Her Darkness, His Light (Book...

By SJSebastian

"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just th... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Part 1)
Chapter 19 (Part 2)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Part 1)
Chapter 30 (Part 2)
Chapter 30 (Part 3)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (Just for You💖)
Book 2

Chapter 16

112K 4.5K 325
By SJSebastian

Sorry for the long wait guys. Kinda busy these past few days. Anyways enjoy and lemme know your thoughts. Have a great day 💗💗💗💗💗💗

############################

"Hey sleepy head wake up. Time to get ready," there came in a distant voice. Almost like a dream.

Why is it so hard to open my eyes?!

My limbs hurt so badly and I just couldn't move normally.

"Eve! You're gonna be late girl." I felt my body being turned around then I heard gasps.

"What the hell?"

"Oh gosh, her face!" Someone said. "And look at her neck!"

I tried prying my eyes open. To see what's all the commotion about. "Oh you better spit everything out Eve! Or I will force it out of you! Just tell me who I have to kill!"

Beth. Definitely Beth.

I groggily tried to sit up while rubbing my tired eyes. "What's going on?" India asked calmly.

"Why don't you tell us?!!" Beth again.

I ran my hand down my face and winced. I felt where it hurt, near my mouth. From the feel of it, I knew it was badly bruised up. Even my lips were cut.

What am I going to tell them now?

So much for trying to hide everything from everyone. Instead of trying to come up with something rational, I just remained silent and looked at my lap. The whole situation was embarrassing.

I couldn't trust myself to speak, afraid I'd break down. Before anything else happened I felt warmness surround me.
India did not hesitate to wrap me in a bear hug.

"You have to tell us what's going on Eve. Maybe we can help."
I enjoyed the warmth she let out for a few more moments. It felt amazing. Her words were comforting but there was nothing she could do to help.

"There's nothing to say. And there's nothing you and I can do so just let it go," I said sounding emotionless.

"You can't ta...!!"

"Please.....I....I can't lose you guys. Please, Don't ask." I looked into the eyes of the two girls I have now included as my whole world. 

"We can't just watch you go on like this! At least tell us what happened." Beth begged. I simply looked at her with tear filled eyes.

"Oh.....I....I see." She said with her expression seemingly defeated. Which wasn't like Beth at all.

"First thing's first. You need ointment on those bruises. I'll try asking some from Madame Odelle." India got up to leave.

No!! She can't know anything!

"India wait! Don't go to her I'm begging you! There should be some other way." Every word that came out of my mouth made the pain even worse.

The bottom half of my face started to really hurt but I couldn't risk Ms.Odelle finding out. One look at me and that's all it's going to take. "What do you mean? You need some sort of medication Eve! Don't argue about everything."

"She can't see me like this India. She just can't." I whispered.

"Come on you go get ready and have breakfast first." Beth said while helping me up. I wobbled a little before I was able to stand properly. "I'll get her to eat. You go to the garden and find something that could work as a herb to treat her bruises." India then left with a nod.

After cleaning myself up we sat to eat breakfast. Half of the servants had already gone to work.

"He's doing this isn't he?"

"Beth don...."

"You don't have to say anything Eve. India and I aren't as dumb as you think we are. How long did you think you could hide this from us?"

I've never heard Beth sound so serious. Her words were as deep as the look in her eyes. "You know, Alex is worried sick too. You mean the world to him Eve."

"I miss him."

"He misses you too. Both of you have to meet."

"With this face?!" I asked exasperated. "He'll get himself killed by trying to 'help' me." For the first time in my life, I didn't know how to face Alex. What do I say? How do I come up with an explanation? We haven't seen each other in almost two weeks. I ran my hand over my face again and winced.

Why was he hurting me like this?

A hand held mine as I was pondering over this situation. "It's going to be fine. You just gotta stop doing this alone."

"What if something bad happens? What if someone gets hurt?" I started to break down.

"Hey, hey, don't worry. We....we'll figure something out alright? For now just eat Eve. Your weight is worrying."

I could see the uncertainty in her eyes. Beth was determined to help but what could she do? Who was she compared to the most powerful hybrid on Earth?

About fifteen minutes later India walked in on us.

"Here, this won't make the bruises disappear but it will surely help. She presented me a blob of green paste on a small part of a tree bark. "Don't worry these leaves have healing properties. Here let me do it."

With that she took some in her hand and gently applied it on my neck, lips and the corners of my mouth. Only when she reached for my hands did I realize that my knuckles were badly wounded as well. It must be from all the struggling and pushing I did.

How much worse was it going to get?

"All done. Now just leave it to do it's work while we do ours," she gave me one final look before all three of us began to part ways.

"Oh and Eve, no more hiding." She said softly.

Once my friends were out of sight, I was free to feel. My shoulders slumped from exhaustion and I limped my way to his room.

If Beth and India saw my actual physical status they'd surely try to do something and that something might get them into trouble or worse Alex would find out.

That scared me.

I couldn't be completely weak in front of them. I had to at least try to put on a strong exterior.
It took me a fairly long time to reach his room with breakfast. I had to make sure to avoid Alex too.

As I walked into his room, I didn't feel anything. A sense of relief flooded into me.

I say this because whenever he was close there was a cold dark aura that would take over. It simply pulled you deeper into a dark hole. Since I couldn't feel anything, I gladly walked up to my flower to take a look.
To my satisfaction, Flower looked healthy.

That day passed by surprisingly fast and before I knew it, it was already sunset.
I unconsciously pulled up my hood and covered my head.

Another recent habit of mine.

I dreaded this time everyday. I could only hope tonight would be better than last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shakily brought his food up to his chambers then carefully set it up on the table. It only took him seconds to walk in. I shriveled around but kept my gaze down. I knew I looked like a frightened child. Why wouldn't I be? Anyone would if they knew their lives belonged to the Dark Prince.

He walked towards me slowly and sat down at the table. Arms crossed over his chest. I opened up his food.

Just as I was waited for whatever was to happen next, the Dark Prince let out the most unexpected words ever.

"You may leave."

I stiffened. Did I hear him right?

"I said leave."

That was enough to make me dash through the doors.

All the way to the servants' quarters I couldn't help but wonder why he let me go.

I wasn't concentrating while running so I slammed into something. The air got knocked out of my lungs as I fell on my butt.

I groaned as I rubbed my forehead. I squinted my eyes to see what I had hit. When my eyes finally adjusted to the source I honestly thought it was all a dream.

The first thing I recognized was his messy blonde hair.

"Kyle?"

############################

Soooooo that's chapter 16. Short I know. The next chapter will be longer. 🤗🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 1.8K 37
*Previously Take Flight* Eliana is running from her past, and it's chasing her with a vengeance. When her loved ones are murdered before her by a cru...
14.9M 517K 50
#01 in vampire [10.07.2017] #01 in fantasyfiction [14.03.2021] #2 in Prestige awards #03 in thriller [28.05.2018] #02 in romance [04.10.2018] I...
161 28 28
I woke to a sudden breeze invading the warmth from the heavy blanket that caressed my skin. Here, alone with my thoughts, the still, calm quiet in th...
367K 7.6K 45
"Please let me go. I swear I won't tell anyone!" James chuckled. "Oh no princess you're coming with us" David's hand snaked around my waist, he pulle...