A Woman Of Ice

By satansapostle6

If you liked this story, feel free to check out my other rewritten Draco stories, they are all much better. More

The Soundtrack
LIV- At Home
LV- The Curse Of Killer Frost
LVI- Great Minds....
LVII- Persuasive Tactics
LVIII- Conquer
LIX- Fortify
!!!!!
LX- This Is War
LXII- Winter Is Coming
LXI- Alone Together: Pt. 1
LXII- Alone Together: Pt 2
LXIII- Never Enough
LXVIII- Sacrifice!
LXIV- Hidden
LXVI- Happy As The Kennedys
LXIX- Counter Strike
LXX- Only You
LXXI- Reality Check
LXXII- When The Ice Begins To Crack...
LXXIII- Confident and Ready
LXXIV- Just An Intern
LXXV- Corporate Spy
LXXV- Dear Mr. Greyhill
LXXVII- A Blast From The Past
LXXVIII- That Night
LXXIX- The Sub, The Superstar
LXXX- The New Development
LXXXI- Black Magic and Miracles
LXXXII- The Real Father
LXXXIII- When The Fat Lady Screams
LXXXIV- Put Your Head On My Shoulder
LXXXV- Foul(Play)
LXXXVI- The Shrieking Shack
LXXXVII- The Godfather
LXXXVIII- The Wolf's Bane
LXXXIX- Feeling Epic, Then Feeling Whitney
XC- Psycho Without You
XCI- Delicious
XCII- Thought I Was Dead
XCIII- An Unsettling Scar
XCIV- Going Nowhere
XCV- The Cause
XCVI- A Cry For Help
XCVII- A Girl's Best Friend
XCIX- Let The Games Begin
C- Eternal Glory
CI- The Five Champions
CII- Slanderous Gossip
CIII- The Fist Fight
CIV- The Yule Ball Date
CV- Someone Who Could
CVI- Reckless And Alone
CVII- Best They Not Know
CVIII- Tremors
Anyone reading this series please read this.

XCVIII- Clear

23 2 1
By satansapostle6

"I can't believe you already have to leave," Draco Malfoy complained. "I don't understand!"
Diana sighed. "I know, but.... the camp called in a favor. And in case you haven't forgotten, I'm not exactly one to turn them down at the moment."
"Oh. Right," Draco nodded. "Because you and your ex boyfriend slaughtered half of them and burned their entire camp to the ground while you looted them."
"See?" Diana smiled, voice almost dripping with sarcasm. "You do understand!"
Draco rolled his eyes in exasperation.
"Draco, come on. I'll see you once you're back in school, and maybe even before. This won't take too long, it's just a bunch of annoying ass rogue satyrs, and demigods, and monsters, and sh*t they don't have time to deal with," she promised.
  "Fine, fine," Draco agreed. "I'll see you then."
  "Okay, then. See you around, Malfoy."

Draco waved goodbye as Diana Apparated out of the house and back to her suite, leaving her suitcase there. She quickly changed into a more appropriate outfit for fighting, packing a light bag and Apparating near the camp.

****

Diana took a brief detour on her way there, stopping for a drink, which she often did before stressful yet mundane tasks such as this. She sat down for almost an hour before deciding to head to Camp Half-Blood. Diana sighed, irritated at the gate by the camp. She took a quick deep breath, walking through it with ease. Just as she stepped through the barrier, she was met by ten armed soldiers. Diana's initial reaction, to everyone's dismay and embarrassment, was hysterical and uncontrollable laughter.

"Diana Black," a familiar voice greeted coldly.
"Ah, Will Solace," she chuckled. "Lovely to make your acquaintance again."
"Hey. Enough. It's bad enough that you killed half of our friends and family. You agreed to help us, so why don't you actually do that?" another voice suggested.

Diana turned in surprise as she continued laughing.

"Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon. I knew you had it in you to stand up to me. I just never thought that it would take me murdering your friends first," she sneered.
Percy scoffed. "You're a terrible person, you know that? Probably one of the worst I've ever met. Murder isn't funny, unless it's part of a really, really cool joke."
"Focus, Percy," Annabeth Chase reminded him.
"What? You think it's the whole heartless slaughter thing I find funny?" Diana shook her head.

"No. It's the fact that you called me here to ask me for a favor, a powerful daughter of Ares, inhabited by an ancient ice witch, who has already destroyed half of your people, and decided to insult me upon my arrival," she thought.

"That I find both ballsy and completely idiotic. Also, it's pretty funny that you thought that ten of your soldiers would hold me, even when, well.... all of them didn't work last time."

"Okay, quit screwing around, we all need to meet with Chiron. We're leaving for the search in less than two hours. Now, are you sober?" Annabeth asked expectantly.
Diana smirked. "By my standards, yes."
"Let's just go," Percy sighed irritably.

And so they did. Diana walked in last, shaking Chiron's hand.
"Hey, uh, sorry for destroying your camp, man," Diana apologized insincerely.
"That is not important now. What is important is that these rogue demigods and satyrs have formed a union; now that can't be good. We highly suspect something larger is at play," the centaur began.
"So where do I come in? I know you wouldn't call in a designated bad guy unless some sort of dirty work needed to be done. So what is it? Torture? Assassination? Good cop bad cop routine?" Diana asked expectantly.

