All Too Well

By madisonhigs

Luca Taylor thought her life was a constant routine of bad news and bad outcomes all compiling in to create o... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
1D

Chapter 16

18.3K 482 41
By madisonhigs

Please vote x

It felt like hours that I stood thinking about the images of Harry's lips on mine, I cursed my body for reacting so simply to his touch, allowing myself to fall under the spell that I so desperatly wanted. I pulled myself off the door and walked back over to the couch were I was sitting earlier, my pasta was now cold and the episode that I was watching had finished, usually both of those situations would annoy me, however due to the euphoric state my mind and body were currently in, I didn't really mind. I picked the bowl up and placed it in the sink before grabbing a banana and heading to the bedroom. The large king bed was centered in the middle of the room with two antique white night stands on either side,  my make-up table was placed just underneath the window and the full length mirror hung behind the door, the room felt incredibly modern and clean, almost untouchable. I pulled down the crisp white sheet and climbed into the bed, tiredness hung over my body like a bad smell and I could feel myself slowly drifting off. 

My alarm  blared through the room, blatantly waking me, however I was actually quite excited to face the day for a change, I rolled out of bed and opened up the large double doored wardrobe in search of todays outfit, I pulled out a dark blue pencil skirt with a small slit up the left side and matched it with a black button down blouse, the outfit was boring yet professional. I applied a small amount of make-up and pulled all of my hair into a low pony tail, letting the front strands fall down around my ears.  I headed out to the kitchen and made myself a coffee to go before racing out the door. The magazines that Harry had dropped were still in the spot he kicked them and I found myself yet again replaying the images in my mind. 

"Someones happy?" The morning brazed accent addressed.

"Oh good morning," I politely replied. This was the first time I had ran into the guy from the park since moving into the apartment complex, he was yet again dressed head to toe in black, the only difference being his hair was now pushed up the middle of his head, now exposing both shaved sections. 

"Where do you work? You look overly professional." I took a small sip of my coffee before hesitantly replying to his comment.

"Ah, I work as an editor at Confession Magazine, how about you? You look incredibly under dressed for any normal job." He let out a small chuckle before pulling out a cigarette from his packet and placing it behind his ear.

"An editor how fancy, i'm in a band so we don't really need a dress code love." What was with me and band members lately, they seemed like the only kind of people that took any form of interest in my life.

"Wow thats awesome, whats your band called?" I smiled, he didn't really strike me as a pop kind of guy so chances are I would have know idea who they were.

"We're called The 1975, we actually have a gig on tomorrow night, you should come and check it out," He exclaimed, now lighting the cigarette in between his teeth as we approached the taxi stand. 

"I'm not sure if i'm free just yet but if I am then i'll stop by," I explained, he took the smoke between his fingers and smiled before walking down the street and unlocking his black jeep. 

I hailed a cab and before I knew it I was walking through the doors again to the Confession building, Gia was already waiting in my office with a bag of muffins and coffee in one hand and a handful of papers in the other, she insisted on taking my coat and congratulated me on my first story. I turned on the computer and scrolled through the numerous emails I had recieved since yesterday, I was shocked by the immense attention my piece had recieved and the positive feedback towards the work I had produced, email after email with questions regarding Harry and my relationship and also several lists of other "gossip" related stories, John Forman the director wanted me to address in next weeks addition. I sifted through the folders Gia had placed on my desk and picked out the most interesting stories to consume my time with. 

