Outcast | Moonlight Love II

By jesiwhitex

Samantha Kirk is the omega of her pack, The Black Moon pack. The punching bag, the runt, the- every negative... More

INTRODUCTION
casting
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
A/N: Cliche or not?
Epilogue #1
Epilogue #2 🔄
EXTRA SCENE | Nana Maggie
EXTRA SCENE | First Love
EXTRA SCENE | Happily Ever After... Maybe?
EXTRA SCENE | Twist of Fate
EXTRA SCENE | Saving Both

EXTRA SCENE | Kirk Girls

537 17 3
By jesiwhitex

Wildest Ones, Zayde Wølf

CARA

"ALL HAIL THE KING AND QUEEN!"

Many people chanted before us as Aiden and I stood beside Jacob and Lily got coronated as King and Queen. I try to enjoy the party but I can't stop thinking that Samantha is my sister. I look at her at the other side of the room. We're different, so different. She has dark hair and brown eyes while I'm blonde with grey eyes. I don't see it. But I don't even know how our father looked like.

"I can see the wheels turning in there. What are you thinking?" Aiden interrupts my train of thought.

I mentally debate whether I should tell him or not.

"I have a sister," I sigh. "I put it all together a few nights ago."

"You have a sister?" Aiden asks confused.

"Yeah, that's what I said," I reply.

"Wow," Aiden says. "Who?"

"I don't want to talk about that here... in the open," I say. "She doesn't know yet."

"Ok, we can go inside," Aiden says.

We head inside the beautiful Carson castle. We head into the breakfast room. I take a seat and Aiden sits next to me, facing me.

"So tell me," Aiden prompts.

I think of the million ways I can tell him but I start with what comes to mind.

"I'm not a Wolfe. My real parents are Samantha's, Peter Kirk and the Moon Goddess. Michelle and Michael raised me," I say. "I've always known that they weren't my parents. No one knows except for them and my brothers that I'm not one of them but I'm still, basically, their daughter and sister. It doesn't matter to them where I come from."

"Samantha doesn't know you're her sister, correct?" Aiden says.

I look at him. He's processing everything I'm saying. I can see it on his face.

"That's correct," I reply. "I met Luna when I was four. Samantha is about four to five years younger than I am."

"Wow," Aiden says.

I nod. "I'm just not in the right mind. I think I fill somewhat guilty that she grew up with him. I grew up partially with my mother. Samantha didn't know who her mother was until she met Luna. All she knew what that she was different from the rest of the wolves."

"You shouldn't feel guilty," Aiden grabs my hand. "Your mother made a choice. You should ask her about it."

"I haven't seen her in years," I say.

"You'll see her again," Aiden says.

"Yeah, probably," I reply.

I didn't know if I would.

Aiden took my hand as we headed back out into the garden. I felt her presence before I saw her. I searched around, letting go of Aiden's hand. I felt Aiden looking at me but I continued my search. I didn't move from my place beside Aiden but I searched with my eyes. I saw her. She was here. Her eyes find mine. She stands in all her glory in a long red velvet dress with black embroidery. Her hair partially up in curls. She was beautiful as always. I walked towards her and her to me, meeting halfway.

"Mom," I say choking on my own sob.

It had been a long time. Way too long. I almost forgot how she looked like.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"You think that I would miss a ceremony like this?" she grins.

No, she wouldn't. She's Luna after all.

I hug her. I didn't stop myself. I didn't care who sees. I just want this moment with my mother.

"I missed you, mom," I whisper.

"I missed you too, my sweet little Cara," she says.

I laugh. "I'm not little anymore, mom."

"No, you're a grown beautiful woman," she replies.

I'm about to reply when I hear someone behind me.

"Mom?" I hear her say in confusion. "What's going on here?"

I stiffen. Crap

"Cara, what is going on?" Samantha asked again. "Why are you hugging my mother?"

"Samantha..." I start but Luna interrupts me.

"Honey!"

She goes and hugs her too. Pulling back she looks between Samantha and I.

