Payback

By Shellyrill

"I'll be back, Wei Yu. Don't you dare think you can get away with this!" Jiang Tian said while falling down f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Announcement
Final Chapter
Surprise
Min Yue and Lu Yin
Xu Ming and Ju Ren
Wen Wei and Long Min
Zi You and Lui Yun Part 1
Zi You and Lui Yun Part 2

Meng Shu and Cheng Wu

11.8K 387 26
By Shellyrill

Meng Shu stared at the figures, moving inside that room, wishing that time could be turned back.

He was inside the hospital, watching through the glass as the man he loved, got operated on. He didn't know what had happened, even Lui Yun wouldn't tell him. All he remembered was the scene of a crazed Lui Yun carrying a bloody Zi You into the hospital.

He had been in the hospital today, visiting all the elderly and children. But never in his life, did he expect for this to happen.

He couldn't believe it.

That man that use to smile so brightly, his eyes that were able to make the sun pale in comparison, were shut ever so tightly.

His hand swiped his hair back as he listened to the sound of Lui Yun, yelling at the nurses. Meng Shu understood why he would do that. The love of his life was in a hospital, currently he had been operated on for more than 5 hours, and there still were no good signs yet.

He was suddenly stopped at the sound of the doors opening, as a man dressed in white, his white clothes having blood on them, came out. The doctor had finally stopped.

"Mr. Lui, I have done the best I could. The bullet was extremely close to his heart, one millimeter away to be exact. I have successfully took it out, that I can assure you of. But Mr. Zi has been put into coma. I do not know how long he would stay like that for. I can only ask for your forgiveness, as I can no longer help any more than this." The doctor said, his face filled with sorrow.

Meng Shu felt his heart dropped. A bullet? Zi You was shot? Next to his heart? How can this have happened?

No. No. No. He couldn't lose him, he couldn't lose another person.

Just as he was in his deep thoughts, he saw Lui Yun running straight into the room. He knew that he should give Lui Yun some alone time with Zi You.

He hurried to sit down, afraid that his legs would give up on him. As soon as he sat down, the image of Cheng Wu came running straight at him.

"What happened?" Cheng Wu asked, looking into the room as he softly pant.

"Zi You. He's in there right now." Meng Shu said, feeling a tug at his heart.

"Why? Why would he be here?" Cheng Wu asked, his eyes full of disbelief.

"The doctor said that Zi You was shot." Meng Shu said, as he looked at Cheng Wu with bloodshot eyes.

Cheng Wu flinched at the sight of Meng Shu's eyes. He had known him for so long, but this was the first time that Meng Shu had an appearance like this. Quietly, he sat next to Meng Shu, wanting to hold his hand, but not daring to. Wanting to comfort him, but yet, holding it all back.

"Zi You would be alright, he always will be." Cheng Wu said the best he could.

He knew that Meng Shu likes Zi You, and he knew that if Zi You were to die, then maybe Meng Shu would love him back. But he wasn't such a dirty player. He will never play dirty in something as serious as love. He couldn't afford to lose Meng Shu forever.

He could only stare at Meng Shu, quietly from the side.

Why did he fall for this man?

It was the first day that he had arrived at Longyue Entertainment. The day that he had finally given up on his family. He loved them, and did his best, all just for them. But the only thing he was given was the brutal taste of being an unwanted child.

He knew from the start that he was an unwanted child. Unlike him, his two older brothers were planned. He was an accident that had occurred in their wonderful life with their two children.

From an early age, he was never given the love of one's parents. He could only stare at his parents as they laughed and chatted with their two children. He did his best to stand out, and be the best amongst his peers.

But this only made things worse.

Was it the fact that he was outshining his brothers?

Or was it the fact that his parents didn't want an unwanted child to become famous?

He was young and naive back then. Now, things have changed.

That was what he thought, until that day Meng Shu appeared. He was dressed in tatters, but what was more shocking was the cold look on his face, and in his eyes. He wished that he could know what had happen to this child.

He didn't mind when he was coldly looked at, nor did he mind it when Meng Shu would not respond to his questions. He just wished for Meng Shu to finally change, even if it was just a little.

He didn't know when, but during those years he had spent with Meng Shu, his heart was also given to that man. He dropped hints everywhere, but he didn't know if that man was dense, or if he just didn't care about love.

Five years. That was how long he spent trying to get Meng Shu to know that he loved him. Five years he waited, and more he would wait.

He had waited for five years, he could wait more.

His days were always filled with the thoughts of anguish and the belief that nothing in this world was beautiful.

He was proven wrong.

He didn't know if it was the cold look on Meng Shu's face that drew him in. Or the feeling that he could finally feel love.

During the years he had spent at Longyue Entertainment, he had been confessed to for many times. But he always rejected them, telling them that he had someone else in his heart.

He dressed more like a playboy. That he knew. But he thought that Meng Shu might get jealous when he saw others looking at him. When he knew that Meng Shu didn't care, he couldn't deny the fact that it pained him.

He worked harder than ever, just to debut in the same group as Meng Shu. The things that he once hated, he had to open them back up again.

