Different (Kaisoo Fanfic)

By nachokt

Do Kyungsoo. A young, cocky, bratty heir to his family's major company, sent to boarding school to learn his... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
A/N
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
My Nerdy Self.. - 13 Questions Tag
Chapter Fifty
Time to slap authornim
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three (Final)
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty-One

461 22 4
By nachokt

Kyungsoo stared at the chaotic scene before him. Sehun, Junmyeon, Tao and Kris had all stubbornly squeezed themselves on to the Kim family couch - which was clearly only meant to seat two people comfortably - and, for some reason, ignored the numerous lounge chairs in the room, with Junmyeon desperately trying to mediate the bickering between the two youngest.

On the floor by their feet lying face down was a rather corpse-like Luhan, his best friend and now boyfriend tugging at his arm weakly. "Luhannie, come on. Kyungsoo will be waking up soon so you have to get up!" Kyungsoo raised an curious eyebrow at that.

Over in the kitchen area, Jongdae and Yixing were making what appeared to be toasted sandwiches with Herculean effort, though Kyungsoo couldn't quite be sure of just what the sticky mess in between the grill plates was. It was only when he managed to catch the tail end of their conversation did he realise just how late in the day it was for him to be waking up.

"This doesn't look like a Christmas dinner to me," Baekhyun murmured from where he was perched in front of them at the island, Chanyeol inevitably by his side.

"My dear Baek, I already told you we're going Western style this year," Jongdae retorted, not at all bothered by the strings of cheese clinging to his fingers. "You can have anything for the starter, and toasted sandwiches are the best option."

"Why are you even bothering when Mrs Kim left all those dishes for us?" Baekhyun retorted, sparing a glance over at his boyfriend for support. "Westerners have a whole load of complicated stuff for Christmas, and I don't think any of them are toasted sandwiches, gourmet noodles or profiteroles from the convenience store."

"Baekhyun, Baekhyun. Just you wait and see. You'll be eating your words as well as the world's best dinner later."

Once again, the older male shot his boyfriend an exasperated look, only to be met with a soft chuckle and a gentle hand on his lower back. Only Jongdae acknowledged the enthusiastic, "I think it sounds amazing, Jongdae-yah," from Yixing.

And, for some unknown reason, Kyungsoo's boyfriend, the actual inhabitant of this house, and the only person he genuinely wanted to see right now, was nowhere to be found.

"What the hell is going on?"

At the sound of his voice, a collective gasp rippled through the open plan room before everyone began chattering and shuffling frantically at once, leaving a bewildered Kyungsoo all the more confused.

Within seconds, Baekhyun had bounced over to where his best friend still stood in the doorway to the lounge, his tall boyfriend in tow. "Kyungsoo, you're finally awake! We've been waiting all morning for you. Did you fall into a coma or something?"

The younger frowned, still none the wiser. "What's this all about? Why are you all in Jongin's house?"

"Your Christmas present!" was all that Baekhyun replied, jumping just a little on the spot as he beamed at the other boy standing before him.

"You guys are my present?" Kyungsoo deadpanned. "Because if you are, I'm breaking up with Jongin. That's the worst Christmas present ever."

The bright smile slipped from Baekhyun's face in an instant, and his lips turned down in disapproval. "Yikes, who pissed in your cornflakes, Mister Grumpy?" he grumbled, whining softly when Chanyeol gave his waist a light but reprimanding pinch.

After a fond shake of his head, Chanyeol spoke up. "Your boyfriend's prepared a treasure hunt for your present. He wanted you to have a little fun finding it," he explained, and Kyungsoo couldn't help but roll his eyes in amusement. Whilst Jongin was definitely the type of guy to go to such effort, the pale boy had no doubt that their friends had sneakily coerced him into this.

"Alright, where do I start?" he replied after sucking in a deep breath. Granted, he wasn't exactly in the best mood to be doing this kind of thing, but there was no way he would ruin all of Jongin's hard work.

