Apologies (Alec Lightwood Lov...

Oleh strange_16

Nalani Fray is Clary Fray's twin sister. On their 18th birthday their entire lives flip upside down. But Nala... Lebih Banyak

characters
birthday surprise
Jacket
Me and Alec
Messing up
Finding Simon pt.1
authors note
Finding Simon pt.2

Pandemonium

4.3K 76 17
Oleh strange_16

Nalani's POV

I pulled up to Pandemonium and see Clary, Simon, and Maureen in front of Simon's van.

"Hey guys. What's that?" I asked as I walked up to them. I saw the angelic power rune on the side of the van.

"I don't know. That's the second time today." Clary told us while looking at the rune. Then Maureen spoke up, "You know there are cases of people waking up speaking French without ever learning it before."

"You think it's a language?" I asked her.
"Sanskrit. Maybe." She replied. Then I started walking towards the back of the van when a guy bumped into me and continued walking. "Hey. You don't just walk into someone and continue walking. It's rude."

The guy just stared at me. Then looked me up and down. "You can see me?" He asked confused. I looked him up and down and saw he was wearing all black. He had raven-black hair, and beautiful brown eyes.

I only realized I was staring when he smiled at me. "Yes I can see you and nice tattoos." I told him smiling back. He looked over and I saw what he was looking at. Clary was arguing with some blonde dude.

Then the guy I was talking to looked back at me, "I'm Alec but I gotta go. JACE." Then he and the blonde ran.

Clary came back over complaining but I couldn't hear a word she said because I was too busy watching the two guys run into the club. Clary came up to me with her hoodie off and pulled me towards the club. When we got into the club we started looking for them.

"They're over there, Lani. Come on." Clary pointed somewhere on the other side of the club.

I only realized that Simon and Maureen followed us into the club when Simon spoke up, "I'm gonna go fail at getting us some birthday drinks." "I'm gonna go fail with you. LANI, CLARY." Maureen yelled behind us.

Clary and I just continued walking. Then Clary hooked onto this guys arm, "Someone works out."

I hooked onto his other arm and looked up at his eyes, "Cool contacts." Then me and Clary walked into the V.I.P area and saw what was going on.

The blonde dude that Clary was talking to was up behind some girl in a pink dress. Another girl was up on a little stage and she was wearing a white crop top and a tight whit mini skirt. Then Clary yelled,"Watch out." And pushed the pink dress girl on the floor.

I was just standing back watching everything happen. The pink dress girl turned around and tentacle like things came out of her face. Then Clary was pushed back onto the floor. The blonde dude dropped his sword type thing and I ran and picked it up.

Next thing I know some guy runs into it and turns into ashes. I drop the sword and back up to the curtain. Clary picks it up as soon as I drop it and the blonde guy pushes someone onto it and he turns to ashes. He takes the sword from Clary and kills another person who turns to ashes.

Clary turned around and saw me not moving so she runs to me, grabs my arm and pulls me out of the V.I.P. I run into some guy and look back at him as I'm running. He looks familiar but I can't remember where I know him from.

Simon and Maureen are yelling our names as we run past them. But me and Clary keep running until we get outside. We run to my car and I speed home. When we get there we run up the stairs into the living room where our mom is.

((((((( At the loft)))))))

Clary starts ranting on about what happens, "And then these creepy tentacles seemed to come out of the body builder's face, and and then the guy just vaporized. I mean, I was drugged, right?"

"What did the markings look like on the blonde boy you were talking about?" Mom asked completely ignoring Clary's question.

"Who cares, Mom, okay? Are you even listening to me? I think I killed a guy." Clary asked freaked out.

"Clary did they look like this?" Mom asked as she took out a stele and ran it over her arm.

"Mom, what the " Clary mumbles.
,
I walked over to them. "Everything you saw tonight has a meaning and an explanation, and I've dreaded having this conversation with you since the day you guys were born."

"What is going on? Am I going insane?" Clary looks over at me quickly but looks back at mom. Mom grabs both me and Clary's hands, "No, you're not. But the protections are wearing off. You're 18 now, and you need to know the truth."

Clary looked freaked out, "Protections? What does that even mean? Mom, you Mom, you're scaring the hell out of me."

Mom looked over at me and and I nodded for her to continue, "I know, and that's why I've put this off until the last possible minute."

Then Dot came in, "Jocelyn, look out the window. Magnus called to warn us. They found you." My mom ran over to the window and nodded at Dot, "Dot, it's time."

"Okay, listen to me. You cannot be near me." Mom said and now I was confused because she never explained any of this to me.

"What's happening? " I asked my mom and Dot scared.

" I got a very powerful person angry." Mom said quickly.

"What did you do? " Clary asked with worried, scared, and confused in her tone.

"I hid something from him and his followers. " She said while looking for something.

"Followers? Why can't we just call the police? " I asked confused and scared while looking back between my mom, Clary and Dot.

"The policeman you need to call is Luke. Keep this with you and think of me when you wear it." Mom said while her and Dot were putting necklaces on me and Clary. They had a silver chain with a purple crystal on it.

