The Unexpected Nanny

By JeniRaeD

Story is published on Amazon (kindle and paperback) Smashwords, and more! When Antonio Russo's wife was dying... More

Authors Note
Cast
A/N
1- The news
2- The Decision
3- Introducing Sadie
4- The run in
5- Out of control
October 2020 Breast Cancer awareness SPECIAL!
6-Tension all around
7- Family time
8- Reality hits
9- Her best interest
10- Away from home
11- Time is near
12- Birthday to remember
13- Fly high
14- Saying goodbye
15- Saving a life
16- Heated passion
17- We need to talk
18- The talk
19- Uninvited guest
20- Talking to Ethan
21- The date
22- Confession
23- Finding the journal
24- Harlow's love
25- Moving on
26- Honoring Harlow
27- A gift for Antonio
28- Antonio's love
30- Surprise!
31- Sadie vs. Giorgia
32- Visiting Harlow
33- Birthday surprise
34- Mystery woman
35- Explanation
36- Truth will set you free
37- Feeling the love
38- Making decisions
39-Love of a lifetime
40- Love all around
41- Epilogue
42-Bonus Chapter
Additional Cast
Authors Note
Perfect Tribute to Harlow
Update 😁😁😉😉
Heads up

29- The guests

62.5K 3.2K 648
By JeniRaeD

A couple months have gone by since Sadie was told that she would finally be meeting Antonio's parents. She was getting nervous after listening to Antonio and Ethan talk about them, and they were to arrive later in the evening. She ran around the house making sure the house was perfectly clean, and made sure there was no speck of dust to be found anywhere.

Antonio hired contractors to build a guest house towards the edge of his property. It recently had been finished, and fully furnished. The girls were with Antonio in the guest house making sure everything was cleaned up, looking perfect.

"Daddy can we go play now; this is boring." Isabella whined.

"Why don't you girls go play over on the play gym, Sadie's in the house making sure that it's all cleaned up inside."

"You mean, momma." Gabriella says, giving him a strange look.

"I'm sorry, yes momma." he smiled, patting the top of her head. "We are done in here anyway; you can go on and play."

Later in the evening Sadie was giving the girls a bath, when she heard the doorbell, and looked at the girls. "Your grandparents must be here." she says to the girls, sighing. Dreading about meeting them, hoping they weren't as bad as she was told, and worried about how they would act around her. Ethan pulled her to the side earlier, warning her about Antonio's mother, letting her know that she must show who was boss.

"Are we done taking a bath?" Isabella asked, standing up.

Sadie let the water out of the tub, and grabbed a couple towels for them. "Yes, first let's get you both dried off, and into your pajamas, then you can go visit with your grandparents."

Antonio let his parents inside, giving them both hugs. "Sorry about Harlow, wish we could have been here for you during that sorrow time..." Antonio's mom says, while giving him a hug.

"Thanks mom, please don't bring that up anymore." he sighed.

She looked at him disappointed. "Well OK, if you say so. I just feel bad that we weren't here for you."

"It is what it is, you can't change the past." he says, while looking at his dad. "How long do you plan on being in town for?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

"We haven't decided yet." his dad says. "Where shall we put our bags?"

"I will be putting you in the guest house, out back." he says, smiling from the inside.

"Guest house?" asked his mom, looking surprised.

"I recently had it built; you'll love it." he smirked after seeing the look on her face.

His mom curiously looked at him with an unsure look, her look immediately changed when she heard the girls running down the stairs, and quickly turned to them, reaching her arms out for them to come give her a hug. "Oh my, it's been a while since we last saw you girls, you're getting so big and tall."

"We're five now, grandma." Gabriella says with a big smile.

"I know." she says smiling, pinching their cheeks.

His mom stood back up, and looked around the home. "The house looks great, I see you have done some redecorating, you must have hired a better decorator around here."

"Actually no, this was all Sadie's doing." Antonio says, sounding frustrated with her.

"Sadie?" she questioned, looking confused.

Antonio looked at the girls, rubbing the back of his head. "Where is she anyway."

