Friendship's Overrated

By My_ShipWrecked_Heart

"Levon." Todd answered, voice hard. "Todd." Levon responded just as coolly. There was a pause. "Are you busy... More

Chapter One: Thanksgiving
Chapter Two: University
Chapter Three: Christmas Eve
Chapter Four: New Years
Chapter Five: University
Chapter Six: Spring Break
Chapter Seven: Summer
Chapter Eight: Summer Break
Chapter Nine: Summer Break
Chapter Ten: Summer Break
Chapter Eleven: Summer Break
Chapter Thirteen: Still Summer Break
Chapter Fourteen: Summer Break
Chapter Fifteen: Thanksgiving
Chapter Sixteen: Winter Break
Chapter Seventeen: New Years Day
Chapter Eighteen : Summer Break
New Story!

Chapter Twelve: Summer Break

8.1K 443 315
By My_ShipWrecked_Heart

"We can't play Pictionary. There are seven of us. It won't be even teams," Todd said, frowning as they got the game out.

"Sorry, Phee, guess you have to leave," Levon smirked, turning to his little sister and she glared at him. Her wet hair was up in a twist, she had been forced to remove the little makeup she had put on. She was wearing one of Betto's t-shirts and a pair of his basketball shorts. She looked extremely unimpressed with her older brother, clearly not quite having forgiven him for pelting her with water-balloons as she walked to the front door.

"Leave the poor girl alone, Levon," Aisha cut in, sending Ophelia a sympathetic look. "You've put her through enough."

"She's been through worse," Levon snickered, chuckling a bit louder when Ophelia just glared at him harder. Todd rolled his eyes at Levon's antics and kicked the man in the leg to divert his attention. Levon turned his head to give Todd a grin before he slung his arm along the back of Todd's chair. Todd allowed it, feeling his heart rate speed up as it always seemed to when Levon showed any forms of affection.

Being around Levon had changed ever since Levon had said the L-word. Todd felt light, and his pulse quickened each time he was around Levon. Levon had become significantly more affectionate; touching, hugging, and kissing Todd at every opportunity. It was taking Todd some getting used to but he could hardly say it was an unpleasant change. He silently admitted to himself that he did enjoy the small gestures; like the arm behind his shoulders, fingers almost absently moving in tiny patterns on his shoulder.

"I hate that that's true. You bully my girlfriend," Betto sighed and set up the game at the center of the table. They were all in Betto's dining room, placed in the spacious, air-conditioned room and trying to avoid the sweltering heat outside. Sun spilled in through all the windows and they had taken seats around the round table to play games like a bunch of children. Save for the cold beers that were placed around the table and in their hands.

"It's not bullying if she's my sister," Levon argued.

"I'm pretty sure it is," Aisha retorted and Todd sighed.

"Let's just play the game," Todd said and grabbed a pencil and slip of paper. "Me and Levon, Betto and Ophelia, and Cash, Parker and Aisha. Parker is shit at everything so he barely even counts as a player anyway."

"Rude," Parker frowned, and Cash cracked up laughing.

"Way to make me the third wheel of the team," Aisha grumbled and dragged her chair closer to the happy couple. Todd smirked and little and Aisha flipped him off.

Ophelia and Betto went first and the game was sent rolling. The pieces moved across the board and Todd's cheeks hurt from laughing. It was clear that none of them were anywhere near decent artists, and Parker was clearly among the worst, unable to even understand what anyone else was drawing. As predicted he was a useless member. Before long Cash and Aisha were complaining that Parker was the reason why their team was in last place and Betto was trying to shut them up, a satisfied grin on his lips at being in the lead with Ophelia.

Levon was frustrated, ridiculously competitive, wanting to be ahead of his sister and Todd couldn't help how much that amused him. He had purposely dragged their turns out to get Levon on edge and annoyed with him. The pinches Levon kept delivering to Todd's thigh were a clear indicator to how unimpressed Levon was with Todd's behaviour.

"All play," Cash sighed as their piece landed on the orange square and Levon let out a quick cheer, snatching up his pencil.

"Get your head in the game, Toddy," Levon growled at him and Todd snickered. "Or I'll be smothering you in your sleep tonight."

