The Unexpected Nanny

By JeniRaeD

Story is published on Amazon (kindle and paperback) Smashwords, and more! When Antonio Russo's wife was dying... More

Authors Note
Cast
A/N
1- The news
2- The Decision
3- Introducing Sadie
4- The run in
5- Out of control
October 2020 Breast Cancer awareness SPECIAL!
7- Family time
8- Reality hits
9- Her best interest
10- Away from home
11- Time is near
12- Birthday to remember
13- Fly high
14- Saying goodbye
15- Saving a life
16- Heated passion
17- We need to talk
18- The talk
19- Uninvited guest
20- Talking to Ethan
21- The date
22- Confession
23- Finding the journal
24- Harlow's love
25- Moving on
26- Honoring Harlow
27- A gift for Antonio
28- Antonio's love
29- The guests
30- Surprise!
31- Sadie vs. Giorgia
32- Visiting Harlow
33- Birthday surprise
34- Mystery woman
35- Explanation
36- Truth will set you free
37- Feeling the love
38- Making decisions
39-Love of a lifetime
40- Love all around
41- Epilogue
42-Bonus Chapter
Additional Cast
Authors Note
Perfect Tribute to Harlow
Update 😁😁😉😉
Heads up

6-Tension all around

99.9K 4.2K 407
By JeniRaeD

As he stood there staring into her sparkling blue eyes, having her pinned up against the wall, his heart skipped a beat. He knew he had quite a bit to drink, and had a lot of emotions running throughout him, not even realizing what he was doing, and started leaning in to kiss her. Her heart began beating faster, and put her hand over his mouth. "Antonio, please..." she said quietly. Turning her head, and pushing him away.

When he finally realized what he was doing, he pulled his one hand away from the wall. "Sorry." he said quietly, looking down at the ground, feeling upset with himself. "I don't know what I was thinking." He felt embarrassed, and hoped that he didn't scare her off.

She hurriedly got away from him. "I'm going out, so you need to sober up... like right now." she growled. She went into her room and shut the door, then opened the door quickly, and peaked her head out, snarling at him. "I suggest you take a nap while the girls are napping, that will help you sober up." she said, shutting the door hard.

He looked up at the ceiling taking a deep breath What the hell am I doing? he mumbled. He shook his head, pushed himself away from the wall, and walked over to the stairs, stumbling while walking up the stairs. He walked into the living room, debating about going up the other flight of stairs to lay down with Harlow, he knew Sadie was right and that he needed to sleep it off.

He slowly went up the stairs barely making it up, wobbling on that last step, trying to hold on to the railing before he fell down the stairs. He caught his balance, and walked into the bedroom. He looked at Harlow and saw her back facing him, figuring she was sleeping, he tried walking quietly to the bed, but with all the alcohol he had drank he couldn't walk straight, and bumped into the corner of a dresser making a loud noise, causing some knickknacks to fall. The loud noise awakened Harlow, she rolled over and started barking at him when she saw him stumbling.

"Are you drunk?" she yelled, sounding upset.

"As a matter of fact, I am, do you have a problem with that?" he smiled, as he laid down on the bed, facing the ceiling and turning his head to look at her.

"Yes, I do have a problem with that, do you not realize what time it is right now? And where are the girls?" she snapped.

He couldn't believe what she just said to him, and felt angry. "Do I know what time it is..." he asks, pausing "The question is... do you know what time it is? You've been hiding in here ever since we got home, and now you're worried about them. If you want to know, then get your butt up out of bed and quit feeling sorry for yourself." he scoffed, while slurring his words. He looked back up at the ceiling, and took in a deep breath, groaning. He hated yelling at her, and knew it was the worst thing to do with what she was going through, but was frustrated, and hating the world right now.

"You're a jerk, how could even you say that to me?" she cried, crossing her arms.

"Instead of being in here hiding from everyone, you should be spending time with those girls of ours." he said quietly, closing his eyes.

She huffed, and shoved him hard, making him groan before she crawled out of bed. She walked out of the bedroom and headed over to the girls' room. She opened their door and saw they were sleeping together, she walked over to their bed and slid Gabriella over so that she could lay in between them. As she laid down next to them, she looked over at each of them, kissing their cheek. "I do love you two." she whispered to them.

While Sadie was in the shower getting ready to go out, she kept thinking about how Antonio had come on to her, not once, but twice. She knew that he was drunk, and thought that it was uncalled for, all while his wife was upstairs, upset with the news that she just received. She didn't know what brought it on for him to drink like that, and was completely surprised by his actions.

She dressed in a short black low-cut dress that hugged all her curves, showing off her nice firm breasts. While she was putting on her makeup, Isabella came into the bathroom rubbing her eyes, watching her put on her makeup. Sadie noticed her watching her, and looked over at her with a smile.

"Would you like some makeup on too?" she asked, grabbing a tube of light pink lipstick, and walking over to her.

"Yes!" she said excitedly, jumping up and down. "I want to look pretty, just like you." she says, twirling around, and swaying side to side.

Sadie picked her up, and set her on the counter of the bathroom sink. She put the lipstick on, and told her to rub her lips together gently. "Now, close your eyes." Sadie tells her, and began putting a light shade of pink eyeshadow on her eyelids.

"Now, open your eyes and look up at the ceiling, I'll put some mascara on you." Sadie tells her. Isabella looked up at the ceiling, and she carefully put the mascara on her long eyelashes.

"There... how is that?" she asks, turning her around so that she could see herself in the mirror. She smiled big when she looked at herself in the mirror. "I look pretty, like you!" she says, in a high-pitched voice, and huge smile. They both could hear Gabriella calling for Isabella, Isabella turned around, yelling back at her. "I'm in here with Sadie!"

