The Mistake That Broke Me

By Author_Imminence

~One mistake brought her to her knees. One decision will bring him to the brink of redemption.~ Addison never... More

Prologue
Chapter Two: The Unknown Boy
Chapter Three: Make it or Break it
Chapter Four: The Unknown Man
Chapter Five: Peel the Avocado
Chapter Six: The Mistake That Broke Me
Chapter Seven: I am Broken
Chapter Eight: Convicted & Prison
Chapter Nine: His Domain
Chapter Ten: Life is a Monster
Chapter Eleven: In Eight Hours
Chapter Twelve: The Asylum
Chapter Thirteen: The Examination
Chapter Fourteen: I Am Free
Chapter Fifteen: Taken
Chapter Sixteen: The Brothel
Chapter Seventeen: The Sound of Silence
Chapter Eighteen: Don't Cry
Chapter Nineteen: Breaking Down
Chapter Twenty: He's Got Blue Eyes
Chapter Twenty One: His Fateful Decision
Chapter Twenty Two: He has a Name
Chapter Twenty Three: He's Watching Me
Chapter Twenty Four: His Drug
Chapter Twenty Five: Time to Shine
Chapter Twenty Six: The Encounter
Chapter Twenty Seven: Perfection is an Illusion
Chapter Twenty Eight: Doctor Addison
Chapter Twenty Nine: He Made Me Laugh
Chapter Thirty: Distrust & Revenge
Chapter Thirty One: A Place to Call Home
Chapter Thirty Two: Beautifully Broken
Chapter Thirty Three: His Breaking Point
Chapter Thirty Four: His Panic Attack
Chapter Thirty Five: Setting Them Free
Chapter Thirty Six: Rain
Chapter Thirty Seven: Shark Week
Chapter Thirty Eight: His Promise
Chapter Thirty Nine: Raining Violence
Chapter Forty: He Finally Breaks
Chapter Forty One: Don't Follow Me
Chapter Forty Two: Fight or Die
Chapter Forty Three: Dreamless Sleep
Chapter Forty Four: When She Shatters
Chapter Forty Five: You Love Me?
Chapter Forty Six: His Tender Touch
Chapter Forty Seven: His Prey
Chapter Forty Eight: One Step at a Time
Chapter Forty Nine: Diagnosis
Chapter Fifty: Relapse
Chapter Fifty One: Cold Shower
Chapter Fifty Two: The Good News
Chapter Fifty Three: Imperfect Whole
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter One: A Promising Future

2K 93 47
By Author_Imminence

Song: Never Close Our Eyes by Adam Lambert

*

*

Owen kisses me passionately and I giggle against his lips. His fluffy blonde hair tickles my forehead as his soft lips teases mine.

The bed is soft and comfortable beneath me, and he hovers over me with adoration in his eyes. His arms are on either side of my head, and he dips his head in peppering kisses along my jaw.

"C'mon, Addy, let's go farther." He begs, his hazel eyes sparkling as he brings one of his hands up to caress my sides.

I bite my lip, debating. Owen and I have been dating since we were fifteen. He had been dared to date the weird, shy girl back in freshmen year of high school, and he always tells me he came out winning.

Now, I'm twenty years old and he's twenty-three.

And I had yet to give myself to him.

I've always wanted to wait, I want to be sure I'm serious with the guy before I go and have sex with him. I want it to be special, I want to feel cherished, loved, desired.

And looking up into the pleading eyes of Owen, I think, why not?

He's waited for so long patiently for me. He's been faithful to me, he's been kind to me, and he's proven himself to me. Besides, we've already planned a future together. I was going to college to perfect my singing skills and learn musical instruments, and when I graduate from college in two years, we'd get married.

I love Owen.

I really do.

And so, with a nervous smile, I agree to let him take my virginity.

"Are you sure?" He asks as he takes his shirt off and cages me in his arms once more.

"Yes." Yes, without a shadow of a doubt, yes.

And so he kisses me gently, and keeps eye contact with me the entire time as he removes my clothes. He smiles sweetly at me, and kisses my forehead once he's done removing my clothes. "Beautiful." He mutters under his breath.

I feel my cheek heat up, I've never been naked in front of anyone else before besides my own mother, which really doesn't really count, and I resist the urge to cover myself up.

My cheeks burn up and my ears turn red even more when Owen goes to remove his pants. He chuckles at my reaction and I watch carefully with wide eyes as he discards the last of his clothing.

In an instant, he's back on me, kissing me gently and passionately. He's slow with me, and considerate as it's my first time. Our lips move in sync, and I quietly moan when his lips travel down my neck.

And then I get lost in the bliss as I lose myself to the man I have grown to love.

We become one, and I have no regrets as I let him enter me. It's a bit uncomfortable at first, but he goes slow. He's gentle, caring, and not selfish as he takes me that night, and I get lost in the passion we share together.

