Azure Saviour | dark h.s.

By kissable_brits

Céline, a strong and independent woman, with a rough, misfortunate, and violent past. Harry, a troubled and... More

a little note
cast list
trailer
one | 1
two | 2
three | 3
four | 4
five | 5
six | 6
seven | 7
eight | 8
nine | 9
eleven | 11
twelve | 12
thirteen | 13
fourteen | 14
fifteen | 15
sixteen | 16
seventeen | 17
eighteen | 18
nineteen | 19
twenty | 20
twenty one | 21
twenty two | 22
twenty three | 23
twenty four | 24
twenty five | 25
twenty six | 26
twenty seven | 27
twenty eight | 28
twenty nine | 29
thirty | 30
thirty one | 31
thirty two | 32
thirty three | 33
thirty four | 34
thirty five | 35
thirty six | 36
thirty seven | 37
thirty eight | 38
thirty nine | 39
forty | 40
forty one | 41
forty two | 42
forty three | 43
forty four | 44
forty five | 45
forty six | 46
forty seven | 47
forty eight | 48
forty nine | 49
fifty | 50
fifty one | 51
fifty two | 52
fifty three | 53
fifty four | 54
fifty five | 55
fifty six | 56
fifty seven | 57
fifty eight | 58
fifty nine | 59
sixty | 60
epilogue
q & a
a final note
Céline Meets Josie and Hazel
Thea's First Words
The Héline Wedding
Thea's First Day at School

ten | 10

5K 277 398
By kissable_brits

Hello lovelies! Sorry for the late update. I was crazy busy and travelled on Friday...I'm on vacation right now, but of course, I just had to write. So, here it is, I hope you enjoy it!

thun·der·storm

Céline.

Rain.

It wasn't just rain though. It was thunder storming like there wasn't going to be a tomorrow. The whole, 'raining like cats and dogs' saying, wouldn't even compare to this downpour. Other than that fact, there was a tornado watch in effect. I didn't know what was worse, the fact that I was even debating whether or not I wanted to leave the house; or the fact that there was a reason for this whole mental discussion.

How was I supposed to go? What if Harry didn't go? I mean, who would want to go out in this weather? There were so many questions running through my mind.

But, what if he would do that? He could. How the hell do you know Céline? You don't know him properly. You barely know a thing about him. Well, that's a lie. I knew more than just a few things; but still, it's not enough to know if he would go out in this weather only for you. It seems that he's been to the same place many times before, but did he ever go out for the sake of a person? Was I just a person? You're sounding like this heart-struck lover - it's pathetic and stupid. Don't think about it, just do whatever you want. What do I want?

Fuck.

I practically ran to my car, attempting to hide from the rain, but what I'd set out, completely failed. I was soaked before by the time I got inside. Well, your idea isn't probably the best one to date. Why do I feel compelled to go, though? You want to see him. That's why.

No. Why would I want to see him?

All of those thoughts ran through my mind as I drove through the dark streets of downtown. My windshield wipers were on the fastest setting and they could barely keep up. My eyes were squinting, trying to see the view ahead of me, even though a sliver of still objects were visible. Even an idiot wouldn't be dumb enough to go out during this weather; yet, here I am. I wasn't just unsure of my feelings, but there was one thing I was completely sure about - I was confused. Wait a second, feelings?

I pulled up through the lot and put my car into park. I looked around in my messy car, in search of an umbrella. My hands dug through the pile of things in the back, until I felt the rainproof textured item. Yes! I was incredibly thankful that it was still on the floor in the backseat; and the fact that it was still in working order. I took out my phone and checked to see when the rain would let up, and I was in great luck - five more hours. A sigh left my lips and I threw the device into the cup holder. This time, I wasn't going to take anything with me; not my phone or my purse. I wanted to isolate myself completely under this chaotic weather. It's how my mind felt anyway. There was no difference.

With a deep breath, I opened the door to my car, popping open my umbrella and quickly got outside. The rain pounded vigorously down on the top of the fabric, to a point where I was afraid it was going to rip. The wind came and gone, but at this moment, I was thankful it was stable. I locked my vehicle and hastened to the spot, that I'd been acquainted with many times; but this time, I was greeted an unfamiliar white object. I could faintly tell the shape of it. It was - a tent. My brows furrowed in confusion, but I continued to make my way to my own destination. The closer I got, my heart beat in anticipation. Was it him? Or was it just a homeless person that decided to camp up here, rather than inside the garage itself?

