The Unexpected Nanny

By JeniRaeD

Story is published on Amazon (kindle and paperback) Smashwords, and more! When Antonio Russo's wife was dying... More

Authors Note
Cast
A/N
1- The news
2- The Decision
3- Introducing Sadie
4- The run in
5- Out of control
October 2020 Breast Cancer awareness SPECIAL!
6-Tension all around
7- Family time
8- Reality hits
9- Her best interest
10- Away from home
11- Time is near
12- Birthday to remember
13- Fly high
14- Saying goodbye
15- Saving a life
16- Heated passion
17- We need to talk
18- The talk
19- Uninvited guest
20- Talking to Ethan
21- The date
22- Confession
23- Finding the journal
24- Harlow's love
25- Moving on
26- Honoring Harlow
27- A gift for Antonio
28- Antonio's love
29- The guests
31- Sadie vs. Giorgia
32- Visiting Harlow
33- Birthday surprise
34- Mystery woman
35- Explanation
36- Truth will set you free
37- Feeling the love
38- Making decisions
39-Love of a lifetime
40- Love all around
41- Epilogue
42-Bonus Chapter
Additional Cast
Authors Note
Perfect Tribute to Harlow
Update 😁😁😉😉
Heads up

30- Surprise!

61K 3.2K 809
By JeniRaeD

Sadie was taking a shower when Antonio came in to join her, helping her wash up. He turned her around and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, looking down at her stomach with a smile. "You're really showing, and I'm loving this beautiful glow about you."

"I know, I can't hide it much longer."

"Have you thought about telling the girls yet? You're almost five months along now." he says, giving her a kiss. "My mom will figure it out you know."

"I'm sure she would, thanks for not telling her. I can honestly see her saying something about it, with the girls around."

"It's true, she doesn't know how to keep a secret very well." He placed his hand on her stomach, rubbing it. "We should tell them today."

He bent down, placing kisses on her stomach "I can't wait to meet you, little one." he grinned, standing back up "Don't you have a doctor's appointment today?"

"I do have one this afternoon, they were going to do an ultrasound and see if they could see what the sex was. We could always surprise them by having them there with us, they'll be able to know if they are possibly having a brother or sister." she smiled.

"If that is how you would like for them to find out, that's fine with me, they might even enjoy seeing it on the screen."

She bit down on her bottom lip thinking "How are we going to leave, and not tell your parents where we're going?"

"I'll just tell them that we have some running around to do." he says, kissing her before heading out of the shower.

Antonio took Bella outside for her to do her duties, his mom happened to be outside and walked over to him. "Nice morning isn't it." he says to her; he could tell that she had something on her mind after seeing the look on her face.

"It is nice out; I still don't see why you went through all the trouble by placing us out here." sounding snarky.

"Do you not like it? I really thought that you might enjoy it."

"It's nice, I'm just surprised about it since you never went through all this trouble before, we're here to visit, and right now I feel that we're not welcome." She looked at the guest house and back over to him, looking bothered. "It's like we're still so far away."

Antonio laughed "You're right outside my house, takes you about a minute to walk in."

"I still do not like it."

Antonio looked up in the air and sighed, then called for Bella. Giorgia stood there, still looking displeased with Antonio. "Sadie and I have some running around to do with the girls today, she planned on making dinner when we get back, you're welcome to the house while were gone."

"Where are you going?" she asked curiously.

Bella ran up to Antonio, jumping up for him to pick her up, he leaned down, and picked up and looked at Giorgia. "School is starting soon, and we have to get the kids signed up for kindergarten, we also have some other things we need to get done." he says, opening the door for her.

Sadie was in the kitchen making breakfast, and the girls were sitting at the table coloring. Giorgia sat down at the table, talking to the girls. She stopped talking when she saw Antonio walk up behind Sadie, and leaned over, kissing her cheek. She gave them a dirty look and turned back to the girls.

After breakfast, Antonio and Sadie left with the girls, getting them signed up for school, and then over to the doctors. Sadie was excited for the girls to finally find out that they were having another sibling soon.

They sat in the waiting room waiting to be called back, and Gabriella looked at Antonio with a strange look. "Why are we here daddy?" Gabriella asked, looking worried. He pulled her on his lap, and slid some hair away from her face "You'll see soon." he smiled.

She then looked over at Sadie with a scared look. "Oh honey, everything is fine, we have something to show you girls." Sadie says, not wanting her to think anything was wrong.

