Treat You Better (Bechloe)

Par pitchbechloe

Highest Rankings: #1 in Bechloe, #1 in Beca Mitchell, #1 in Anna Kendrick, #2 in Brittany Snow, #3 in Chloe B... Plus

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 13
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30. Part 1.
Chapter 30. Part 2.

Chapter 12

4.3K 98 40
Par pitchbechloe

Full picture credit goes to @ohmybechloe on Instagram, the picture is not mine, I did not make it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Narrator's POV***

Beca left for her father's house yesterday, although she still didn't know the reason why he wanted her to go. All she knew is that she desperately didn't want to. Beca and her father never got along, but after a recent argument, their relationship had weakened greatly. Beca's father finally expressed his true feelings about her dream to pursue music. He said that a career in music was a waste of time. That the brunette would never make it and she would become an embarrassment to their family as music would never take her anywhere. After Dr Mitchell had said that it was the last straw for Beca, so she cut off all contact with him unless it was urgent.

Beca had only been away for one day and Chloe already missed her like crazy. She had no idea how long her best friend would be away and wasn't sure if she'd be able to make it more than a week without Beca. Chloe was driving herself crazy waiting for the brunette to come home, so she had decided to go for a walk around campus to clear her mind. She loved walking around the campus. Sure, there were some dodgy areas, but the majority of the campus was beautiful and full of life. Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt a buzzing in her pocket. Chloe pulled her phone out to see that Tom was calling her and sighed before answering.

"Hello?"

"Babe, how come you haven't answered my texts?"

"I just need some time to think, Tom."

"Think about what?"

"About what you said the other night, you really hurt me, Tom." Chloe said, her voice softening.

"Babe, I was going to apologize before that bitch, Beca, interrupted us. She's always getting in the way." Tom said, his voice getting angrier as he spoke. Usually Chloe would try to change the subject, but she was sick of him insulting Beca and was getting angrier by the second.

"Fucking hell Tom." she said, catching Tom by surprise as Chloe never swore unless it was really necessary. "Can't you see it's not Beca's fault? Beca's not the one that treats me like shit! Beca actually appreciates me, unlike you. She's always there for me, but you're barely ever there, Tom. Maybe you need to change, not her!" Chloe yelled and hung up the phone before Tom had a chance to reply. "Fuck!" she whispered under her breath as she put her phone back in her pocket and continued to walk to try and calm herself down.

"Chloe?" a voice from behind her said. She spun around to see that it was Jesse.

"Oh. Hey Jesse. What's up?"

"Are you okay? I thought I heard you swear and I know that barely ever happens."

Chloe tried to give a small fake smile, "um, yeah, I'm fine. Just boyfriend troubles."

Jesse let out a small laugh, "I get that. I'll leave you alone to cool off."

"Thanks Jesse." Chloe said appreciatively.

Jesse simply nodded in response and turned around to walk away. But remembered something and spun back around, making Chloe give him a look of confusion. "Have you talked to Beca recently? I talked to her a little while ago and she seemed a bit off."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we were just talking about random stuff and out of the blue she started talking about losing someone that she was in love with but ran off before I could say anything. I don't think she meant to tell me. Do you know what she was talking about?" he asked.

For the first time ever, Chloe had no idea what was wrong with her best friend. Beca had never mentioned anything to her about even liking someone, let alone being in love with them. "I'm not sure, sorry."

"Oh. That's alright, I just figured if she was going to tell anyone, it'd be you." Jesse smiled, "well, I'll let you continue your walk now. See you around, Chloe." He said before walking away.

Chloe, however, stood in the same spot with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 'Beca had never talked about being in love with someone before? Who could it be?' she thought, 'me? No, that's stupid, Chloe. Why would you even think that? She's you're best friend, besides you're both straight anyway.... Right?' Chloe shook her head to rid her thoughts, it was all getting too much for her. She pulled out her phone and sent a text to the person that she knew could make her feel better in a time like this.