The wounds and memories from then, he could never forget. He thought that if he gave up those skills he would then forget. It worked for him. But when he finally opened them back up again, the pain was too much.

The first time he sung, the first time he played the guitar again, he cried. The memories pained him far too much, but he persisted. His hard work finally payed off when he was put into the same group as Meng Shu.

Now that he saw the man he loved, in love with someone else. He couldn't take it anymore. He once said that he would wait for Meng Shu to notice him. But it has been so long and yet he still stood there, alone. He was left, like a flower to never be picked, left to slowly wither to its death.

Right then, the door opened up and Lui Yun stormed out. Meng Shu didn't even waste anytime as he rushed in next.

Cheng Wu stared bitterly at the door.

This is it, Meng Shu. All the years that I have love you, I will let go. All the love I have for you will be forgotten. I will think that my love for you were only a dream. A dream that would always come to an end. A dream that would never come true. A dream that only I dreamed.

A tear gently fell down his face as he rushed to get out of the hospital. Rushing onto his motorcycle, he sped off as the tears ran down his face.

My heart already knows this feeling of loneliness that's about to explode.
I can't have you, I can't touch you, but I'm okay.
As much as my tears, I hope that you are happy.
Goodbye my love. (Lyrics taken from, Ailee-Goodbye My Love)

After about 30 minutes, just as he was about to turn, he heard a honk to the left of him. Turning his head to the right, he saw that a truck was coming straight towards him. He hurried to turn, but it was all to late.

He felt the impact form the truck hit against him. His body fell against the hard ground as the sound of bones cracking seemed to echo. He felt the blood pool around his body as he struggled to keep his eyes opened.

Maybe death wasn't such a bad thing after all.

Just before he closed his eyes, he could hear the sound of people shouting.

A figure dressed in black laid in a pool of blood. His whole body was covered in blood, and many of his bones appeared to be broken. The people got out of their car as fast as they could as they attempted to help the man. The ambulance soon came, as they lifted the man, and were gone.

Meng Shu stared at the sleeping Zi You. His hands fought the urge to stroke Zi You's face.

Right at that moment, his phone rung. Cheng Wu popped up on his phone and he answered it.

"What is it, Cheng Wu?" Meng Shu asked.

"Hello, I am a nurse calling from Xiang Hospital. You have been put as the emergency number for Mr. Cheng Wu's phone. I have called to inform you that he is currently in the hospital after a terrible car crash." A girl's voice rung out from the phone.

As Meng Shu listened, his heart immediately began beating fast. He rushed out of the room and darted out the hospital, searching for the keys to his car.

When he arrived at the hospital, he rushed to the nurse at the desks.

"Where is the room for Cheng Wu?" Meng Shu breathed out.

The nurse's face paled at that name.

"He is currently in operating room #6, on the 8th floor." The nurse said, as Meng Shu took off.

He ran as fast as he could, not knowing why he was so worried. As he got to the room, he could hear sounds of clattering and the machines beeping. Right then, a doctor can out.

"Are you the emergency caller for Mr. Cheng Wu?" The doctor asked.

"Yes, I am." Meng Shu replied.

"I have to tell you that this is too serious. Most of his bones have been broken, and his ribs have punctured his organs. His heart and lungs have been slowing down their work, and his brain is slowly shutting down on us. The chances of him surviving this surgery would be less than 15% and even if he does survive, there is a high risk of him never being able to function correctly. I am going to ask you now, if we should continue the surgery and try our best, or let him go?"

"Please, keep doing the surgery. And please try your best to keep him alive." Meng Shu said.

"I will try my best." The doctor said before he went back inside.

Meng Shu stared at the room. He couldn't believe it. Not even 1 hour ago, he was talking to Cheng Wu and now, he was in the hospital with no guarantee of being able to live.

He knew that Cheng Wu liked him. He knew it since long ago. He just didn't want to admit it that maybe he had liked him too. Those feelings were lost when Zi You entered his life. Now, did he still like Cheng Wu?

He must still like him. Why else would he be feeling such pain like this then?

Just then, the heart monitor suddenly stopped, playing a long echoing sound.

A nurse came to pull Meng Shu into the room, hurriedly saying, "This may be your last moment with him," before turning back to help out.

Meng Shu watched as the doctors, surgeons, and nurses rushed to get the young man's heart beating.

In all this clattering, Meng Shu could only pay attention to the young man, laying on the bed, as everyone rushed to save him.

The young man looked peaceful as his heart stopped, even so, Meng Shu didn't believe that he would die. He slowly stepped towards the man, taking in the sight.

As he got close enough, he stretched his hands out to grab onto Cheng Wu's. He gripped his hand tightly, afraid that he would lose him if his hold was too loose.

"Please, I need you." Meng Shu said.

Cheng Wu remembered that he had been hit by a truck, even so, he was happy. As he finally looked around, he noticed that everything was dark.

Was he going to be reincarnated?

"Not yet."

Cheng Wu looked around, wondering where the voice came from.

"Your time isn't up yet."

Cheng Wu looked around the darkness, puzzled.

