The Eye of The Storm | Dave E...

By shaytheless

25 year old Angel Amore is in love with her life. Having Amir, her serious longtime boyfriend of 7 years, by... More

🥀 1
🥀 2
🥀 3
🥀 4
🥀 5
? 6
🥀 7
🥀 8
🥀 9
🥀 10
🥀11
🥀 12
🥀 13
🥀 14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55 Part 1
55 Part 2
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64 Part 1
64 Part 2
65
66
67
68
69
Requested: Music Playlist
70
71
72
73
"When are you coming back?"
Moving On

28

72.8K 2.9K 1K
By shaytheless

Angel

Today is the day of David's grand opening and I couldn't be more proud of him. I can't believe he's actually starting his own LEGAL business and letting go of his old life.

The ribbon cutting was at 5pm. It was now 4:30pm. I didn't want to miss this.

I grabbed Dave's gift off the dresser. Before I ran out of the house, I examined myself in the mirror.

[S/N: I tried my best to make her look pregnant 😭]

Yeah that's as good as I'll get.

I ran out the house, locked up, and hopped in my car.

***

I pulled up to the gym and it was a million people standing outside of the door. I mean I know David knew a lot of people, but damn... Even the radio stations and news crew were here.

I parked and got out.

Walking up to the door, I spotted Stephanie.

"Best friend!" I said running up to her.

"Hey! Ooh you look gorgeous..." She said smiling at me. "Thank you! So do you!" I said back to her.

As we were catching up, Jd walked up.

"Wassup sis!" He said, side hugging me. "Hey Jd! Where the hell your friend at?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"He should be here any minute now because it's almost time for the ribbon cutting." He said to me. He looked up and noticed Stephanie.

"Hey Stephanie... How are you?" He asked.
"Good." She said as she examined her freshly manicured hand.

"You look great." He said softly. "I know." She looked to the left of her. I scrunched my face up and looked between the both of them.

The fuck?

They're never like this. I mean Steph is always mean to him, but she's never this stand off-ish.

"Um sis, I'm going to catch up with you later." He said walking away. "Okay..." I said sadly.

I slapped Steph on her shoulder. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I whisper yelled.

"Ow! Nothing!" She yelled. "Well why are you treating him like that?!" She looked away from me.

"Steph!" I turned her face towards me. "I don't want to talk about it right now, okay?!"

"Stephanie... This better not have anything to do with Glenn..." Glenn was Stephanie's college sweetheart. I've never seen her so head over heels for anyone. But Glenn treated her bad and mentally broke her down. They've always been on and off throughout the course of her life. One minute he would be here, then the next he would disappear for long periods of time. He would then pop back up, spoiling her with lavish gifts to cover up his wrong doings. He's the main reason why Stephanie is the way she is when it comes to relationships: She's cold hearted and can't commit to anyone.

"Angel, I don't wanna hear it..." She shook her head.

"Listen Stephanie, Jaceyon loves you. I know he's goofy and silly, but so are you. You gotta stop being so damn mean to him Stephanie. You know that nigga will kill for you. Let Glenn go. You know he's full of shit..." I said to her.

She sighed, "I know... It's just hard..."

"You need to talk to Jd Stephanie..." I said. "And tonight." Now it was my turn to give her ass the eye.

"Ugh okay okay! I'll go by his house after everything is over." "Good." I smiled at her.

Just as I said that, I saw David walk up with Mya and Mama Faye right behind him. The crowd started cheering. I got excited seeing her. She spotted me through the crowd.

"Hey!" She mouthed to me as she waved. "Hey Mama!" I waved back.

He walked up to the door.

"Hey everyone! Thank you all for being here! I'm so glad to see everyone! I'm now going to cut the ribbon so we can all celebrate!" He looked around. Jd walked up to him and handed him the huge scissors.

"Preciate man." He whispered.

He opened the scissors and cut the ribbon. The crowd started cheering. I was smiling uncontrollably.

"Alright everyone, welcome to Raise the Bar!" He yelled as he opened the door. Everyone walked in.

***

"This is nice as fuck..." Stephanie said as she sipped on her drink. "Yeah it is..." I looked around.

He did such a great job with selecting the building, the staff, the equipment, everything. The space was huge.

"I love the whole vibe of it." I said. Stephanie nodded her head in agreement.

"Excuse me ladies... I'm Stephen Wiet fro Channel 12 News. Would you guys like to say anything to Mr. Taylor?" A handsome white guy said to us with a huge camera in his hand.

"We're going to put it in his segment on the news tonight and tomorrow!"

