The Unexpected Nanny

By JeniRaeD

Story is published on Amazon (kindle and paperback) Smashwords, and more! When Antonio Russo's wife was dying... More

Authors Note
Cast
A/N
1- The news
2- The Decision
3- Introducing Sadie
4- The run in
5- Out of control
October 2020 Breast Cancer awareness SPECIAL!
6-Tension all around
7- Family time
8- Reality hits
9- Her best interest
10- Away from home
11- Time is near
12- Birthday to remember
13- Fly high
14- Saying goodbye
15- Saving a life
16- Heated passion
17- We need to talk
18- The talk
19- Uninvited guest
20- Talking to Ethan
21- The date
22- Confession
23- Finding the journal
24- Harlow's love
25- Moving on
26- Honoring Harlow
27- A gift for Antonio
28- Antonio's love
29- The guests
30- Surprise!
31- Sadie vs. Giorgia
32- Visiting Harlow
33- Birthday surprise
34- Mystery woman
35- Explanation
36- Truth will set you free
37- Feeling the love
39-Love of a lifetime
40- Love all around
41- Epilogue
42-Bonus Chapter
Additional Cast
Authors Note
Perfect Tribute to Harlow
Update 😁😁😉😉
Heads up

38- Making decisions

54.6K 2.7K 522
By JeniRaeD

It's been four days since Sadie had the babies. The doctors wanted to keep Sadie and the babies in the hospital a little longer to monitor them, and to make sure that everything was OK before they released them from the hospital.

Sadie and Antonio still hadn't come to an agreement on naming the babies, and continued going back and forth with the names, trying to come to an agreement.

"I like Harper a lot for a girl, and Luca for a boy." Sadie says to Antonio.

"I do like Luca, it's an Italian name." he smirked "But Harper is too close to Harlow." He looked down at his little girl and smiled at her.

"Well... how about Alessandra or Liliana? I believe those are Italian names, and they're a couple names that I had on my list." Sadie says.

"I like Liliana the best, is that what you would like to name her?"

"Hmm, I do like Adriana too." Sadie sighed, not wanting to make up her mind.

"We have to choose soon; they are expecting to release you and the kids today."

"Let's go with Liliana and Luca." Sadie says smiling, wanting to hurry before she changed her mind again.

"And the middle names?" he asked.

"I was thinking Hunter for Luca, and originally I had a middle name picked out for Liliana, but I don't think you'll like it... I thought of possibly Harlow, even Ethan brought it up the other day, but if not, we could go with maybe Harper? I just thought it would be a nice memorial for what she did for us."

Antonio sat there thinking for a bit "I don't know..." he sighed, still not caring to have her name involved with their children's names.

"Well... I guess that'll work, if that's what you really would like to do." He didn't want to argue about it anymore, and just wanted to get them all home.

"Are you sure?"

"If that's what you want, then it's fine with me, I'll go let them know that we decided on the names, and get us out of here."

Antonio handed her Liliana, and left the room to find the nurse, and to see about finally getting out of the hospital. Sadie sat in the bed holding Luca and Liliana and stared at them, she thought they were the most precious things she ever laid her eyes on. "I cannot believe your daddy and I made you two. I never thought that I could ever love anyone so much, as I do you two." She says quietly to them.

Antonio was able to get Sadie and the babies discharged, and brought them home. Once they walked in the door, the girls were ecstatic to see them and wanted to see the babies. Antonio carried them while in their car seats into the living room, and set them down for the girls to look. Everyone had to chuckle, watching the girls talk to them.

"What are their names?" Isabella asked.

"Luca Hunter, and Liliana Harlow." Sadie says with a smile.

"She has mommy's name!" Gabriella excitedly yelled "Can we hold them?"

Antonio and Sadie took the babies out of their car seats and had the girls sit on the couch. They sat down next to the girls and helped them hold their brother and sister.

Grace and Giorgia walked into the living room wanting to see the babies, Antonio and Sadie got up so they could sit next to the girls. Sadie figured it was perfect timing for her to go clean up and change. Antonio sat with Giovanni talking about his future, while keeping an eye on his little ones.

