My Nerd Project

xcandie_bunnieX

Alan and Blaine. Blaine and Alan. That's how it's always been. Alan is seen as a nerd while Blaine is a popul... Еще

Chapter 1: Get it?
Chapter 2: Way to Kill a Mood
Chapter 3: Lunchtime Isn't Only For Eating
Chapter 4: Jocks are Every-Where
Chapter 5: Sign here, here, AND here!
Chapter 6: Step #1: Your Hair
Chapter 7: Step #2- Ditch the Glasses
Chapter 8: Making Things Clear
Chapter 9: Come With Me and I'll Teach You How To.. Do Homework?
Chapter 10: I Don't Know What's Up!
Chapter 11: I DOn't CARE
Chapter 12: It's What I Think That Counts
Chapter 13: I Work Out
Chapter 14: It's Whatever
Chapter 15: That's a Plus
Chapter 16: Dibs
Chapter 17: Well That's Just Weird
Chapter 18: Could I Just Gain Other Friends?
Chapter 19: So Mom Thinks It's Cool
Chapter 20: Did That Count?
Chapter 21: Thanks For That
Chapter 22: Talking After Dinner
Chapter 23: Phone Calls
Chapter 24: It's The Books
Chapter 25: I Know You Know
Chapter 26: Tutors With Plans
Chapter 28: Bad Morning
Chapter 29: Dates?
Chapter 30: What You Feel Is Right
Chapter 31: Stupid, Stupid
Chapter 32: Please Just..
Chapter 33: I Insist
Blaine's POV**
Chapter 34: Talking Is Usually A Good Thing
Chapter 35: Can We Rewind?
Chapter 36: It's What She Said
Chapter 37: What To Expect / Jesse's POV**
Chapter 38: Not A Bad Boy
Chapter 39: Well...
Chapter 40: Reading The Guide
Chapter 41: Movie Tickets
Chapter 42: Mission: Success
Chapter 43: How To Be.. A Nerd
Epilogue

Chapter 27: Milkshakes

4.5K 154 9
xcandie_bunnieX

I just celebrated my birthday this past Tuesday, awesomest b-day! I had an amazing time and got an iPhone 5! :D

Back to the story :)

~~

Because today was a gym day, I told Blaine I would pick her up to get milkshakes at 5. She agreed.

I went home to grab my gym bag and texted my mom to tell her my plans for the rest of the day. I also changed out of my uniform and wore a plain white t-shirt and black sweat pants. I considered leaving my glasses, but I kept them on.

Kevin texted he was outside, so I grabbed my gym bag and left, locking the door behind me. The sun was beaming today, but it still was chilly.

"Hey guys," I greeted, getting into the backseat of Kevin's car.

"Sup." Kevin said as Jesse said, "Hey."

"What's up?" I said, putting my gym bag in the middle seat.

"Nothing much," Jesse said putting his arms behind his head. "You?"

"Nothing." I said shaking my head. A song was playing on the radio and I couldn't remember the name of it. So, I started to look out the window.

"Hey Jess, did Nick really get suspended for skipping?" Kevin asked while driving past Charlie's house.

"He did, and I told him that would happen." Jesse shaking his head annoyed.

"Wasn't that his last warning?" Kevin asked curiously.

"Yeah. Coach said he wants Nick out, and for me to look for someone else to take his position, but I'm still looking." Jesse said moving his hands from behind his head and turning to me, "Alan, you wanna join the football team?"

"I-uh-no! I don't want to get killed out there, no thanks." I said immediately. They both chuckled at my fast response.

"We have better chance recruiting the new girl at our lunch table." Kevin said amused. I tapped my fingers on the window.

"Who Sidney?" I asked wondering where she was these past few days during lunch.

"Nah, but she does have a good throw." Kevin said with a chuckle as if he was thinking of a funny memory, "I was talking about the girl who didn't mind rejecting sitting with us."

"Charlie?" I said a little surprised that Kevin brought her up.

"Yeah, you know those two girls, right?" Kevin said as he stopped at a red light. I nodded.

"Yeah, we go way back. Charlie's actually my neighbor." I said. "She introduced me to Lily. They were already best friends when I met them."

"Didn't that Lily girl diss you and Blaine?" Jesse said annoyed, texting on his phone.

"Shelly was edging her though to take her side." Kevin defended.

"So? That doesn't mean she turns her back on her friends." Jesse said not looking up from his phone. "She was glaring at Blaine the whole time."

"She was?" I said surprised, wondering how I missed this. "Every time I looked at her, she turned away." I said voicing my thoughts.

"I saw her glaring too." Kevin admitted. "I didn't mind sending back a dirty look."

"What?" I felt like they had to be messing with me. "Lily Myers? I don't believe it." I said thinking back to lunch. Charlie and Lily were both super sweet, there's no way.

"It's obvious what happened, you friend-zoned her." Jesse said looking up his phone and looking at me.

"I- what?" I asked confused.

"Remember we told you about the friend-zone, the first time we took you to the gym?" Jesse said looking amused. I thought back at that.

