Legend of Pan

By TheEternalFighter

When 17 year old Alyssa is woken in the middle of the night, she wasn't worried until she focused on the near... More

The Boy On The Dresser
Flowers full of water
In the cells
The Great Escape
Beaches with hidden desires
A Guest No Longer
The Man With The Hook
The Carriage Journey
Ships
To be discovered
Passing Days
Harley's POV
A Taste Of Freedom
When Things Change
When The Fight Comes To Me
Returning
Feeling Safe
Acceptance
Burning
The Plan
To Act Upon

Rescuing Isn't Easy

102 7 2
By TheEternalFighter

Hook's ship had finally set sail, and currently we were sailing through one of the roughest storms I had ever laid eyes on. For some bizarre reason, I was on deck, and the ship was mercilessly throwing me against the wooden railing. I felt a scream mounting up in my throat, but instead of mindessly wailing, a name tore itself free.

"Harley!!"

Sea water matted my hair, and I squinted against the spray of the waves as I looked around the ship for the name of the man which had just escaped my throat. Daintily, I took a step forward, eager to find him for some unbeknown reason, but unfortunately the ocean had a reaction to this notion.

The ocean through another angry wave, and the ship gracelessly rolled over it, and my back was thrown against the railing again but this time, another body as cold as my own slammed into my chest. 

Gasping for breath, I peered up into eyes which were as blue as the ocean. His tanned skin was rough against my own, and speckles of water danced across his forehead. "Alyssa" He whispered, however I was distracted by the dark shadow that came up behind him. 

I couldn't even give him a warning. 

Sweat beaded along my own forehead as I jolted myself awake.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed straight into the woman's face before me, blinking away any remaining sleep. 

"I'm trying to help you dear!" She replied, carefully trying to keep her voice neutral.

I tried to remember the dream that I had just been ripped away from, but the more that  I chased it, the faster the dream ran away. All I could grasp was a single shadow. More deceit. 

Too many lies had been told for me to be able to trust anymore, blood sacrifices were occuring more often now, as Hook was more paranoid than ever that I would some how get away. I was still trying to figure that one out myself. The major problem was that I couldn't find the energy to walk more than a few steps, let alone an escape. 

Had I accepted the fact that I was stuck here? No, never. However it was getting harder and harder to keep my thoughts straight. 

"I said, don't touch me." I growled through gritted teeth. Hook had finally figured out that something was wrong when he barged into my room demanding my presence at dinner, and I responded by throwing up, all over his feet. Least to say, he wasn't impressed, and I was rewarded by being taken to the hull of the ship. Again. It was only when my head was lolling in the chair that he decided to bring me up here, and after a fitful doze I met the woman who was sat in the chair beside my bed.

Slowly, she withdrew her hands and as her stormy grey eyes reflected my own. I felt my anger gradually begin to dissipate. I couldn't remember the last time that I had been shown any sort of compassion, and it genuinely brought tears to my eyes. Then, an emotion that I had been trying to bury ever since I stumbled onto the ship arose: desperation. 

In an attempt to not appear any weaker than I already was, I closed my eyes. Images flashed before my eyes; I saw my house, mum, dad and even my German Shepherd named Angus, my own choice of course.

The woman with wispy grey hair and stormy eyes rested her palm against my forehead, at least I hoped it was her as my eyes were still shut.  But instead of screaming, I winced and automatically my brows drew together still allowing the woman this simple contact, and evident show of care. 

Dreams and thoughts were merging together, and in a last attempt of sanity I whispered "What's wrong with me."  A tortured sob escaped on the last word as the image of my family faded as i opened my eyes. 

Sharply, the woman withdrew her hand as eyes which mirrored hers stared deeply back. Her hands fisted in her lap, and she never broke eye contact as she answered "You need caring for, physically and mentally. You can't be here for much longer, you aren't going to last." Her bluntness took my breath away, even though she was telling me an assumption that I had come to ever since the needle was first plunged into my arm.

Despair filled me, and I looked towards the ceiling as my eyes filled yet again.

Beside me the woman sighed, grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards her. "I'll give you one message, to anyone on the island purely because I feel sorry for you. You've got five seconds before I leave with the message, completed or not."

****

Stephanie was trying her absolute best to distract me.

Ever since she had received the news that Alyssa wasn't happy, she had been determined to have her eye on me. Practically everyone in camp had an eye on me, they could almost snse the plans that were beginning to form in my head.

Alyssa had been there for weeks which I was determined not to count, suffering. The thought made my fists scrunch. 

Languidly, Stephanie draped her arm across my shoulders as we were at the table for dinner with the rest of the lost boys and whispered nonsense about her birthday in my ear. I could feel my muscles coiling in frustration. Suddenly, a plan clicked into place, and I couldn't help the grin which appeared on my features.

I took her hand in mine, and smiled down at her. "You know what Steph? I think you do deserve something for your birthday, why not a party? Keep you from missing your old camp too." 

Immediately she blushed at my confident out burst, "Well, I couldn't possibly-"

"Nonsense! It's settled." I stood at the head of the table, and the heads at the table all turned to look at me as I announced, "Boys! In celebration of Stephanie's birthday, we're going to party, camp style."

A roar of noise deafened my ears as the last two words sunk in. Stephanie thought that she was going to have a nice little party, where as a camp party was completely different. It literally translated in any lost boys' ears to 'Food Fight'. 