Sadie was called, and they followed the nurse back to the room. While Sadie sat on the table waiting for the doctor to come in, Isabella and Gabriella sat on the chair looking around the office, wondering why they were there.

The doctor came in smiling at the girls. "Well hello there, are you excited to see why you're here?" the doctor asked the girls. Antonio informed the nurse earlier, to let the doctor know that the girls didn't know anything yet, and that they were here to surprise them.

Sadie laid on the table while the girls stood next to her, watching what the doctor was doing. "Well here it is girls, you're both going to be a big sister." he smiled, pointing at the baby on the screen. The girls began jumping up and down, excited and full of smiles.

The doctor continued moving the wand around while looking at the screen taking measurements, making sure everything looked OK. A strange expression came across his face, one that Antonio noticed and wasn't sure if it was a good thing or bad thing.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked, feeling his heart become heavy. The look on the doctor's face, had him remembering the past with Harlow, and thought it looked all to familiar to something being wrong with the baby.

The doctor smiled "No, no, no. Nothing is wrong, it's just that we have a little one here that likes to hide."

Antonio gave him a confused look "What do you mean by that?"

He pointed to the screen, and tapped on it. "Here is baby number one, and that right there, would be baby number two. I don't know how it was missed before, but it does happen. They both measure the same size and everything looks normal."

Antonio sat down, in shock "Wow, I'm just..."

Sadie laughed "Not only did the girls get a surprise, so did you."

"This is unbelievable." he says smiling, looking at the screen again.

"Would you still like to know the sex, or keep up with the surprises?" asked the doctor, chuckling.

"No more surprises." Antonio joked.

"Well then, baby number one is a boy, and your sneaky baby number two is a girl, congratulations."

"Awe." Sadie grinned while looking at Antonio. He was happy, surprised and had tears forming in his eyes, Sadie reached her hand up, and wiped the tears out of his eyes.

The doctor printed them some pictures, as well as another two sets, after Sadie asked for two more copies of each picture. On the way home Antonio was still in shock, and the girls couldn't stop talking about how they were having a new brother and another sister.

Sadie turned around to talk to the girls "Make sure you don't tell grandma and grandpa; we're going to surprise them." she instructed.

"OK momma." says Isabella.

"Promise?" Sadie questioned, lowering her one eyebrow.

"We promise." Gabriella said.

Sadie called Ethan, having him come over for dinner. Letting him know that they were going to be surprising him and Antonio's parents. Knowing Sadie was having a hard time with Giorgia, he couldn't wait to be there when they finally told her that Sadie is pregnant.

Sadie and the girls walked in the house, and her mouth dropped when she saw the living room. Sadie got upset, and went back outside to talk to Antonio.

He was grabbing the groceries out of the vehicle, and saw the expression on Sadie's face. Oh Shit, if looks could kill I'm dead he muttered under his breath. "What did she do or say now?" he asked, knowing that it was about his mother.

"I didn't want to go in any further after what I just saw, but she rearranged the damn living room." she snapped, crossing her arms.

Antonio took a deep breath, and sighed "I'll go talk to her, let me bring these in first."

Antonio brought in the groceries, and noticed the living room, shaking his head. He went to the guest house and saw her sitting at the table reading a book. "You're finally home." she smiled.

"What were you thinking?" Antonio snapped.

Giovanni walked into the kitchen after hearing Antonio snapping at Giorgia, and looked at Giorgia not too happy. "What's going on here?" he asked.

Antonio looked at him, upset "Ask her." He held his hand out to Giorgia "Ask her what she did."

"What on earth did you do now, Giorgia?"

She sat there smiling at the two, while sitting in the chair, and thinking that she did nothing wrong. "What? I just cleaned and made the house look more like it should. It makes more sense now." Giorgia says, looking down at her book.

Giovanni looked over at Antonio, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, she will go right back in there and fix it. I'll make damn sure of that."

Sadie was in the kitchen, making her famous lasagna that Antonio always craved for, and Ethan finally arrived while Giorgia was moving the furniture back to where it belonged. He gave Antonio and Giovanni a confused look while they stood there watching her.

He walked over to Sadie asking her what was going on.

"She rearranged the place while we were gone today, so they are making her put everything back to where it was." she whispered.

He leaned over to her and whispered with a big grin "She's over there sweating like a whore in church."

