The Arranged One | ✔️

By anjaaniwriter

"You're right", she said, sounding contemplative, "Maybe I should grow up and be more practical." "Well...you... More

The Arranged One
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Know You Inside-Out!
Chapter 2 - Lunch yes! Date no!
Chapter 3 - The Weirdest Man
Chapter 4 - Waltz
Chapter 5 - Knock Before You Enter!
Chapter 6 - To Marry You
Chapter 7 - Going To Be Mine
Chapter 8 - What Am I Missing Here?
Chapter 9 - Your Girlfriend Moron!
Chapter 10 - Like A Couple In Love???
Chapter 11 - Does It Upset You?
Chapter 12 - Will that be enough?
Chapter 13 - It's A Great Idea, My Love!
Chapter 14 - You're whipped!
Chapter 15 - Hormonal Teenage Boy
Chapter 16 - Deal?
Chapter 17 - Deal with the Devil
Chapter 18 - Melt in my arms
Chapter 19 - Why??
Chapter 20 - I'll be waiting
Chapter 20 - The Date Isn't Over Yet
Chapter 21 - Best Date Ever
Chapter 22 - Never Going to Change
Chapter 23 - Part 1
Chapter 23 - Going to be a long day - Part 2
Chapter 24 - Not Quite Right
Chapter 25 - Sneak Peek
Chapter 25 - The Appetizers : Part 1
Chapter 25 - The Appetizers : Part 2
Chapter 26 - I Can Explain : Part 1
Chapter 26 - I Can Explain : Part 2
Chapter 27 - My Home : Part 1
Chapter 27 - My Home : Part 2
Chapter 27 - My Home : Part 3
Chapter 28 - My Forever : Part 1
Chapter 28 - My Forever : Part 2
Chapter 29 - A Mistake : Part 1
Chapter 29 - A Mistake : Part 2
Chapter 30 - I Miss Us : Part 1
Chapter 30 - I Miss Us : Part 2
Chapter 30 - I Miss Us : Part 3
Chapter 31 - Best Friends Again : Part 1
Chapter 31 - Best Friends Again : Part 2
Chapter 31 - Best Friends Again : Part 3
Chapter 33 - Part 1
Chapter 33 - Part 2
Chapter 34 - Part 1
Chapter 34 - Part 2
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - Part 1
Chapter 36 - Part 2
Chapter 36 - Part 3
Epilogue
New Story Alert!

Chapter 32 - Do you want this?

15K 576 73
By anjaaniwriter

A/N. Disclaimer: This chapter is a loooong one and also has some mildly mature content. Please be mindful and skip those parts if you don't wish to read it.
Happy Reading!😊

She was laughing, laughing so hard that tears were streaming down her face.

"And then he said he didn't need any of the papers"

She held out a hand to him, not able to take any more laughter.
"Stop it! Abhi...please...you're going to make me pee my pants."

"He is such a moron sometimes. I can't even deal with him sometimes." Abhi said, grinning widely, and shaking his head.

The new intern seemed to be really smart and good at his job, but basically lacked any social conduct. Everyday Abhi came up with a new story of the elusive Jonathon. It cracked Siya up everytime.

"Are we still on for the movie night this Friday?", Abhi asked Siya as he worked in the kitchen, chopping some lettuce for the salad.

It amazed Siya how things had taken a drastic turn. For better or for worse, she was yet to decide. It was like a pendulum, sometimes she felt so grateful to have her friend back but the other times she felt a sharp pang of longing for the man she loved.

After she had agreed to be best friends with him again, and work on getting over the 'romantic feelings' as Abhi so fondly called her love for him, interactions between them had definitely gotten better than before. After a few days of forced conversations, they had become more and more settled in their old roles as each other's best friends.

Abhi had been right, it was easy and natural between them. The friendship, the understanding of what the other thought and felt, completing each other's sentences. They had even started giving each other high-fives again.

Abhi had gone back to being the wonderful bestfriend that he had always been to her.

The only time they had to 'act' romantic was when they went out to parties, or galas or some damned overly public outing.

But even on that front, they seemed to have reached an understanding of sorts. They had set unspoken boundaries and neither of them crossed these. They kept their interactions and physical contact to a strict 'oh-so-sweet' zone instead of the 'oh-so-hot' zone that they were in before. Which meant no kisses and no lingering touches or hugs.