I slowly peered around the open edge of the fabric to see a familiar man, who had short hair, with a few soft curls near the ends. His eyes were closed as he inhaled through a fresh cigarette. The smoke raised out through the open air, only to be brought down quickly by the power of thousands of wet droplets. He had on a grey hoodie, with the same pair of black jeans and boots he always wore. Nothing had really changed with him and a small smile crept along my face, but I hid it quickly.

Suddenly, his eyes opened and I saw his green eyes. From the weather - or his mood - they seemed a bit dull; yet, still absolutely stunning to me.

"C." He grinned softly. "You came."

"H." I curled my lips upward, only a short distance. "You're here."

I took a seat under neath the tent and shook the water off of my umbrella, a few droplets splashing against my skin. I'm sure some also hit Harry, but he didn't say a word. After I folded it away, I placed it down on the left of me, leaving minimal room between the beautiful man next to me.

Beautiful? Stunning? Céline, what is wrong with you today?

This whole week had passed by, filled with hectic moments and crazy thoughts. Work had been incredibly busy and I just wanted the weekend to come - it finally has. Both Lena and Josie were pestering me about Harry, every single day. I wasn't sure as to why they were doing that. It's almost as if they were thinking we were in some sort of relationship and that I was seeing him behind their backs. That wasn't the case and they very well knew that.

"So, I was thinking -"

"You put up a tent." I interrupted, stating a clear fact.

"Did I?" His eyes widened, slightly looking around us, dramatically showing a fake shocked expression. "Oh, I guess I did. Clever observation, C."

"I thought you wouldn't come, because of the storm." I said, ignoring his sarcastic remark.

"Why wouldn't I come? It's just rain. Rain cleanses both the soul and the mind." He said, then exhaled deeply.

"So why aren't you under it?" I questioned and he looked at me, like I was a mindless human being.

"It's a metaphor." He said, his expression on me was neutral.

"True; but the way you said it, makes it seem like you believe the truth - yet, you don't want your soul or mind to be cleansed."

"We've just been sitting together for less than two minutes and you're already analysing me?" He raised a brow.

I shook my head once and showed a small smile. "There's never a time that a person can't be analysed."

"Damn, you're deep." He said, then blew toxic smoke that was trapped between his lips.

"At least today, I'm not uptight." A grin grew wide on my face, recalling the word he called me, the very first day I met him.

"True." He smirked. "Must be the rain."

"Jerk." I chuckled and he just shook his head slightly.

"How was your week?" He asked, killing his drag, then pushing it to the side. Two thing surprised me at the exact same time. He wondered how my past several days have been - which is a first - and he never threw out the two butts laying beside him. Hundreds of people would have tossed it on the ground, not thinking twice about it; but not him.

"Good." I stated, simply.

"I've never seen you so enthusiastic before." He spoke, sarcastically.

"It's the truth."

"That, it is, because you're not a liar; however, there is much more to that story, making it better than what it seems. You said 'good'. You've never said that before." He noted and I blinked twice at him.

I was completely taken off guard and surprised by his response to me; but I tried not to show my thoughts to him. It reminded me of when I told Lena about how my weekend was, the first time I met Harry. She said the exact same thing; but the difference was, I've known her for months now. Harry, it's only been three weeks.

How could he do this?

"You caught me." I smiled with a shrug, trying to keep my actions casual as could be.

"So, how was it? A few more words help describe things, you know." He continued, a tad bothered by my original reply.

"My week was good. Life is nice." I responded, smirking.

"I wasn't being lit-"

"I'm messing with you, Styles." I laughed and he pursed his lips, the irritation evident. "Loosen up."

"I am lo-"

"Honestly, it was just pretty laid back. Last week was a bit stressful at work, but not this past one. I spent most of my free time visiting my niece and sister. They're always happy when I come. And ..." I was also looking forward to coming here this weekend. It's started to be my favourite time of the week - was what I wanted to add on; but I didn't. "...that's pretty much it."