"Always so angry," Todd mumbled and Levon shoved him.

The card was passed around to the assigned artists; Levon, Ophelia, and Aisha. Levon squinted at the card in annoyance and Todd hid another smirk. Parker, having been scolded one too many times, decided not to participate with his team and took charge of watching the timer.

"Everyone ready?" Parker asked boredly, and received a chorus of affirmatives. "Go." He flipped the timer.

Levon immediately started drawing and Todd leaned in close to see the paper. His brows bunched together at the random series of circles and squiggles. Everyone was shouting guesses around them. Parker still looked bored.

"What the fuck is this?" Todd asked Levon and Levon huffed out a frustrated breath, making some straight lines.

"Church?" Cash blurted and Aisha was shaking her head quickly.

"Windows?" Betto asked Ophelia but was wrong, and Todd tried to see something of the sort in Levon's drawing. Eyeing the messy drawing he could probably see windows.

"Stained glass?" Todd asked at just a second before Betto did and Levon threw his hands up with a shout.

"In your face!" Levon called at Ophelia and she chucked her pencil at him. Todd grinned at that, narrowly dodging the pencil, then Levon turned and planted a kiss on his lips sending heat rocketing over his cheeks. "Thank you for not being a dumbass."

"What the fuck?" Parker's mouth had fallen open and he stared at the two men in surprise. "Did that just happen?"

"You just kissed Todd," Ophelia blinked at her brother in shock, a slow smile spreading over her face and Todd wanted to strangle Levon for subjecting him to such embarrassment. "You seriously did."

"Problem?" Levon asked looking far smugger than Todd thought the situation warranted.

"Is this a thing now?" Parker asked and glanced around the table at the rest of the company's lack of reaction, just knowing smiles. "How long has this been a thing?"

"This is not a thing," Todd growled in annoyance, good mood ruined. "We're not a thing."

"Totally not a thing," Levon agreed with a wide, sarcastic smile, propping his chin on his fist. "Just two guys, not even friends, who like to make out. Nothing weird about that."

"Shut up, Levon," Todd snapped and Levon cast him a smirk.

"I thought you knew," Aisha said to Parker and Parker frowned at her.

"How would I know?" Parker blinked. "I've never seen them kiss before."

"But Cash knew," Aisha gestured to Cash who was smiling ecstatically at Todd causing the man to blush further. "I thought couples shared a brain."

"Cash doesn't share anything," Parker snorted. "She has treats stashed all over our house and I won't tell me where any of them are. She has secrets with my mom and everything."

"You don't get to know where the treats are because you'll eat it all," Cash glanced at her fiancé. "I need those snacks for when I have bad days."

"What about when I have bad days?" Parker challenged and Cash arched a brow.

"Then you can go out and buy your own snacks. Stop trying to take mine."

"Can we just keep playing?" Todd heaved out a sigh.

"I feel like I have to catalog this moment," Ophelia whispered loudly to Betto. "I always knew they were meant to be. I feel validated."

"Here, roll the dice," Todd said, shoving the dice at Levon and scowling at Ophelia. She smiled back prettily.

"Moms are going to flip," Ophelia continued. "They don't know, do they?"

"No," Levon grinned and Todd groaned. "Do you think they would have kept quiet about it if they knew?"

"I so want to be there when your moms find out," Aisha laughed. "I fucking love them."

"Todd's probably going to have an aneurysm when they find out," Betto chuckles, glancing amusedly at Todd's red, glowering face.

The game was much less enjoyable for Todd after that. It seemed it like everyone had lost some interest in the game and was more into freely cracking jokes about Todd and Levon. Todd tried repeatedly to divert the attention from himself but that only seemed to make it funnier for them. Todd purposely lost the game for Levon as revenge. Levon's grimace when Ophelia and Betto won was the only thing that lifted Todd's mood.

Todd decided to leave right after the game, ready to be away from everyone, and Levon agreed easily. They were the first ones to leave and Todd slammed out of the house ignoring their jabs about the two of them needing private time. Levon was hot on his heels, still chuckling.

"I hope you know I'm mad at you," Todd informed Levon as Levon pulled the car out of the driveway and Levon glanced at him with a smile.

