EDM Only #2

By EvelinaCK

This is not a normal book, in this book you will read about EDM. Everything from fav songs, liveset or just r... More

Hello again :)
Review this year, Q&A #1
Review the year, Q&A #2
The Martin Garrix show Ep.6
Happy new year!
Yearmixes
Roasted
Random question
Happy birthday Nicky Romero!!
Happy birthday legend!
Impressed
New Garrix!!!
We were stayin in Paris
Tell me+300
Scared to be lonely
Thoughts
No need to throw hate
Happy birthday Oliver!
Forbidden vocies 2 years! (late)
Alive
Countdown
Too much fire on one day
Don't stop FONK IT UP!
Ultra Music Festival update
One week!!!+sneak peek!
Ultra Day!
Day 1 of 3
Small review of Ultra 2017
New The Chainsmokers and Garrix x2
Long time no see
Time and work
Happy Birthday Martin!!!
Looong time no seen
Vote for me, vote for me
Ultra update and livestream!
A small update
ADE coming up!
Livestreams!!!!!!!!!!
ADE, top 100 DJs and thoughts
My thoughts on Avicii movie
Happy birthday Daan!
Two new Garrix songs
Hardwell World's biggest guestlist 2017
Going to Frankfurt
Ultra Phase 1
2017 through questions, part 1
2017 through questions, part 2
Yearmixes
Happy birthday x2
New Music and livestream
Tomorrowland
Don Diablo album, Tomorrowland and more
Already March...
Holy fuck
New new, Miami Music week
Ultra Ultra Ultra and more Ultra
Swedish House Mafia
No Words can desrcibe this, RIP Tim, Avicii
Still very unreal...
A bit late Happy birthday!
One month ago and EDC...
Summerburst 2018 - part 2 of 2
2018 tag- EDM way

Summerburst 2018, part 1 of 2

18 0 0
By EvelinaCK

If you remember i was at Summerburst in Gothenburg 1-2 of June. I will now write my thoughts about it and so on, it will parted in two chapters because it was two days.

Day 1

It was insane hot, which meant that water was important. Drank more than 1.5 liters of water in the hotel before I went there. Worth. I got there around 3.40pm. Those I saw were👇

Caronline Roxy

I saw just over 20 min of her set. Totaly okay, mixing and mashups, but obviously worked. No more to say there right away.

The Him

I was excited to see them live. They had very good mixing and mashups, impressed. Was a little fun because one of them (they are two) went down to meet some of the audience who wanted them to come down. I felt I did not have to meet him or what to describe it as. But then he points to me and winks me and says "I saw you dance and sing along all the time. What's your name?". Was pretty shocked as well, said my name and said I liked their mixing. Then he said "First time on festival?" Which I said no and said the first time I saw them live and then I listened to their lives from SlamFM (Dutch radio station where DJs are visiting and playing short lives) and then he was very surprised. Was more he who wanted to take a picture with me and not the other way hhah. But really fun.

Albin Mayers + The Gang Gang Gang

Came to the end and be okay, not my kind of EDM if you say so but worked.

R3HAB

Was a bit unsure of what I would like, but he was actually better than I expected. A bit dull / bad mixing though but worked okay. Good mashups, though, it's hard when his songs and remixes are so well-known, making it harder for him to play what he wants when people expect a certain kind of level on him. Saw about 30 min of his set.

Dannic

Now I will fangirl a little bit (read a lot). So I've been a big fan of Dannic over 4 years now and never had the chance to see him live until now. I know his tourmanger(Gideon) and we decided to meet so nothing strange. The funniest was actually when I stood the fence waiting for them to come out of the backstage (a tent on the side) and then they came out. Gideon saw me and waved right away, Daan (Dannic's real name) also waved but you could see that he was kind of unsure why he waved, like why or who I was. Haha sweetie. His set was on fleek as always, as he is among my top three DJs and producers for a reason. But very good, too sure.

Then he came down to meet some fans who were there. I was waiting a bit, instead, I talked a bit with Gideon. He is very nice and takes time. We talked a little and then Daan became "free" and then I went. I was nervous, but talking to him was like talking to an old friend, everything felt very natural and honest. We talked a bit about everything and nothing for a while. Then we took a picture, here's something fun again. I told Gideon that he could take it on his mobile and then send it to me on snapchat. Wondering what Daan thought about then. We took some pictures and then came other fans so I continued talking with Gideon and we took some selfies together. Daan then said it was pity that they didn't bring any merchandise, otherwise I would have got something. Naww sweetie. Was almost sad when he said they had to go now ...

Alan Walker

Had no hope of him directly, if it's good or bad, I do not know. But I'm not a super fan of him, the livesets I've heard of him are like okay. I think he's a bit stuck in one kind of mix and style, dare not really try some new or other mashups. But he was okay, heard worse and heard better if you said so. But I would like to see him live again in a few years to see if he's gotten better.

Armin van Buuren

I was superexcited for him! Unfortunately, it became chaos where I stood with moshpits right to left which meant that one could not really enjoy the same way. But was very good and he really knows how to get started an audience. Sure good mixing and mashups, never disappoints if you say so. Really nothing to complain about. However, I thought that at the end it became a bit boring but think it was most because it was so chaos so you were so sick of it haha. The best song he played was clearly "blah blah blah", damn it was so good live * _ *

Axwell ^ Ingrosso

I did chose to go back a bit in the audience in order to enjoy a little more of the show and the music. Very worth and stood perfectly. Had perfect views and plenty of space to dance. Musiclly they were not the best during the weekend but the show was best, hell, what show they brought. Every little detail is so thoughtful. But the music was good as well, good mashups and good mixing, but sometimes they hold back a bit like me. Little like teasing type haha. But the whole arena boiled when they played "Don't you worry Child" and i think you can understand that * _ * No direct opinions, they were supergood but they are not my all time favorites as they play the very same songs all the time live but is not easy when they have so many well-known songs so people want to hear them all the time, getting ridiculous after a while. A sick good end on day 1 according to me.

Also, it was a silence minute over Avicii, it was weird and emotional. It was so quiet and everyone was touched really. It shows how much influence he has had at all ...

Untill next time Stay Awesome<3

Xx Evelina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 145 25
In which a great DJ, singer, and model 20 years old girl fall in love with the greatest DJ in the world. It starts bad but it gets better!
73.4K 912 174
๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜… started to follow you... - don't copy - Englisch
87.4K 1.8K 114
A collection of short fanfiction stories about the Dutch DJ Martin Garrix.
37.2K 662 35
in this not trashy os book (suure) you shall be paired with the actuallyoddplan and melodify member/s (if any of the members listed want me to take t...