Darker Days

Von JFarley

A Rick Grimes love story. ******EDITING******** Rachel was stuck on her own in a world where the dead walk ar... Mehr

* 1 *
* 2 *
* 3 *
* 4 *
* 5 *
* 6 *
* 7 *
* 8 *
* 9 *
* 10 *
* 11 *
* 12 *
* 13 *
* 15 *
* 16 *
* 17 *
* 18 *
* 19 *
* 20 *
* 21 *
* 22 *
* 23 *
* 24 *
* 25 *
* 26 *

* 14 *

4K 112 23
Von JFarley

©JRF2015-R2021

My dreams are filled with Rick Grimes. They are scattered with so many confusing pictures. There was one, however, that warmed me up more than any other. The image makes me smile like a fool. Rick and I standing on a porch, a large front yard, bright green grass, and three children running around playing. I did not want to leave that dream but I could feel a presence, not like Rick's. Another presence I am not as familiar with. I open my eyes and look up to see Michonne leaning against the far wall. I scrunch my eyebrows confused as I sit up. "Been thinking about what you said the other day," she says not moving, "about going with me to get my sword back. I don't think you should."

"I want to," I reply, "you shouldn't go alone."

"Yeah, I know you want to, but you've been with these people for a while, you've formed bonds, and have a home here. No one here is attached to me, no one would miss me if I didn't come back. If something happened to you, they would miss you. I can't be the reason something happens to you, the reason you are taken away from them."

"You seem so sure that something will happen to me? What if nothing happens to me?" I stand to my feet now, "Life is still life, right? Can't live it being afraid of what might happen. I want to help you." Michonne looks at the floor, obviously contemplating my words. "Tomorrow?" She looks up at me confused, "do you want to go tomorrow?"

"I was thinking about it, but -- alone." Michonne sighs, I think realizing I am not letting this go and I won't let her go alone. I pull out a chair and sit down at the table, folding my hands.

"Hmm, not such a hard-hearted woman after all," I chuckle and she rolls her eyes.

"Shut up," she retorts and I clear my throat, awkwardly. She starts laughing and I release that tension I was currently feeling.

"So, what's your plan?"

"I don't think we should go in the daylight hours, The Governor will surely be on the lookout for us." I nod as I sit there, listening while she lays it out for me.

We wait until everyone is inside for dinner before taking a car from the pool and slipping out. Maggie was on watch at the gate, she had too many questions but between the two of us, they were all answered to Maggie's satisfaction. The drive was quiet. The time it takes to get to Woodbury is a lot faster in a car than on foot. It is dark but not dark enough, so we wait a little longer. Away from the fences of the town but close enough to see the guards on lookout atop them. The part of the fence where we left last time now has men in place, The Governor made sure to cover it since our escape I guess. "Looks like you were right, Governor wised up and covered the holes in his little privacy fence. We'll have to find another spot to go in -- if there is one." I tell Michonne pointing to the old spot. She just nods, eyes scanning the perimeter.

~~Meanwhile at the prison~~

Rick watches Merle throughout supper tonight. He seems antsy. Maybe because Rachel isn't here. Rick wonders why but is pulled back to Merle as he pushes his plate away, without touching his food, and starts pacing. As Rick stands, ready to approach the man, Merle darts out the door. Rick follows. Merle heads straight for the gate and Maggie. Rick slows his pace to a casual stroll, watching. He catches up just as Maggie tires of Merle's questions and heads back up to the tower. "What's going on Merle? Why are you so anxious tonight?"

"You ain't?" Merle spins around, a mixture of anger and worry on his face. "Your girl is out there with Michonne, alone."

"Where did they go? Why didn't she tell me? Why would she go with Michonne after last time?" Merle throws his hands up, staring at Rick.

"That's what I wanted to know. Ol' girl up there ain't tellin' me nothin' though. I do have a pretty good idea where they went though, and I'm going after them."

"Woodbury," Rick mutters and Merle nods.

"Mind if I tag along?" Merle and Rick both turn around to see Daryl, crossbow over his shoulder and just as anxious. Merle shakes his head, looking at Rick.

"I don't mind at all baby brother? What about you Officer Friendly? You going too?" Rick nods as he turns to walk toward the truck.

