Best Of Me [YoonMin]

By xxsnapdragon

~Book Trailer in Author's Note~ "So then, what's the cure?" "There is no cure..only medicine to keep me stabl... More

Author's Note
1: Birthday
2: Diagnosis
3: He's Here
4: Like Father, Like Son?
5: Cold
6: First Impressions
7: Friends?
8: He's Okay I Guess
9: In the Way
10: He left?
11: Too Fast...?
12: Worry
13: Affection
14: Don't Leave Me
15: All He Needs
16: Dinner
17: Falling
18: Crushed
19: Confession
20: Acceptance
21: Official
22: Revelations
23: Min Company
24: Danger
25: Coma
26: Thoughts
27: Planning
28: Brothers
29: News
30: Storm
31: Not So Secret Now
32: New Problems
33: A Disappointment
34: Cheesy
35: Be Okay
36: Angel
37: Time
38: Mission
39: Ruined
40: Cat Out of the Bag
41: Love is a Piece Of Cake, No?
42: Burn
43: Love/Hate
44: Goodbye
45: It Was Only a Kiss
46: Bad Timing
47: Gone
48: Questions
49: Just Hang On
50: Admittance
51: Family
52: Sooyoung
53: Clues
54: Talk
55: Breaking News
57: Coffee
58: Familiar Faces
59: Not Dead
60: Keep a Secret
61: We Meet Again
62: Something Old, Something New
63: Delicate
64: The Truth Untold
65: Terminal
66: If It's Meant to Be...
67: Red
68: Divide
69: Blood
70: Poison
71: Okay Now
72: Looking Up
73: Conference
74: Thank You
75: Where Is Home?
76: Celebrate?
77: Welcome Home!
78: Dream
79: Official
80: Too Good to Be True
81: Final Battle
82: Haru
83: Reality
84: Bonding
85: A Funeral
86: Abundance
87: Nerves
88: I Do
89: Euphoria
90: The End
Epilogue: Plus and Minus
Message From the Author (Not an update)
Best Of Me OST Out Now!

56: Rainy Day

1.3K 77 13
By xxsnapdragon

(3rd Person POV)

A/N: I was listening to "The Night We Met" by Lord Huron as I wrote this and lemme just tell you, the feels hit me hard 😭

10 Years Ago; Busan, South Korea

"Do you know what's wrong with him? How did the doctor's appointment go?" Kirang asked quietly, her hand lightly rubbing the back of the boy laying in the cot she was sitting on. Jiwon walked in from the other room, holding a rag soaked in water. At only 11 years old, Kirang and Jiwon were rather incapable of caring for an ill person, but they tried their best.

"They don't know what's wrong." Jiwon carefully turned the boy over, sweeping his hair back before placing the rag on his forehead. Nine year old Jimin whimpered, he was running a high fever and drifting in and out of consciousness.

"The doctors said there was a medicine they could try, but it's too expensive...mom is working to get whatever money she can, but dad is always wasting it on alcohol...if we buy his medicine,  we'll have no food for months.." Jiwon sat next to Kirang, his eyes lingering over Jimin's sleeping figure. His cheeks were red, sweat drenching his small body.

"I don't want to lose him, Ki." Jiwon's eyes filled with tears, "I wish I could help him, but there's nothing I can do. I'm useless..."

"Let me buy his medicine." Kirang smiled brightly as she stood up, "You never accept anything from me. Maybe this is a good time to do so."

"Kirang, you know I don't like to take your money--" Jiwon was interrupted by Kirang's hand on his cheek.

"Just this once. Please? You know I care about that little punk just as much as you do...he's like my little brother. I hate seeing him this way." Kirang's eyes wandered over to Jimin, a frown adorning her graceful features, "How much is the medicine?"

"Three hundred dollars." Jiwon muttered softly.

"If I get that money, do you promise to go buy his medicine straight away?" Kirang watched as Jiwon wiped a few tears from his eyes before nodding softly. He stood up, nodding a bit more enthusiastically.

