Helping you Heal (Jaiden An...

Від TragicLauren098

[OLD] When Jaiden's secret is revealed to her early childhood friend, she isn't sure how to react. She's worr... Більше

READ BEFORE STARTING THIS BOOK
Chapter 1: Let Down to Society
Chapter 2: Realiziation
Chapter 3: New Year, Not So New Me....
Chapter 4: Explain
Chapter 5: Helping You Heal [Part 1]
Chapter 6: Helping You Heal [Part 2]
Chapter 7: What Just Happened?
Chapter 8: Planning Ahead
Chapter 9: Waiting On Day One
Chapter 10: Waiting on Day Two
Chapter 11: Waiting on Day Three
Chapter 12: Waiting on Day Four //FINAL DAY// (The Date)
Chapter 13: Missing You
Chapter 14: VidCon
Chapter 15: Back Home
Chapter 17: Sleepover
Chapter 18: In Too Deep

Chapter 16: A Second Chance

3.2K 66 144
Від TragicLauren098

(Jaiden's P.O.V)

Tonight's the big night. Tonight, I get another chance with [Y/N]. The love of my life. My best friend. My crush since childhood.

Yesterday, I didn't fall asleep until four in the morning, and I slept in until three thirty in the afternoon, so I only have around four hours to get ready. Well, three and a half, because it takes about twenty minutes to get to the restaurant. So, I went ahead and showered after I woke up, which only took fifteen minutes.

Three hours and fifteen minutes left.

Next, I got a little snack. The voice in my head was trying to stop me, but I was too happy about the date tonight, I just flat-out ignored it. Just as I was throwing my trash away, I feel my phone go off on the table. I pick it up excitedly, and see that [Y/N] texted me.

[Y/N]: Hey, uh....my car is acting up again. Do you mind picking me up for the date?

My face heats up and I smile as I respond.

Jaiden: Of course I don't mind! I'll drop by at 7:15.

[Y/N]: Okay. Thanks Jaiden.

Jaiden: No problem!

I find that I'm struggling to contain my excitement for the date. So, I decided to watch TV to try to get my mind off of things. I sit down on my couch, and go to Hell's Kitchen. However, I'm not able to focus.

(Your P.O.V)

Eeeee!!!! My god, I sound like such a fangirl! I'm not one who acts that way usually, but I'm just so happy that Jaiden agreed to go on this second date with me! She's picking me up in three hours, so I need to get ready.

I dash to my bedroom, and grab the same dress from last time, then the shoes, and raced into my bathroom. Gathering up everything I would use after I get out of the shower, like deodorant, my hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste, and my hairdryer, I lie them out on my sink counter. I quickly slip out of my clothes, and hop into the shower, making sure to rinse and clean my hair at least three or four times. At least. Then I use extra body wash, and use it all over my body. After that, I make sure to shave my legs, just so I don't look like I don't care about my hygiene and everything.

When I get out of the shower, I check the time as I wrap my towel around myself.

5:37pm.

Okay. That gives me enough time to dry off, dry my hair, and get dressed. And that's exactly what I do. I quickly dry my body, then use my hairdryer for about ten to fifteen minutes, then get my dress on, somehow managing to zip it up. I decide to put my shoes on in the living room; I leave the bathroom and sit on my couch. Usually I'm not one to dress up in a girlish outfit, but I'd do anything for Jaiden.

While waiting for Jaiden, I watch TV.

(Jaiden's P.O.V)

I have ten minutes until I need to leave to pick up [Y/N]. For the past hour and a half, I've been getting ready. I got my dress and shoes on, fixed my hair, and double checking everywhere just to make sure I don't forget anything. I feel as though I'm still forgetting something, but I'm not sure what it is. I eventually shrug it off, since I only have two minutes before I need to leave. Before I know it, I'm in my car, driving to [Y/N]'s house.

When I arrive, I'm too nervous to get out of my car in case someone sees me. So, like the little anxious girl I am, I pull out my phone and call [Y/N]. After two rings, she picks up.

[Y/N]: Hey Jaiden! Just give me a second, and I'll be right out. I'm almost done getting ready.