He sighed. "Just some kidnapping, and then maybe some torture. Good cop bad cop actually doesn't sound like a terrible idea now that I think of it."
"Yeah, sounds good, blah, blah, blah," Diana nodded, now tuning everything else out.

****

Her mind went completely blank for the next fifteen minutes or so, not caring about anything. She got into the car with a demigod named Ben Forest, Percy Jackson, and Annabeth Chase, heading towards the location of the target. Ben drove as Diana sat up front, drinking from a flask.
"Black. We need you sober for this," Annabeth reminded her.
"Mmh," Diana shook her head discouragingly. "No you don't. I perform better with a little.... kickstart from the gods," she tried.
"Oh, my God," Annabeth sighed.
"Relax, it's not too strong. Come on, Chase. You really gonna spoil all of my fun?" Diana Black sighed with a tilt of her head.

"Hmm," Percy thought. "Can I get some of that?"
"Percy!"
Diana scoffed derisively. "I don't think you could handle any of this, Jackson. I'm practically a minor god, and I can only have half a flask in one day without exploding."
"Oh, that's not so bad," Percy Jackson pointed out.
"Yeah, well.... I've been drinking this for over a month," Diana replied.
  "Come on. Just a.... tongue dip?" he asked.
  Diana chuckled to herself at the double meaning. "Okay. Here."

She handed over the metal flask with a smirk. Percy Jackson looked at her with unease, taking it anyways.
  "Oh! F**k! Ew!" He coughed after having a sip. "Ugh!"

Diana and Ben both laughed as Annabeth only frowned in dismay.
  "Here, take this, I don't want it," Percy groaned as he returned it.
  "I'll believe it," Diana nodded, taking another sip. "I can actually feel that stuff, like it's stretching my brain!"
  "It's actually expanding your thoughts
and physical capabilities."
  "Huh. Wait. Why do you keep a full flask?!" Percy cried
  Diana shrugged. "Sometimes I share with someone. And sometimes I like to test my limits."
  "Who the f**k do you share that with?" Percy asked.
  Diana smiled fondly. "We all have our secrets."
  "Hold on, go back to the minor god thing, what's up with that?" he asked.
  "Long story. Short version, I had an interesting encounter with a god. I think you can see who came out on top," Diana smirked.
  "On top. In every sense of the phrase," Kratos said from beside Diana.

She looked over by the driver's seat, stunned.
  "Sorry to startle you. You're doing great, love. Carry on," the man smiled, planting a kiss on Diana's lips.

She nearly shivered at the coldness of his projection, shaking herself back to reality.
  "We're here," Ben announced.
  "Great. So the target; single guy in his late teens, working for Kronos, right? Kind of irrelevant?" Diana clarified with a slight slur.
  "Pretty much," Percy nodded in agreement.
  "Cool. Here's the play; Ben is going to play my b**ch ass boyfriend who does whatever I want. We'll go in first. Percy and Annabeth, you guys are just a random couple; you're backup. Shouldn't be too difficult," Diana chuckled to herself.
  "Let's go," Ben nodded.
  "Head out once we're inside," Diana agreed as they both exited in their party clothes.
  "How'd you even know about this party anyways?" Annabeth Chase asked.
  "I've got my ways. That's all you need to know," Diana answered cryptically.

She hopped out of the car, linking arms with Ben, as they walked up the street to the building.
  "Who are you, Diana Black? I'm not stupid. I know you had to have done some serious undercover work to get this intel," he reasoned.
  "That's for me to know, and for you to be tantalized by, son of Apollo," Diana responded coolly.

Ben Forest said nothing, as they approached the guard at the door, handing over their invitations. They smiled, walking in together silently. Diana leaned in closely, only facing forward and smiling.
  "Don't look behind us, but that guard, that's Harvey Willis, a son of Aphrodite, but he's a badass. He's thirty-six; they're recruiting the OG's," Diana explained.
  "Damn it," Ben muttered.
  "Oh. Valkyrie!" someone called.

Diana smiled as Ben only looked confused.
  "Oh, hi. Harrison Stokes," she nodded. "It's good to see you again.
  "Likewise. I'll see you at the auction then, Valkyrie," the man smiled, walking away.
  "Who's that?"
  "Property investor; had a child with Nemesis who's a supporter. Kronos's followers figured out how to use him for vacant, low-key listings," Diana explained.
  Ben sighed. "Again, with all the intel. Valkyrie?"
  "An alias," Diana replied. "There's our target; Chris Dean, the one with the beer."
  Ben nodded. "Go time."

