The Butler's Bride || jjk

By Proudy_ARMY

"Don't worry. You'll be able to see me wearing the most stunning suit... on our wedding day." Highest Rank #3... More

PROLOGUE
제1부
제2부
제3부
제4부
제5부
제6부
제7부
제8부
제9부
제10부
제11부
제12부
제13부
제14부
제15부
제16부
제17부
제18부
안녕!
제20부
제21부
Answer
제22부
제23부
JK's Birthday Special
제24부
제25부
제26부
제27부
제28부
제29부
제30부
제31부
SHAMELESS PROMOTION!
The Butler Series on Youtube
제32부
제33부
제34부
Epilogue(Abridged)
Epilogue (Unabriged)
BUTLER PAPERBACK IS NOW AVAILABLE!

제19부

6.1K 326 226
By Proudy_ARMY

"You say that I feel like a stranger.
I'm blind for you.
How is this love? It's all fake love."

~*~

Eunwoo stopped from typing when he heard a knock on the door. Pulling it open, he then welcomed his visitor with a warm smile.

"Sunbaenim, I'm sorry if I ever disturbed you." He stated but the latter just shook his head, his hand waving.

"No. No, it's okay. What do you want to talk about?" Namjoon asked as he seated on a single couch adjacent to Eunwoo's seat.

"It's about the fake Y/N."

The head then felt more interested about the topic he just brought so he leaned in to listen closely, his elbows resting against his thighs whilst his hands clasped.

"What's about her?"

"I've done my tests on her and found out that... she's a cyborg."

Namjoon's forehead creased. "What?"

"That fake Y/N is a half-human and half-technology. She's like a total human outside but inside, she's synthetic. Sure she produces blood when she's wounded but if you try to dig in her more, you'll find the microchips installed in her. Some were in her major internal body parts and some were woven in her skin." Eunwoo explained.

"So she isn't a clone?"

"She's not. The fake Y/N is being run by a bot. She perfectly looks like Y/N because she has her DNA and I think she could act like Y/N too because of the programs installed in her."

Namjoon mumbled some profanities in his mind at how smart that scientist could be by making cyborgs which completely look like humans.

"Yoongi hyung has also told me about these robotic things during the last mission. He told us how he saw some wires and gadgets inside the dead enemy's body. At first, we've only thought that-- what if that enemy has only an implanted artificial heart?"

"Well, that could be right since cyborgs are synthetic inside. Meaning, their hearts and brain could either be artificial or implanted by a chip ran by bots."

Namjoon nodded. "As far as I know, implanting artificial body parts are only being used for medical purposes. I can't believe that that freaking mad scientist is using it to destroy people."

"Or should I say... to destroy this agency?" Eunwoo added and Namjoon narrowed his eyes at him.

"What do you mean?"

"I got a sample chip in the fake Y/N's system and found out that she's programmed to destroy your agents and the agency, sunbaenim."

~*~

SYSTEM IS IN DANGER!!!

Shut down?

Yes / No

SYSTEM IS IN DANGER!!!

Power Saving Mode

On / Off

Closing programs that consume energy...

Loading 33%

Loading 78%

Loading 100%

THE SYSTEM IS NOW ON SAFE MODE!

System has detected a 55% loss of data.

RESTORE

Restoring data...

Loading...

FETCH

REFRESH

FETCH

REFRESH

Loading...

DATA RESTORATION COMPLETED!

Import Data

Loading...

Fetching Data...

DATA IS NOW UPDATED!

THE SYSTEM HAS DETECTED A NEW MODE.

Apply new mode?

Yes / No

Cyborg is logging off...

Installing New Mode...

NEW MODE INSTALLED!

Rename New Mode

B R E A K O U T

Done

You have renamed New Mode as Breakout Mode.

Confirm / Cancel

BREAKOUT MODE IS NOW ACTIVATED!

~*~

Two weeks have passed and Jungkook got discharged in the hospital while you were still recovering in the ICU. Your mom has been suffering from depression due to the events so the agency has kept an eye on her together with some counseling to prevent it from worsening.

Jungkook was in the mansion, specifically in your room as he seated on the bare floor, his face void from any emotion but sadness and shoulders sinking.