Jaiden: Alright. I'll see you in a little bit. Bye.

[Y/N]: Bye.

I put my phone down, and wait impatiently to see her again. After a minute or so, I see her exit through her front door in the same dress as our previous date. My god, it's been so long since our date, I forgot how beautiful she looked in that dress. I feel my cheeks heat up, and I know they're turning pink.

After she opens the car door, she sits down in the passenger seat and looks over at me, smiling happily. I feel my heart flutter at her charming smile she always has. I give an awkward smile to her, and lean over to hug her. She quickly, but carefully, returns the hug, and after we pull back, I start my car up again.  As I start driving to the restaurant, I feel her reach over and grab my hand softly. I look over at her, and she smiles.

"I'm glad we're doing this Jaiden. I really missed you."

I feel my heart race quicken, and I blush again. I squeeze her hand gently before lacing our fingers together.

"Me too. Let's just pray that Adam and James don't find out about this one."

She giggles at my comment; oh, how I've missed her cute giggles so much. I smile and turn back to the road.

The whole ride there, [Y/N] and I are holding each others hand. And when we arrive, I can feel her hesitate before letting go of my hand; I do the same.

When we finally leave the car and enter the restaurant, she grabs my hand again; I look over at her, and she smiles back at me. Oh, she's so adorable.

(Your P.O.V)

As we enter the restaurant, I instantly grab Jaiden's hand, and give her a smile as she looks at me. I look around to make sure James and Adam aren't here. Thankfully, they aren't. I'm not sure why they would be, but, hey. You never know what to expect when it comes to the two of them. As we're seated at a booth, I find that Jaiden sits on the same side as me, instead of sitting across from me.

"Jaiden?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you sitting on this side?"

"Hm? Oh, sorry. You're right. I should sit on the other si—"

Just as she gets up, I grab her by the arm, keeping her in place.

"N-No, I'm just curious. I want to sit next to you..."

I see Jaiden's face turn a light shade of pink as she sits back down, sitting closer to me than before. I smile at her, and she smiles back. Silence swarms around us uncomfortably, and I look around at the room. Just then, as if sending how awkward this was, our waitress came up to our table. She was a tall, blonde girl with green eyes, and she had pale skin. Her hair was thrown back into a bun.

"Hello! My name is Crystal, and I'll be serving you two today. Now, to start off, what appetizers would you like?"

Jaiden and I give our answers, then she asks what we want for drinks, we answer, she writes everything down, and then she's off to the kitchen. When she's gone, I feel Jaiden's hair touching my shoulder. As I look down, I find that she's resting her head on my shoulder. She looks up at me, and I give her a soft grin, resting my head on hers.

After a few seconds of silence, I decide to break it.

"I really did miss you Jaiden. I'm glad we're together again."

"Me too...:without being able to talk to you, or even see you, I'm not sure what it was, but my heart was always hurting. I guess I really just wanted to see you that bad."

Jaiden gives a small chuckle, and she locks our arms together. After a minute or so, Jaiden's head lifts from my shoulder, and she stands up before going to the opposite side of the booth. Now she's sitting in front of me.

"Jaiden?"

"What? I like being able to look at you while I can. I w—"

"Okay, we've got a [f/d], and an iced lemon tea. And here is your appetizers. Now, what would you two like to eat?"

Jaiden looks up at Crystal, a little startled. I giggle at Jaiden's expression, and she looks over at me. She smiles and looks back up at Crystal, who seems a little confused.

"Just a salad please."

"Alrighty, and for you miss?"

"[f/f] please."

"Okay. Anything else you need?"

"No, we're good."

"Alright. Your food will be out shortly."

"Thank you."

With that, Crystal left, and Jaiden and I were alone again. I look over at her, and she turns to me.

"What were you saying Jaiden?"

"Pardon?"

"Before Crystal interrupted. You were saying something."

"Oh. Right. I was just saying that I'd rather be able to look at you and listen at the same time."

"Ah."

She says that's what it was, but something in me says that wasn't even close to what she was going to tell me. I ignore it, and grab Jaiden's hand again from across the table. I offer her a small smile, and she nervously returns it.