Gabriella ran into the bathroom looking at Isabella, and then looked up at Sadie. "Can you do that to me too?" Gabriella asked excited, jumping up and down.

"Sure, come here." Sadie says to her, picking her up and setting her down on the counter to do the same thing. When she was done, she showed her what she looked like, Gabriella smiled. "I look pretty, let's go show mommy!" Sadie lifted her off the counter and set her down, Gabriella started pulling on Isabella's arm wanting her to come with. "Come on Bella."

Sadie laughed as they ran out of the bathroom, and could hear them running up the stairs. She continued to get ready as the girls went to go show their mom that they had makeup on.

"MOM...MOM!" Gabriella yelled excitedly, running over to Harlow as she was grabbing a glass of water from the kitchen faucet.

"Look what Sadie did to our face, isn't it pretty?" Isabella asks, smiling.

"It is pretty, you both look much older than what you are now." she says, as she leaned down to their level running her fingers through their hair. "Don't you get used to it."

Antonio finally woke up, and slowly walked down the steps, trying to adjust his eyes. He could still feel some of the alcohol that was still in his system. He sat down on the couch, leaning his head back and rubbed his eyes.

"Have you sobered up yet?" Harlow asked harshly, walking towards him, with her hands on her hips.

"Not now Harlow." he snapped, looking over at her. "I really don't want to fight with you right now."

"Well..."

"Daddy look what Sadie did!" Gabriella said, cutting her mom off as the girls ran over to him smiling, pressing down on his legs and showing him their face, he sat up straighter to look at them and grinned.

"Very nice." He says, holding onto their chins as he looked at each of them, sliding his thumbs back and forth softly on their chin.

"Did Sadie leave yet?" he asked, sounding tired.

"Leaving?" Harlow asked, raising her eyebrows at Antonio.

"Sadie told me earlier that she's going out with her friends, so it'll be just us tonight."

Sadie walked up the stairs all dressed up, and ready to go out. Antonio couldn't help but stare at her, noticing how she was dressed. When he realized that he was staring, he quickly turned away so Harlow wouldn't see him gawking at her. Harlow took one look at her and glared at her with a disgusted look, she felt that she was revealing too much while being around Antonio and the girls.

"Wow, do you have a date?" Harlow asked, sounding annoyed, and with a hint of jealousy.

"Actually, I do." Sadie said cheerfully, looking over at Antonio with a smile. She could tell the annoyance in Harlow's voice, and looked back over at Harlow. "It is OK that I do go out, or am I not allowed to?" she asked curiously.

"You are getting paid to take care of the kids, are you not?" Harlow asks, giving her a dirty look.

Antonio looked over at Harlow shocked, and surprised at how Harlow was acting. "That's enough Harlow, she has done quite a bit for us since she has been here, she deserves to go out."

Harlow didn't like the tone in Antonio's voice while he spoke to her, and stormed out of the room. "Come on girls, let's go play in the playroom." she said, as she walked away.

Antonio looked at Sadie, and sighed. "I'm sorry about that, she shouldn't have said that. I'm sure it doesn't help that she isn't too pleased with me right now."

"It's OK, she's going through a lot right now, it's pretty understandable." she said, walking over to the front window, looking out. "I see you have sobered up a little, so that's good." she says relieved. Watching out the window, to see if her ride was there.

Antonio looked over his shoulder and looked around, he stood up and walked over towards Sadie, stopping behind her and rested his hand on her shoulder, causing her to gasp and close her eyes. "I'm sorry about earlier, I shouldn't have done that, and I was completely out of line." she says, embarrassed.

She turned around slowly and looked at him with a serious look "You were way out of line, and Harlow has every reason to be upset with you." she said quietly, walking past him. "My ride is out there waiting for me, have a good night." she grabbed her purse, and headed out the door, not wanting to say another word to him.

Antonio stood at the window, looking out, watching Sadie get in her date's car. He rubbed his temples groaning, thinking about how rude Harlow was to Sadie, he then walked over to the girls playroom where Harlow was playing with the girls.

"What was that back there?" Antonio asked frustrated, trying not to raise his voice at Harlow again, especially since the girls were in the room. He didn't think it was right to fight, and argue with the kids being in the same room, but was also upset about how she was treating Sadie.

Harlow refused to look at Antonio, and continued to play with the girls. After a long silence, and knowing that Antonio was still standing there looking at her, she stopped what she was doing. "Does she really need to dress that way around us?" she said, sounding annoyed.

"What's the big deal, she was going out."

Harlow shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know." she snapped, wishing that she could wear something like that, wanting to turn Antonio on, instead of someone else turning him on. She knew Antonio was staring at her, and wished that it was her that he was looking at in that way.

Antonio upset, put his hands up in the air and walked away. He walked into his office slamming the door, and sat down at his desk. He had to do something to take his mind off what was going on and began looking over his client's file, getting things ready for his court case in the morning.

While Antonio was busy writing his notes down, he thought he heard the door opening and could tell that someone was standing there quietly watching him, he looked up and saw Harlow leaning against the frame of the doorway. "What are you going to yell at me now?" he asked, sighing while setting his pen down. He watched her walk up to the edge of his desk, waiting for her to start snapping at him.

He then gulped after hearing her speak.

"I think I made my decision on what I'm going to do next with the cancer."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
267K 18K 38
A HEA second chance comedy/action-packed/adventure sports romance story. Gunner wasn't looking for love; he was on a mission to find justice for his...
13.2K 133 17
Mature content 18+ only "You are crossing a very dangerous territory, Natalia. I suggest you better stop, before I take things in my hand." He growle...
113K 4.8K 54
BOOK 3 in THE ROMANO SERIES Can be read as a standalone BUT I would advise you to read book I and 2 first to get to know and understand not only the...