"Have you decided if you're moving here or going back home to Paris?" Antonio asked his dad.

"Well I think Giorgia wants to stay here, she says she's been away from you far too long, and that she wants to be able to see the grandkids more."

"I'm sure the kids would like that."

"We both would actually enjoy it." Giovanni says, thinking it would be nice to move away from the tourist attraction.

Ethan came over and brought his girlfriend along, wanting to see the babies and to finally introduce the girl that he has been seeing for about six months now.

Sadie was coming down the stairs as they were walking in. "Oh hi!" Sadie says, as she looked at Ethan and to the girl, standing next to him.

"Come in."

Antonio got up to shake Ethan's hand and then patted him on the back. Ethan stood behind the girl he brought holding onto her shoulders. "Antonio, Sadie I'd like for you to finally meet Melissa." He then started singing in her ear 🎶Sweet Melissa🎶 she turned around "Stop, you're embarrassing me." She said quietly, she turned around and her cheeks were beet red.

Sadie could tell that Ethan was embarrassing her and that she felt nervous being around them, she smiled at her and held out her hand "Nice to meet you, I'd have to say it's about time we met."

"Yes, it's about time." she said quietly, not sounding too thrilled.

Ethan looked over at Antonio smiling, mouthing watch this as he pointed to Melissa. "Melissa works at Little Caesars, cause she's hot and I'm ready." he says, while grinding on her.

"No, I don't!" she hissed, she turned around and gave him the stink eye. "Ethan, I swear, stop it... I don't even know these people." she whispered loudly.

"My bad. Simmer down there pretty lady, you should know me by now, I'm just having a little fun with you... I'm sorry...." he says caressing her arms "They already know I'm messing with you."

Melissa looked at him, not being impressed. She looked back at Sadie and changed the subject "I do love babies; I would love to see the little ones."

Sadie walked Melissa over to the babies while Ethan talked with Antonio, going into his office. "Have you had any luck finding Sadie's father?" Ethan asked, grabbing Antonio's hidden stash of bourbon from the drawer, then taking a swig off the bottle.

"Careful, don't be going out there smelling like booze, then Sadie will know I have a hidden bottle in here." Antonio says, grabbing the bottle away from Ethan "And no, I haven't found him. Well... he hasn't called back and I'm pretty sure he's the one."

"Where is he living? Maybe I can help and make a special visit?"

"He's living in Portland, Oregon. I'm not sure if it's worth going out there, talking to a man who abandoned his daughter, or should I say abandoned Grace while pregnant with Sadie?"

"It's worth a shot, he's older now, so you would think maybe he might want to know who she is? I don't mind going to talk with him."

"I guess it's completely up to you, I'll fly you there if you really want to do it. Otherwise we can forget it all. I'm sure Grace doesn't want to see him either."

The next day Ethan took a flight to Portland, looking to see if he could find Scott. Once he arrived, he checked into a hotel and ordered a cab ride, taking him to the address that Antonio wrote down for him.

When he got there, he asked the driver if he could wait for a bit, letting him know that he would pay him extra, to which the driver agreed. Ethan walked up to the house, located at the corner of the street. It was an older home, and looked like a nice home, all it really needed was a paint job. He knocked on the door and stood there for about five minutes, then walked around the house making sure someone still lived there. As he looked around, there was a middle-aged man standing outside next door watering his plants, Ethan walked over to him, asking questions.

"Excuse me, you wouldn't happen to know if Scott Kline lives here, do you?"

"Ah, yea." he says, running a hand through his hair, looking at him cautiously. "He should be home in about an hour or so."

"OK, thank you. I'll just stop back later."

Ethan walked back to his ride, and had him take him back to the hotel. He walked into the bar of the hotel and ordered some food, and a beer, figuring that he should eat something before heading back over to Scott's home.

While eating his food, he checked the inside pocket of his jacket, making sure that he had the pictures that Antonio gave him. He looked at them for a minute, then put them back. A woman came over to him and sat down directly across from him at his table.