"Good. Then, I'll go get it right away." Kirang pulled Jiwon into a gentle hug, "Hang in there, Jiwon. You're so brave in caring for Jimin all on your own."

Jiwon returned her hug. Something about Kirang was instantly comforting to him.

"I just wish there was more I could do." Jiwon sniffled, "When I grow up, I'll become a doctor. I'll save Jiminie."

"I know you can do it." Kirang planted a kiss on Jiwon's cheek before they parted ways.

Kirang and Jiwon lived only minutes apart, a brick wall seperated the rich communities from the poor houses. 

Kirang was an expert in climbing the brick wall. She effortlessly hopped over, running across the large, grassy backyard and straight into the luxurious mansion she called home. Like always, no one was home. Her dad was working, mom was with her friends, and the maids were off doing their jobs. Kirang walked upstairs to her father's study. She knew it was forbidden, but she'd do anything for Jiwon and Jimin.

Quietly, Kirang crept to the safe her father kept on the shelf behind his books. She removed all the books, typing the passcode into the safe before it clicked open.

She removed five hundred dollars. Kirang froze as she heard heavy footsteps approaching. She hurridly locked the safe and returning the books to their place before darting for the door.

Except, she didn't get to it in time. The door swung open and in came her father. Kirang's eyes widened, she clutched the money in her hands.

"Kirang, what are you doing with that money?" Mr. Kim scowled deeply, his tall figure towering over her, "You're stealing? You were hanging out with those damn Park boys, weren't you? You reek of poverty.."

"Father I'm sorry, but Jimin is sick...he needs money for his medicine!" Kirang gasped as her father slapped her, right across the cheek.

"Since when do I care about your stupid friends? I've had it with you.  We're moving away from this damn city. Don't think I don't know your intentions with that Jiwon kid. You will never, ever be in a relationship with him." Mr. Kim sneered, "When you turn 18, you're marrying Yoongi."

"What? No..." Kirang tried to hold back her tears. She'd known Yoongi for a long time, but she didn't like him, not that way. She loved Jiwon.

"You don't have a say in that matter." Mr. Kim snatched the money from her hands, "Go pack your things. We leave tonight."

Kirang ran past her father, out the back doors, and into the grassy garden. She was strong, even if her cheek was stinging, she didn't cry.

"Kirang, what happened?!" Jiwon met her at the door to his house. Her cheek was red, and her eyes were sad.

"I...I'm moving away, Jiwon." Kirang didn't step closer to him. She kept a distance, knowing very well that it would make this much more painful if she showed more feelings.

"Huh?" Jiwon stared blankly, "Is that a joke? It's not really funny..."

"It's not a joke. I'm leaving tonight..." Kirang  pulled something from her pocket, holding it out to Jiwon, "Here. Promise me you'll take good care of Jimin. Promise you'll become a doctor like you always dreamed of doing. And...promise you won't forget me. I'm sorry."

Jiwon hesitantly took the item she was holding out. As soon as he did, Kirang ran away.

"Kirang! Wait!" Jiwon called out. He was about to go after her, but Jimin began coughing from inside the house. He hesitantly went back inside, glancing at the item in his hand. A hundred dollars.

That was the last time Jiwon saw her.
.
.
.
Present, 2 Days Later

"Miss Kirang?"

"Yes?" Kirang turned away from the window she'd been staring out of. It was raining, the sky completely gray.

"I just wanted to let you know your donation was accepted successfully, once again." The maid said softly.

"Ah, thank you. Anonymous, right?" Kirang smiled kindly.

"Yes ma'am. I renewed the monthly donation, so it'll go through without a problem." The main returned Kirang's smile.

"Thank you for letting me know." Kirang excused the maid. She was left alone with her thoughts again.

As far as she knew, Jiwon had accomplished his dream of becoming a doctor. She'd been donating money to his hospital for years now, always under anonymous. She didn't know where Jimin ended up, much less if he had lived through his illness.

