Open Relationship

By kryzme

James has always been the nice girl, the girl who does everything right. However, when she's torn between the... More

Open Relationship
Open Relationship - Chapter 2
Open Relationship - Chapter 3
Open Relationship - Chapter 4
Open Relationship - Chapter 5
Open Relationship - Chapter 6
Open Relationship - Chapter 7
Open Relationship - Chapter 8
Open Relationship - Chapter 9
Open Relationship - Chapter 10
Open Relationship - Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 19

370 12 4
By kryzme

I know it's been long. Please don't kill me. Lots of things happening in my life. Love you all. Please read and forgive me, lol. 

To the side is a picture of my gorgeous boyfriend Ryan, who is actually a jazz musician which I think it's funny that there's a jazz club in this story. If you all actually want to hear him playing some jazz, his website is ryanwaszmer.com 

Enjoy the story! 

________________________

James

I was on bed rest for a few days, but I finally managed to get out of the house the following Friday night and make my way to the jazz club. Wes drove me, refusing to let me go anywhere on my own. Though to be honest, I was glad I didn’t have to walk in the dark. I sat at a table so that I could relax my knee and jumped up when Noah took a seat beside me.

“Noah?” I asked, in shock.

“I was hoping I’d catch you in here sometime. You won’t answer my calls.” I looked down guiltily. I’d been nervous about talking to him when I was so vulnerable. “Did you think about what I told you?”

I actually had thought about what Noah had told me. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I was more torn between Landon and Noah than I’d originally thought. Even when I’d “chosen” Landon, I couldn’t erase Noah from my thoughts. I was so lost and confused, wondering if this made me some kind of ‘love-whore’.

“Noah…”

“James, I love you.” I felt my heart stop and I looked up into Noah’s eyes. His gaze read true. I wasn’t sure what I felt then. A spark lit somewhere inside me, like fireworks bursting throughout.

“I-…I-…”

“I know you don’t love me, James. Maybe not yet. But I will work every day of the rest of my life, trying to change that.”

“Noah, I don’t want to hurt you,”

“The only thing that could hurt me is you walking away right now and not giving us any kind of chance.”

I wasn’t sure what else I could say. I did feel strongly for this man. Was it love? I didn’t know, but maybe it could grow into love. It wasn’t as if the man I thought I did love cared about me anymore anyway. Noah wanted to give me everything, all of himself. The least I could do was return the favor.

Then I wondered to myself, did I really love Landon? Could I really love someone who had chosen his career over me? Shouldn’t I at least try with Noah and see if we could really be happy together?

“Okay.” I found myself saying.

“Okay?” He repeated, his eyes lighting up.

“Yes, I really care about you Noah, and I want to see where it will go.” I was crushed in his arms in an instant, his lips pressed against my cheek.

“You have no idea how happy you’ve just made me, James.” I laughed at his words and pulled back to look in his eyes. In that moment I realized, I was just as happy about my decision.

Abby

I buzzed downstairs at James’s apartment for the third time and groaned. “Where is that girl?” I knew it was really late, but she had been locked up and sleeping for days in that apartment on bed rest. I had wanted to make her Friday night special with some wine, chick flicks, and Chinese food. I was about to give up when I turned and bumped right into Wes.

“Oomph!” He grunted as he regained is balance. “Oh, hi there Abby.” He smiled as he messed with his keys as he went to open the door. “Not to sounds rude, but what are you doing here?”

“Yeah, I was buzzing for James, but she must be asleep or something.”

“No, she’s at the club. I came back because I forgot my phone.”

“She’s at the club? Shouldn’t she be resting?” I asked.

“I think she had a bit of cabin fever. I drove her there so it wasn’t like she had to walk or anything.” He gestured for me to follow him inside. “You could come with me and I’ll drive you over there too if you want to see her. The only thing is that she’s with Noah and you probably won’t get a lot of her attention.” He chuckled.

“Noah? What’s happening?” I was completely confused.

“He came to see her at the club. They talked and I guess they’re giving it a shot. After what your brother did, I’m not going to tell her not to try and be happy with someone else. No offense to your brother or anything.” He added.

“You can offend my brother all you want. He’s an idiotic ass for what he’s doing.” I said with a shrug. Wes grabbed his phone from the coffee table and turned back to me.

“So what do you think? You want to head to the club?”

I bit my lip. “I dunno. Maybe I’ll just hang on your couch and eat my Chinese food. I don’t want to interrupt her and Noah right now. I’ll ask her about it later.”