"Hello there." she says, batting her eyes at him.

He looked up while taking a bite of his burger "Hello." he says, mouth full of food.

"How come you're here all by yourself?"

"I'm here on business. Can I help you with something?"

"You could start with buying me a drink." she said smiling pretty, using her finger and sliding the diamond on her necklace side to side, trying to turn him on.

Ethan set his burger down and grinned. "You know, your eyes tell me a lot of things, but the only thing you haven't told me is your name."

"Kara."

"Look... Kara, I'm not here to meet anyone, I'm here on business, trying to eat my burger. I'm already involved with someone, and if she saw you here talking to me, I'd be putting my money on her that she would win the cat fight."

Kara stood up and huffed "Asshole." she barked.

"Yes, I have one, thanks for noticing." he laughed while she stormed away. He finished his burger and beer, after paying he went on his way.

He arrived back at Scott's house, and noticed a couple cars in the driveway. Figuring that he was home, he sent the driver away and headed back over to the door. As he knocked, he started feeling a little nervous, but calmed himself down when he thought of Sadie and her kids.

A beautiful woman with long dark hair possibly in her fifties answered the door, he figured that he better act professional since he wanted to say something else when she answered the door. "Can I help you?" she asked.

"Yes, I'm looking for Scott Kline, wondering if I can talk to him for a few minutes."

"What is this in regards to?" she asked, looking at him curiously.

"My name is Ethan, and its regarding a very good friend of mine and her mother."

She looked at him oddly, calling for Scott to come to the door. Ethan stood outside looking around until the door opened back up, and Scott walked outside.

"What can I help you with?"

Ethan extended his hand out, shaking his hand "My name is Ethan, I'm here for a woman named Sadie." Scott shook his head, confused "I don't know of any Sadie's."

"Of course, that's right... but you may know her mother Grace... Grace Hart?"

He stared at Ethan for a moment "I haven't heard that name in like thirty years."

"So, you do know her, at least her mother." Ethan says scratching his head.

"I do, what's this all about?"

"Her fiancé sent me to find you, Sadie just delivered twins a few days ago, and they're getting married in a couple months. He would have come, but with double duties of the twins, she needed all the help that she can get, plus helping with their older twins. Anyway, he would really like for you to come to their wedding, and for you to meet your daughter as well as your grandkids."

Ethan went on explaining about what happened to Grace and Sadie, and how Sadie was just reunited with her mother a few months ago. He then showed him a picture of Sadie. Scott sat in the swing that was on the front porch staring at the picture, Ethan then handed him a picture of the twins.

"Antonio said that you can keep the pictures."

"Antonio?"

"Sadie's fiancé." he says, handing him the wedding invitation. "Here take this, all the information is in this packet. I know that you don't know her, but I hope you find it in your heart to finally meet the daughter you never knew. You would be impressed with her."

Scott sat there looking like he was in shock, and wiped away sweat from his forehead. He opened the packet, looking at to what was all inside. "I'm not sure I can do this, I don't know her, and my wife has no clue I got another woman pregnant."

"Well then, that's too bad. You missed out on twenty-seven years of her life, it's not too late to get to know her now, but then again that's your choice." Ethan shook his hand "Thanks for your time anyway, think about it."

He left Scott's house and called Antonio, letting him know that he had found the right guy, he also filled him in that it didn't look good for him to be showing up there anytime soon.

"Sorry Antonio, I tried. I thought I had him convinced, he stared at those pictures for a while. Even forming a smile when he was looking at them. But he insists that it's a no go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 4.8K 52
Book 3 of 3 Highly recommend you read books 1 and 2 first. Mel just moved back to New York City. She left four years ago after the love of her life...
441K 24.3K 26
Tiffany is 26, she left L.A. during her husbands work party after secretly signing annulment papers with her attorney earlier in the day, instructing...
267K 18K 38
A HEA second chance comedy/action-packed/adventure sports romance story. Gunner wasn't looking for love; he was on a mission to find justice for his...
193K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...