birthday surprise

Nalani's Pov

Right now I'm waiting at the cafe with my sister's best friend Simon. We are waiting for my twin sister. "Are you coming with Clary to my gig tonight?" Simon asked me. I just shook my head, "I'm gonna spend sometime with my mom but I'm coming to Pandemonium with you guys."

My phone went off; Clary: I got in but don't tell Simon. I'm gonna sad-face him.

I just smiled at her message. I was thinking when Simon's voice brought me back, "Ok so Clary is gonna text you when the show is over so you can head over. But there she is so we'll talk about this later." I nodded and turned to look at my sister. I just smiled at her. And she nodded. "Send me the name of the professors names and I will end them....... You know with a scathing email to the Dean." I just smiled and Clary looked up, "Don't bother."

She put the letter on the table. It had 'Congratulations' written on it. I hugged her and Simon smiled at her. "Sad face. Well played. Well played." They fist bumped and we all laughed. Then me and Clary looked at each other, "So what's going on with you and Maureen?" He just looked at us weird, "There's nothing going on. We just sing together."

I just laughed, "You seriously don't know that she's been crushing on you this entire time?" He just shook his head. Clary then smiled, "How does someone as smart and perceptive as you not know that there person right there is in love with you?" He looked at me then over to her, "I promise you that I'm not the only smart and perceptive person to make that mistake."

"That's very true." I muttered. Clary looked at me and I just took a bite of my cookie. I sat it down and looked at Clary. She was looking at the table. There was a drawing of a biscotti that I swore wasn't there 2 minutes ago. Then I looked at my cookie and it was now a drawing on the table to. "That's a latte and frappe." Simon's voice broke us out of our thoughts. "Yea, but I could've swore I had a biscotti and Lani had a cookie." He just looked at us like we aliens. "How about I replace your imaginary  snacks with real ones? Ill be right back." He walked off and me and Clary just started talking.

~~~~~At the loft~~~~~

Me and Clary walked into the shop and saw Dot. "How's predicting the future going, Dot." She just shook her head, "Good but not as good as your future, the cards tell me that Clary got into the advanced program." I just looked at her, "And by tarot cards you mean Simon's Twitter account." She moved from behind the counter, "Ok. Turns out predicting the future is hard. But I do see a present in your future." I smiled at her when she pulled two bags from behind the counter.

Clary got a see through black striped shirt and I got a pair of black heeled combat boots and a purple crystal necklace. "Thank you so much Dot. We love them." She hugged us, "I love you guys so much." We looked at her and I smiled, "We love you too Dot. Are you ok?" She just nodded and smiled, "Yea, You guys should go see your mom and Clary keep that shirt on the DL because you're mom's my boss and I don't wanna get fired."

"Yea but that's how we know it's cool." We all laughed and Dot nodded, "Its easy. I just buy what I wanna wear." She laughed and pointed upstairs, "Now go see your mom." We headed upstairs and saw our mom in the living room of our loft. "You got in." She smiled and hugged Clary.

"You follow Simon to then." I told her while laughing. She rolled her eyes and nodded, "He only has 92 followers he needs the retweets." Me and Clary just laughed at her response. "Well, thank you, #stalkermom." Clary told her. I looked over at the table, "Hey, what are those cases?" Clary looked over where I was looking and shrugged.

" These are for you guys. Happy birthday." Clary and I opened them and it was a silver pen looking thing but it kinda had a twist in it. "Its called a stele. It's a family heirloom." I just chuckled, "We Fray's have heirlooms?..... I drew something kinda like this earlier this morning." My mom just looked at me then Clary's phone went off, "I have to go get ready Simon's on his way." Then she walked away and my mom looked at me, "We need to have a talk when you sister leaves."

::::::After Clary leaves::::::

I sat on the counter while my mom was cooking and explaining something to me. "So there are some things I haven't told you guys about and the protections are starting to wear off now that you guys are 18. After I'm done explaining everything I'm going to give you an address and I need you go there. Tell them who you are. Pack some of your stuff to take. Ok?" I just nodded at her.

Then she started explaining what a stele is and why she gave them to us. Then she pointed towards the hallway where my bedroom is and I followed her. We walked into my room and she started packing my clothes while explaining what a shadowhunter is.

"Why do I need to know all of this and why are you packing my clothes?" I asked her. She pulled out a stele and ran it over her arm, "Because you're 18 and you are about to be brought into a world that you know nothing about. As for the clothes I figured you'd want to take them with you." I nodded and let her continue explaining.

When she was done I got a text from Clary telling me to meet them at Pandemonium. "I have to get ready I'm about to meet up with Clary. When I'm done I'll put my clothes into my car." She walked out of my room with my bags and let me get changed. (Outfit up top)

I put on natural makeup after changing and put on the boots Dot got me for my birthday. After grabbing my last to bags I walked into the living room to say goodbye. To my surprise I saw my mom, Luke, and Dot, "I'm going to meet up with Clary and Simon now. I'll see you guys later, Ok?" I hugged my mom first, then Luke, then Dot. My mom walked over with a purple necklace and I realized it was the one that Dot had gotten me for my birthday.

I waved and walked out. Luke had already put my clothes into my car so I just drove to Pandemonium to meet up with everyone.

This is my first Shadowhunters fanfic. I'm sorry if there are any errors. Like and comment if you like it