Sadie couldn't hold it, and busted out laughing. "Oh, my lord Ethan, where do you ever come up with those lines of yours?"

"What? Well she is." he laughed. "Look at her."

Sadie grabbed the lasagna out of the over and placed it on the table, letting everyone know that the food was ready.

During dinner, Antonio and Sadie couldn't help look at each other and smile. Antonio stood up and leaned towards Sadie, and whispered in her ear. He walked over to the counter and grabbed the two envelopes that Sadie put together, handing them to Ethan and his mother.

"What is this?" Giorgia asked, looking confused as she looked down at the envelope.

"We have a surprise for you, go ahead and open them." Antonio tells them.

Ethan had a feeling what it was and grinned when he saw that they were having twins. In his mind he thought Harlow had something to do with this, and couldn't be happier for them.

Giorgia opened the envelope as Giovanni sat next to her, curious as to what it was. She pulled the card out and opened it to find a picture of the twins.

"You're pregnant?" she asked Sadie, shocked.

"Yes we're 19 weeks." Sadie says, happily.

"Now she's got him really trapped." Giorgia says quietly to Giovanni as she covered her mouth. Sadie and Antonio didn't hear her, but it was loud enough for Ethan to hear.

"Congratulations." Ethan says "My sister is getting her wishes come true. She is probably up there jumping for joy." he says, trying to rub it in after hearing what Giorgia had said.

"What wish is that? She's gone." Giorgia asked confused.

"My sister's wishes before she passed, was for them to get together, for Sadie to be the mother to her girls, to give the girls more siblings and.."

Antonio cut Ethan off, as he looked over at his mom. "Harlow hid a journal, and a couple letters for Sadie and I, with her wishes. We found them after Ethan told us about them, and so far, some of her wishes have been coming true."

Giovanni smiled, and walked over to Sadie giving her a hug. "Don't mind my rude wife, I'll say it for her... congratulations."

"Thank you."

"And as for dinner tonight, thank you very much. It was excellent, I'm giving you two thumbs up, and you can make that for me anytime." Giovanni says, hugging her.

Later, Giorgia and Giovanni were getting ready for bed, and Giovanni was in the kitchen drinking some water, while Giorgia was in the bedroom. She walked over to the bedroom door making sure that he was nowhere near and grabbed the picture that Antonio gave her, while looking at it she smiled. She was happy to see that she was going to have a couple more grandchildren, her smile faded when he walked back into the room, and hid the picture not wanting him to know what she was doing.

Giovanni climbed into bed, and looked at Giorgia "You need to lighten up on Sadie, I think she is a terrific girl, Antonio seems happy and the girls are happy, why can't you just accept her? You never liked Harlow either, and you always gave her a hard time. I can see why Antonio had this guest house built, I'm sure it was because of you, to keep you from ruining things." He said, sounding stern with her.

"I just don't want him hurt, or anyone using him for his wealth."

"Giorgia, he's thirty years old, I think he can handle his own love life, he's done quite well for himself, and he did it all on his own. He doesn't need you harping on him, or you questioning who he falls in love with. His wife is no longer here, he's still very young and deserves to be happy. Don't you want that for him?"

"Well yes, yes I do."

"Then give it a rest and get to know her, let them be happy. From what he's told me, Sadie saved him from a lot of things."

Giovanni went to bed after lecturing Giorgia, and she sat in the chair thinking about how both Giovanni and Antonio asked for her to give Sadie a chance, she began to yawn and decided to go to bed.

"You're right, I need to get to know her." she says, letting out a deep breath. "I'll give her a chance, but if I find out differently of her, I will have her ass. After all she is pregnant with my grandkids." she says, pulling the blanket up over her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 4.8K 52
Book 3 of 3 Highly recommend you read books 1 and 2 first. Mel just moved back to New York City. She left four years ago after the love of her life...
112K 8.6K 46
Enemies-to-lovers * Bickering/bantering Boss/employee * Romantic comedy with a HEA He says I'm a hemorrhoid and a massive dark cloud without a silver...
2.8M 53.6K 163
Fragment: "Unexpectedly, your mother became pregnant once again. We were extremely happy about it, but once the doctor said that it is a girl, I was...
446K 28.1K 49
Story is published on Amazon, (kindle and Paperback). Smashwords, and more! Sadie, Antonio, and Ethan are all back with their intense love, romance...