Clapping his hands gleefully, Baekhyun practically vibrated on the spot in excitement. "Okay! So Jongin has set up a story of all your firsts together, up until now. Obviously, school is closed for the holidays and that's where most of them happened, so we've set up little scenes around the house to mimic them. Once you find one, you'll get the clue for the next one from one of us down here in the lounge, et cetera. Got it?"

Kyungsoo quirked a brow. "Okay. Where's the first one?"

With a grin, the older stuck out his hand. In it lay a small slip of paper, with a faint pink lip mark in the corner. Was that lipstick?

As he took the piece of paper from Baekhyun's grasp, said boy barked out a jovial, "go!", and whipped around instantly before racing out of the room, leaving a startled Kyungsoo behind with Chanyeol still beside him. Only then did he realise that the room was completely empty beside the two of them, and he couldn't hear a single murmur throughout the house, meaning that Baekhyun's explanation must have also served as a distraction whilst the others left. Were they.. hiding?

"Chanyeol," Kyungsoo said, his tone pleading as he stared up at his old friend, then back down at the slip of paper. The first time we met, it read. "This is ridiculous. Where do I even start?"

With a light chuckle and a shrug of his shoulder, Chanyeol gave the shorter a helpless look. "Just do your best, Soo. Jongin's been planning this for so long," he responded, and the thought had Kyungsoo's usually stone cold heart fluttering with affection. His boyfriend really was something else.

"All the clues are in this house, but that includes the garden and everything so be thorough," Chanyeol continued, pointing to the paper in the other's hand. "Look for anything at all that reminds you of your firsts and resembles what happened. And by anything, I mean figurines."

At that, Kyungsoo lifted his head to find the taller smiling conspiratorially, and that was when he realised that Chanyeol had just made this a hundred times easier.

"Thanks, Chan," he said gratefully, grinning up at the other boy. With a mischievous wink and the tip of an imaginary hat, Chanyeol was gone.

Okay, figurines..

Now that he was finally alone again, Kyungsoo set about recalling the first time he and Jongin met. Of course, that was when the younger had almost ran him over with his car - how could he forget?

So, surely that meant he was looking for a car. Where in this house were there cars?

Jongin's own vehicle was just outside on the street, so Kyungsoo headed straight there in search of any figurines. After scanning the entire area in and around Jongin's old black car, he found nothing, which left him to wonder where else there may be any cars.

Chanyeol said everything was in the house.. but Kyungsoo was out on the street right now, so he made his way back inside on the grounds that he must have started his search a little too far afield. Back in the lounge, however, there was nothing. No cars anywhere.

And then, all of a sudden, it clicked. Kyungsoo raced up the stairs to his boyfriend's room, and what had recently become his own room to stay in as well.

On his first night in the Kim house, the shorter male had spent a fair amount of time exploring, and had learnt that the much younger Jongin was an avid collector of action figures, plushies and anything to do with cars. In other words, he was a stereotypical boy with a few soft toys thrown in.

Striding straight over to the shelf above the desk, Kyungsoo released a loud snort at the sight of a Pororo figurine lying down in front of Jongin's favourite toy car. Kim Jongin, seriously, he thought.

Beside the car was another slip of paper with Jongin's barely illegible handwriting on it.

You remember, right? You tried to claim I ran you over and I called you a hobbit, keke. Look in the desk drawer for your first present.

Doing so, Kyungsoo opened the drawer to find, amongst other papers and textbooks, a novel by J. R. R. Tolkien - 'The Hobbit'.

"Kim Jongin, you're dead meat," the boy mumbled to himself, though the smile on his lips completely betrayed him to anyone watching.

With the book safely in hand, Kyungsoo headed back downstairs for the next clue, remembering that Baekhyun had said the next person would be waiting in the lounge. There, he found Junmyeon sitting on the couch and waiting for Kyungsoo.