"Mom, this is not the time for more birthday gifts. What the hell is happening?" Me and Clary both asked scared for our mom.

"Only if you need it." Dot said handing mom a bottle with a green liquid in it.

"Trust your instincts. You're more powerful than you know." Mom said hugging both of us.

"Mom, I need to understand what's..." I asked her but she cut me off.

"Dot, open it. Everything I've done, every mistake I've made was because I love you more than words." She hugged us.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Luke will explain everything. He'll hide you." She said after she hugged us.

"Hide us?" I asked confused.

"From the Circle. He's the only one you can trust. Trust no one else." Mom told us.

"Mom, I don't." Clary started.

"Where's Luke now?" Mom screamed at us.

"At the police station! " Me and Clary yelled together.

"Remember, I love you." Mom told us before she pushed us into a glowing purple door.

"Mom... Mom... Clary..." I yelled.

"Ow...." Me and Clary both said when we fell on the floor. Wait floor? "Clary? Lani? What are you guys doing here? It's 2 in the morning." Captain Vargas asked us walking up the stairs.

"Luke said he'd drive us home if he was still here." I told her.

"Still doesn't trust those cabbies huh? Well he's in an interview right now. Might take while." She told us.

"Ok then we'll just wait in the cafeteria then." Clary told her as we were walking away.

She looked at us with a sorta worried face, "Hey is there something else going on? Guy trouble?"

"Yea, uh, guy trouble. Something like that." Clary stuttered.

"This could all be over if you just turn over the Mortal Cup." This girl wearing a dress said.

"That's not gonna happen. After all these years, you're still after it?" Luke questioned.

"It's not for us. It's for him." The girl said.

"Valentine's still alive." Luke stated.

"He'll be pretty surprised to see that you are, too." The guy wearing a suit said.

"I won't let Valentine create an army." Luke told them.

"You once believed in him." The girl said.

"I believed in protecting humankind. You'll never get the Cup." Luke said with power in his voice.

"The minute we found out Jocelyn Fairchild was alive, you were easy to track. Turns out you and Jocelyn were never that far apart. The Circle has her now. It's just a matter of time until we catch the daughters. You can have them all if you give up the Mortal Cup." The guy wearing a suit said.

"I don't care about any of them. They mean nothing to me. Kill them all if you like. My people want the Cup. Why do you think I've been hanging around here all these years? Now, when I find the Cup I'm gonna keep it." Luke said with no emotion. That made Clary start to cry and a few tears fall from my eyes.

"And you can tell Valentine and the Circle that." Luke told them.

"No one mentioned Valentine." The girl said.

"You didn't have to." Luke said.

"Listen to me." The dude said.

"No, you listen to me. Get out of my office." Luke pointed and told them. After he said that me and Clary got up off of the stairs and ran out of the building.

$$$$At the loft$$$$

Me and Clary ran up to the antique store and saw a puddle of blood outside of the shop.

"MOM. MOM." I yelled as me and Clary ran into the shop. Clary picked up an axe and walked up the stairs in front of me because she had the weapon. When we got up to the loft we start looking around for our mom but instead see Dot.

"Dot?" I asked worried because my mom is nowhere in sight.

"They took Jocelyn." She said while walking towards us. Clary dropped the axe when she said that.

"Who took her?" I asked worried.

"Rogue Shadowhunters looking for the mortal cup." She said. Even though my mom explained some of the shadow world to me I was still a little confused.

"What in the hell are you talking about?" Clary asked her.

"Think Lani, Clary. Did your mom ever mention a cup? It's gold, almost like a chalice." Dot said before stopping about 8 feet in front of us.

"No! No, we don't know anything about a cup, Dot. One of the antiquities downstairs?" Clary said because I was too worried to actually speak out loud.

"No, no, not those. Think, Clary, Lani. This could save Jocelyn." Dot replied.

"We can't think! Someone kidnapped our mother!" Clary replied while I was silently freaking out.

"You know more than you think you do, Clary and Nalani Fray." Dot said before running towards us. I moved back away from them while Clary dodged Dot and stabbed her with the stele. I moved closer to Clary right in time to see Dot turn into a monster.

She ran towards us and stabbed me in my side I fell back onto the couch. I watched as the monster thing stabbed Clary on the shoulder and back her against a pole. Next thing I see right before I pass out was a blonde dude stabbed the creature and it turned into ashes.

"What no 'thank you' for saving your life?" He said right before I passed out. I felt someone pick me up but I couldn't open my eyes so I don't know who it is.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

279K 6.8K 15
Olivia Fray is Clary Fray's adopted sister, always hidden in the shadows and overpowered by her sister. On Clary's 18th birthday, she bumps into a...
527K 12.8K 32
Echo Fairchild, older sister to Clary Fray, knows about the Shadow World. The day that Clary turns 18, is a day that she would never forget. Secrets...
35.6K 1K 22
What will happen when Clary Fray enters the life of Elizabeth Lightwood, younger twin of Isabelle Lightwood? Will love blossom among the teenage Shad...
94.8K 2.5K 34
Elizabeth Fray is the fraternal twin sister to clary fray. Even though they were twins they were nothing alike were clary was an artist and outgoing...