"Mad that I kissed you in front of our closest friends?" Levon asked and Todd scowled at him.

"Obviously, you fuck-wit." Todd had half a mind to make Levon drive him to his own house. Todd's mother had taken Todd's advice and they had left not too long after the fight to some unknown destination. Todd was still refusing to answer the phone calls or read the texts.

"Would you be less mad if I said I was sorry?" Levon asked, staring straight ahead, lips pressed together in clear suppression of laughter.

"I would be less mad if I punched you a few times."

"How about we just head to my place and have some killer make-up sex?" Levon asked, a teasing smirk spreading across his lips. His eyes shifted to Todd and he started laughing at the harsh glare he was receiving. Todd decided it was a good time to turn the radio up.

They arrived at Levon's house and Todd was out of the car before the engine was even cut. Levon followed as quickly as he could. Todd ignored Levon's goading and absently noted that both Gwen and Bree's cars were in the driveway and Jasper's motorcycle was visible in the garage. All the more witnesses for when he unavoidably murders Levon.

"Toddy," Levon came behind him, voice full of laughter. "Don't be like that, babe!"

"Don't even call me that," Todd grimaced immediately, turning his head to glance at Levon while continuing up the stairs to Levon's room. "You know I hate that shit."

"If I give up the pet names will you forgive me for outing you to our friends?" Levon asked and Todd rolled his eyes.

"It doesn't matter, Lev," Todd made it up the stairs and for the door to Levon's room. "Most of them already knew anyway."

"So, you're not mad?" Levon asked and Todd swallowed his amusement at Levon's confusion.

"No, I'm not mad, Idiot," Todd turned around to face Levon, standing across the room. Levon blinked at him, smirking slightly as he closed the door, shutting them into the bedroom.

"I think my pet-name was sweeter than yours," Levon said and Todd's lips twitched into a crooked smile.

"I think mine is more accurate to your person," Todd defended and Levon narrowed his eyes slightly, face full of mischief. He started walking forward and Tod wondered how a person could look so good in a pair of board shorts and a white t-shirt. Levon always looked so damn good.

"You sure you're not mad?" Levon asked, voice going husky and Todd blinked at the sudden change in mood.

"I'm pretty annoyed that you had all of them fucking with me the whole afternoon," Todd said. "But I'm not mad per-say."

"How disappointing," Levon just about purred, stepping right up close to Todd, their chests nearly touching. "I was looking forward to that make-up sex."

"Mind out of the gutter," Todd warned, a hand landing on Levon's chest, undecided if he meant to push the other man away or not.

"I think you should get in the gutter with me," Levon grinned. "Everything is way more fun in here."

"Everything is way dirtier in there," Todd chuckled despite himself and Levon hummed in approval.

"Want me to show you just how fun dirty can be?" Levon asked and Todd's head tilted up toward the lips that were moving all too close to his face.

"Why don't you just shut the fuck up?"

Then they were kissing. Levon's fingers were on Todd's cheeks, holding their faces together as he dominated the kiss and Todd let him. Kissing Levon only seemed to grow more intense each time. They were rough kisses with always the right amount of tongue, the right amount of touching at all the right times. It made Todd feel like he was floating, clinging to Levon desperately so he didn't fly away.

Perhaps it was the talk of make-up sex, or the flirty banter that had preceded their kiss, but the spark between them seemed more alive than ever. Todd wasn't sure when the lust had seeped into his mind but soon it was all he could focus on. His hands gripped Levon's hips, pulling the man against him and groaning lowly against Levon's lips at the contact.

That seemed to be some sort of consent Todd hadn't known Levon had been waiting for as only moments later Levon was sliding his hands down Todd's neck and just about everywhere his hands could reach. Todd revelled in the attention, deciding to follow the example, dragging his fingers over the hard muscles that lay below the thin, summer fabrics of his clothing.

"Your shirt," Levon pulled away. They were both breathing hard, Todd's eyes felt heavy with need, lips raw from kissing. He blinked at Levon confusedly and Levon was smirking fondly, tugging at the hem of Todd's t-shirt. "Take it off, Toddy."