It was cute, really, how Jongin had recruited their friends to help, and he fought hard to suppress as smile as he rounded the couch to stand before their most mature friend. "Found it, hyung," he announced, holding the book up as proof.

"Great! So this is working, at least," the older muttered before handing over the next slip of paper, and Kyungsoo didn't blame him for doubting that they could pull it off; in fact, he would be surprised if they managed it without any mishaps.

The first time we had a proper chat (in school!), read the next piece of paper, and Kyungsoo thought for a moment before he was able to conjure up the memory. "The rooftop?" he tried, brows furrowed as he glanced at Junmyeon for confirmation. When the older nodded, his frown only deepened. "But the house doesn't have a rooftop."

"Think creatively, Kyungsoo," Junmyeon suggested, but it didn't help at all. "What happened whilst you were there?"

After a moment, Kyungsoo decided to play through that day in his head. Jongin had given him a tour of the school before taking him up to the rooftop, where they had chatted and teased one another, riling each other up unnecessarily. And then.. Jongin had taunted him, pretending to kiss him. He lifted his head again to ask Junmyeon, only to find the couch vacant.

Despite not really understanding where this clue could lead to, Kyungsoo wandered the house in hopes of stumbling upon a figurine which resembled the rooftop chat, but he found himself back in the lounge after coming up short.

Kris and Tao were now occupying the Kim family couch, looking rather well acquainted as they snuck kisses to each other's cheeks, and Kyungsoo grimaced as he came to stand before them. "Gross," he grumbled, gaining the attention of the two lovebirds.

"Did you find it?" Kris asked, neither of the two at all bothered by the fact that they had just been caught. After a shake of Kyungsoo's head, the generally quiet boy offered a sympathetic smile. "Remember to look everywhere, even the front of the house." And with that, he shoved Tao (who emitted an incredibly feminine squeal) so that his back was curved over the side of the couch, hovering over the boy with the piercings as he leaned closer and closer for a kiss.

It was clear to Kyungsoo that Kris was mimicking him and Jongin, though he didn't have much chance to feel embarrassed before suddenly remembering that something on the porch had caught his eye when he went out to the car, and he quickly ran outside to find two action figures balanced precariously on the wooden porch railing. As expected, one was leaning over the other in a reconstruction of that day, leaving Kyungsoo to roll his eyes once again in amusement.

The note taped beside the figurines read, I really wanted to kiss you even as early as that day, but it was far too easy to tease you instead.<3

Back inside, Kris and Tao grinned when they saw Kyungsoo rejoining them.

"Here's your present for this one," the oldest boy said, holding out his hand to reveal something that looked like a business card. "For the kiss you never got."

Upon closer inspection, the present was a hand-made coupon for 'Free Kisses for a Day.' Once again, Kyungsoo found himself releasing an exasperated laugh. Kim Jongin really was something.

The next clue, courtesy of Kris and Tao, was the first film that the couple watched together and Kyungsoo knew exactly where to go for this one, despite the fact that it perhaps should have been the hardest.

A memory of one of Jongin's sisters launching an Olaf plushie at her brother in frustration one day had Kyungsoo heading straight to the girl's room, no doubt as to where he had to go.

("Why has your twenty-something sister got a Frozen toy?"

"She says it's cute. Don't even try to understand, hyung.")

There, he was met with the sight of Luhan sitting with his back to the bed, the Olaf plushie in his hands as he squished its cheeks and cooed adoringly.

"Luhan hyung?" Kyungsoo blinked, only for said boy to startle and jump up hurriedly, placing the toy beside two figurines on the bed.

"Oh, gosh, I'm sorry! I'm supposed to be down in the lounge now but I just got so distracted, this thing is too adorable," the pink-haired male reasoned, lips pulled into a pout that made him look at least half his age as he stared longingly at Olaf.

Only then did Kyungsoo realise that, whilst he was busy hunting around, his friends must have been inconspicuously keeping an eye on their designated figurines, perhaps to make sure that he wouldn't find them out of sequence. And with that, he could only roll his eyes, for Jongin really had put so much thought into this.

