Lord of the Rings and The Hob...

By SierraSama

REQUESTS CLOSED I've read a lot of these from other writers, some good and some bad, so here I am writing so... More

Author's Note
Legolas- Arranged
Thranduil- A Father's Regret
Imagine Thranduil and Tauriel
Bilbo- Where Have You Been?
Thorin- Queen
Fili- Warm
Legolas- Drink Up
Thranduil- Scandalous pt. 1
Thranduil- Scandalous pt. 2
Thranduil- Scandalous pt. 3
Thranduil- Scandalous pt. 3 (Alternate Ending)
Aragorn- Savior pt. 2
Aragorn- Savior pt. 3
Aragorn- Savior pt. 4
Legolas- Oblivious
Kili- Rivendell
The first "I Love You" pt. 1
The first "I Love You" pt. 2
Thorin- Too Late pt. 1
Thorin- Too Late pt. 2
Thorin- Too Late pt. 3 (Epilogue)
Legolas- Evenstar
Thranduil- Dance with me, my Queen
Imagine Thranduil being an Overprotective Father
Thranduil- Cinderella of Mirkwood pt. 1
Thranduil- Cinderella of Mirkwood pt. 2
Thranduil- Cinderella of Mirkwood pt. 3
Thranduil- Cinderella of Mirkwood pt. 4
Legolas- My Protector pt. 1
Legolas- My Protector pt. 2
Fili- Romeo and Juliet pt. 1
Fili- Romeo and Juliet pt. 2
Fili- Romeo and Juliet pt. 3
Some memes for the soul
Tauriel- Red Wolf
Legolas- Summer Camp (modern AU)
Thranduil- Flight Friends (modern AU)
Legolas- The Royal Family on Camera (modern AU)
I've been tagged...!
Thranduil- Sneak Away King pt.1
Thranduil- Sneak Away King pt. 2
Legolas- An Unwanted Wingman
A Little bit of Legolas Laughs for your Lovely day
Thranduil- Me Instead of You
Tag memes
A/N- "Born of Hope"
Thranduil- Me Instead of You (Alternate)
Thranduil- At Heart and Home
Elrond- Heartfelt
Hobbit Holiday Haha's
Eomer- Almost Lost You
Ori- Sunrise-Loving Shield-Maiden
Just wanna say thanks... ;-; 💗
Thranduil- Take a Chance
Frodo- Lend you a Hand
Proof Thranduil is a Living Mood
Thorin- I'm Here
Tauriel- Awkward Early Impressions
Thorin- Lost Lady of Erebor pt. 1
Thorin- Lost Lady of Erebor pt.2
Thorin- Lost Lady of Erebor pt. 3
Thorin- Lost Lady of Erebor pt. 4
Thorin- Lost Lady of Erebor pt. 5
Thorin- Lost Lady of Erebor pt. 6
Thorin- Lost Lady of Erebor pt. 7 (Epilogue)
Haldir- Sorries and Scars
A/N- 50,000+
Thorin & Co. - Every Heart Beats True (Modern AU)
Thorin- Vertically Challenged Party People
Aragorn- Never a Burden
Lindir- Pen Names and Protocol
A/N- 100,000! (+some crack)
The first "I Love You" pt. 3
Legolas- Bruises (modern AU)
A/N- 200k views and a lil speech
Thranduil and Legolas- Royal Duties

Aragorn- Savior pt. 1

8.4K 182 76
By SierraSama

"No! Please, let me go! I'll give you all the money you want, just don't hurt me! Stop!"

No matter how much you cried and attempted to buy yourself out of this mess, these street thugs didn't pay your words any attention. To make the situation worse, the plundering rain kept anyone from hearing your pleas for help. 

"My father will know of this!" you threatened. "He is a noble and has a search party looking for me right now! He'll kill you all!"

The last three statements were all fibs. You were orphaned, been living out in the dangerous, vast world since you were a young teenager. If only you were male, you wouldn't be facing this situation. It was different when you were younger, still flat chested and thin. Now you were a grown woman, and your feminine form made you an easy target for savage men such as these. 

