The Eye of The Storm | Dave E...

By shaytheless

25 year old Angel Amore is in love with her life. Having Amir, her serious longtime boyfriend of 7 years, by... More

🥀 1
🥀 2
🥀 3
🥀 4
🥀 5
? 6
🥀 7
🥀 9
🥀 10
🥀11
🥀 12
🥀 13
🥀 14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55 Part 1
55 Part 2
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64 Part 1
64 Part 2
65
66
67
68
69
Requested: Music Playlist
70
71
72
73
"When are you coming back?"
Moving On

🥀 8

96K 4K 5K
By shaytheless

Angel

My went wide seeing Amir standing there. He looked amess. His eyes were red and swollen, and there were bags under them. As if he hadn't slept in days.

"Amir what the fuck are you doing here? Do you know what time it is?" I asked quickly. He sighed.

"Angel I gave it up..." I scrunched my face up in confusion. "Gave what up Amir?" What?"

"Taylor. I gave it all up. I just want you."

I was shocked. I couldn't say anything.

"Angel did you hear me? I said I just want you..." He stepped into the house a little, grabbed my hands, and put them up to his face, kissing them.

"I just want you..." He grabbed my waist and kissed my face. "Please Angel.."

Tears fell down my face as he held me.

"Amir. You have to go." I whispered.

"What? Baby why?" He furrowed his eyebrows together.

"You have to go!" I said a little louder so Dave wouldn't hear me.

"Angel, will you call me?" He asked softly. I looked up at him. "Please?" He softly kissed my face again.

"Y-yes Amir. I'll call you..." I said, barely over a whisper.

"Okay... I love you..." He took both of his hands and put them on the sides of my face. He put a soft peck on my lips.

He turned away and shut the door behind him.

I stared at the door as tears rolled down my face. What am I going to do? I love Amir, but David... I love David being in my life. I love him too... I'm going to have to choose...

I shook the thought off and locked the door.

But when I turned around to go back upstairs, Dave was standing at the end of the stairs looking at me...

Dave

I went to go check on Angel to see if she was okay, but when I saw who it was I stopped. I was standing at the bottom of the stairs shocked. I heard every single word that was said.

"So what Angel? What now?" She was silent.

"You going back to him?"

Her mouth was open like she was trying to say something. I scoffed and went back upstairs with her right behind me.

I walked into her bedroom, grabbing all my things I had in her apartment.

"David... David what are you doing?" Her voice cracked. I ignored her and continued to get my things.

"David where are you going?" Tears were cascading down her face.

"I'm leaving Angel." I sternly said.

"B-but Dave... Why?" I ignored her again, putting on my shoes.

"David!"

"DAMMIT ANGEL!" She jumped as I yelled, throwing the shoe on the floor.

"HOW YOU GONNA GO BACK TO HIM? AFTER EVERYTHING ME AND YOU BUILT. MY HARD WORK AND TIME TRYING TO GET INTO YOUR HEART, AND FIX IT! OUR BOND, ALL MY LOVE YOU THREW THAT OUT THE WINDOW!" I yelled. She sat down and softly cried.

"ANGEL THAT MAN TREATED YOU BAD AND BROKE YOU DOWN! DOES MY LOVE MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU? DO I MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU?"

"THAT MAN DOESN'T LOVE YOU ANGEL! I DO! I love yo-" I stopped. I didn't think that this is how me telling her I love her for the first time would go. I was pouring my heart out to her, but what good was it going to do?

Lord knows I wanted to go over to her and hold her and take her to that bed and make love to her, but I couldn't.

I grabbed my keys and all my things and begin to walk out the bedroom door. Her cries got louder.

"Wait David.. Please?" She held on to me.

I pushed her off of me and continued to walk down the stairs.

"DAVID PLEASE! Don't go... I don't wanna lose you... Don't leave me..." She pleaded and sobbed.

I got to the front door and grabbed the door handle. "Please David... I need you..." She grabbed onto my arm again.

I pushed her off me and opened the door.

"David please! I'm sor-" I slammed the door in her face, cutting off her words.

I walked to my truck, unlocked it, and got in. I threw my stuff in the backseat and shut the door.

I sat there for a minute thinking about everything that just transpired. How could Angel go back to him after all the hurt he caused her? I was aware of their history, but I just didn't think that she would drop everything when he came running back to her.

I really thought we had something special... I'd never felt the way I felt with her about anyone else. I can't lie, over the past months, I fell in love with Angel... Even though I probably shouldn't have, I did. I loved everything about her. I loved the way she made me feel; the way she supported me and loved on me.

I was ready to give it all up for her: the hoes, the clubs, my wild lifestyle, the fast money, everything.

I'm hurt. The first time I give myself to a woman and this is what happens...

I started the car and decided to go to my warehouse; I wasn't going to get any sleep tonight and I knew that.