"Sounds pretty good." He grinned, after carefully watching me the entire time I spoke.

Anytime he listened to me, he gave me his undivided attention. It made me feel important. It made it seem like someone actually cared to listen to what I had to say. There wasn't a time when I felt like he judged me or felt like I was weird with how my personality was.

I had been on dates with guys before, but my guarded wall and personality is definitely a turn off, and I know that - loud and clear. Never once did he make me feel like I was weird in any way.

Céline, this is not a date. What is wrong with you?

"Yeah, it's alright." I smiled, choosing to ignore the deeper meaning behind his simple comment. "What about you?"

My question was general, just as he asked me; but it was clear that it wasn't. Harry immediately stiffened, as if I was questioning him if he'd murdered someone in his past.

Murder. Damn that dream of mine. He doesn't seem like that kind of person. He seems genuine, kind, and very caring; but I knew he had something underneath that thick skull of his. A skull with gorgeous chocolate brown hair, and a face that any girl would swoon over.

"I hung out with my friends." His reply seemed like it was carved in stone - just like his name on this bench.

"That's quite vague." I raised a brow, wanting to know more information. He'd asked me to elaborate on what I said to him; so I was going to do the same. The difference was, I knew I had to ask him, otherwise he wouldn't willfully say a word. "You don't have a job?"

"Um..." He trailed off, as if searching for the right words. It was a simple answer, either a yes, or a no. The question was, why wouldn't he have a job? Or why didn't he? My guess would be that he's older than me, but not by much - so he had to have something. "...I don't have one anymore."

"You got fired?" I tilted my head, in question.

"Not exactly."

"Alright?" I said, but it came out more of a question. "What did you study in school? You must have gone to university." I pushed - maybe, a little further.

"I did go to university; but the rest is none of your concern."

"Fair enough." My head nodded once, leaving it at that. There was no point in continuing further.

"You're not offended?" He furrowed my brows at my laid back answer.

"Why would I be? You're not comfortable telling me that. It's okay. I can wait." I smiled, trying to make him feel more comfortable. I knew I succeeded when his body relaxed. It was a shame that I couldn't see his muscles; but I couldn't do anything about it. I'd imagine that would be a lovely sight to see.

This time, I felt like it was my turn to keep on asking questions. I didn't know where my line was to be drawn, but I felt that one more would be okay. I hoped; but before I had a chance to say anything else, he spoke up again.

"How long have you lived in KC?"

"Just under a year."

"Where were you -?"

"Detroit. Lived there all my life. I moved for my sister and niece." I interrupted, quickly answering his question.

"Dangerous city, no?"

"And Kansas City isn't?" I lightly laughed.

"Touché." He nodded. "There are a lot of areas that aren't the safest here."

"Troost being one of them, yes?" I surprised myself when those words came out of my mouth; but there was no turning back as I questioned him. I was definitely, slightly afraid of the answer though. That was the name of the street name Harry and I drove down to in my dream. The nervousness that ran through my blood increased as soon as I noticed his Adam's apple bob, swallowing. It was incredibly obvious that he, too, was anxious.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"You go there a lot?" I let out, then held my breath, as I waited for him to reply.

"What makes you say that?" He furrowed his brows, examining me.

"You got a bit nervous when I asked." The best I could, was to try and make sure that the ball was in my court.

"Well, let's just say it's not something I'd like to talk about." His lips pursed, a soft glare was now focused on the ground. There was definitely something he was hiding; and it wasn't small.

"I'm guessing you're a very closed off person. Am I right, Styles?" I questioned, sarcastically; and to try and lighten the mood.

"Nope. I'm an open book to read." He laughed, his previous expression disappeared as quick as single breath.

"Oh yeah, sure, Styles; I completely believe you. You're just as complicated as Shakespeare."

"William and I go way back, he's a close friend. He's just misinterpreted, that's all." A chuckle escaped his lips.

"Then my mistake, you must be related to Tolstoy." I mimicked his action and smiled.

"Sounds more like it." He grinned, but it quickly faded. "Why do I feel like you have more questions about -?"

"Troost, yes; but I won't ask them."