"Where's the next clue, Luhan hyung?" Kyungsoo pressed in a bored tone, for he was almost certain of what was about to follow.

Shaking his head, Luhan started out of the room. "No, we have to be in the lounge before I can give it to you." And there it was. The shorter's calf muscles were really starting to ache.

Back downstairs, he was given the next piece of paper. First unofficial date.

Unofficial date?

As far as Kyungsoo knew, the first date they had was to the amusement park. Since when did they have an unofficial date?

However, despite his lack of understanding of the clue, the boy had begun to get a hang of the treasure hunt and figured that he would stumble across the figurines at some point if he simply walked around the house.

And, with that logic, it didn't take long to find them, but that was perhaps due to the fact that there was a rather distressed Minseok crouched by the pond in the garden, his back turned to Kyungsoo with tiny gasps coming from him every so often.

As he got closer, the younger realised that his oldest friend was desperately trying to keep two plushies from falling over, the gasps indicating every time he propped them back up again.

"Hyung," Kyungsoo called, earning a sharp yelp from the other. "First unofficial date? I don't get it."

Unlike Luhan, said boy's counterpart didn't bother panicking at the sight of Kyungsoo, instead simply accepting the fact that he was caught and climbing to his feet. "By the river, Soo. Jongin said he gave you a piggy back," he explained, pointing to the two plushies.

They were the type that were designed to sit down and so their arms and legs all faced forwards, yet Minseok must have been instructed to position one on top of the other's back, mimicking his and Jongin's piggy back that night.

"Hyung, they look like they're..." the younger started, trailing off as he eyed the suggestive position of the plushies.

Minseok blinked. "Oh."

"Yeah."

"Um, well here's your present for this one," Minseok said with a shake of his head, and Kyungsoo greatly appreciated the  change of subject, before the older was presenting him with a tiny packet of Haribo sweets. "To keep you going, Jongin said."

"How thoughtful," mumbled Kyungsoo, hastily ripping open the packet. He had been forced to skip breakfast for this thing, after all.

"And the next clue." Minseok passed him the next slip of paper, bidding goodbye to the pale boy as he turned and made his way back inside the house. This one was their first official date, and he knew exactly what the clue was.

When he arrived at the doorway of Jongin's bedroom, however, along with the human-sized Kyungie bear that Jongin had won him at the amusement park, he found Yixing, fast asleep in said bear's embrace.

Rolling his eyes for the nth time that morning, Kyungsoo decided not to disrupt the slumbering boy as he quietly tiptoed closer, plucking a white envelope and a piece of paper from Yixing's loose grasp.

Inside the envelope were two tickets to another theme park just outside of their village, and a small note that read, I'm going to make sure I kiss you on every single ride this time and nobody is going to stop me.

Thinking back to their first date, Kyungsoo did his best to stifle his laughter as he remembered how it had taken them three attempts to finally have their first kiss, having not realised that they were surrounded by other visitors each time.

And with that, Kyungsoo scanned over the slip of paper to find that the next clue was in fact their first kiss, made easier by the memories conjured by the last clue.

However, their first kiss was technically far earlier than that.. Kyungsoo pondered as he chewed on his jelly sweets. Despite it not being the happiest memory to be shared between the couple, their first kiss was undoubtedly the one that Jongin had orchestrated during their argument before he promptly ran off, leaving them both to drown in their thoughts for the next few days.

But where could the figurines be? It happened outside of the cafeteria.. so perhaps the kitchen?

Kyungsoo wasted no time in heading downstairs to test this theory, but it was a futile effort - there were no figurines anywhere.

Sighing heavily to himself, Kyungsoo cursed his boyfriend for having to make this so difficult. Why did he have to use the entire house? Didn't he even consider, as he was busying himself with planting figurines in every room, the fact that Kyungsoo was severely lacking in athleticism?