Angel

'The number you have dialed has now been disconnected...' the operator said for what felt like the thousandth time.

I hung up the phone. I've been trying to text and call Dave all night long, but he hasn't responded to any of them.

I wanted to drive over to his house, but something kept telling me he wasn't going to be there.

I've been crying all night long. I can't sleep. I've been tossing and turning all night, and when I finally did get some sleep, I woke up an hour later.

It's now morning time and time for me to head to work. Hopefully Stephanie is there so I can vent to her.

***

I was a little early today, and I was the first one on my shift here. I sat in the break room and drank coffee until it was time for me to go out.

It was now 5:58 AM and I made my way to the nurses station. I watched everyone come in and said my good mornings to everyone.

I spotted Steph and instantly got excited. "Hey best friend!" She said coming around the counter. "Hi..." I said barely over are whisper as she pulled me into a tight hug. Tears fell out my eyes.

"Are you okay?" As soon as she asked that, I bursted into tears on her shoulder.

"Awe wait don't cry.... What's wrong?" She asked as she held onto to me tighter. "I fucked up Steph..." I whispered.

"Come on. Come with me." She said, opening the door to the janitors closet and pulled me in.

"Tell me what going on Ang..." I told her everything.

"What the fuck was he thinking coming over the- wait... did you just say Dave ate your pussy... and you came... 10 times.... shit..."

"STEPH THATS NOT THE POINT!" I yelled, frustrated.

"Okay okay okay... But Dave left and he's not taking your phone calls. That means... Angel. Please tell me that you don't have any intention of getting back with Amir..." She said with her eyes closed. I stayed quiet...

"ANGEL WHAT THE FUCK! AFTER EVERYTHING THAT AMIRS DONE TO YOU! YOU KNOW HES NOT GOOD FOR YOU!"

"Yeah but he's the only man I've ever known Stephanie! I grew up with this man!"

"Yeah and what about Dave? Huh? Dave treats you like a queen... And he loves you Angel... And you love him too!"

"Yeah but I still love Amir too." I said quietly.

"Well. You gonna have to choose." I stayed quiet.

"Have you went by his house?" I shook my head no. "Well we'll go by there after work. But until then, just try to cheer up. Okay?"

I sighed. "Okay..."

We put her arm around me and we walked out of the closet.

***

It was now 7pm and me and Stephanie are now clocking out and walking out of the hospital.

"Okay bitch. What's the plan?" She asked as I felt the cool rush of air as we walked out of the entrance.

"We're going to stop by his house first. And if he's not there, we go find JD and interrogate him."

"Bet." She said as we separated.

"Alright so follow me there!" I shouted to her in the huge parking deck.

I got in my car and pulled out with Steph hot on my trail. I thanked God for giving me a great friend like her.

15 minutes later we pulled up to Dave's condo complex.

I parked and got out the car, seeing Stephanie walk up to me. "You ready to do this?"

I hesitated. "I don't know Steph... I don't even see his truck out here." She grabbed a hold of my hand. "Come on.."

We walked into the building and got on the elevator. I pressed the number 5 and felt the elevator go up. That was the longest wait in history. My palms were sweating and my anxiety started to kick in.

The elevator opened and we walked down the hall. We stopped once we got to his door.

I knocked lightly on the door and waited a few seconds. No answer. "Girl that nigga ain't gone be able to hear that; knock harder."

I sighed and put force behind my knock. Still no answer. "Oh hell naw." Stephanie said and she started to beat on his door.

I grabbed her arms and stopped her. "Steph I don't think he's here."

"Well any other idea of where he might be?"

My mind searched for information. Something then came to my mind. Of course, how could I not think to go there first? My mouth opened. "The warehouse!" Dave would stop by there to go check up on things.

"Alright, well. Let's go." She said as she pulled me to the elevator.

***

I knocked on the heavy, metal door. The slot opened and two eyes were shown but nothing was said. 9 times out of 10, it was Big G, the guard.

"What." The deep voice finally said. Yupp, that's him. "Um hey G. It's me, Angel." I said hesitantly. "Ohh wassup Angel!" He closed the slot and unlocked the chains. The big door opened. "Come right in!" He said giving me a side hug. Everyone that worked for Dave knew who I was and who I was to Dave. So whenever I came around, it was never a problem.

Me and Steph walked in the warehouse and the smell of weed hit us instantly. It was niggas everywhere, and half naked bitches sitting on their laps. There were guns of all types laid out. And drugs were everywhere packaged up. From marijuana to pills to cocaine. We could barely walk through from all the smoke.

G was leading us to the back to Dave's office when we heard someone yell. "AYE!" The voice said. That's David's voice. "GET BACK TO FUCKING WORK! THIS SHIT AINT GONNA SELL ITSELF! AND GET THESE STANKY ASS HOES OUTTA HERE!"