"She's cleaning up from our bath." Isabella says, holding her grandma's hand.

Antonio looked back at his mom. "I told you about her a while back, remember?"

Her eyebrows raised, wondering what he was up to now, hoping that it wasn't what she was thinking that it was. "Oh, the nanny? Why would she be decorating your home?"

"She's our new momma." Gabriella happily said. Antonio's eyes closed, knowing his mom was going to be asking many questions about why the girls were calling her momma.

His mom looked at Antonio confused. "Momma? Is there something going on here that I should know about?" sounding upset.

Antonio sighed and took deep breath, growing frustrated with her.

"The girls call her momma now, she's not only that, but my..."

Antonio stopped talking when he saw Sadie walking down the stairs, he could see that she was a little nervous, and met her at the end of the steps, he reached his arm out and placed his hand on the small of her back, walking her over to meet his parents.

"Sadie, this is my mother Giorgia, and my father Giovanni." he says introducing them. Sadie smiled while reaching out her hand, wanting to shake their hands. "Mom, Dad... this is Sadie... my girlfriend." he grinned.

"Nice to finally meet you." Sadie politely said, shaking their hands.

Giovanni smiled, happy to meet her. Giorgia on the other hand, was not so pleased, and gave her a sour look, causing Sadie's stomach to turn.

"So, is she the reason why we are staying in this guest house you just built?" Giorgia barked.

Antonio looked at Sadie, wanting to stick up for her, knowing that she had nothing to do with it "To be honest, this was all my idea. I figured that you would like it better, instead of staying downstairs, or in the hotel. You'll be by yourselves, and not have to worry about any kids running around, screaming. I'll take you out there right now, and show you around. I'll even help you with your bags." Antonio says, picking up their bags.

"Grandma you'll like it." Gabriella said, excited.

Sadie was feeling sick and stayed behind while Antonio and the kids brought his parents out to the guest home. Antonio set their bags down and turned the lights on, and began showing them around.

"Well this is nice and all, but we could have just stayed in your house." Giorgia scowled.

"At least being in here, you won't have to worry about getting awoken by the girls or their dog. You'll be able to cook whenever you like, and take your daily naps without getting bothered."

"This will be just fine." Giovanni says to Antonio, giving Giorgia a displeased look.

"Well let's go back in, I'd like to know more about who this Sadie person is." Giorgia says to Antonio.

Antonio pulled his mom to the side, not wanting his girls to hear. "Mother, she's a wonderful person, and there's no need for you to be rude with her. She has done a lot for the girls, and did a lot for Harlow before she passed away. I'd like to ask that you please respect her, those girls love her and she means the world to them."

"Don't you think it's a little too soon to be involved in a relationship, and with your nanny of all people?" she asked, snapping at him.

"First of all, that's my decision, not yours. Secondly, that's my business that you don't need to be sticking your nose in. You don't know her at all, and if you'll give her a chance, you'll see how wonderful she really is."

Giorgia didn't say another word to Antonio, and gave him an evil glare, she walked over to the girls, and kneeled to their level. "I brought you girls some gifts, would you like them now or would you like to wait until tomorrow?"

"I can wait until tomorrow, I'm tired." Gabriella says, rubbing her eyes.

"We can wait until tomorrow; I can help put you girls to bed if you'll like."

The girls happily accepted her offer on putting them to bed, and walked back into the house. Before the girls had gone to bed, they let the dog out. Sadie made sure to have Giorgia's favorite wine chilling and walked up to her "Would you like a glass of wine?"

"I'd love a glass, thank you." she said respectively. Antonio smiled when he saw that his mom being nice to her, and hoped she wouldn't be like she was with Harlow. Sadie poured Giorgia a glass of wine, while Antonio grabbed a couple beers out of the fridge, handing one to his dad.

Sadie handed Giorgia the glass of wine, smiling while handing it to her. She took a sip, and smiled. "Antonio must have told you that this was my favorite."

"He did."

The girls came in from outside with the dog, and walked up to their grandma, with the dog in Isabella's arms. "Grandma we're ready for bed now."