No, he thought. He didn't want to walk up any more stairs.

Hence, Kyungsoo soon found himself slumped on the couch beside a patiently waiting Sehun as he made a show of admitting defeat, legs kicked up on the coffee table, head back and eyes closed. He had deposited the packet of Haribos on to the table top for safe-keeping until this was finished.

"I take it you haven't found it yet?" Sehun snorted, his taunting tone doing nothing to soothe Kyungsoo's frustration. He decided that silence was answer enough.

A sigh, then movement from the other side of the couch, indicating that Sehun had stood up, followed by a hand firmly gripping his wrist had Kyungsoo finally opening his eyes again, protesting with an indignant "hey!" as he was unceremoniously dragged outside.

From somewhere, though Kyungsoo wasn't sure where, came the sound of Tao's panicked voice as he yelled, "you're not supposed to just show him!" though Sehun paid him no mind.

"God, why did I have to get the cheesiest clues?" Sehun muttered as he relentlessly dragged the smaller male along, adding a moody, "disgusting," before stopping beside Jongin's car. Pointing to the front right wheel, he said, "first kiss, on the Ferris wheel at the theme park."

There, on the wheel in question, sat two tiny figurines, the kind that were only usually found in slot machines for they were so small.

"Really?" Kyungsoo groaned. "I even came out to the car earlier and I never even saw these. Why are they so small?"

"He was running out of toys by this time," Sehun grinned, and it was clear that he was thoroughly enjoying the older's anguish. Then came the next clue, with a rather obvious grimace. "First time you exchanged 'I love you's," he muttered, and this time it was Kyungsoo's turn to be amused.

"Thanks, Sehun-ah," he grinned, giving the taller's cheek a patronising little pat before he was on his way straight back to Jongin's room, for their first declarations of love had been shared on Jongin's bed in the dorms. Once again, he didn't hesitate to mentally bad-mouth his boyfriend for making him climb the stairs again.

Propped up against Jongin's pillows, he found yet another little piece of paper with Jongin's terrible handwriting on. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you. I'll never stop telling you, hyung. I love you.

Unable to keep the smile from his lips, Kyungsoo headed downstairs to the lounge for what would hopefully be close to the last time, where Jongdae lay waiting on the couch. The joker was quick to mime sloppy kisses on the back of his hand as Kyungsoo neared, grinning mischievously as he teased, "I love you, Kyungie. I love you, Nini. Oh, let's make snotty little babies together and live happily ever after."

"Yes, dumbass, because two guys can totally make babies," Kyungsoo deadpanned, kicking at the older boy's legs and earning a pained "ouch, Satansoo!" in response. "Where's the next one?"

With a huff, Jongdae sat up on the couch to face the other boy, still rubbing at his legs as he glared. "You'll be happy to know this is the last one," he grumbled, to which Kyungsoo groaned in relief. Finally.

Taking the slip of paper that the fluffy haired boy presented, he frowned. "'First time I realised I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you.' What? How am I supposed to know that?"

Jongdae simply shrugged, to which the short-tempered boy huffed loudly. "I'm not searching anymore. I'll never find this," he declared, throwing himself on to the couch beside Jongdae as he grabbed the packet of sweets and began eating.

"You're such a spoil sport, Soo," Jongdae accused, earning him yet another kick, though he was quick to dodge it as he stood up instead. "Guess you're in luck with this one, though."

"Huh?" Kyungsoo frowned, but the older had already disappeared from the room.

Puffing his cheeks out petulantly, Kyungsoo glared at the black television screen and munched angrily on the jelly sweets, ripping the heads off of one of the bears with his teeth.

Just then, a tiny tap to his shoulder had the boy turning around on the couch, seconds away from yelling at whoever had come to coax him on, only to find the one person he had been waiting for all day.

"Jongin!" he cried, leaping up in joy and practically pounding on said boy, who released a sharp breath in relief. He had fully expected to be screamed at, just then, if the murderous glare on Kyungsoo's face was anything to go by.

