The System

By MirandaBrown9

Alone. Lost. Scared. So many words to describe how I feel. What did I do? Why did they hurt me? Where do I go... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
A Trip
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
An Unexpected Surprise
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Words Of Wisdom
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 36

64 2 2
By MirandaBrown9

Jason's pov

I smile, seeing my amazing daughter slow dancing with her soon to be husband. I hold Memphis who's fast asleep on my shoulder. We were throwing a party to celebrate Miranda's engagement. Brittany walked over and hugged me. "Oh I'm so happy, Jase. Our baby girl is getting married!" She cheerily shouts. "I don't trust anybody with her but Garrett." I say. Britt lovingly takes Memphis and puts him to bed. I smile and walk over after my princess has finished her dance. "May I have this dance?" I ask as the music to my little girl by Tim McGraw starts up. She smiles and nods. "Gotta hold on easy as I let ya go! Gonna tell ya how much I love you, though you think you already know." Seeing this girl smiling and happy again is the best thing I've ever known. "I love you so much angel." I say. "Oh daddy, you're the most amazing father a girl could ever ask for. You're my hero." We sway to the music. "You're beautiful baby from the outside in, chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again! Go on take on this whole world but to me you know you'll always be..... My little girl!" "I'm proud to be your little girl, daddy." She says hugging me. I'm so happy. I'm so glad this sweet baby isn't depressed anymore.

*A few weeks later*

I proudly cheer as my young daughter gets ready to go to her honeymoon! "Goodbye mama! Goodbye daddy!" She says hugging us both tight. "Goodbye Chris! You're the best little brother!" "You're an amazing and perfect big sister." He says. "And goodbye sweet baby Memphis. You better not start walking without me." The little angel laughs in his Mama's arms. "Manda!" He cries, shocking us all. "He said his first word!" She shakily says, taking him and hugging him. "Oh sweet boy!" I smile. She's going to make an amazing mother when she and Garrett have kids. "I love you guys so much." She says waving before getting in the limo. I smile and wave. I'm gonna miss her. "I love you baby girl." She heads to her honeymoon with Garrett and we go back home. "Wow. It's so surreal. She's married and out of the house at 16." I say, walking in her room. Packed up and empty. "She wouldn't be able to start her life without you, Jase." I force a smile. "Without us, babe. Lord knows I couldn't do all this on my own." I say waving a hand around the room. "I'm still shocked they're able to move out so soon." She says. "Well Garrett's a hard working boy. He's been working as a paid intern at a law firm since he was in high school. So he's got plenty of money saved up." "That boy is perfect for our daughter." I smile, remembering when she was just a little girl and he bullied her. I put the fear of God into him that day. Who woulda guessed he'd become her husband years later. I certainly didn't. But I'm glad it happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

986K 31.4K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
207K 7K 12
Abused by her father for 4 years, sixteen year old Brittney Crane goes mute. Will she ever be able to be 'normal' again? Will she ever be able to tru...
2.2K 66 29
A young 17 year old Taylor Cooper who's mum was addicted to all sort of drugs and alcohol and couldn't look after her and Taylor's younger sister Tif...
1.4K 60 24
A 16 year old girl has to take care of the 10 year old brother. The teenager slowly falling apart from her parents being gone. Will this family work...