Now, normally you were armed with a small blade or two. It just so happened that you had been robbed during your sleep on the side of the road this morning when you first entered this poor settlement. You always avoided coming here to Bree, but with rumors of legendary ring wraiths around and storms from the south, you knew it would be worth the little coin you had to rent a bed under a roof for as long as you could. You had already been proven wrong once, now twice.

"Let me go!" you shouted. You managed to shrug one of them off, but another took a tight hold on you arm and pulled you back into the small cluster of barbarians. How many were there? You couldn't tell, it was too dark and they were all in dark capes. There seemed to be at least three, maybe four.

You continued to squirm despite desperately wanting to give up. Eventually, you were kicked in the back of the knee, causing you to lose your footing and be dragged by the anonymous enemies. They had been pulling you for a long time now. Wherever they were taking you, they had to be getting close by now. 

As each second passed, so did the hopes of your future. These men would certainly rape you and likely kill you when they were done. You think you've began to shed tears, but with the rain, you couldn't be sure. 

Suddenly there was a sound of a punch and a body fall to the ground with a splash. One of the two men holding you let go to join the fight. Another sound of defeat followed. And another. The sound of a blade impaling a living body seemed to be right next to your left ear. The hand that once gripped your neck went loose and the body collapsed. 

You weren't sure if this marauder was your hero or a new threat. You didn't really want to find out, so you avoided the sight of him. As soon as you found yourself free of another's touch, you turned around and ran as fast as you could in no particular direction. You heard the man's feet splashing in the puddles behind you.

"Wait!" he cried desperately. "I mean you no harm, I promise!"

You shook the thought of someone ever wanting to help you out of your head and set your legs into autopilot, sprinting anywhere to get rid of this pestering stranger. You yelped with fear when you felt two strong hands grip you by the shoulders and spin you around. They held you still in one place. Again, you wiggled and shoved. Your were exhausted and sore, but even in this state, you refused to give in. You kept your eyes shut and blindly swung your leg upward, hoping you hit the desired target. From the pained moan and retraction of hands, you assumed you did. 

Too fast to be fortunate, you spun around to flee. You then tripped over your own foot and fell face-first into a puddle. The voice of your attacker continued as you tried to get up.

"No, don't go," he begged. "It's not safe. You shouldn't be out here alone."

"Who says I'm alone?" you tried to say with false courage. At last, you opened your eyes to examine this man. He was hooded, therefore you couldn't see his face, but he was strong and tall with chocolate locks that dripped with water. 

"The fact that you were being dragged to your death less than a minute ago."

Darn it. 

"Who are you?" you asked as he rose to his feet. "What do you want from me?"

"I'm known as Strider," he replied. "And I don't know who you are or what I could want from you, but I saw you getting harassed and I knew you needed saving. What's your name, my lady?"

"Rose," you lied quickly. There was no way you were telling him your true name, especially if he didn't tell you his. Who names their child Strider, anyway?

"Don't take me for a fool, Rose," he said and offered a hand to help me up, "I am well aware that you just lied, but I won't force anything out of you. If it would help you, I am heading to the Prancing Pony. You are welcome to come with me. I'll buy you some warm food if you'd like."

Reluctantly, you took his hand and he heaved you up. You had known this man for less than two minutes, but you felt comfortable in his presence. He seemed trustworthy. Genuine trust and good intentions were something you could see these days. You had been a victim to lies of hospitality that ended in an enemy's favor, but that was somewhat different than the feeling of real trust. 

Going along with the voice in your head, you followed Strider to the inn. Once you were inside, he ordered you some roasted pork and mead. The two of you took a table in the far corner of the room where none of the dancing merry goers could bother you. 

Strider kicked his legs up on a stool and asked, "So what brings you here to Bree?"

"Well, I usually just set up camps in the nearby woods all year long. I recently heard rumors of ring wraiths lurking about," you explained darkly. "Then I began to hear their screams at night. When I saw a storm coming from the south, it gave me another reason to come here and seek shelter and answers, hopefully."

Strider hummed thoughtfully. "I've heard of them being spotted around here. I know little about them, but they are too dangerous to be at risk of. You made a smart choice to seek refuge here."

"Did you literally not save my life from thugs?" you asked sarcastically.