Now, however, the shorter's features were void of any anger and instead he was whimpering quietly into his boyfriend's neck, one hand still clutching the Haribo packet as he wrapped both arms around the taller's neck.

"Where have you been? I missed you so much today."

"I missed you too, Kyungie," Jongin chuckled, pressing little kisses to the older's hair. "I had to hide for all of this to work, though."

At that, Kyungsoo pulled away and resumed frowning once more. "Speaking of which, what the hell?" he complained. "You know how unfit I am, Nini, but I've had to go up and down the stairs at least a hundred times."

A soft chuckle resonated from the younger boy as he pulled his lover close again. "I'm sorry, hyung, I thought it'd be fun. You haven't finished, though. There's still the last one, about spending forever with you."

"I can't find it," Kyungsoo whined, lowering his head as he pulled his lips into a firm pout.

Beaming, Jongin let his arms fall down to his sides once again. "I know, it's a trick question. It's the same as the last, when I first told you I loved you."

Peering up at him, the older's brows furrowed once more in confusion, but he barely had time to question the statement before Jongin was taking a few steps back, reaching into his back pocket and muttering, "and now, for your present.."

And then it clicked.

"Jongin.."

The boy sank down on to one knee.

Completely unable to believe his eyes, Kyungsoo could only stare at the younger as said boy held a small, black velvet box up in between them, carefully lifting the lid to display the most beautiful diamond ring he had ever seen. The silver band twisted all the way around before meeting at the front again, framing a glistening, circular diamond in a square shape.

"Hyung, I really do mean it when I say that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. We've been through a lot together and you've shown me what it means to love, and I never ever want that feeling to go away." A timid smile tugged at the boy's lips at that, and he ducked his head momentarily before meeting Kyungsoo's gaze again. "I know we're still young and we should probably wait a few years, so I guess this is more of a promise ring.. but, Do Kyungsoo, will you do me the honour of staying by my side forever?"

For a moment, the boy in question was simply frozen with both hands covering his mouth, tears threatening to spill over despite his best efforts to blink them away. And then, he was closing the distance between them and pulling Jongin's back up on to his feet to hug him, their arms finding their way around each other's bodies in an instant.

"Forever, Jongin, I promise," Kyungsoo whispered, voice breaking as the tears finally escaped and rolled down his cheeks. "I wouldn't want to spend forever with anyone else but you."

"I love you, hyung," Jongin murmured into the older's hair, holding him so close that there was barely a single breath of air between them, their grip on each other so impossibly tight as though forever would only last seconds. "Merry Christmas."

Crying harder, Kyungsoo buried his face against the crook of Jongin's neck, planting kiss after kiss on the skin there. "I love you too, Jonginnie, so damn much. Merry Christmas."

The two held on for a moment longer before releasing each other slightly, so that there was just enough room for Jongin to slip the ring on to his hyung's finger and, of course, it was a perfect fit.

A sudden cheer broke out in the room and the two looked up to see their ten friends gathered by the lounge doorway, clapping and beaming at the couple in the middle of the room.

Laughing through his tears, Kyungsoo released Jongin in favour of embracing his best friend, who was hurtling towards him at an alarming speed.

"My Satan is crying! What is this?" Baekhyun wailed, his tone playful as he threw his arms around his friend. "You actually have feelings?"

"Shut up, Baekhyun," Kyungsoo laughed, pinching the older boy's waist before pulling away from the hug. "You knew about this?"

"You bet we did," Chanyeol chimed in, hooking an arm around his tiny boyfriend's shoulders. "It was so hard to keep it a secret."

"Too right," Baekhyun groaned, and everyone surrounding them laughed. God knows how much that boy struggled to keep secrets.

With that, Kyungsoo moved on to embracing each of their friends in turn, accepting their congratulations as Jongin did the same.