"I have something important to tell you both," she says.

"What is it?" Samantha asks concerned.

"Better I tell you in private, Samantha," Luna replies.

"Ok?" Samantha replies.

"Follow me," I say.

I lead them back into the castle. To the same room in which I told Aiden about Samantha and I.

"What do you need to tell me?" Samantha asks as we settle onto the chairs.

"You have an older sister," Luna begins. "You both share the same father."

Samantha's face visibly recoils.

"What?" She says. "You had another daughter with Peter before me?"

"Yes," Luna nods.

"Who is she?" Samantha asks. "Why haven't I've meet her?"

I look at my mother. She looks back at me. I look at my sister.

"You have met her," I say.

Samantha looks slightly confused.

"It's me," I continue.

"What?"

"I just put two and two together not too long ago," I try to explain. "Samantha, we're sister. I had completely blocked out the fact that I had one for so many years."

"Blocked out? Why would you do that?" Tears fill her eyes. She looks at Luna. "Why didn't you tell me I had a sister?"

"It was for her safety. And yours," Mom replies.

"Safety? I don't see how that worked out!"

Luna recoils. I wince.

"Samantha, I hid my pregnancy from Peter the first time around. I couldn't do that with you. He knew I was pregnant. I couldn't lie to him," Luna explains.

I don't understand how she could hide me but not her. Luna answers that.

"When I found out I was pregnant with you, Samantha, he was there. He had a feeling that I was and he wanted to know. With Cara, I was able to hide it because I had left a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant," Luna continues.

"Mom, you hide this from us for years," Samantha says. "Somewhere in her mind, Cara knew she had a sister. I didn't."

Samantha stands from her seat. She paces around the room before stopping by the door. She turns to face us.

"I need time to process this new information," she says before walking out.

I lean into my mother.

SAMANTHA

I walk out the room. I look around for Mason and my son, Andrew. I find them in the garden of the castle. I barely have time to wipe my tears away when my little boy turns and runs to me.

"MOMMY! THERE YOU ARE!"

I sink down to catch him.

"Hi, baby," I reply.

"Momma, why you crying?" He wipes away my tears.

"It's nothing. Mommy is okay," I partially lie.

'You okay?' Mason asks through our mind-link.

I look at him.

'No.'

He gives me a sympathetic look. I look away. I completely pull away from Andrew. I smile at him.

"I love you."

"I love you too, mommy."

For the rest of the day, I avoid my mother and my so-called sister. I know that I'll have to talk to them eventually but I just need time to comprehend.

"Daddy, why will they hate me?"

My dad looks at me sympathetically. He grabs my small hand into his large one.

"Because, baby, you're different. People hate different. Wolves fear and hate different," he explains.

I looks into his blue eyes.

"Okay," I reply.

"You'll be an omega for now on. No one will know your little secret," daddy says.

I smile and nod.

He made it seem as if he was doing me a favor. In the beginning, it probably was. Peter doomed me that moment: the moment he decided my gate in that pack.

I seat in the bench away from the party. I sob. My father had loved me once upon a time. He changed. I can't even begin to imagine my life if he hadn't. Or if I have had my sister by my side. I was confused. Hurt.

I hear steps beside me. I look to see Cara with tears in her own eyes. She sits beside me. She pulls me in to her. She hugs me and cries with me.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that alone," she whispered to me.

We stayed on that bench for a long time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 9K 28
She moved with a certain thoughtfulness about her. Every step was placed gently. Whether this is to disappear from those around her or to protect the...
437K 12.7K 36
Hailee a young she-wolf who wishes nothing more than to find her mate, and on her 16th birthday her wish is granted. It turns out the Alpha of her pa...
2.9K 57 27
Scarlett is the daughter of Alpha Noah and Luna Radiance of the Crescent Moon pack. Even though her status is high, people bully her because of her u...
11.8K 783 40
A rogue attack forces Harper Smith to save and build her pack, Silver Star Pack, up from dust. Her past is full of confusion and mystery and she soon...