"Men, though more in numbers, are far less powerful than the ring wraiths."

"You speak as though you aren't a man," you huffed as you took your plate and tankard from the server. Strider didn't respond. 

"Where are you from?" you asked, sipping the antidote to your fears. "You look like you've been trekking for a while."

He took out his pipe and puffed peacefully, still shadowed by his hood. "I come from Rivendell, and I intend to return after I've visited a friend who should be meeting me here soon."

"Rivendell?" you asked, surprised. "Take it you're friends with the elves then?"

"Somewhat, yes," he mumbled. "What about you? Where are you coming from?"

"I'm not exactly sure to be honest," I said thoughtfully. "I believe my parents were from Gondor, but as for myself, I am just from Middle Earth. Nowhere specific."

"Well, you must be exhausted, Rose," he said as he got up. "I'll get you a room to stay in."

"Thank you, Strider," you replied quietly. You didn't like it when men talked to you about getting a bed for the night, but you sensed Strider wasn't like other men, and had no intention to hurt you.

You sat alone, allowing yourself to slip into deep thought. The same man who brought you your food came to pick it back up. You acknowledged him and let him take your dishes, but he had other ideas.

"Miss, whatever that Strider is asking from you, don't do it," he warned in a hushed tone.

"What do you mean?" you leaned in to the conversation. "He's been nothing but good to me."

"He's one of them rangers. Dangerous folk they are, roaming in the wilds. What his real name is, I've never heard, but around here-" He took in a nervous breath. "-he's known as Strider. I wouldn't trust him."

The server left before you could ask any questions. You eyes darted to Strider, who was purchasing a room to rent for the night. You hadn't noticed it outside in the dark and rain, but now you could see many blades hanging from his belt.  You gulped with fear. Who did he intend to use them on?

Just a minute ago, you trusted Strider. Now, you weren't so sure staying here with him was a good idea. If he was as dangerous as the server said, helping you may not be his real intention. 

Strider sat back down. This time, you shifted your seat further away from him. "Here's the key to the room." He handed you a metal key. You took it, careful to avoid his touch. "I suggest you head up there soon."

Was he ordering you? It was beginning to seem like it. "I think I'll wait a little while," you insisted.

The door opened, but you didn't see anyone enter. Curious, you craned your neck to see four halflings come inside. They looked scared, shivering in their soaked cloaks. You saw Strider incline his head towards the newcomers out of the corner of your eyes. The hobbits sat down and ordered some pints of ale. If your eyes were correct, you could have sworn you saw them glancing at Strider next to you. 

"It's quite late, Rose," he said, almost with what seemed like impatience. "You should go upstairs and rest."

"Why are you so persistent that I do so, Strider?" you accused. 

He shifted uncomfortably and didn't reply. Instead, he continued to puff smoke from his pipe. You crossed your arms and spectated the room. 

The youngest hobbit was at the bar, chatting away with the drunkards about someone by the name of Baggins. Frodo Baggins.  Then a dark haired hobbit with distress on his face got up and made his way to the bar. Strider slowly moved his pipe away from his mouth

"Go to the room, Rose," he demanded, eyes still fixed on the scene in front of him. "Now, I tell you!"

Giving into his commands, you got up and flew up the stairs. As you paced your way up, you heard some commotion from the bar. As you unlocked the door, there was a series of loud gasps. As curious as you were, you still opened the door and locked it from the inside. If Strider truly had ill intentions, the door was locked now, so he couldn't get in. But he was dangerous, as the server had said, so he would probably break the door down if he had to. In that case, you would jump out the window. 

You looked around the room for something, anything you could use as a weapon if he tried to hurt you. By the fire you found a long and sharp metal stick. It was meant to tend to the hearth, but it would certainly give Strider a good whack if needed. You took the stick in your hand and positioned yourself behind the door so he couldn't see you when he came in. Then you would be able to hit him from behind. After that you would question him to get his true identity and plans out of him. 

A solid plan, you thought to yourself. He'll never expect it.  