They walked over discreetly, both sitting down at the couches by the bar beside him.
  "Hi. You're Chris, right?" Diana smiled, sitting beside him as Ben sat behind her.
  "Yeah," he smiled nervously. "How do you know me? No one does."
  "Oh, well.... I've heard a lot about the things you've been willing to do for the cause. Isn't that right, sweetheart?" she asked Ben.
  He nodded.
  "Why don't you grab us some more drinks, hmm? What would you like, Chris?" Diana asked.
  "Oh, it's fine, thank you," he responded.
  "Oh, I insist," Diana persisted with a smile.
  "Okay. Thank you. I'll just have a beer, anything that's on tap," he nodded.
  Diana smiled. "I'll have a vodka soda, thanks, Ben."
  "Of course," Ben nodded, walking off.
  "Look, Chris.... I understand that you probably don't know who I am. First thing about me is.... I'm an opportunist," Diana explained.
  "Oh my God. You're.... The Blonde?" he whispered.
  "Well. The shoe fits, doesn't it?" Diana smiled.
  "I'm honored. You're everywhere in the shadows, they talk about you, you know. Sure, among other things, but.... most of it's just noise, and chatter. But you.... you're the real deal," Chris Dean decided.
  "I'm glad you think so; I think the same of you. Now.... why don't we get out of here, and discuss a partnership, hmm? I think we would work well together," Diana smiled.
  Chris stared in disbelief and flattery. "But what about.... Ben?"
  Diana shrugged. "He can manage on his own. Besides, it's not every day a girl gets to meet someone like you. I'll be right back. I've got to call a car. You in, or out?"
  Chris nodded. "In."

Diana walked around the corner, as he watched her leave.
  "I got him," Diana whispered to Ben.
  "Good. Seemed almost too easy," he nodded. "All it took was batting your eyelashes and putting a little twist in your hips."
  "Well, that might be because it was. Don't underestimate him; sometimes the underdog comes out on top," Diana warned. "The auction's about to start; that'll distract everyone. I'll distract Chris while you knock him out."
  He nodded.

Diana walked back out, as Ben Forest watched. She sat back down, calmly placing a hand on Chris Dean's knee.
  "The car's here; you ready?" she asked.
  He nodded. "Of course."

Just as he stood, Ben stabbed him in the neck with a tranquilizer dart as Diana looked at him in surprise.

  "So hostile," she noted, shaking her head, and clicking her tongue. "Tsk, tsk, tsk."

****

  "Where am I?" Chris murmured as he slowly woke, tied to a chair in an empty cabin on camp grounds.

Diana Black slid down from her ice slide that she'd creating, clothes changed, smiling coolly as Ben and Annabeth both waited quietly in the corner.

  "Somewhere remote. I wouldn't bother yelling for help."
  "What do you want? Why am I here?" he asked, struggling in the chair.
  "Easy, Chris. I just need some basic information. Shouldn't be a problem," she promised.
  "Why would you have to do all this? Aren't you The Blonde? You know everything," he reasoned.
  "Yeah, well, there's some information that's a bit more difficult to find, and you happen to be important enough to have it. Just tell me what I want to know, and you can be on your way," she answered.
  "What do you want to know?" he asked cautiously.
  "I want to know where The Odyssey's docked, and when it's set for departure," Diana explained.
  "And if I don't tell you?" Chris asked expectantly.
  "Well.... You said it yourself. I'm The Blonde. Let's just say I'm going to catch my flies here today, either way. Whether I do so with honey, or vinegar, is up to you," Diana threatened.

  "Come on, Chris. Don't make this harder than it has to be. You can make this all stop; just tell us what we need to know," Annabeth pleaded. "We're only helping the cause."
  "I can't tell you that," Chris tried to remain firm.
  "Well, I suppose that leaves me no choice," Diana decided.

Without warning, she reached her hand into his chest, pulling out his beating heart. Everyone was shocked, including Annabeth and Ben. They all expected him to drop dead, but he didn't. He glowed with Diana's godly magic.
  "You can have this back, but only if you cooperate. The spell gives you another, I don't know, maybe.... four minutes."
  "Valkyrie...."
  "Quiet," Diana murmured, looking over at Chris. "What'll it be? Hmm?"
  "Okay, okay, fine!" he gasped. "The Woodward Marina rocks, in San Francisco!"
  Diana chuckled. "You've been a big help, Chris. Let's go."
  "Diana," Annabeth protested once they were out the door.
  "What?" Diana asked irritably.
  "If you're going to work for us, you play by our rules. What you did in there was against half of what we stand for," the daughter of Athena explained.
  "Wait a minute," Diana argued, looking around.

I do not work for anyone. Do you understand that? I am not here because someone told me to be. I am not here because I feel guilty about what I did. I am here because I want to be, and because our interests currently align at the moment. Okay?"

Neither Annabeth nor Ben said a word.
  "I've said this already, and I'll say it again just once. I don't like to repeat myself. You called me over here, and asked for my help, and I decided to help you. We are on my terms here. Am I being clear?" Diana asked.
  Annabeth nodded coldly. "Oh, yes. A lot has been made clear here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 57 19
Shoutout to BernzDemigodOfAthena Percy Jackson and his demigod friends must fight off Gaea. Thank you so much @MissSpel for voting my story!!! Your m...
19.2K 114 32
"𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬. 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐡𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲..."
64.8K 1K 66
If you liked this story, feel free to check out my other rewritten Draco stories.
12K 149 21
My requests are open! I will do anything! This story will contain: Fluff and angst. Please do not hesitate to give me requests! I hope you enjoy!