"Iight, y'all heard him! Hoes, get y'all stanky asses outta here!" Big G said. The girls left out clutching whatever part of their body that was nude and the guys got back to work.

"Yo Angel, wassup with boss? He been acting a straight bitch today." Big G asked me.

Just as I was about to tell him, JD walked lasted us. "La la la... Wassup Angel." He said causally and threw his hand up.

"ANGEL?!" He bucked his eyes open. "Angel, what the fuck you doing here?! And who yo fine ass friend?" He said smirking as Steph scrunched her face up.

"JD I came to see Dave." He had a looked on his face as if he realized something.

"Oh he no here. No he no here." He said, sounding like a a Chinese woman.

I sighed. "JD I know he's here, I saw his truck outside." "That could be anyone..." He said looking away.

"Well I just heard him yelling." JD looked at me from the side of his eye. "Ok. You got a point. But only under one condition: Your fine ass friend give me her number..."

"Ugh move! Steph, stay right here. I'll be right back." I said pushing him out the way.

I walked down the hall to Dave's office. I lightly knocked on the door. "WHAT?!" He yelled.

I opened the door and stared at him. He was sitting behind a big oak desk, putting out a blunt, and putting stacks of money into a bill counter. He looked up and saw it was me.

"What you doing here Angel? It's to dangerous for you to be here." I walked behind the desk and stood in front of him. "I came to see you... You weren't answering my calls or texts."

"We ain't got shit to talk about." He said monotone voice, looking me in the eyes. That made my heart ache... That feeling I hadn't felt since I met him. He made it go away...

I looked down, feeling tears sting my eyes.  It was silent for a while.

"Angel say what you gotta say and get the fuck out." Tears fell out my eyes as I looked at him.

"David I'm sorry. I made a mistake. I appreciate everything you've ever done for me. I miss you. I miss your scent. Your voice. Your touch. Your love. How you treat me. I can't go on without that. I never felt this way about anyone... Even with him. I feel different when I'm with you. You're the one I want David. I don't want him. I want you. I love you... Tell me again..." I said straddling his lap, putting my legs on each side of him, and holding on to him by his neck. He tried to push me off but I wasn't going to move.

I looked into his eyes and searched for something, but I couldn't find anything. I used to see love and compassion in them when he looked at me; that all changed within the matter of hours...

"Tell me again David... Tell me that you love me..." I said as tears fell down my face.

He looked me dead in the eyes and said, "That shit over now. I'm not your plan b. I don't love you. That's who you choose. Go be with him." My heart, that he fixed after Amir destroyed it, broke into tiny million pieces all over again. He's never been this way towards me before, but I knew that I deserved it.

He pushed me off of his lap and went back to counting his money. I came to the conclusion that he really doesn't want to see me anymore. There was no fighting for him. He didn't want me anymore. All the love he had for me was now gone. He buried it somewhere deep inside his soul.

"I love you David..." I said before turning and about to walk out of his office.

"Aye Angel." He called out.

"Yes?" I said turning around to look at him.

"Don't call my phone anymore."

I looked at him one last time. My eyes felt heavy. Something in me wanted to throw a full blown tantrum. I walked out the office and quietly shut the door.

I looked up to see Jd and Stephanie flirting, but she stopped and ran over to me.

"Hey... Hey how'd it go?" She asked me softly.

I shook my head and cried. "He doesn't want to see me, ever." She pulled me into a tight.

"I wanna go home Steph..." I said.

"You want me to go back with you?" She asked wiping my tears.

"No... I just wanna be alone..." I said barely above a whisper. "Okay... We can go home..."

"HEY ANGEL! YO FINE ASS FRIEND JUST GAVE ME HER- Angel... Angel what's wrong?" He asked me looking into my face.

"I'll see you around Jd..." I said as me and Steph walked out of the warehouse.

Stephanie helped me get into my car. "I'm going to call you okay? I love you best friend... I  always will. Even when you don't love me back."  She said looking into my eyes.

"I love you too Steph..." She gave me a kiss on the cheek before shutting the door.

I stared off into space. Something in me was telling me that that'd be the last time I'd see Dave...

2,817 words
Well y'all, there it is... Dave wants nothing to do with Angel anymore. But I got some tricks up my sleeve 😈😉 Vote and comment ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 3.8K 23
No relationship...no ring...and no wedding! Dave and April have called it quits and what would be a world wind romance with a beautiful and loving bl...
766K 33.2K 66
What a tangled web we weave, when we lie to deceive.. Having to watch his parents demise at an early age, Joseph is brought up by an uncle who played...
1.4M 40.5K 91
Shayla a senior in high school left to take care of her 3 year old sister falls for a drug lord named Kasen ...... is life with a thug better
Genesis By Lexy93

General Fiction

57.7K 1.5K 37
Being in love with an older guy hasn't been easy, and it's harder when he's from the streets. 18 year old Genesis is in her last year of high scho...