And once we are done, I lay on his bare chest, tracing circles on his skin as he runs his fingers through my straight auburn hair. I stare up into his eyes with adoration, and he kisses me on the forehead and closes his eyes.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you too."

And then I drift away into a peaceful sleep, feeling happy I got to give myself to the man I would give the world to.

But as I slept in the warm embrace of my lover, I was unaware that everyone I surrounded myself with would leave me the moment my perfect life became imperfect. Nobody in my life wants a girl who will taint their perfect image.

* * *

The radiant sun shines through the curtains of my bedroom, permeating the room and leaking through the cracks of my eyelids. I'm faintly aware of the screeching alarm clock that sounds as if it's in the distance.

I grumble and groan, pulling the pillow over my head and covering my ears as I smash the alarm clock's snooze button for what must be the tenth time this morning.

A deep rumbling chuckle causes me to crack one eye open. "Baby, we need to get up, we're going to be late for our classes."

Crap!

I forgot about college!

I was too lost in the warm moments cuddling with Owen to remember about college.

Owen sits up in bed, the covers clutching his naked torso as he checks the time on his phone. "And when I mean we're going to be late, I mean we already are late."

I shoot up from bed, forgetting that I am still naked in all my glory. I take one step from the bed, not realizing that the bed covers got tangled around my ankle. I go crashing to the ground with a dull thud (need I remind you in all my naked glory) and groan upon impact.

My moon is on display.

And when I say moon, I'm talking about my butt.

Owen chuckles, pulling on a pair of boxers.

"Help a girl out? Your girlfriend soon to be fiance has made a fool of herself and is lying naked on the floor, and you're just laughing?"

Owen shrugs. "Yes. Yes I am. Besides, I quite like this view of-"

"My ass on display? Of course you do, horn-dog." I tease, getting up from the floor and wrapping myself up in the covers.

I'm still a bit shy about being naked in front of him, okay? Even if we've already done the do and have seen everything. I'm still shy.

Taking a quick shower, I blow dry my hair and slide my contacts in. After I've finished getting dressed and dusting some makeup on, Owen and I get into the car and drive to our rich private college, which is funded by the wealthiest of businessmen and women.

Our college has the best teachers, academics, and sports a college could offer. And stepping onto the campus' path made of intricate stones, I can't help but feel how lucky I am to be able to attend a top college.

But the beautiful campus hides not so beautiful truths.

All the adults attending this college comes from rich families, and the adults grew up knowing they won't have to work a day in their life because they are rich, there is no need to.

So, often times I find that most of the people here don't take anything seriously. They mess around, don't care to learn in the classes, and attend nightly parties in which they end up drunk. They make stupid decisions, and use mommy's and daddy's money to get them out of it.

But....in a way, I crave to experience what the others experience. I understand where they're coming from. I grew up just like they did, and for me, parties sound....appealing to me.

Now, don't get me wrong.

I do want to have a paying job so I won't have to mooch off of my parent's money all my life. A sense of independence is what I crave, and at first, my parent's mocked me for wanting to get a job. They believe they should provide for me.

But isn't that part of growing up?

To be independent, to not depend fully on your parents anymore?

I guess my parents just don't get that yet. Heck, maybe they never will.

However, they were a little more open about it when they found out I would be attending one of America's best, wealthiest colleges. I just wanted my parents to be proud of me for my accomplishments and hard work.

And oh boy, were they proud.

For all the wrong reasons, though.

They only used my accomplishments as bragging rights in order to rub it in the faces of their successors. It was simply a title to them.

I love my parents a lot and I know they love me, but sometimes, they are rather ignorant to my feelings. I've tried discussing how I feel to them and they just brush it off or miss the point completely.

But I shouldn't complain.

I have more than most people, and many would love to have what I have.

Walking into the singer's hall, I see the wall full of awards past singers have won. Every single one of these awards and record deals came from students who attended this school.

And I'm on the same path.

My passion for singing runs deep, and I want nothing more than to show my talent to the world. I've already got several record labels interested in me. Record labels keep in close contact with this school, knowing stars arise from here. The next step is singing in front of them, and they will determine if I am good enough.

And I am excited, anxious and nervous all at once.

This is a make it or break it deal for me, and this could be my dream come true.

I open the doors to the large stage which can hold thousands of guests. Concerts have been held here, and I'm honored to be able to practice my voice in a place where so many talents took place.

"Hello, Addison!" My friends greet. I'm one of the well known women in my school. I have many friends who love me. They're a little crazy at times, but I still love them.

"How are you and your boyfriend doing?" Jenny, the short brunette with big square glasses asks.

"Oh, funny thing you ask..." I say, giggling nervously.