"Hell yeah I am, " Rick calls back over his shoulder, "be right back with the ride." Rick is shaking his head as he climbs into the truck, firing it up. Unanswered questions on repeat in his brain. Why would she leave? Why would she go with Michonne? Why did she have to leave so late? It is almost dark, he hopes they find them before it is completely dark. Before they do something stupid.

~~~~~~

"There," Michonne finally speaks. I look to where she is pointing. "No one guarding that section. I think it is dark enough, let's move." I nod as we get out of the car, as quietly as possible, and sneak over to that unguarded section of fence. Michonne makes it over the fence quickly and without incident. I climb up, swinging my legs over, hanging there for a second with my back to the town. I let go and drop, landing on my feet but losing my balance and falling onto my back. I feel a hand on my shoulder pulling me back to my feet. "Thanks," I start to tell Michonne when I look at the hand on my shoulder. My eyes follow the arm up to a face that does not belong to Michonne. Fear grips me. I can't move. Can't speak, can't fight back. My eyes find Michonne being dragged away by what looks to be the Governor but I can't tell for sure from the back. "I told the Governor someone in your group would be trying again," the man holding tight to my arm now says smiling. "You assholes are pretty predictable. I like that, makes my job easier."

He is dragging me through back alleys, keeping us out of sight of the residents. I recognize this from the last time. Dread comes on me full force, my heart rate speeds up. He is taking me to that dark Hell I was in before. I feel my arms begin to tremble as I imagine what fresh hell awaits me this time. Fear grips even tighter. No doubt The Governor is a lot angrier now. I try desperately to calm myself. I need to focus. I let him lead me as I close my eyes. I can feel my heart return to its normal rhythm as I try and succeed in gaining control again. His grip changes, he is getting ready to open the door, I think. I open my eyes and see that I am correct in that assumption. This is my chance. I pull my arm out of his grasp and he spins around. Before he has a chance to grab me again, I land a punch to his nose. He cups his hands over his face, doubling over and I drop my elbow onto his back. He hits the ground and I take off. I look back over my shoulder to see if that man is following, thankfully he is just picking himself up off the ground. I turn back just in time to be met with the fist of another one of the Governor's flunkies. My world goes dark.

~~~~~~~

They pull up to a car parked on the side of the road. It is one of their own. Merle jumps out before Rick has the truck fully stopped. He is looking in the car through the windows at first, then yanks open the passenger door. "Don't look like she was forced to ride along."

"It doesn't make sense though, why would either of them come back here? Do they not think The Governor is going to be watching for them, or any of us?" Rick stares at the fence, frustrated as he tugs at his hair. Just behind there lies Woodbury and the Governor with Rachel and Michonne.

Merle quickly cooks up a plan to sneak inside and, to Rick's surprise, it is a pretty decent plan. "Daryl, you and Glenn go around to that side, while me and Officer Friendly take the other." Daryl nods as he walks off with Glenn. Rick follows Merle's lead, walking in silence until Merle finally breaks it, "So, Officer Friendly, you and Rachel pretty serious?" Rick cocks his head to the side and stares at him for a second before answering.

"Why do you want to know?" Rick asks almost angry at him for the nerve. Merle shrugs with that smirk playing at his lips.

"No reason," Merle replies before continuing the walk to their entry point. No other words were spoken, just a sideways glance from Merle every minute or so. Rick can feel his blood begin to boil and he doesn't even have a reason for it. "What is your problem, Merle?" Rick growls at him but Merle puts a finger to his lips for silence before pointing through the fence. Rick looks through and sees The Governor's men dragging Michonne and Rachel away in opposite directions.

~~~~~~

I wake up in a dark room. I can't see much but I know it is the same room I was trapped in before. I start thinking that Michonne was right, I shouldn't have come with her. I should have stayed back at the prison. I can feel the pain and swelling on my face from that blow. Then I hear his whistling and I jump. I have a sinking feeling that I will not make it out of here alive this time. "I see you're finally awake." I can hear his feet shuffling and I follow the sounds as he keeps moving. All at once, I feel his hot breath on my face. Then the cold from some kind of metal on my cheek. A quick, sharp sting and then the feel of blood rolling down my face. I flinch but refuse to scream or cry. He smiles, I can't see it but I know he is smiling, I hear it in his voice when he finally speaks again while a soft glow begins to light up the room. He has turned on a small lantern, one you would use while camping. "I am really glad it was you who snuck back in here," he speaks softly, and traces my jawline with the cold metal that I can now see is some kind of surgical tool, "I've got big plans for your boyfriend and his group of bandits when they come to your rescue." I blink as my eyes adjust to light again and feel my whole body adjust at the same time.

"Wh-what are you gonna do?" I stutter and he snickers.

"The only thing I'm gonna reveal is that Rick is gonna watch everyone he loves die horribly and slowly before I kill him." He picks up more sharp metal items and tosses them back and forth between his two hands, taunting me. "For right now though, I am going to make you pay for the audacity of thinking you can outsmart me by sneaking in here unseen."

"You won't win, Rick's gonna kill you." He holds up a finger to quiet me before closing his fist tight and drawing back. There is a powerful sting to the side of my face as my head flies to the right. He begins cutting into my flesh before my brain even has time to register what just happened. I can feel the different tools he is using on me. Like he is purposely trying to find the one that will cause the most pain. He wants to hear me scream. I refuse to let him see how much pain I am in though. After several minutes I am somehow able to drown out the sound of his creepy whistle and the pain.

I am pulled back suddenly. He has stopped the torture and he is quiet. "What do you want?" I hear him call out and I am confused.

"They're here." I hear the voice from outside the door for the first time.

"Now the real fun's about to start." I hear his footsteps leave me and his torture tools scatter on the ground.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

283K 6.4K 45
Half Italian and half redneck, Isabella Rosa Dixon is the daughter of that mouthy old redneck Merle Dixon. She hasn't seen her father since before t...
109K 3K 51
"You drew stars,around my scars But now I'm bleeding" You'd think at the end of the world falling in love would be impossible. But for a grumpy redne...
22.9K 367 65
Don't make me sad, don't make me cry Sometimes love's not enough And the road get's tough ...
248K 5.4K 47
•Book 1• Book 2 will be coming as soon as possible! Alex Grimes (you) always had a Fire in her. She was training to be a cop, Just like her father...