Hey Aubrey, feel like a coffee? xx

The blonde replied almost immediately. The pair always made an effort to catch up, since Aubrey's campsite wasn't too far away. But they hadn't been able to see each other lately because they were so busy.

Sure, meet at Coffee House in an hour? xx

See you soon! Chloe replied.

The bell rung as Aubrey walked through the café door, searching for her favorite ginger. She finally spotted Chloe and let out a squeal as she ran towards her best friend, who stood up and embraced her in what felt like the first hug in years, causing everyone in the café to turn their heads to see what was going on.

"I've missed you so much Chloe! Its so good to see you!" Aubrey said as they finally calmed down and took a seat at the table Chloe had chosen next to the window of the café.

"I missed you too Bree! It's been way too long since we've seen each other!"

The girls caught up with each other and talked about how their lives were going as they had their drinks. Chloe ordered a hot chocolate with exactly 3 marshmallows (it wasn't a hot chocolate without the marshmallows according to Chloe) and Aubrey ordered a cappuccino. Chloe was quite surprised by the success of Aubrey's camp grounds, she was so proud of the blonde and had always believed in her every step of the way. Aubrey however, was less than impressed with the Bellas, especially Fat Amy, after the mess they had gotten themselves into. The blonde was already looking forward to whipping them into shape when they arrived at the camp.

"So how are things with Tom going? I haven't heard about him in a while." Aubrey said as she took a sip of her coffee.

Chloe's face tensed in thought, "that's actually what I wanted to talk to you about, Bree. Tom and I aren't really on good terms right now."

"What's going on?" Aubrey said. She felt sorry for Chloe and didn't want her to get hurt, but she always secretly hated Tom and knew that he wasn't right for her best friend.

"I'm not sure..." Chloe said, deep in thought, "something's just changed, it's not the same anymore."

"What's changed?"

"I'm not sure..."

Aubrey nodded, she knew the question she was about to ask might make Chloe mad, but she needed to see if it was a possibility. "Chloe, can I ask you something? Promise me you won't get mad."

Chloe raised her eyebrows but nodded.

Aubrey nodded back and took in a nervous breath. Making sure that she worded her question correctly, she slowly said, "is there any chance that it's not the relationship that's changed, but the person that you're in love with?"

Chloe was surprised by the question but wasn't mad. If she was honest, she had thought about it too. She thought for a second before answering, wanting to make sure she answered truthfully. "I don't know to be honest. I'm not sure who else I would be in love with though?" she questioned.

Aubrey nodded again, she was still nervous that Chloe was going to be mad, but she was never the type of person to avoid anything. So, the blonde continued slowly. "again, please don't get mad. But just consider this for a second. Is there any chance that you might have feelings for... Beca?"

Chloe nearly choked on her drink in shock, "Beca?"

"I know it sounds weird and trust me, the hobbit is still not my favorite person," Aubrey said shaking her head, "but I'd have to be an idiot not to notice the chemistry between you too."

"Beca?" Chloe repeated through coughs from almost choking. Aubrey waited for Chloe to put her mug down and drink some water to control her breathing again. "But she's my best friend." Chloe continued.

"I know Chloe, but just think about it for a second. It's not as crazy as it seems. Everyone can see that there might be something going on between you too. People even ask me if you're dating." Aubrey said as she smiled, "I'm just the first person to say something to you about it because as much as Beca annoys me, I believe that it might be worth considering." She said calmly, trying not to freak the ginger out anymore than she already had.

Chloe nodded slowly, "I would be lying if I said I haven't considered it, but it doesn't matter anyway. Beca doesn't feel that way about me." She said as her expression saddened.

"Beca loves you, you know that. She'll love you no matter what. Don't underestimate her, I've done it before and we both know how that turned out." Aubrey said, which made Chloe let out a sad smile.

"That's true, but I still don't know I feel about her." she said quietly.

"Well, how do you feel when you're with her?"

Chloe raised an eyebrow, "seriously?"

"Dixie Chicks serious." Aubrey prompted.