“You sure you want to be waiting for her if they both end up coming back here?” He asked, eyebrow raised.

“Ew. No.”

“Well, come to the club and hang out with me. I’m not bartending tonight, just managing then closing up.” I felt my cheeks blush at the idea of spending time with Wes. He stepped closer to me with his ever-present smirk and cocked his head to the side. “It’ll be fun, I promise.” I actually felt a little flustered by Wes’s presence, which never happened around other men.

“Oh, um, okay.” I said, unable to think of another response. He chuckled and then nodded.

“Good, let’s go.”

It was hard not to enjoy being in Wes’s company throughout the night. And I couldn’t deny the free drinks either. I snuck glances over at James and Noah tucked in a booth in a darker corner for more privacy, but there was no denying the electricity between them as they spoke intimately, sneaking kisses every so often. Noah looked so smitten with her, that I couldn’t be upset that she wasn’t with my brother. He’d made the mistake of pushing her away, and I could see that Noah would do anything to make James happy.

They left after a short while, James coming over and speaking with me before they left. “Oh my god!” She hissed at me when Noah was a good distance away caught in conversation with Wes.

“You look so happy!” I said with a bright smile. She really did look like fireworks were bursting in her eyes.

“I-…I am!” She said, looking surprised. “I knew I told you how I felt about your brother, but maybe I was trying so hard to push Noah away because of the whole open relationship thing he had with Mae that I refused to see that I really did have feelings for him.”

“It’s a strong possibility.” I laughed. “I’m happy if you’re happy. He looks like he is absolutely head over heels in love with you James.” James couldn’t stop smiling and it was contagious. “Okay, now go with your boytoy! He looks like he’s itching to get you to bed.”

“Abby!” She shrieked, playfully hitting me.

“You know I’m right.” I gave her a knowing smile and she shrugged.

“We’ll see. I’m still pretty broken all over.”

“Just tell him to be gentle with you.”

“Okay, I’m going to go then. I’ll call you tomorrow. And don’t think I’ll forget to ask you about you here with my brother.”

“What?” I asked, a little shocked, actually feeling my cheeks flush.

“I’m not an idiot! Have fun! Be safe!” She winked before walking over to Noah and they disappeared out the door. I turned to see Wes heading back over to me and I gulped.

For once, I was actually nervous to be left alone with a guy.

I told Wes I’d stay with him while he closed since he promised me a ride home. He walked me up to my apartment door. “Abby, I had a lot of fun tonight.” He told me and I smiled.

“I did too, surprisingly enough.”

“Surprisingly enough?” Wes repeated showing his gleaming white teeth in a wide smile.

“I just haven’t had a decent date in a long time and…”

“Woah, date?” He teased and I rolled my eyes.

“I didn’t mean this was a date, I just meant hanging out with a guy at all…”

“Oh, too bad. I was hoping it was a date.” He finished.  

“Yeah?” I said, feeling that blush creep on my cheeks again. Damnit! What was with this guy and making me blush!

“Yeah, I like you Abby.” He leaned forward and captured my lips with his, pressing me against my door. I felt the electricity run through every part of me. I was glad he was holding me otherwise I would’ve melted into a puddle on the ground.

“Come inside,” I breathed once we broke for breath from our passionate kiss.

“I thought you’d never ask.” He pushed his lips to mine again and opened the door, pushing me inside, our lips still connected.

We fell on my bed, both our shirts gone and my jeans at my ankles. I used my feet to push my jeans all the way off and I moaned at the feel of Wes rubbing his body against mine. He looked into my eyes, pausing. “We don’t have to go too far if you don’t want to.” He assured me and I grinned.

“Believe me, I want to.” I pulled him to my lips again. I wouldn’t regret one bit of this night.  

_____________________________________-

Yay for Abby and Wes! And for Noah and James? Let me know what you all think <3 

Also, don't forget you can check out my boyfriend's website ryanwaszmer.com 

He's a jazz guitarist! <3 His picture is the one at the side --->

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 24 25
Rebecca is just a normal girl with a normal family. Yeah she can stand out in a crowd and yes she's kinda tall. She's a freak, okay? but you know wha...
535 40 32
By day, Zoe is your average High school girl. She has cool friends and okay grades... Hand her a volleyball, and her spike will scare boys off... Wh...
169K 2.7K 11
She was good He was bad She cared what people think He cared less what people think She was his weakness He was her strength When they meet each oth...
281K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...