Meanwhile, Cloud was inside his kennel with his body slumped down against the floor, his chin pressed against his little toes as his eyes wandered from side to side. His ears perked up seeing his owner by the bed. Noticing the sadness in his eyes, he then scurried down to him.

Jungkook's lonely gaze then landed on Cloud, a soft whimper releasing from the puppy's tiny mouth. Jungkook smiled shortly, petting the puppy's head whilst it hopped on his lap and stood up against his stomach.

"What's the matter, bub?" He asked and the puppy cried. Jungkook saw how Cloud's eyes suddenly glistened with tears.

Cloud was reflecting the emotions in his heart.

He brought the puppy up to his face and kissed him. Cloud then licked his cheek and snuggled down in his chest. Jungkook hitched a breath when he felt the sudden urge to cry. The comfort that Cloud was giving was making him more emotional.

"I miss her... I miss her so much, Cloud." He muttered and the puppy whimpered.

His phone suddenly rang as he was petting Cloud so his hand lazily reached for his phone above the bed. He answered the call without checking the caller's name.

"Hello?" He spoke monotonously.

"Mr. Jeon?" A male's voice answered and he crossed his brows by unfamiliarity.

Taking the phone away from his ear, he then glanced at the caller's name and sighed.

"Hello? Is this Mr. Jeon?" The caller spoke again.

"Speaking."

"Oh. Sir! I would just like to inform you that your wedding is five months away and we're worried of being rushed since we've started nothing yet. Our team, as your wedding coordinator, wants the best wedding for you and your fiancé but we're lacking communication with you and Ms. Joo. Your pre-nuptial's going to be next week. Is it still going to be pushed through?" He queried.

Jungkook was silent for a minute, his mind trying to process the information he was getting. His most awaited day was nearing and he was supposed to be excited. But due to what was happening, even him, has almost forgotten that important day. The day where he could see you wearing a stunning white gown, the day where he would stand before the altar as he awaits for you whilst you walked down the aisle, the day where the both of you would exchange vows and wear rings to each other.

Will that day turn only as a dream?

He knew that there will be struggles along the way before the both of you could get married but he didn't expected such worse thing to happen that could cause for everything to fall off... and it was making him hopeless for he was blaming everything to himself.

He still could remember the day when he told you about the pre-nuptial and honestly, in his own point of view, he couldn't sleep that night thinking of what theme your pre-nuptial photoshoot could be like. But now, it was only a week away and he was supposed to be smiling from ear to ear since he should be choosing their clothes at the moment but the situation isn't what he expected. You were still in the hospital, under a critical condition and no one knows when you will be awake.

"Hello?" The caller spoke that made him come back to his sense.

"I'm-- I'm sorry." He stammered.

"So... are we now confirming the pre-nuptial photoshoot? So we could already talk with the photographer-"

"No." Jungkook bit his lips and pressed his eyes, controlling himself from breaking down. He cleared his throat and swallowed before continuing. "Please cancel the pre-nuptial." He uttered and hung up the call.

His lips started to shake as he carefully put Cloud down on the floor so he could face the bed and bury his face in his arms, the smell of your bed sheet was making him miss you more.

They say men don't usually express their emotions but when they do, expect that it is real.

So, Jungkook cried.

~*~

Ever since your disappearance from office, everyday has been a busy day for Daniel. Finishing a rush document here, answering telephone calls there and entertaining unexpected guests everywhere, Daniel was obviously stressed out every day.

He has once thought about resigning but thinking of how rough your family has been going, he tried to be considerate and be a committed employee.

Daniel knew that you were admitted in the hospital and by the thought of worry for you alone made him more motivated to do his job despite of your absence.

He stayed in his counter area, a pile of documents unusually stocked up on his table whilst he typed on his computer. There was a ding from the elevator, signaling that someone entered the penthouse but Daniel was too busy to notice the guest.

Hearing the heavy steps of heels against the tiles, he then turned and saw a short-haired girl, wearing a formal suit and pencil skirt, eye glasses resting on her nose bridge. He watched her knock on your office door repeatedly before Daniel decided to speak.

"Excuse me, Miss but CEO Joo isn't in the office for almost a month now." He stated.

