Jacket

Nalani's POV

I woke up on a bed next to Clary. I sat right up and ended up hitting a girl. "Ow." She said. Then Clary woke up and started freaking out until she saw that I was right next to her. I looked back to the girl, "Who are you?"

She smiled, "I'm Isabelle. I've never seen Jace so curious about mundanes or distracted. Like you saw earlier, distractions are dangerous in our line of work."

Me and Clary just looked at each other confused and I finally broke eye contact and asked Isabelle, "We have no idea what you're talking about."

Clary finally spoke up, "Who's Jace?"

" You really don't know much, do you?" Isabelle asked us. I shook my head.

"All we know is some psychos took our mother, and now you people have taken us." Clary said with worry very clear in her voice.

"And by "taken" I assume you mean "saved your life"?" Isabelle laughed.

"Mundanes shouldn't even be here." A familiar voice said I just don't remember how I know it.

"Where is "here" exactly?" I asked as I saw the raven haired guy from pandemonium. I smiled at him and he smiled back. The blonde haired dude just looked shocked when he smiled back.

"They are not mundanes, Alec. And plus I think you're ok with Nalani being here."

"How do you know that? And I have no idea what you are talking about." Alec asked the blonde who still doesn't have a name yet.

"Because the seraph blade lit up when they touched it. Look, Isabelle, can you, I'm Jace Wayland." Blondie said. He finally has a name. Isabelle moved over to a chair and face sat down in her place.

Clary looked shy all of a sudden, "I'm uh.." She started to introduce herself but got cut off by Blondie. Yea that name is gonna stick for a while.

"Clary and Nalani Fray. We know who you guys are." He said already knowing our names and that's weird because the only person who knows my name in the room is Clary because before I could tell Alec my name he and Blondie ran into the club.

"Am I the only one who finds this unusual?" Alec asked looking around the room.

"You find everything unusual Alec." Isabelle said and laughed after. I started laughing with her but shook my head, "I find this unusual too Alec so you are not alone." I smiled at him when I finished. He smiled back and Isabelle looked shocked.

"Why do you guys looked shocked when Alec smiles back at me?" I asked curious. I looked at Blondie who was too busy staring at my sister, Isabelle who was just smiling and Alec who was looking anywhere in the room but me.

Isabelle finally answered after a minute of silence, "Alec doesn't usually smile at people. He's the serious one out of all of us. Jace is the rule break. And I'm the party girl. I have a feeling you are too." I just nodded and looked at Alec.

"I have to report this to the Clave." Alec said while finally looking back at me.

"You know what? Dial it down a notch." Have said finally breaking eye contact with my sister. She was blushing and I was trying not to laugh.

"My brother doesn't have a dial. I love you, Alec, but you have a switch that's always on." Isabelle said while realizing that he was still looking at me.