After wiping his face dry of any residual tears, the smaller grabbed his lover's wrist and pulled him over to the table, where he had thrown the packet of Haribos in favour of hugging the boy beside him.

"I may not have a ring for you, but this will have to do for now," he said softly, taking Jongin's hand in his and slipping one of the red jelly rings on to the boy's finger.

Jongin barked out a laugh before pulling the smaller to his chest yet again, squeezing him affectionately. "You're so cute, Kyungie," he cooed before lifting the pale boy's chin, connecting their lips in a gentle, loving kiss.

"Let's get these celebrations started!" shrilled Jongdae's voice all of a sudden, followed by the distinctive pop of a cork, and then the room erupted in cheers once again.

Over the sound of everyone flocking to get a flute of champagne, Jongin's voice went completely unnoticed as he cried, "hey! Where did you get that?"

~

Later that night, once their friends had headed home, was the moment Kyungsoo chose to gift his boyfriend his own presents, the two of them lying facing each other on Jongin's bed whilst his family celebrated downstairs.

"I didn't get you a ring," Kyungsoo explained, "but I did get you some jewellery."

"You didn't have to get me anything, hyung, you know that."

"Says you!" the shorter protested. "I told you nothing but kisses and you got me so many things."

Jongin only rolled his eyes playfully in response, the two pushing themselves up to sit against the headboard so that he could open the presents better.

The first of two, which Kyungsoo had plucked from his suitcase a few moments ago, was in a gift box similar to that which had held the ring earlier on. Shooting the other a wary look, Jongin carefully lifted the lid of the box, his breath catching in his throat at the sight of a dainty, golden necklace, the chain joining up at either side of a tiny, sparkling infinity symbol.

"Hyung.. it's beautiful," the younger breathed, lifting a finger to ever-so-gently caress the charm.

"I guess we had the same idea, in a way, because this is my promise of forever to you," Kyungsoo said, voice soft and hushed as he smiled fondly at the other boy. "I know it's a little feminine, but.. guys can wear necklaces too, right?"

Chuckling softly, Jongin closed the distance between them momentarily to sweetly kiss one round, pale cheek. "Hyung, I'll wear it every single day without fail. I don't care what people say."

Offering the younger a grateful smile, Kyungsoo fussed over him for a moment playfully. "Open the other one, open it."

Jongin did, unwrapping the red tissue paper to reveal a brown, threaded bracelet with different coloured beads all the way around. At the front, several charms hung from the thread which spelled out 'KJI ~ DKS'.

"Hyung." Jongin blinked. "Did you make this?"

"I.. yeah," Kyungsoo replied, ducking his head timidly as his cheeks coloured in embarrassment. "I know it's probably not very pretty, but-"

"Soo, I love it," the taller interrupted him, beaming as he pulled the boy into another suffocating hug. "It's so pretty, and the fact that you must've gone to so much effort for this makes it all the more precious."

"It did take a while," Kyungsoo snorted, still looking a little sheepish nevertheless. "Those beads were a bitch to thread."

That drew a laugh from the younger, and he gently placed the delicate presents aside before pulling his boyfriend to lay down on the bed again, the two wrapping their arms around each other and intertwining their legs.

"Merry Christmas, Jonginnie," came a soft whisper in the darkness a few hours later.

"Merry Christmas, Kyungie," followed soon after.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 6.3K 41
Do Kyungsoo and Kim Jongin: two different people with two very different personalities. But when they both fall prey to a couple of kidnappers, only...
85.5K 3K 38
Kim Taehyung - The schools most popular boy. He is kind to everyone, he hates bullies even tho sometimes he bullies peopleby accident. A new student...
14K 990 34
After their happy ending, you would expect Jongin and Kyungsoo to be living a good life, but things have changed. Kyungsoo is studying abroad to get...
97.4K 5.1K 29
Byun Baekhyun lives in a run down town and goes to a bad school. Gangs run through the street and just to survive you must know how to fight, but Bae...