Which meant Siya was trying so hard to enjoy their newfound truce, but was failing miserably. She sometimes felt like letting out a frustrated scream into her pillow. Why? Why did Abhi have to be the most attractive person on the planet? Why did he have to be such an amazing friend? And above all...why did he have to be such a great guy?

When he was being horrible to her, it was atleast easy to manage her feelings. But when he was being all friendly and attentive like he used to be before, somehow her love for him seemed to never be under control anymore. She knew she was going to reach her limit soon. And when she did, she didn't know what would become of their relationship...or even their marriage.

Even so, she was determined to try, try to get back to being friends, try to let go of her feelings for him. A task she was failing at miserably. But she was going to fake it till she made it.

"Yep. What are we watching?" She asked, stirring the almost ready pasta.

"Anything would do." He said, not looking up from the chore he was so focused on.

"Uh-huh. That's what you said last time and we spent an hour going back and forth between the options. You've gotta take a pick." She said, looking at him over the shoulder.

"Umm...Mad Max?" He asked, peeking at her sheepishly.

"Nope. I am not watching that one again. How about X-Men?" She countered, switching off the stove.

"Don't even...! There has to be a limit to how many times one can drool over poor Mister Jackman." He said, finishing up his salad, and facing her.

"There is no limit, because he is sooooo drool worthy!" She said, with her eyes going all dreamy and a hand on her heart.

"Not watching the X-Men movies again. Let's think of something else." He said as he leaned on the counter and crossed his arms over his chest, giving her a disapproving shake of head.

"La La Land?" She asked suddenly, only just remembering the Oscar nominated sensation.

"La La Land? The musical with Ryan Gosling?" He seemed to consider it.

"And Emma Stone. Don't pretend as if you don't like her! She is so hot! Plus we haven't watched the movie yet. Let's rent it and watch pleaaase? It is critically acclaimed!" God she had been wanting to watch it since a really long time.

"Okay okay. If you want to watch it so bad!"

"You are the best Abhi!" Getting caught up in the moment she flung her arms around him, just like she used to back when this were not complicated and they were just bestfriends.

He hugged her back for a moment before the hug started changing into something else. They slowly extracted themselves from the hug and went back to taking care of the dinner arrangements.

"Um...well the pasta is ready and so is the salad by the looks of it. Let's eat?" She asked, trying to dispel the awkwardness.

*

As Abhi took off his tie, he shook his head. He couldn't believe the day he'd had. With the meetings and the design decisions.

But the most eventful thing that happened today had to be one of his main tech lead Martin getting a phone call in the middle of their meeting informing him that his wife was in labor.

God, the man just lost his ability to function. Abhi had to drive him to the hospital and all but drag him to the correct room. He had never seen anyone so freaked out in his entire life. It was in a way completely hilarious.

Abhi had then taken the rest of the day off, and driven straight back home. No point discussing things today, now that Martin wasn't available. All he needed was a quick swim to calm his mind.

Things between him and Siya were going so well. They were back to being bestfriends. Slowly but surely they had dispelled all the negativity in their relationship.

Changing into his swimming trunks he headed upstairs, to the pool. When he slid the doors open to get to the pool, he stopped dead in his tracks.

Abhi had to blink several times just to ascertain that he wasn't dreaming. That he it was actually Siya, his wife, swimming in the pool.

He watched, mesmerized as her slim figure cut through the water in graceful strokes.

It wasn't that she was swimming that had him gut-punched though. It was the fact that she was not wearing one of her usual one-piece swimsuits that had him stop breathing.

To Abhi's utter shock, she was wearing the tiniest red bikini he had ever seen.

Her entire leg was exposed to his gaze, her bare butt coming in and out of his sight as she swam, while her chest was barely covered in what looked like two tiny ellipses, with strings that tied at the back, not even behind her neck. He had no idea how it stayed on as she swam.

With the evening light and the water sliding over her body, it felt like he was watching an erotic art show, arranged just for his pleasure. The fact that she was so engrossed in swimming that she hadn't seen him, made him feel even more thrilled for some absurd reason.

