingers in a trance.

"Now if you'd excuse us it's time for her food and medicines. In midst she can talk to her mother." Arnav announced and without looking at anyone else walked to Khushi, bent a bit and carried her up in his arms before ascending stairs. Stopping in the middle of which he ordered HP to bring their dinner upstairs in his room.

Subhadra scurried out of the scene silently with a thoughtful look on her face.

Praying for their well-being Devyani left for her room as well comparatively relieved seeing both Arnav and Khushi handling this phase of their life maturely, not noticing the change of expressions on Payal's face as well as the horror on Anjali's face.

Payal was about to follow him angrily when Akash held her back by holding her wrist. She looked at him spitting fire.

"Its really a big progress he is letting her talk to Garima Auntie. We shouldn't rub it in or else his dimmed emotions of revenge could lit up which could affect both Khushi and your niece/nephew. And Di," Akash then turned to his cousin sister. Anjali gulped once before looking at him.

"When and how we don't know but he knows about Guptas whereabouts still he didn't react violently. It's a good sign isn't it? So please calm down. We are here if god forbid something goes wrong. Take a deep breath and here drink water." He passed her the glass. Drinking a sip she placed it on the nearby table with shaky hands.

"And for your assurity didn't Bhai say he won't bother Khushi until or unless the matter is of the baby?" Akash said and both Anjali and Payal looked at him incredulously.

"Is this how he is letting her be? Abhi Chote kis tarah haq se apni bahoon mai utha k Khushi ji ko le kar gaya hain dekha nahi tumne? (Didn't you see with so much right and confidence he took Khushi ji with him carrying her in his arms?)" Anjali voiced out which even Payal was thinking.

"Bhai kitna bhi haq jita lein Di. Aap jaanti hain Khushi ji kabhi bhi dobara Bhai ko wo jagah nahi dein gi jo unhone pehle kabhi di thi. (No matter how much he tries to show his right you know that Khushi would never give him back the place which he once used to have!)" Akash said sadly to which both of the ladies agreed.

"Should we go check on her?" It was Manorama who was listening to them standing a feet away from them with her husband.

"If Bhai is going to let Khushi talk to her mother then no. I don't think so."

Despite wanting to, nobody argued on that but still none of them could ward off the restlessness and worry nagging their mind of what must be going on in Arnav's room upstairs?    

_________________________

The last Chapter's Precap is coming up in the next update and also, Chapter 15 will have another Part C as well as this was getting too long and I wanted to post something today at least. I hope you liked it :)

__________________________

TEASER:

    "I lied to you that day." He whispered as her eyes shot up to his as she smiled wryly as if to mock him.    

.

.

.

.

    "Have you ever heard of something called self respect and ego? If not then let me tell you they are two siblings who live in our mind and our heart to tell us what's right or wrong for us. They tell us when should we speak or not and just give up when they both r crushed."

.

.

.

.

"I understand he is trying bahu but not let your guards down just like that or else you'd regret it. After all Arnav has Arvind Malik's blood running in his veins. Bewafai virasit mai mili hai usse (Infidelity is in his blood)" Subhadra said and saw with victorious smirk on her face as Khushi's face lost all colors and became dead pale.

"Don't get me wrong. I just don't want you to get hurt all over again. Because this time if you fell you won't be able to get up."

_____________________

Please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT as only your support could compel me to write now-a-days otherwise I hardly get time to rest even being in final year of MBBS.

Waiting eagerly for your feedback :)

Cheers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.1K 2.7K 5
Khushi loved him with all her heart but her love was mistaken, misjudged by him. Shattered and heart broken she left everything behind. Arnav is left...
590K 34.2K 81
Winner of Critic Choice Award 2019 #Standalone Six years ago... an arrogant, spoiled boy meets with a bubbly girl who was an orphan. Opposites in e...
264K 13.5K 61
Hate and Love are two such powerful emotions, but can they ever coexist? Since childhood, Khushi has loved Arnav and has always dreamt of getting mar...
194K 8.5K 23
A series of 21 one-shots (or moments), which span just under four months and show how Arnav and Khushi came to be in a secret relationship. This...