"Where people treat each other like friends?" I said recounting the memory.

"Yeah."

"And you guys think that's why she's mad?" I said not knowing what to feel. She's mad because I'm her friend? Is it because I changed so much? "But I'm not even that different than before."

"Eh." Jesse said getting back to his phone.

"Huh." I said, leaning back in my seat. So she was going to shun out Blaine too? Just because we're together? I didn't want to lose Lily as a friend; I'm gonna talk to her tomorrow. I pulled out my phone, looking at the contacts. I made sure everyone's names were spelled correctly and changed Blaine's name from "Impossible" to "Blaine :)".

"What grade is she in? That Charlie girl?" Kevin asked. I looked up at the change of subject.

"A year below us. Sophomore why?" I asked confused. He shrugged.

"Just curious. It's not fair to have one of the best friends at the table and not the other one." He said innocently. Jesse gave him a flat look. I was surprised he said that after he just admitted to giving Lily a dirty look.

"I'll invite her to sit with us tomorrow." I said, maybe that will get Lily to lighten up and work things out.

"That's so nice of you to be concerned." Jesse said sarcastically to Kevin. Kevin gave us a sheepish look. And it was my turn to give him a flat look when realization hit me.

"Don't even think about it."

~~

"Do you guys want to grab milkshakes with Blaine and me later?" I asked them while we were doing sit-ups.

"No way, you guys get too gross when you're together." Jesse said shaking his head.

"No we don't." I said rolling my eyes.

"Eh." Kevin said staying passive.

"Plus that's more of a date scene." Jesse added.

"We could invite Sidney too." I offered.

"Nah, DJ Sid always gets busy when she has a party coming up. She's getting the tracks and equipment ready." Jesse said doing the sit-ups faster than me.

"She loves it though so that's cool." Kevin said, holding Jesse's feet while Jesse did the sit-ups.

"That's good." I said hoping she didn't feel overwhelmed or anything. She looked pretty excited about it though.

"You and Blaine enjoy your milkshakes," Jesse said finishing his last sit-up. "I'm going to be looking at the record books, seeing who I should put in Nick's spot." Kevin held out a hand for him.

"Count me in." Kevin said as Jesse grabbed his hand and got up.

"I'm thinking of Louis..."

~~

"Two straws as promised." I said as I put them in the milkshake. I pushed it towards Blaine. Then I kept my milkshake near me. "I get my own though."

"Wow. You're so romantic Alan." She said sarcastically. I laughed.

"You love it." I replied as I took back a straw and put in my milkshake. I then grabbed a cinnamon bread stick and took a bite. "These are so good." I said instantly. She nodded and took one.

"That's so true," she said.

"They're almost as sweet as you." I said with an amused smile knowing she was about to scold me. She just rolled her eyes at me.

"Got anything more original?" She said holding back a smile. I bit my lip, trying to keep in a laugh.

"Maybe with that cinnamon on your lips, you'll taste extra sweet." I said shrugging. She gave me a surprised look, at which I couldn't help but laugh at. I was half-joking.

"I think you're hanging out with Jesse too much." She said shaking her head, laughing. She took another cinnamon stick.

"Well, you are looking extremely beautiful, what did you expect me to say?" I said feeling nervous but loving that she actually felt the need to dress up for me. It made me feel this felt important to her too.

"You're right, next time, I'll wear sweats." She said with a chuckle. She said next time, which means she must be looking forward to more dates. I mentally cheered in happiness. She can definitely wear whatever she wants. Mustering up some more courage, I leaned over the table to give her a quick kiss hoping she knows how special she is to me. She looked back at me with a smile. I smiled back at her as I leaned back into my seat.

"What was that for," she asked me. I shook my head, still smiling and drank some of my milkshake.

"Just 'cause." I answered. She chuckled.

"Fine but this milkshake is still mine." She said pulling hers closer to her. I noticed then that mine was halfway done. I rolled my eyes at her and playfully smiled at her.

"What happened to sharing a milkshake with two straws?" I asked and she just laughed, shaking her head.

"Not gonna happen." She said her eyes filling with amusement.

"Fine, but for the record." I said grabbing another cinnamon stick, "You do taste extra sweet." I said as she hit my shoulder, and I started to laugh. My hands went up like I'm surrendering.

"Alan!" She said holding back her laugh. I continued laughing.

"I'm just kidding, well sort of anyways."

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

23.9K 577 22
❝ it's affection always, you're gonna see it someday. my attention for you, even if it's not what you need❞ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 a cheerleader and a footb...
117K 1.6K 100
Everything is starting on my senior year. I date my brother's best friend who is the football player and one of the most popular kids in school. Unti...
7.4K 225 19
❝ THEY ALWAYS TALK ABOUT 'THE COLE EFFECT' WHAT THEY SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT IS 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓. ━━ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 Heather and Alex...
271K 7K 45
Imagine your soul mate's name is 'tatted' in black on your arm at birth.Imagine, when you meet them it turns from black to blue and then when you two...