His heart raced so fast that it felt like he was having a heart attack or some attack of some sorts as his feet started moving towards the pool of their own accord. He vaguely registered that to a bystander he would have looked exactly like how Martin had looked this afternoon. Completely robbed of any ability to think.

He felt like he was under some spell as he left his towel on the pool chair, right next to her towel, and dived right in.

As he emerged to the surface, he saw her stop mid swim, her body jerking back in shock. She swam to the edge nearest to her and stood there floating as she held on to the railing.

"W-What are you doing here?" She asked, her eyes wide, her voice trembling.

Due the fact that she was standing, her upper body, right up to her belly button was exposed to his gaze. Rivulets of pool water were flowing down her delectable body to go back to the pool. As she stood there, the tips of her breasts  hardening in response to his heated gaze. He couldn't for the life of him, find the reserve to look away.

She seemed to snap out of the shock as she tried, quite unsuccessfully, to block his gaze by holding her arms to her her chest. God, if there was a heaven, it would look exactly like this.

The water did nothing to help the situation in his trunks, which kept getting bigger and bigger as he continued to look at her.

"Abhi?"

"Huh...hmmm...yeah." He blurted out, hoping to make her stop asking him questions so he could just stare without any interruptions.

"Abhimanyu Acharya!", she said, her tone so sharp that it forced him out of his mindless state of arousal and brought him back to reality.

"Uh...Siya. What are you doing?"

"What do you think I'm doing? Swimming! I-I thought you were going to be out all day. You said...you said you wouldn't be home even for dinner! Then why are you home so early?" She asked him angrily, as if it was his fault she was standing almost naked in the pool.

"Martin took off, his wife is in labor. So the meeting was pushed. Why are you home in the middle of the day huh?" He countered, folding his hands over his chest, and trying to put the ball in her court.

"Took a day off to relax. We just finished the prototype yesterday. Thought I would treat myself." She said, her voice defensive.

"Um...yeah. Swimming is a really good way to relax. I came here for the same reason."

"Oh...th-that's good. Maybe I should let you swim in peace then. I have been swimming for the past hour anyways."

He tried to shrug, to make it look casual, but ended up look if like he was having some kind of seizure.
"Okay...I mean...you don't really have to leave. The pool is big enough for both of us."

Siya narrowed her eyes at his suggestion.

"Even so, I think I'm going to go take a bath now."

"Um...okay" He said, waiting for her to climb out of the pool, but she seemed to be rooted to the spot.

"I'd like to get out of the pool now. Do you mind?" She asked, her nervousness and impatience apparent.

"Not at all. By all means...please go ahead." He said, confused about what she wanted.

"Do you mind?"

"Um...as I said you don't need to leave on my account, but if you want to...well...either ways is fine with me."

She looked like she was going to cry from frustration, but Abhi had no idea what he had done or was doing to cause this frustration.

"God Abhi! Could you look the other way?"

"Oh." He finally understood why she was so agitated with him. Getting out of the pool would mean she would have to practically flash him with her delectable almost naked body.

Tempted as he was he knew not to press the topic.
"Ah...of course, I'll turn around."

He turned around as he heard her quiet, "Thank You"
He heard the sloshing sounds of water as he tried not to picture her getting out of the pool. He closed his eyes to calm his raging manhood, counting backwards from 50.

He was at 42 when he heard a sharp shriek. He turned around to see Siya miss her footing and slip back into the pool. Before he could register what he was doing, he had already caught her in his arms to break her fall.

"Are you alright?!", he asked her as she still seemed to be in pain, as she clutched her ankle.

"Aaah...I think I twisted it...oh god Abhi, it hurts." She exclaimed, clearly in pain as she clutched onto his shoulder.

"Oh sweetheart, let's take a look at it okay?" He said, trying to soothe her as he carefully climbed out of the pool with her in his arms.

He laid her on one of the pool chair, and knelt to take a look at her ankle. Apply soft pressure to her ankle he searched for the knot, finding it, he pinched it to relieve the knot and put her out of her pain.

She yelped out in response and she buried her head on his shoulder.

"There, it should be all better now. I think you just pulled a muscle, it didn't look like you twisted it. Try rotating you foot for me."

She nodded against him, and followed his instruction with success.

"Thank god. I really would've hated a twisted ankle." She said in relief, slumping against him.