"Why not?" Throughout this even chat of ours, it was clear that the confusion built up within him. As many times as I ask him a couple times about his recent and past life, the fact that I stopped after not more than two questions.

"Because even if I do, you clearly won't answer them. So what's the point?" I questioned.

There was much more to it though. I wanted him to get comfortable and be able to trust me as a potential friend. Him and I were technically still strangers, but something told me that we were on the road towards a closer bond. I wanted a friend like him. I wanted a friend who would be able to understand me at a deeper level. We'd already opened up about a few things, but I wanted that list to keep going. I didn't know if there was a true reason as to why it was only him that I was curious about. There are said to be seven wonders of the world. In my eyes, there are eight; and Harry is one of them.

"Touché."

"That makes it the second time for tonight. How many more will there be?" I smirked.

"I've never met anyone who notices details like you do." He said, biting his lip, then sucked them in. A deep dimple appeared on his beautiful face. Every single one of his features was soft and I had that same close feeling that was exactly how he was on the inside.

"I've never met anyone who doesn't think I'm crazy that I do that." I half laughed, partially believing the words that have been told to me over the years. It wasn't long that I saw him shake his head, in disagreement.

"You're not crazy."

"Well, I'm definitely different."

"You're not different; you're unique." He said, then looked out into the open air ahead of us.

He pulled out another cigarette, cupping his hand around it, so he could light it. I noticed the cross tattoo on his left hand. It intrigued me - just like the rest of him.

"How long have you been here?" I asked, hoping that he understood which location I was talking about. It was easily noticeable when I noticed that he held his third smoke, which he was now puffing nicotine; and of course, other lung destroying ingredients.

"A while." He said, not making any eye contact. Figured.

I let out a deep breath as I turned my focus onto the open atmosphere ahead of us. Nothing had changed, as we both watched the rain continue to pour down like a waterfall. It was all dark, but something about it was still so beautiful. Even through the monstrous weather surrounding our souls, we knew that a beguiling life was hidden behind it. After rain comes the bright, shining sun. After the snow melts, comes the rich green grass. After the doubts, comes the trust. All we had to do was wait.

That was exactly how I saw Harry. He was closed off, and had a dark vibe to him, but underneath was so much more. Behind everything, he was pure. I tend to think that some who have a kind exterior, have the polar opposite deep within them. Hypocrisy, lies, and a sadistic soul, was the 'pure' personality they had.

"How many tattoos do you have?" I suddenly asked, after many moments of silence. I only hoped that the question wouldn't trigger a grouchy Harry. It was quick that a frown didn't form on his face and I was thankful for that. It did seem that he was actually thinking about my question.

"Oh wow, um, I really don't know. I lost count after twenty." He said, his eyes focusing down at his hands, slightly lifting up the cuffs to see the drawings of permanent black ink on his skin. "Some have meaning, some are incredibly stupid, and some are just drunken mistakes."

I laughed lightly at his last statement, which made him smile as he looked up at me. I could tell that he was curious and in search of the same thing I asked about him.

"Do you have any?"

"Yeah, three." I nodded. "One is similar to one of yours, and I also have another two."

"Similar to mine?"

"Yep."

"Which one?" He asked, eager to know.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." I smirked and let out the smallest chuckle.

"And how will I find out, if you don't tell me." A beautifully shaped brow of his, raised.

"The eye perceives things that the mouth may not say."

"So you won't tell me?" He knew I wouldn't, but he said it anyway.

Knew? Is he starting to know me?

"You have a brain, use it." A grin formed on my face, with a partial smirk, causing him to do the same.

"I'll make sure I will then." He bit his lip slightly, nodding slightly, then took the cigarette placing it on his mouth, taking in the toxic contents.

"Good." I smiled, then let out a small laugh. He just grinned, then exhaled the smoke that was trapped between his lips.

I didn't mind that he smoked, even though I've come to hate it with a strong passion, over the years. To me, it is a tad hypocritical of some sort, but I'm not.

The only sounds that were heard, were of the wind howling, the thunderous clouds rolling in, and the rain that filled through the man-made valleys of the city. It was dangerous to be out in this weather, nonetheless under a camping shelter. The tent that Harry put up, seemed flimsy and that it'd get torn apart quickly - but somehow, it didn't.