Wanda, the taller girl with black, curly hair and darker skin gasps. "You're blushing! What were you two up to?" She winks at me.

They already know.

"You did the do? You did the real deal? You did the hanky panky?" My blonde friend, Tina, speaks up. Her voice carries through the theater. People turn their heads and look at me.

"Oh, shut up you three! Yes, I did, alright? But quiet down, now everyone knows because you don't know how to keep your voice down." I say, shushing them.

"Sorry." Tina whispers loudly.

"How was it? Was it good? Did it hurt? Was Owen Jr. big?" Wanda asks, running her mouth. Wanda is my best friend, we've been friends since we were babies, as we were neighbors. We grew up together and it seems as if we are practically sisters.

"Alright, that's quite enough. Yes, it was....good. He was so kind about it."

"You're so in love. You look like you absolutely adore him, and I'm so happy for you. It's about time you stop being a prude and finally do it." Tina says. I clench my jaw, slightly annoyed at her comment.

Prude for waiting a bit to have sex?

As if!

"At least I've got some dignity, I personally don't like sleeping with every guy on the block, Tina. That's just not my lifestyle."

"Eh, your loss." Tina replies, shrugging.

"How is your boyfriend, Jenny?" I ask, wanting to get the attention off of me.

"Oh, Bradd? I broke up with him."

"What? Why? You two were going so strong and he seemed to really love you." I say, shocked. Jenny and Bradd were the literal image of love itself. Their eyes were always happy around one another and Bradd treated her well.

"Oh, I found out he switched jobs. He traded in his high paying job to work with the homeless! Can you believe that? No offense, but I want a man with money, I don't want him living with....those types of people. I care about my image too much."

My jaw drops.

I've always known my friends were shallow but this.....this is crossing the line.

"Well, I think it's great he decided to do that. Helping people can really be a rewarding experience and-"

"Well, if the reward doesn't involve money, then I'm out." She says, cackling and waving the issue off.

I bite my lip in frustration. I need new friends.

"So, I was thinking. There is a sale on Valentino handbags today at the mall. After today's classes, do you girls want to join me? I could use a new bag." Wanda says.

I nod. "Sure, why not. I don't need a new bag but I will go any way."

"Of course!" The other two girls agree.

"Addison Coleman, to the stage please." My professor Miss Anderson says.

"Alright girls, wish me luck." I tell my friends, running off to practice my vocals on the stage. I step onto the stage, the lights shining down upon me. I adjust the microphone and gently tap it to make sure it's on.

A few of my classmates are scattered about the theater, memorizing songs and warming up their vocal chords.

"You'll do great, Addy! I believe in you! I'm your biggest fan!" Wanda screams, frantically waving her arms and jumping up and down like a hooligan.

I laugh at her actions, and once I've gained my composure, I begin to sing. Everything around me fades, and it's as if I'm the only one in the world. It's as if time stands still. I do my best to hit the higher notes, as Miss Anderson has told me to pick songs with higher notes to improve in that area.

This time, I think I did better than last time. No, it wasn't perfect, but I had improved from last time, and that's what matters.

One step at a time.

I wrap up the song, and my friends stand clapping loudly. "When can I buy your album?" Wanda asks. Well, more like screams.

I laugh once more.

"Let's quiet down over there." Miss Anderson tells them before clearing her throat and looking at me, "That was spectacular. You hit every note almost just right. Once again, practice a little more on your high notes, they could still use some work, Addison. I will evaluate you next month, and if you've improved more, I will call up those record labels for you."

"Really?!"

"Yes, I believe you have what it takes." Miss Anderson says, smiling, "But practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. I cannot stress that enough. Make sure not to strain your voice, though. You know that already."

"Yes, Miss Anderson. Thank you!"

"Of course." She says, pushing her glasses back up the bridge of her nose and glancing at the couple making out in the corner of the room. "Kyle Smith! There is no fraternizing in the theater, please. Get a room for God's sake!"

Alright, I'll take my leave, then.

Walking out the door, I glance back at the stage.

I imagine the sound of screaming fans, the blaring lights, the fog machines, and of course, me, singing my soul out in front of thousands.

Yes, a promising future.

A promising future indeed.

*

*

*

First chapter! Yay me! How is it so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 927 47
This story sucks, don't read it! It's amazing how quickly your life can change. In a slow town like this, where nothing exciting ever happens, wher...
7.5K 277 30
Austyn Bennett has experienced more trauma than any 25 year old should. She is fighting and losing against her PTSD and reckless behavior. She has no...
604K 3.5K 32
Spencer King vows his life to Chicago's Southside gang with hopes of escaping a shattered life, but when he meets Adrienne Jackson, a girl new to the...
310K 10.6K 38
'I had guilt that ate me out from the inside and made me want to throw up. Guilt that started as a young child and continued to fester until I was do...