For the next few minutes, I barely notice that we're just staring into each other's eyes, neither of us really paying attention to anything or anyone around us. After a moment, she must realize what's happening, because she blinks and looks away with a red face; she seems like she was day dreaming.

"S-Sorry..."

I take her hand in both of mine now.

"No, no. It's okay. I liked that."

She looks at me shyly as she slouches slightly; her face returns to normal after a second, but I can still tell she's getting used to us hanging out again. To set the mood at ease, I remove my hands from hers, and return them to my lap. She stares at me in confusion, but quickly realizes why I did so.

As Jaiden seems to become a little more relaxed, Crystal returns with our food.

(Jaiden's P.O.V)

When Crystal returns, she surprisingly makes little conversation before handing us our plates and leaving to serve another customer. When I look back at [Y/N], she's already started eating. I smile and grab my fork.

'Jäįdęñ, ÿøū kñøw thę rüłęš.'

No. Not now. I am not going to stand for this right now. Not when I'm finally reunited with [Y/N] after three whole months. I somehow manage to push the voice back into the back of my brain, and I start eating my serving of salad.

When [Y/N] and I finish eating, we pay the bill, and just like the first time, we walk to my car and sit in silence for a while. Except this time, [Y/N] and I are in the back seat, and I'm wrapped up in her arms. I've never felt so relaxed.

"Jaiden?"

"Yes?"

"Can you look at me?"

Uh...okay? I look up at her, and she smiles wider than she has so far. I raise an eyebrow.

"What're you so happy about?"

"I'm happy because I never thought I'd get a chance again."

"A chance to do what?"

"This."

My eyes widen as I feel soft lips against mine, and when I process what's happening, my face turns bright red.

(Your P.O.V)

I press my lips against Jaiden's without a moment of hesitation. I've been wanting to do this for so long. I can feel her freeze. After a few seconds, I pull away sheepishly.

"S-Sorry. I shouldn't have done tha—"

I'm interrupted by Jaiden nearly knocking me over as she smashes her lips against mine. I let out a small squeak in surprise before freezing. I kiss back shyly and feel my face heating up. Am I dreaming? Please say I'm not.

After what seemed like only a few seconds, we pull away, and I see just how flustered Jaiden is. I smile and put my hand over hers. She takes a large breath, as if she's going to announce something.

"L-Listen [Y/N]. I-I....Th-That night three months ago....what I was g-going to say..."

I smile wider and sigh.

"I already know Jaiden. You basically just told me."

"Wh-what?"

She takes a moment to think, before she covers her face with her hands and her face turns a brighter red.

"I-I'm so sorry!!"

I chuckle nervously at her and gently remove her hands from her face.

"I-It's okay Jaiden. I liked it."

"R-Really?"

"W-Well, yeah. Why wouldn't I?"

She frowns and looks down, as if she's debating on something. I scoot closer and put one hand on her waist, my other hand lacing fingers with hers.

"Hey...Jaiden....."

"Y-Yes?"

I lean down and peck her lips before pulling her in for a hug.

"I thought I told you how much you're worth."

"P-Pardon?"

"You're worth everything, Jaiden. And you deserve the world too. You don't need to feel bad about everything you do. You've done nothing wrong."

"I-I......really?"

"Yes! And I don't know what I need to do to prove it to you, and make you believe it."

Jaiden moves back, and stares into my eyes.

"I.......thank you [Y/N]. But, I'm afraid I'm too far into this mess. I don't think I can get out of it."

"Well...."

I grab both of Jaiden's hands.

"Maybe I can help you."

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

39.2K 2.5K 22
What happens when all of a sudden two best friends fall for each other?Just when the boy best-friend realizes his love,the girl best-friend introduce...
It All Started With A Bet. Від W_E_I_R_D_O

Підліткова література

1.7K 805 16
He made a bet with his friends that he could get under her legs just by pretending to like her and at the end he would break up with her and reveal a...
14.5K 332 15
[Formerly My Kind Of Crazy] What happens when two best friends have to come together for one another after losing someone that was very close to the...
314K 4.6K 16
When a heartbroken boy named Y/n transfers to a new school he is met with a girl with pink hair becoming his friend the two bond but when an old frie...