"Oh yes! Of course!" I said.

"Okay, there's no need for touch up. Both you look absolutely beautiful! I'm going to count to three with my fingers, and when I get to the third finger, look right into the camera and you guys just say whatever you want to say." He said as he held his camera up.

"Okay!"

"Okay! One! Two!" He held up his third finger.

"Congratulations David! We love you!" We yelled, smiling.

"Great great good! We got it! Thank you ladies!" He said walking away. "You're welcome!" We said.

I spotted David across the room. As soon as I laid my eyes on him, we made eye contact. He walked over to me and we met in the halfway.

"Heyyyy!" We both said to each other as we hugged. "You look so good!" I said to him. He was wearing a red, black, and white gucci sweater with black jeans.

"Not as good as you!" He grabbed my hand and spun me around.

"I'm so proud of you! Of my gosh! I can't believe you did all of this!" I said looking around. "This is amazing..." He snickered.

"Thank you so much... You know I wouldn't have been able to do this without you..." He said looking into my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I said smiling.

"You being there for me, motivating me when I felt like I couldn't do it. Telling me that going back to the streets wasn't an option. Believing in me when no one else did. Believing in me when I didn't believe in myself. Giving me my little butt. Everything..." As of now, tears were flowing out of my eyes.

"Aw, thank you David..." I whispered.

He patted my tears away. "No thank you. I owe you the world. I really do." He kissed my forehead.

"Ooh is this for me?" He said grabbing the little red bag in my hand. "Yes yes it is." I said smiling.

He opened it up.

"Oh my god Angel... Thank you so much!" He picked me up and spun me around. I giggled. "I know you already have a rolex, but you don't have one this style."

"No no! This is perfect... Aye Jd! Aye!" He called for him across the room. Jd spotted us and hurried over.

"Aye B, I'm really finna be glowing in the dark now!" He showed him the watch.

"Ooh that shit nice! Who brought you that?" He asked. "Angel!"

"Awe shit Ang!" He said hugging me. I laughed.

"I love you Baby Mama..." He said holding my belly. "I love you too Baby Daddy..." He kissed my cheek.

"Hey I'll catch y'all later alright?" Dave said.

"Alright." He walked away.

"Mama Faye came up to me. "Heyyyy my guardian angel!" "Hey Mama!" I said as she hugged me.

"How's my grand baby doing?" She cooed to my stomach. "Slowing me down!" We both laughed.

"Ma we really need to be working on this line!" I whined. "I know, I know! But listen, i'm getting everything handled and together. I know a woman that works down at the fabric store so we can start getting 50% discounts off on the-" I was listening to her as she informed me about the line but I got distracted by something...

I focused my eyes out of the window. I seen Mya talking to some tall dark skin guy outside. She was giggling all in his face as he touched on her. He then kissed her lips and they parted ways. She walked back into the building.

I was shocked. I mean at least if you're going to cheat, make sure the guy is cute. I would never cheat on David... He's to good of a guy for that. He has a heart of gold.

I tried to hold my composure as Mama Faye talked to me.

I need to get to David... I have to tell him.

"Hey m-" I was interpreted by a voice coming over the speakers.

"Hey everybody can I get your attention please?"

David

"Hey everybody, can I get your attention please?" I said into the mic. Everyone turned towards me and got quiet.

"The night is almost over and I just want to say thank you to everyone for being here and sharing this amazing moment with me. Thank you to my team and my family for helping this dream come true." I pointed to them.

"But before we leave, there's something I need to do..."

I walked up to her and dug into my pocket. I pulled out the box.

"You've been there for me and i'm so grateful to have in my life. I'm so nervous and my thoughts are everywhere. I've never done this before..." Everyone snickered.

"I'm ready to start a family. I'm ready to get married..." I got down on one knee. Tears were flowing out of her eyes.

I looked her directly in the eyes.

"Will you marry me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.2K 69
Dave east falls in love with a Amaria! They get to know each other for a little bit before she friend zones him. Dave is not able to resist Amaria an...
16.9K 793 50
Kierra ran away to nyc to find a new life and career. Due to family issues she was having. She meets East's and fall in love .. something's she is no...
52.5K 1.7K 13
Alaysia Rhenee Stevens(Uh-lay-zhuh Ruh-Nay) is a 27 year old Trinidadian born woman who lives in Brooklyn, New York. She's a U.S Air Marshal and most...
52.9K 4K 24
No relationship...no ring...and no wedding! Dave and April have called it quits and what would be a world wind romance with a beautiful and loving bl...