The girl then turned to him, flipping her hair as she looked at him.

"What? That bitch isn't contacting me. I can't even call her. I don't know if she blocked me or what-- Do you know what happened to her?" She questioned and Daniel crossed his brows at her, frowning at how she called you a bitch.

"I-- I'm sorry? Are you anything related to CEO Joo?"

She rolled her eyes and breathed out. "I'm the daughter of her parent's business partner and we're best of friends. I'm Yoo Jungyeon and you are?"

"I'm-- I'm K--Kang D-Daniel." He stuttered, his eyes staring at her uneasily.

Jungyeon scrunched her face and scoffed. "W-w-w-hat? You're Kk-k-kk-Kang D-ddaniel?" She hissed and the Secretary then felt embarrassed of himself. "What are you? 12?"

"On a scale of 10? Yes." Daniel chirped and Jungyeon widened her eyes at his comeback. "I'm-- I'm sorry. I learned that from CEO Joo."

Jungyeon let out a breathy laugh. "That bitch. Tell me where she is."

"Sorry but I cannot share any information about the CEO to anyone."

"I told you that she's my personal friend!"

'But why didn't you know that she's in the hospital right now?'

"I'm really sorry."

Jungyeon sighed exasperatedly. "Right. Whatever. Just please tell her that her company's already going to bankruptcy. The sales plummeted and the shareholders are backing out. Now if you're still suspicious of me, then better inform her about that because it's only me who can help her company out." She uttered, not breaking his intense stare at Daniel.

Turning his heels, she then rolled her eyes and flipped her hair whilst she took the lift. Daniel was left with his mouth hanging.

"Damn. Short haired girls are the cutest."

~*~

"Mrs. Joo." Daniel spoke softly as he stood before your mom's table. She hummed. "Someone was looking for CEO Joo just a while ago, namely, Yoo Jungyeon."

She perked her head up and looked at the Secretary intently. "Where is she? Has she left already?" She asked and Daniel nodded.

Mrs. Joo sighed exasperatedly whilst she scratched her head.

"What did she say?"

"She wanted to talk to CEO Joo and help her."

"With what?"

"The company."

For the second time around, your mother sighed deeply. "I knew it." She mumbled and Daniel's brows rose in curiosity.

"Is... it true, Madam? The company's currently facing bankruptcy?" Daniel asked hesitantly, his hands clenching in nervousness, hoping that it is okay with your mom to ask such question.

"Yes." She answered shortly and the secretary then felt a part of his heart getting shattered. "If this gets worse, I've got no choice but to do a major layoff."

Daniel hitched a breath, afraid of how the layoff would affect the company big time especially on his part. There's no way he could leave the company despite of the stress it was giving him every day.

"The Yoo Family is one of our best business partners so I really hope they could help us-wholeheartedly... and unconditionally."

~*~

"The results of the autopsy of the kidnapped girls are out and according to this, they were raped and there were toxic chemicals found in their blood that poisoned their system. There were multiple lethal injections detected on their forearms and bruises on their neck." Namjoon explained whilst he stood up on the middle of the conference room, the senior agents seated by the long table.

"Toxic chemicals? Are those the same thing with Y/N's case?" Hoseok queried.

"It is. But the difference is, the kidnapped girls got a larger dosage of chemicals in their blood that is why Y/N's still surviving the poison. And- - as of now... we're hoping that she's not raped." Namjoon mumbled the last part, casually taking a glance of Jungkook who already had his jaw tensed.

"But I'm wondering. Why that scientist did only took young adult women? What was his plan aside of experimenting them?" Hoseok asked again and Jin turned to him.

"Yoongi told us that the men in white we fought were actually not humans and to emphasize it, they were all men. This is only my thought but maybe, that scientist is trying to make a female version of them by means of those kidnapped girls, But in Y/N's case... She's different since the doctors said that they didn't find any mark of injections on her arm. It was only the poisonous steam that harmed her. Maybe... the scientist is planning something different on her." The oldest stated and they all nodded, getting his point.

Looking back at Namjoon, Hoseok then questioned, "By the way, how's Jimin?"