However, there was a small hope in the back of her mind that Jimin was the boy Yoongi had fallen in love with. Could it be the same Jimin? The Jimin...whose funeral was today...?

Kirang placed a hand over her belly, the baby within her was moving around. She frowned deeply. If it was the same Jimin...she was partly guilty for his death.

A single tear slid down her cheek.
.
.
.
"Thank you for coming." Seokjin kept repeating as he greeted the funeral attendees at the door. Namjoon was next to him, both of them dressed in all black suits.

In the center of the large, empty room, sat a table filled to the brim with white roses and a few sticks of burning incense. In the center of the roses stood a large framed picture of Jimin, his smiling face and kind eyes welcoming. The black ribbon sitting at the very top of the frame stood out amongst the white flowers. Candles were sitting on the ground,  illuminating the alter with a soft yellow glow.

There were a few news reporters outside of the memorial hall. Despite the rain, people were still standing outside. Jimin was just a normal boy, but the media was making a big deal out of it since the Min company had paid for all expenses. 

Yoongi ignored the camera flashes and he and Jungkook walked up to the building. Yoongi looked empty, and lost. He'd run out of tears to shed, his skin seemingly more pale in the black suit he wore.

"Glad you could make it." Seokjin said softly as Yoongi made it to the door. Seokjin's eyes were red and swollen from crying, trails of fresh tears marking his cheeks. Yoongi nodded before walking inside, each step more painful than the last. He had wanted to be strong, but seeing the picture of Jimin on the alter broke him

Yoongi dropped to his knees in front of the alter, leaning until his forehead touched the ground as well. And then he cried. And cried and cried until there was no strength left in him. People came and went, blurs of black clothing in Yoongi's vision.

Hours passed. He sat quietly in a corner now, staring helplessly at Jimin's picture.

"I failed you." Yoongi muttered quietly, "I said I would save you...and I failed. I promised you'd be okay...I said you were my forever. I failed. I failed and I'm so sorry, baby." Yoongi choked up as he spoke. He tried not to think about it,  but every time he closed his eyes, Yoongi saw the place where Jimin was found. A pile of ashes on the ground, next to a bloody sweater. Jimin's favorite, one he always wore around the hospital.

He looked down at the floor as he saw Jungkook approaching him.

"Yoongi, we have to go. The memorial ended a while ago...but Seokjin said it was okay to stay a bit longer. But now we really have to go." Jungkook spoke gently, knowing that Yoongi was in a fragile place.

"I don't wanna go...I don't wanna leave him..." Yoongi looked up at Jungkook with a sullen expression.

"I know, Yoongi. But we should be heading home... you don't look well at all." Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed with concern.

"I'm fine." Yoongi stood, wiping his face with the sleeve of his suit, "I'm okay. Let me stay a while longer."

"No, Yoongi. Let's go home...Jimin will be laid to rest tomorrow, you can visit him then, yeah?" Jungkook asked calmly. He wrapped his arm around the smaller man's shoulders. Yoongi didn't agree, but he allowed Jungkook to lead him out the door and into the pouring rain. Yoongi looked over his shoulder, taking one last glance at the smiling photo of Jimin. The rain was pouring, masking the trails of tears on Yoongi's face. The thunder was loud, but nothing was more deafening than the pain in Yoongi's heart.

I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you. Take me back to the night we met...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 602 77
A fantasy where Min Yoongi, one of the last few guardian angels, is sent down to help a distressed high-school boy with secrets, or otherwise Park Ji...
932 64 10
"Whatever it is you're planning, the answer is no!" Yoongi states firmly. "Hyung, my plan is simple, all you have to do is ask his friend out!"
116K 3.6K 24
"I was just the dirty cheater that wronged you. I'm sorry for that..." ~ Book 2 of the Yoonmin series ~ Yoonmin ft. Yoonseok Short chapters like the...
111K 4.8K 22
Jimin is the schools playboy Taehyung's a boy who dosn't trust love What happens when these two meet •~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~• • [ COMPLETE ] •