The day moved incredibly quickly and I had written five seperate articles all regarding different outcomes of Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom's recent divorce. I emailed through the drafts to John and packed up my things for the day. I had managed to keep tonights "date" off my mind for a majority of the afternoon however it was now all I could think about. I exited the building and swiftly walked towards the taxi stand, the wind made the temperature feel one hundred times colder then it was and I couldn't wait to get inside the warmth. The cab driver pulled up to the curb of my apartment and I handed him a twenty dollar bill before running into the foyer of the complex, I took the elevator to my level and jimmied the key inside the door. The warmth enclosed my body like an envelope and I quickly headed to my bedroom to prepare for tonights dinner. I through on a pair of high waisted black jeans and tucked in a fluffy knitted jumper before sliding my feet into a pair of Eamon black boots. I touched up my makeup and let my hair fall out of the ponytail, the kink from the elastic gave my hair some natural volume and over all I was quite impressed with the way I looked. I pulled out my phone and was alerted by a text message from Harry is the Bestest:

Leaving in 5, look forward to seeing you. H x.  It read.

The butterflies returned to my stomach and I sat down on the edge of the bed while I waited for Harry.  I hadn't spent a lot of time thinking about him  as a "celebrity", maybe it was because I spent my entire career writing about people like him, I don't really know but I decided to go onto twitter and search his name. His name was "approved" with the official blue tick and I was shocked when I saw twenty one million people followed his page, I scrolled through the pictures and his most recent tweets and came to the conclusion that he was a bit alternative when it came to social media. I was interupted from my search with a message from Harry, he was waiting in the underground parking again. I shut my phone, grabbed my coat and headed for the elevator. 

His range rover stood out like a sore thumb amongst the other cars in the carpark and Harry was standing against the boot of the car dressed in black skinny jeans and a black Calvin Klein jumper, he looked impeccable. He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek and his familiar scent engulfed me once again. We drove out of the small carpark and out onto the busy London road.

"You look lovely Luca," Harry nervously confessed.

"So do you Harry, great choice of pants again," I saracastically remarked causing Harry to laugh. He ran his hands through his thick curls and checked the time.

"We have a reservation at seven thirty at Harwood Arms, they have amazing food there so I hope you're hungry,"

I nodded and watched out the window as the busy streets passed by, the lights from the surrounding buildings had lit up the water and it appeared to be dancing due to the reflection.

"This city is so gorgeous, I should've moved here earlier," I stated, still looking out at the passing traffic.

"It's proper gorgeous in Summer, the sun sets over the water and it's honestly amazing, you'd love it," Harry described, before pulling into a side street. He let out a puff of air in a defeated sigh and picked up his phone.

"Everything okay,?" 

"Yeah everythings fine, there's just going to be a stack of papparazi outside the restaurant so I just want to wait until Preston gets here before we do anything, they can be so full on sometimes so I'm sorry." His voice was low and masked with annoyance. To be honest I hadn't even thought about the papparazi or the stories that would come out of tonights sighting, I knew that this probably wouldn't be the last time I had to write about Harry and my relationship, I just didn't think right now was the best time to think about it.  Moments later a black tinted SUV pulled up in front of us and a large man stepped out from the drivers seat. Harry unbuckled his belt and opened the door, shaking Preston's hand.

"This is Luca," He introduced, Preston extending his arm for a handshake. 

We stepped up onto the curb and Preston walked ahead of us, we turned the corner and were automatically greeted with bright flashes from cameras and Harry's name being shouted in all directions. Harry walked next to me, tucking his arm around my waist and keeping me close to his side, his body was warm dispite the freezing London air and his hand was firm but gentle pushed in against my waist. Preston led us up the concrete stairs were the restaurant was located and into through the fibre glass doors. Harrys hand remained around my waist until we reached our table. 

HOPE YOUR ALL ENJOYING THE STORY SO FAR! Thanks for all the reads :) 
So i've decided to "mentally" cast Isabel Lucas as the role of Luca, she's an Australian actress/model and shes so gorgeous and she also is someone I picture this character looking like! I've spent all day creating a trailer for my book so it's going to be linked in the side bar, i'd love if you guys could all watch it and let me know your thoughts and stuff!

Thanks so much for reading and follow me on twitter - madisonhigs x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 44.7K 90
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
761K 35.7K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
981K 38.9K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
634K 9.9K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...