A beat passed before they both realized the were in an embrace, with him on his knees, and her draped over him, one of his arm around her bare waist and the other holding her calf. Both her arms were around his neck as her head rested firmly on his shoulders. The heat from their wet almost bare bodies had now started to fire up in their blood a mad state of arousal.

He heard Siya gasp in the realization of what was going on as she tried to untangle herself from him.

"Siya wait." He said, not wanting her to leave just yet...wanting to hold her right there. God she felt so good in his arms. Like it was exactly where she belonged. Abhi knew what he wanted to do next and decided it was time to discuss it with his wife.

*
Abhi was holding onto her almost naked body, not letting her go. In hindsight wearing this poor excuse of a bikini had bad-idea written on it from the very beginning. Some stupid impulse and curiosity of how it would feel to wear this super tiny bikini that Divya had outrageously designed and stuffed into her luggage would look on her and swim, had gotten better of her. Talk about curiosity killing the cat. Or in this case completely killing any remaining dignity she had.

She took a deep breath to calm her insane arousal, and looked into his eyes questioningly.

"Abhi, I-I need to go. You said w-we can't...I don't want things between us to get strained again."

He simply looked right back at her before slowly saying, "Maybe they won't"

"W-what are you saying Abhi?" She whispered, her heart hammering with anticipation, excitement and anxiety.

"I think we've reached a good stage in our relationship. It is cordial and friendly. Almost as good as before. Maybe it's time to take the next step?"

Oh god! She couldn't believe he actually thought they were at a good stage. She didn't how this would end up well.
"I don't know if that's such a good idea."

"Why not? We are both mature adults, bestfriends, who are married to each other. It's been almost 3 months into our marriage. We've done way more than kissing. I would say we are about ready to do this."

He seemed so sure, so rational, it was like he was discussing project pointers and not potentially having $ex with her. But she couldn't help but wonder, maybe...maybe $ex would change things for better between them. No...no...
"Abhi...I don't know about this...I..."

"Come on Siya. I have needs and I'm sure you do too. We can take care of each other as a married couple should."

"Abhi..." But she couldn't deny it. She had needs...she was a 26 year old married virgin, who was insanely attracted to her handsome husband. Her lonely nights were driving her insane with need. At this point she just didn't want to have $ex with him, she needed it.

"Please Siya...It will be really good between us..."

"But..." God, she was a virgin...what if it wasn't good between them, what if she was terrible in bed and that would push him away from her forever.

"I promise to go as slow as you want"

She still had her doubts, especially after the last time.
"I don't want you pulling away from me later. I don't want to you to leave me in the middle of it again. And I don't want you to regret it."

"I promise Siya...I would never do such a thing again. I'm really sorry I ever did that to you. Tell me Siya...do you want this?"

*

A/N.

Hello hello lovely folks!

Can't believe it's been so long, been missing all of you!

First of all, thank you so so much for reading, voting and commenting! I am truly blessed with such amazing and perceptive readers. You people read the story and make it your own by posting such wonderful comments. Thank you so much for making this journey so much more fun!

What do you guys think about this? Should Siya say yes or no?

I know Abhi is being really stupid, but don't be too harsh on him😜 He is a human with flaws, maybe too many flaws if you compare him with Siya😂

Vote.Comment.Share.

❤️❤️❤️For my new readers
❤️❤️❤️❤️For my new readers who've binge read the story
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️For all the readers who've voted for all the chapters
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️For all the readers who have voted and commented on all chapters
😘❤️😘❤️For all the readers who have stuck with Abhi and Siya since the beginning
🤫🤗 For all the silent readers...wish you would tell me how you like my story

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 312 25
Siya Singh Your typical bubbly girl that spreads happiness around. She is the eldest child of the Singhs yet is the most fun loving and cheerful one...
493K 23.7K 66
Book 1 of #ARRANGED HEARTS series.... (This series will contain only arranged marriage stories...so read only if you want to read arranged marriage t...
1.9M 154K 88
"I can give you grandchild without marriage too mom" Mira said after listening to her mom's useless reason making everyone shock. Yeah???? "I...I mea...
299K 18.3K 50
"So, should I take it as a 'yes' Dharani?", Acharya asked me looking straight into my eyes as if he is reading my expressions. I immediately looked d...