"OK, well let's go put you girls to bed." she smiled.

She brought them to bed and tucked them in, then read a bedtime story to them, helping them fall asleep. After the girls fell asleep, she left the room and headed back down the stairs. On her way down, she was wondering what Sadie's intentions were with her son, she didn't trust her and felt that she was using him for his money.

Antonio and Giovanni were deep into a conversation while the women sat quietly, listening to them. Giorgia sat there eyeing Sadie, and noticed that she was only drinking water. "Do you not like wine?"

"I do once in a while."

"Sadie hardly ever drinks, usually only on special occasions." Antonio blurted in.

"Well, what do you call this? I would say that this is a special occasion, isn't it?" she asked, eyeing Sadie while taking a drink of her wine.

"I'm good with only water right now, thanks." Sadie politely said.

Giorgia had a strange feeling while sitting there, studying Sadie. She then thought of what Antonio said to her, thinking that maybe he was right. She sighed, thinking she should give her a chance and get to know her. She was determined to end their relationship, if she ever found out that she was only after his money.

Sadie poured Giorgia another glass of wine, while she was being asked a million questions, and was getting quite annoyed with all the nonsense questions. "I'm pretty tired, I think I'm going to go to bed." she said, pretending to yawn, while looking over at Antonio...

"It was very nice to meet you." Giovanni said to Sadie with a genuine smile.

"Likewise." Sadie said, smiling.

"Goodnight." Sadie quietly said to all of them.

"I'll be up in a little bit." Antonio says to her.

Antonio stayed up late talking with his parents, and liked how his dad was pleasant with Sadie, and willing to get to know her. He was getting tired himself, and walked his parents out, handing his mom the bottle of wine. "Here finish this, otherwise it will just get tossed."

"Well we don't want to waste that, I'll take it." she grabbed the bottle from his hand and smiled. "See you tomorrow."

Antonio closed the door and rested the back of his head against it, feeling relieved that his mom was out of the house. He walked up the stairs and as he walked into the bedroom, he was relieved, and happy to see Sadie. He noticed that she looked drained while lying there watching a movie.

"Well that went somewhat well." Antonio says. She looked at him and shrugged her shoulders. "Your mother is ruthless. What was with all the stupid questions?"

Antonio took his clothes off and climbed into bed, pulling Sadie into his arms. "I warned you about her, she will eventually warm up to you. I think she's just trying to figure you out. I know her very well, and I'm pretty sure she's thinking that you're only with me for the money."

Sadie sat up, upset with what she just heard. "If she thinks that, she has another thing coming, I have never been about the money."

"Calm down, I know that. I'm just saying, I'm sure that's what is going on in her mind, she also thought that way with Harlow." he says, trying to calm her down.

"Well I hope she watches what she says to me, with these hormones that I have right now, I can't promise what I will do, or say." Sadie says, crossing her arms and sitting back against the headboard.

Antonio turned to her, curling his finger under her chin "Hey, everything will be just fine, just remember I'm here and I won't put up with her shit, I asked her to be nice and to try getting to know you. Let's just wait and see if she can be civil."

He kissed her lips and pulled back to look at her. "I love you." he smiled, kissing her again.

"I love you too." she smiled, pulling him back to her, kissing him passionately.

He laid her down, kissing her with passion as his hands caressed the sides of her body. "You're my world." he whispered to her, assuring his love for her.

"I don't feel like fooling around tonight." she says softly, caressing his cheek with her hand.

"I understand." he says, rolling on his back. She rolled to her side and laid her head on his chest, resting her arm around him, and holding onto him tight.

"Tomorrow is a new day, let's get some rest." he says to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 8.8K 37
Prequel to The Unexpected Nanny Antonio leaves Italy for the United States, not only to further his career but to find someone to share his life with...
193K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
2.8M 53.6K 163
Fragment: "Unexpectedly, your mother became pregnant once again. We were extremely happy about it, but once the doctor said that it is a girl, I was...
977K 38.6K 33
Brianna never knew the man she met one night at a football game then later fell in love with. Had a secret. One very huge secret that he knew if it w...