I smiled even brighter as food was thrown about the table, and even shed a tear when a shrimp got stuck in Stephanies hair.

Melting back into the shadows was easy with the chaos going on, it was time. 

**** 

Thankfully, i'd had an emergency bag prepared for this very moment, so as I hiked down the fields towards the harbour, I thanked my previously organised self. 

Getting out of the party wasn't exactly hard, everyone else was easily occupied in throwing as much food as they possibly could.

As the hours wore on, my eye lids became heavier, and my feet became slower. Honestly, I don't know how long I was walking for, but it wasn't until I heard the drunken jeers, bottles smashing and girls high pitched flirting that I realised where I was, there was only one place that it could be coming from. 

The harbour. 

Instantly, my vision became clear and my feet were no longer aching due to the anticipation. I'd had all of my journey to form a plan, and here was the best that I could come up with.

As I was going through this particular mission solo, i'd have to go with stealth over brute force, much to my dissapointment. Everyone knew that cargo was loaded onto ships, and as there was only one large one, it was obvious which was Hook's. I'd look for the symbol known as his, ironically a Hook, which is written onto boxes which are required to be loaded onto his ship.

Knowledge comes with a price that i'd paid, but I wasn't head of the camp for nothing. 

Stumbling out of the bushes and onto the beach, I began my slow but steady walk towards the wooden decks. Instantly, I kept my eyes downcast, avoiding any attention and allowing my feet to lead me to my destination. 

Confidently, I walked into the liqour store, giving a curt nod to the owner while my eyes found the many wooden boxes with a black hook lazily drawn on. I headed towards the ones at the back of the store, while the owner went to help a customer near the entrance. 

Understandably, I had about two minutes to get into the box, but being the common thief I am, I only required one. 

I transferred some of the rum into the other boxes, as well as one to my bag, so that my weight wouldn't break the box, and then for cover I draped a jacket from my bag over my head. 

Calmly, I slowed my breathing and closed my eyes, preparing to wait.

 Somehow, I must have drifted off, as when my eyes blearily opened I heard the gruff voices of men.

"What's in here?!" One exclaimed, as my box slammed back down to the floor. 

"You sealed it already Smee?" The other asked.

"Yeah, thought it was ready to go, but it can't be right with this weight. John, you should try lifting this!" Smee grumbled. 

"George already took the last few Smee, crack it open if there's a problem."  The man who was supposedly John answered. 

Smee muttered something about rum, and then a knife carved into the lid until it easily flipped off. As a reaction, I held my breath, hoping he wouldn't move my jacket, as if he did, I'd be sword fighting much earlier than I had anticipated. 

"Linens!" Smee answered exasperated. "I tell you, this Al girl has brought nothing but hard work." And with that declaration, he slammed the lid back on, and the men began lifting.

My breath caught in my throat.

Sunlight filtered in through the gaps in the lid, and a bead of sweat slowly trickled down the side of my head: I needed air. 

"Don't let Captain here you talking like that, where's he wanting these anyway?" John replied.

"Hull." Was all Smee had to say on the matter.

A smirk played on my lips at the thought of the fun that I could have with these two. I drew my dagger from my waist belt, and I poked at their fingers which gripped the box. 

"Ouch!" They exclaimed unanimously, dropping the box in the hull of the ship.

"Cursed box I tell you," Smee said airily, "Both recieving paper cuts! That's it! I'm complaining!" And with that outburst, he dramatically strode out, with John dutifully following.

Once their footsteps were fully faded, I let out a few quiet laughs at what just occured, and then set down to business. Kicking off the roof of the box, i examined my surroundings, coming to a conclusion. Quickly, I turned around and followed the men the way that they had come, glancing in eery open doorway before I passed.

Unfortunately, one doorway was granted my undivided attention, as all it contained was a chair. However, under closer inspection, I noticed little red dots on the wall, and as I took a step inside, parts of the floor was coated in red sticky blood. 

Adrenaline flooded my veins. The rumours were true.  White anger struck my vision and I was struck with the undeniable need to find her

Running up the stairs, I pushed out every breath as though it was a chore, and thanked that most of the crew was on shore today. At the end of the corridor, I saw a mahogany door, and with no doubts I slammed my shoulder into it, demanding enterance.

****

Hey guys! 

I cannot express how grateful I am... 650 reads adiihfiodsahnigfdjvofdmvbnfbn

Yup, elated is an understatement, thank you so much! 

I plan to update much sooner than you think, so be prepared! :D 

Any comments and votes are much appreciated, as always. 

Be seeing you! :') 

Lucy

P.S The image is how i picutre Alyssa, and the song is what I wrote to when Alyssa thinks of family, and I just like the song :P 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 306 21
Peter Pan loves to play his games when it comes down to it hints the saying 'Peter Pan never fails.' But will he finally meet his match when Cameron...
1.8M 50K 65
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π“π‘πˆπ‚πŠπ’π“π„π‘. | ❝Everyone will end up leaving you at one point or another. But it's the ones that come back that are the most important...
354K 12.5K 24
Acelina (Ace) wakes up to the sound of her brother's footsteps leaving their room. Curious to why, she follows him and most of the other village boys...
6.8K 70 21
This is gonna be a Peter Pan fanfiction based on the serie Once Upon A Time. In this book Peter Pan is still alive and also isn't the father of Rump...