The Alpha's Expectations | Co...

By PebbleQueen

Hudson doesn't really want a mate, but he knows he'll have one regardless of what he wants. So he decides th... More

COMING SOON
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 Part 1
Chapter 34 Part 2
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Wolf Bonus Chapter
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 Part 1
Chapter 39 Part 2
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
QUESTIONNAIRE (PLEASE READ)
Chapter 43 Part 1
Chapter 43 Part 2
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 Part 1
Chapter 45 Part 2
Chapter 46 Part 1
Chapter 46 Part 2
Chapter 47 Part 1
Chapter 47 Part 2
Chapter 48 Part 1
Chapter 48 Part 2
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 Part 1
Chapter 50 Part 2
Chapter 51 Part 1
Chapter 51 Part 2
Chapter 52 Part 1
Chapter 52 Part 2
Chapter 53 Part 1
Chapter 53 Part 2
ANNOUNCEMENT (PLEASE READ)

Epilogue

411K 15.2K 4.9K
By PebbleQueen

Lmao, I'm not ready. This feels so weird. 

***

Six months later....

(A/N: Some parts of this chapter are going to be inaccurate because I was dumb and didn't think to do research when I wrote it so I apologize for that.)

HUDSON

I was not going to panic.

Who was I kidding? I was this close to having a panic attack in the middle of the goddamn hospital.

"Alpha, are you alright?" A nurse came up to me nervously, eyeing my pale face with concern.

"Does it look like I'm okay?" I snapped, causing her to wince as I wiped the sweat away from my forehead. I squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath. This was no time to be snappy with everyone. All I needed was to get to Alexis before she killed me for not getting there fast enough and gave birth without me.

I cleared my throat and mentally calmed my self down before turning to the nurse once again, "Where is your Luna?"

"Right this way, Alpha." 

She led me down a few hallways before knocking on one of the doors and opening it up, "Luna, the Alpha is here."

Based on what I had seen in those birth coach videos, I had expected to see Alexis in the bed, doing some breathing exercises with someone beside her, mopping up her sweat. 

But, of course, my Luna always had to break my expectations.

She was sitting there with a bag of potato chips and laughing at something Boston was saying. When she noticed the door open, she blinked in surprise and smiled, "That was quick. Did you run here?"

My breath caught in my throat at the sight. Her skin was glowing and her eyes were twinkling with joy and excitement as she stared at me. Pregnancy was a very good look on her, and I was honestly going to miss coming home and watching her waddle around adorably. 

I didn't even realize how long I was staring at her until a crumpled up napkin hit my forehead. I growled and glared at Boston, who was smirking with a knowing look his eyes.

"Are you just going to stand there while your son is about be born?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to yank him out of the chair, "Out. I want some time with Alexis."

He raised his hands in surrender, "Alright, alright. Chill. You're not the only one with a mate."

My eyes narrowed, and he took that as a sign that I was about to physically kick him out if he didn't leave right then and there. I waited till he had shut the door behind him to sit down beside Alexis.

"How are you feeling, baby?" I asked, leaning over to peck her lips.

She shook her head and patted her baby bump, "Well, my epidural is wearing off so I'm in a bit of pain. How was your Alpha conference? Did they let you leave?" 

I scratched the back of my head sheepishly, "I didn't exactly tell them that I left."

"Hudson!" 

"What? I'm sorry, but when someone tells you your mate is in labor, the last thing on your mind is letting a bunch of egotistic wolves know that you're leaving. Besides, I'm sure they'll understand."

She sighed, "Well, at least let Matthew tell them so they know you didn't just disappear."

I nodded quickly and leaned over so I could listen to the heartbeat of our pup, "How dilated are you?"

"Last time they checked, I was seven centimeters. I'm pretty sure they'll make me push when they come back," she said, wincing and gripping my hand tightly.

I kissed the top of her head and caressed her knuckles with my thumb, "You'll do great, baby."

***

ALEXIS

Even though labor was awful, it had the most beautiful result. 

And staring at the little bundle in my arms, I knew I would go through it again just for these moments. 

Lincoln Alexander Bennett was born at seven pounds and three ounces with the loudest scream I had ever heard from a baby. However, after Hudson had cut the umbilical cord, he managed to fall asleep like he had spent the past six hours pushing and squirming in pain. 

"This is so unfair, little man," Hudson whispered, picking up Lincoln's tiny fist, "I thought you would look like me. Instead, you look exactly like your mother."

"Hudson, the only thing he has in common with me so far is the brown hair. I'm sure he'll look a little like you eventually."

He hummed and leaned over to see Lincoln's face better, "I guess, but until then, you're grounded, mister. You took your sweet time coming out of there. I nearly had a heart attack watching you. You know, your mother isn't a hotel for you."

I rolled my eyes in amusement and watched him sniff Lincoln's hair, probably because of his wolf. My wolf had already had her share of sniffing after I finally got her to calm down. The moment he started crying, she didn't stop howling – it was like she was heralding his arrival. 

"You should see the onesies Boston bought," I said, grabbing the gift bag from the table and handing to him.

Hudson pulled out a little red onesie and read, "My daddy is a big, bad wolf. How funny."

He pulled out the next one and smirked a little, "I like big boobs and I cannot lie. Oh, I like this onesie."

"Of course you do," I snorted, watching him put the onesies back in the bag and climb onto the bed beside me. 

"I've been thinking," he says, playing with the pup's fingers, "I have some expectations for our son."

"Here we go again."

Hudson shook his head amusedly and leaned over as if he was talking to Lincoln, "As the Alpha and your father, my only wish is that you're happy. If you're happy, we're happy. That's why I expect you, Lincoln Alexander Bennett, to follow your heart and be who you want to be, even if that means you won't be Alpha. What do you think, little man?"

I suddenly felt like crying all over again, but of course, the moment had to be interrupted by people knocking on the door.

As Hudson went to answer, I looked down at Lincoln's sleeping face and smiled,

"I think it's safe to say that this time, we both like the Alpha's expectations."

THE END

WOLF BONUS CHAPTER #2 AND #3, THE MATURE BONUS CHAPTER, AND THE CHRISTMAS BONUS CHAPTER ARE ON INKITT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT IF YOU CHOOSE TO READ ❤️

I can't thank you guys enough for reading my stories and giving me so much support. I say that I love all of you every chapter, but I don't think I can emphasize it enough.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO FUCKING MUCH! *MWAH*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298 19 11
There is nothing stronger than desire. Nothing more potent than fulfilling the human desires that even the most powerful fall victim to. Desire to lo...
193 96 17
Eleanor De Niro Hades She was a blessing, not for herself. A sunshine that only saw midnights. She was loved but not for long, unfortunately. Her par...
743K 21.7K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...
42.7K 953 40
THIS BOOK IS UNDERGOING MAJOR REWRITING... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK A squeak left my mouth involuntarily as the hands scared me out of my daze. Turning...