The ginger thought for a second, wanting to answer truthfully, "I feel happy. I feel like nothing else matters in the world, as long as I have her by my side."

Aubrey smiled, "and how do you feel with you're with Tom?"

Chloe sighed and looked into the mug of hot chocolate in her hands, "When he's not commenting on my body, he makes me feel happy too." she paused, "but not like Beca... I look at Tom and I don't feel safe, but Beca's different. There's something about her eyes that make me feel like the world could fall apart and yet, I would still feel safe with her. When she looks at me, everything else goes out of focus and time freezes... It's like all I can see are her dark blue eyes. And when she sees something that excites her, even if it's the simplest thing like a pair of headphones, her eyes light up. She turns into a kid again. You can see it in her face, she's full of joy. I haven't seen anything like it before." She chuckled, too lost in her own trance to see Aubrey's already massive grin growing even wider. "And when she holds me in her arms, it feels like home. It feels warm, safe... and familiar. Like our bodies are meant to be together. Like we're meant to be together for the rest of our lives." Chloe's eyes were filled with tears and her lips had formed into a sweet smile as she finally looked up at Aubrey, who also had tears in her eyes. She had never heard Chloe talk about anyone in this way and it made her overjoyed to see that someone had made Chloe finally feel so happy. The two girls gave each other a stupidly happy grin and Chloe let out a small laugh. "Holy shit. I'm in love with Beca Mitchell."

"Yes, you are." Aubrey stated, her smile bigger than she thought was possible. "Congratulations, you're officially the last one besides Beca to know." Both girls erupted into laughter. That was until Chloe realized what she just said. She immediately stopped laughing and her eyes grew so wide that Aubrey was worried they'd pop out of her head.

"Holy shit. I'm in love with Beca Mitchell." She repeated.

"Yes... you are."

"Beca. Mitchell. OH MY GOD! WHAT HAVE I DONE? I HAVE A BOY FRIEND AURBEY!" Chloe cried out as she put her head in her hands, making many people in the café turns their heads, again. Aubrey nervously smiled at the people staring around her to let them know everything was fine.

"Okay, Chloe. I need you to calm down-"Aubrey begun but was cut off by a very stressed ginger.

"Calm down?!" Chloe panicked and brought her head out of her hands to look at the blonde. "How can I be calm at a time like this?" First of all, I'm in love with my best friend," she counted on her hands, "second of all I'm gay! Since when was I gay?! Third of all, I have a BOYFRIEND and I'm in love with someone else!"

"Chloe, it's going to be okay! Just take a deep breath." Aubrey comforted as she took the ginger's hands in hers. "First of all, you never know, she might be in love with you too. Second of all, it's okay to be gay. We'll all love you no matter what. Besides, you might be bisexual. You have plenty of time to figure that out. And third of all, it's going to be okay with Tom. He treats you like shit anyway."

"Aubrey!"

"He does, Chloe! He's a jackass! You deserve so much better and you know that."

Chloe took in a deep breath, "I guess you're right... but what do I do Bree?" she said as she put her head back in her hands.

"Start with talking to Tom. Then talk to Beca, see if she feels the same way and go from there. And keep me updated, of course."

The ginger nodded, "Okay."

"Okay?" Aubrey smiled.

"Okay." Chloe smiled back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this took so long! School is whooping my ass.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

6.9K 532 39
Former assassin Beca Mitchell, now working at the secret agent company Phantomeyes, has successfully hidden the president's daughter at Barden Univer...
66.2K 1.7K 29
Chloe has a crush on Beca and she wants to tell her but she's scared of being rejected. Will Aubrey and the other girls be able to help Chloe? And wh...
1.5K 35 21
This is going to be a little story about Beca and Chloe's relationship and friendship. It's a little all over the place, and Beca and Chloe are both...
33.7K 709 21
Beca's life was perfect. She had the girl of her dreams and her best friend Stacie Conrad was by her side in college. One night ruined everything for...