Less than a minute later, the door swung open. Strider must've had a key, too. He was forcefully dragging the dark haired halfling by the collar. The hobbit was then thrown to the the ground. Now was your time. You emerged from the corner and swung the stick at Strider with all your might. Lets just say you scared the halfling more than the ranger. 

To your horror, Strider caught the stick in his gloved palm and yanked it away from you. He hadn't even looked in your direction. How could he possibly have seen you there?

"What are you doing?" he asked coldly.

"What are you doing?" you returned the question, eyes still wide with shock. You moved your way to the window. You continued to speak gravely, "I don't know who you are or why you're really here, but I know it's not just to visit a friend. Now you're going to let me go in peace, or I'm going to have to beat you to get out of here."

The hobbit watched the two of you from where he coward on the floor. Strider sighed.

"It's too dangerous for you to leave now. There is another danger in these streets other then men," he said simply. He made his way over to you and pinched the candle out. "I won't hurt you, Rose, you can rely on that."

"No, I can't," you insisted. "You're a ranger. Rangers aren't to be trusted. Especially the males."

"Well, you can trust this one," he said finally before averting his attention to the hobbit. 

"Who are you?" the scared little hobbit asked.

"Yes, I would like to know the same thing," you agreed and stood behind him. "Strider."

He pulled his hood of. You tried not to show your surprised reaction much. Strider was very good-looking. Much more so than you had expected. Before he could speak much, the door bust open again, this time revealing three feisty hobbits. They threatened Strider, but he didn't fight back. 

They began to converse of things you knew not of. Something about a ring. When the ring wraiths were mentioned, you tuned in. Apparently Frodo, the dark haired hobbit, carried a ring of power that was attracting the wraiths. He was in great danger because he had used it as you were running upstairs. It was what caused the loud gasps. Now, the wraiths were after him and near by.

"They are chasing you, Frodo Baggins," Strider cautioned. "They want what you carry."

Frodo fiddled his fingers around something in his pocket. The ring that was causing this mess, you supposed. Strider then set a trap for the wraiths in another room, stacks stuffed with feathers to pose as sleeping hobbits. The other room was small, having only a bed and a sofa to relax on, but it was more than enough. 

The hobbits were fast asleep and Strider sat by a window, gazing into the night. You were curled up in an armchair near the fireplace, basking in the warmth. The flames crackled softly like a natural lullaby. 

"Where will you go now?" you asked quietly.

"to Rivendell, the House of Elrond," he said and smirked. "See? I didn't lie there."

You smiled. "So it would seem."

"Will you accompany us?" he asked with what sounded like hope. "I can find you an occupation among the elves. They are gentle people and won't hurt you like the men here. Lord Elrond Half-Elven is an old friend of mine. He'll keep watch over you."

"I still don't understand what's at stake here. Why are you taking the ring bearer to the elves?"

"The ring he carries is the one ring to rule them all. It has an evil mind of its own and must be taken care of somehow."

"Then what do the ring wraiths want with it?"

"The ring wraiths are the Nazgul, servants of the dark lord Sauron. The ring calls to them. They were traveling west from Mordor to catch Frodo, who was traveling east from the Shire. That is why you've been hearing them recently. If they get a hold of this ring, it may lead to the destruction of Middle-Earth as we know it."

You were both quiet for a minute before you answered, "I cannot do much to help with your quest, Strider, but I will go with you to Rivendell. I see an ally in you that I wish to have, ranger or not."

Strider nodded with a smile and continued to look out the window. You felt fatigue overtake your body, slowly pulling you into sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25K 65
~occasionally updated still~ Imagines with your favorite characters from the Hobbit! Including - but not limited to - Thorin, Legolas, Kili, Fili, a...
178K 2.1K 33
Y/n, Daughter of Elrond has been a strong and independent elf all her life. She sets out on a journey to destroy the one ring along with the other me...
941K 22.2K 194
Requests are open!! !!!!!!NEW!!!!!! You can request oneshots, quickshots, preferences, AND imagines!! MOSTLY 'THE HOBBIT' CHARACTERS I ALSO INCLUDE B...
288K 4.9K 71
Imagine yourself in Middle Earth. No inappropriate/adult content, etc. NOTICE- Requests are closed. However, I still enjoy interacting with you a...