"What do you mean my time isn't up yet?" Cheng Wu asked to the darkness.

"You haven't live long enough. Your soul was never suppose to come this early."

Cheng Wu only wrinkled his eyebrows at this.

"You haven't lived the life you were assigned."

"What was the life I was assigned?" Cheng Wu asked.

"That is something I am not capable to tell you."

"You and him. You two aren't together yet, that means that neither of you are suppose to come yet."

"Who is him?" Cheng Wu asked, extremely curious.

"Him? You know deep inside your heart who he is. It is up to you to find out who he is. Know well that you can't defy destiny or fate. From the start you two were tied together."

Him. Who else can it be but that guy.

"Why would it be him? He has never liked me and he never will." Cheng Wu said, as tears began to threaten him.

"Wrong. You have not spent enough time with him to know that. Go back. Go and fulfill the life you guys were tied with. I will send you back, but I don't know how long it will be until you wake up. I will make sure to help you heal faster than normal."

"Thank you." Cheng Wu said as he felt his body start to disappear.

After the presence of Cheng Wu's disappeared, a woman's voice could be heard.

"Go child. You have lived a life full of sadness. Even if it means lying to you, I will make sure to help you find your happiness."

"Mother is sorry that she couldn't be with you and had given you to those bastards. I hope that you will never be abandon ever again. Mother wished that she had more time to be with you, but her time had run out. This is the final thing that I can do for you, before I disappear forever. I love you, my sweet, sweet son."

The sound of a teardrop could be heard as it splashed onto the ground, echoing all around.

"We got a heart beat," a surgeon yelled as he hurried to make sure the man's heart beat won't disappear.

Meng Shu breathed a sigh full of relief. His hand rose to rub his eyes when he felt something wet. Startled, he touched his cheek. Had he been crying?

After that, he was sent out of the room.

He kept walking back and forth, afraid that something might happen. When he was told that Cheng Wu was finally stable, he was able to finally relax. After that he rushed into the new room that Cheng Wu was put in.

True to that person's words, Cheng Wu was able to return. Though he wasn't able to move or wake up, he could tell that his body was healing at a fast pace.

Meng Shu sat on a chair, watching carefully as Cheng Wu laid there. He wasn't worry now that Cheng Wu was healing. He was quite surprised when he was told that Cheng Wu was healing faster than an average man. He didn't care about that though. All he cared about was the safety.

How long has it been?

He didn't know. For him, time had stopped, when he entered this hospital.

How many day and nights has he spent, looking at that beautiful face?

Just how long did he have to hurt, before he would awake?

He suddenly raised a hand to caress Cheng Wu's face.

"How long are you planning to lay there? Don't you know that you have kept me worried sick about you?" Meng Shu said as he softly rubbed Cheng Wu's cheek.

Then, with a sudden movement, he gently placed his lips onto the sleeping man's.

Woosh. Cheng Wu's eyes opened only to see Meng Shu right in front of him. He didn't panic. Deep in his heart, he somehow knew that Meng Shu was always his. Even when he didn't think so.

Meng Shu was extremely surprised when Cheng Wu suddenly opened his eyes. But he was even more surprised when Cheng Wu responded to his kiss, by lifting his hand and placing it into his cheek.

"I'm back." Cheng Wu said, breaking away from the kiss before softly smiling as he looked into Meng Shu's emotional eyes.

"You're back." Meng Shu barely was able to say this, before his arms wrapped tightly around Cheng Wu. Almost as if he was making sure that Cheng Wu wouldn't disappear.

Then, he softly cried.

Cheng Wu could only be startled when Meng Shu broke into tears.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. All of it was my fault. I ignored you when you believed that I would love you. But when I was going through the toughest of times, you were always there and helping me. How could I be so cruel and selfish? To take but never give? Why would you love someone like me? You could meet someone so much better than I, but you never left. Why? Just why would you stay? What if I had never returned your love for you? Would you have just waited for me?" Meng Shu mumbled, overcome by his emotions.

"Why? Isn't that easy? It was because I loved you." Cheng Wu said as he softly patted Meng Shu's back.

"And it will never change. Even if time runs out, my love for you will never run out. My faith in you is stronger than the memories I hold of us being together. Even if I forget you, my heart will never. Meng Shu, remember that true love is stronger than anything in this world. Not even separation can stop true love." Cheng Wu said, as he pushed Meng Shu forward and looked into his eyes. Grasping tightly onto Meng Shu's hand, before placing it on his heart, and his hand on Meng Shu's heart.

"What we hold in our heart, is something call true love."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.8K 2.5K 10
Classic story about cold hearted boss and sweet secretary. [Min Yoongi] [BTS AU]
1.1K 115 13
The story tells about Rakuzan Basketball Captain.
536K 25.6K 51
After waking up from the bittersweet dream Ming Yu continued to live his life just like before. Yet, his life started to change when he encounters th...
872K 31K 58
當蔡仁遇見皇帝的時候,他永遠不會有新的東西。 The autumn leaves littered the dirt road of Fu Shang, the sun setting over the mountains as a young man said farewell to his v...