A lightning bolt, lit up the entire sky, fascinating us as Harry turned his head to watch the beautiful scenery. I, on the other hand, had another sight to see. The whole city came in full view for the split second it shown. Everything could be seen, along with the small smile on Harry's face. Before I could admire him any longer, a booming sound echoed through the open sky - one, almost deafening. I jumped in natural response, and I didn't know when, but I found myself in his arms. They were wrapped around me, as I shook from the sudden fright.

I wasn't afraid of thunderstorms; on the contrary, I loved them. It was the unexpected roars from the sky, that gave me a thrill of temporary fear. In his arms though, I felt safe. No one was ever been around me during times like this. Not because I would ever let anyone be near me, but mainly since I was always alone. The strangest part about it - neither of us pulled back. It was different this time. I willingly leaned into him and he responded with a small embrace.

I didn't want to look at him, in hopes of making it awkward. I felt his eyes on me though. I wanted to know what he was thinking, especially at this exact moment. All I knew right now, was that I didn't want to let go. For the first time, I took in his musky scent, with a hint of vanilla, that mixed with cigarette smoke. The hoodie he wore, was like a pillow cover, and he was my own personal pillow. He was comfortable. A comfort that I've never felt before. It was also, a comfort I didn't want to ever fade.

..

Harry.

My eyes looked down onto the slightly frightened, yet incredibly strong, woman that was in my arms. I didn't even know when it happened. I'd killed my smoke, looked out onto the wondrous sight, which quickly turned into practically nothing. It was then that I realised where she actually was.

The rain fogged absolutely every view possibly. It was like an old black and white telly set, where after a certain hour in the evening, the screen would annoyingly glitch, which lasted until the morning. That's how this weather felt. The sounds were also similar. What wasn't though, was her. C.

I didn't pull away from her when she suddenly jumped towards me; but rather, I embraced her. I pulled her into me. I never did that. I couldn't even remember the last time I'd done it. I missed this; even though, it wasn't reminiscent. This was a new kind of experience that I've never been through before - yet, I have. Was it because it was C? Probably.

I closed my eyes as I took in her scent. Soft florals, and like my own, with vanilla. I was used to a strong fragrance - Black Opium, Yves Saint Laurent. It's been forever though. It's not that C's was replacing it, but it was completely different. A different that I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. Like her, it was a unique feeling. My subconscious was telling me to push it away, but there were other parts that wanted things to stay like this. At least for a while. Whatever this was, I didn't want to rush it. We're just two strangers that are becoming friends. Are we friends?

Friends. What truly defines that though? Is it just that two random people meeting one another and they become friends? Or is it that they come to a point and they realise that they have things in common? But even so, strangers, like every single person on this planet, can have many things they both like - or dislike.

Then there are the other words: companion, acquaintance, mate, and best-friend. The added word, 'best', to the friend. What also defines that?

My head was hurting like fuck, from all of this. Why again am I on about actual 'thinking', right now? Oh right, because of the brunette in your arms. The one that you're still holding onto, for who knows how long.

Why do I care about what my mind thinks? I'm just going to do what I feel like; and that is, to pull her even closer to me.

..

A/N:

Okay, so far, this is one of my absolute favourite chapters. I don't know why, but there's something about it.

And oh yeah, Harry sorta hugged Céline. I'm squealing, are you?

What were your thoughts on the chapter?

Another 'oh', do y'all want gifs for each chapters?

I'm also hoping I can update on time next week, if not, please bear with me!

Pretty please, with a cherry on top, press on that little star on the chapter. Those are always nice, little gifts.

Much love!

S x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 576 16
𝐊𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐬 || [𝐀𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐠𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥! 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫] __________________________________________________________________________________ 𝗧𝗵𝗲...
119K 2.6K 104
Daisy Riverson. She was just a university student. Until she got tangled up in his web. ---------------------- Harry Styles. He was just a member of...
1.1K 59 9
BOOK 3 OF 3 Final installment of Harry and Violet's story. - Excerpt from Even If It Hurts (Book 2): "Violet," his voice shakes when he says my name...
2.7K 120 15
Estella Mackey is under high stakes when she decides to take on working at a notorious underground fight club to pay off her father's debts... and wh...