~*~

"Although the mission failed, as trainees, you all still did a good job!" Seojoon announced with a big smile on his face. "Your combating skills have improved a lot and the head was so glad that despite of the number of the enemies, the injuries we got were lower than we expected."

The trainees applauded, some still not fully recovered by their injuries.

"Upon the head's statement, three trainees are going to be promoted today as regular agents."

They all gasped, not expecting the sudden news but however, they already knew who will get promoted.

"So these agents got the most rankings and scores gathered by the trainings, exams and missions. The first on the list?" Seojoon grinned, holding the certificate up with its back showing. "Y'all know who he is but let's call him anyway... Kim Taehyung!"

Taehyung stood up from his seat, faking a surprised reaction since Seokjin has already told him about it beforehand. He walked towards Seojoon, shook his hand and received his certificate that finally entitles him as a regular agent.

Despite of knowing this earlier, he was still excited and proud seeing his name on his certificate. A big smile played in his lips as he ran away of the scene, dashing down the hallways.

'I need to tell this to Jimin, he'll surely be proud of me.' He thought, biting his lips in excitement.

But realizing something, he stopped and rooted on his place.

"You fucking traitor!"

"A traitor tried to sabotage the mission." Namjoon's voice replayed in his mind.

Ever since that day, he didn't get to see Jimin since the head was prohibiting him from seeing anyone. He didn't even release any updates about him and where he has been jailed.

"I know Jimin has a reason why he did that." Taehyung mumbled to himself. "I know him. I know him more than everyone. I'd listen to his side."

He then went to the monitoring room which showed the recordings of the security cameras all throughout the headquarters. His eyes quickly wandered through the multiple monitors before him, failing to notice the agents inside who already had a judging look to him.

Focusing on the farmost screen, his eyes then narrowed as he tried to recognize the one inside a small room, curled up by the corner.

"Jimin." He mumbled and stormed out of the room.

He ran quickly, his certificate secured in his arms.

'How could they do this to you?' He thought in gritted teeth.

It only took him a minute before he finally stood by Jimin's detaining room.

"Tae." He mumbled as he looked up to him, slowly getting up from the bare floor.

"H-How?-- Why did they detain you here?" The brunette stammered, analyzing the little space they gave to Jimin inside the bars.

"I don't know too, Tae." Jimin spoke in his most awful tone. "Please save me."

Taehyung looked at him in sympathy, the urge of helping him lingering in the emotions in his eyes.

"Please. Help me get out of here."

~*~

A/N: Feels like a boring chapter. Lol idk. We're slowly approaching to the lowest point of our roller coaster ride since angst is coming so.. yeah.

I'm sorry for being lazy if I'm not giving a shoutout for those who asked the questions since internet sucks and wattpad won't let me save some edits *cries*

So let me try doing the shoutouts while answering your questions.

From Spring4121992
I just love your book and I will read it again after it gets completed. I mean how can someone write such an amazing story?

Thank you 💜 Tbh, you'll understand this book more if you will read it in one go so I'm still surprised of the feedbacks I am receiving even though it's still ongoing

From LovelyAlicia18

How long does it take to make a chapter?

It depends on my brain lmao. When I'm in the mood, motivated or has the plot arranged well for a chapter, the fastest I did a chapter was 3 hours for 3K words. But when I'm busy, it'll take 3 days to one week. And when I'm experiencing authors block, longest is one month. Those are only for a chapter. And btw, I always make sure that words are 2.5K and up.

What is your age?

I am 21. I'm a '97 liner :))

Where are you from?

Manila, Philippines. My parents are Waray but I grew up in Manila, specifically in Malabon. But I currently work in Valenzuela (ge hanapin niyo ko sa mga taga Val dyan libre ko kayo haha charot)

How do you adjust your time to write the chapters when it's so long?

I just write whenever I feel the need to write, no matter how busy I am. Plotting scenes in my mind has been normal for me that I do it when I take a bath, while I'm inside the bus or even when I am listening to music. Then when I'm done arranging the scenes in my brain, I just grab a scratch paper or any kind of paper nearby and jot it down there so I won't forget it when I start working on my drafts.

Want to see my actual drafts? Here

ㅋㅋ sorry for the messy writing

Continue Reading