"Off?" Todd breathed stupidly, realized his idiocy as Levon nodded, lips pressing together to hide laughter, and pulled the shirt over his head. He bit down the swell of self-consciousness as Levon eyed his flat, ab-less stomach with obvious excitement.

"I fucking love you," Levon murmured and Todd flushed a red so fierce it almost had him swaying. He didn't have to respond as Levon tore off his own shirt in a much more fluid motion, uniting their lips again before Todd had a chance to admire the new sight.

The kiss was much wilder than before, as if the lack of shirts had made it all seem more intimate. Levon was touching all over Todd, even stopping to squeeze at Todd's ass in a way no one had before, and Todd mumbled his approval into Levon's mouth. Levon directed their kissing selves toward the bed, a flurry of groping and frantic making out like a pair of hormone-driven teenagers. Todd couldn't find the will to embarrassed by that.

Levon was on top of him and Todd couldn't find a single thing wrong with that, the hands on either side of his head, biceps flexing next to his face. Couldn't find a single thing wrong with the way Levon covered his body, pressing their hips together. Todd's legs went awkwardly around Levon's waist, and he didn't care. Levon's kisses made it so nothing else mattered.

Levon started rolling his hips causing a friction that was so pleasing Todd had to pull away from the kiss to groan in satisfaction. Levon began kissing along his jaw and Todd could feel the smile on the man's lips. Always amused. Todd moaned again, softly and wishing he could muffle it completely as Levon started setting a sloppy rhythm Todd tried to meet with his own clumsy movements.

Levon kissed into the crook of his neck, sucking on the skin their and Todd move his head so Levon had more access to the sensitive space. Todd reached down and grabbed at Levon's ass, marveling at the feeling of the round muscles in his palms, squeezing and encouraging the man to grind harder against him. Todd tried to stop the sounds that were climbing in his throat, breathing harder than he liked, eyes closed tight.

I fucking love you.

Todd moaned, a little louder and Levon laughed against his skin. Todd's eyes opened and Levon's face was in front of his, eyes hooded and heavy with lust. Todd pressed their lips together, reaching up to thread his fingers into the soft, strawberry blond hair. And Levon groaned into his mouth. Levon dropped slightly, slumping against Todd so he could use his hands to hold Todd's cheeks instead of holding his torso up and Todd kissed him with the hunger of a starving man.

And then the spell was broken. The door slamming open as Jasper burst into the room, absently looking at the game case in his hand, unaware of what he was interrupting until Levon was shouting at him.

"What the fuck?" Jasper blurted, watching with wide eyes as Levon rolled off of Todd to violently throw a pillow at his older brother. It hit, but Jasper hardly seemed to notice.

"Why don't you go learn to fucking knock!" Levon snapped, glaring hard and a slow grin spread over Jasper's bearded features. Todd's face felt like it was on fire as Jasper's eyes skimmed over his naked chest.

"I didn't mean to interrupt," Jasper wiggled his brows and Levon was off the bed, rushing to the door and Jasper was sprinting down the hall before Levon could reach him. Levon stopped at his doorway, thumping his head against the doorframe as Jasper's voice carried to them. "Levon and Todd are fucking! I fucking knew it!"

"Well, that blows," Levon grumbled and glanced back at Todd's absolutely traumatized face, a smile cracking his face despite his annoyance. "You look like someone just killed your cat."

"Now your mom's know," Todd whispered in horror and Levon chuckled. Levon pulled his desk chair over and shoved it against the door to keep it closed. Todd didn't bother mentioning that Levon hadn't shoved it against the door to properly keep people out, the chair would be easily shoved aside by the next one to enter, but Levon seemed pleased.

"I promise it's not going to be the end of the world," Levon told him, voice caught between soothing and teasing, and Todd glared at him.

"You don't realize how much hell they are going to put us through," Todd growled. "You saw how they teased Jasper and his first girlfriend. I'm so not ready for this."

"It'll be fine," Levon grinned, pushing against Todd's chest to get him laying back down. The moment had been ruined and Todd was no longer as agreeable as he had been, scowling as Levon settled himself back over Todd.

"I'm going back to my place if they make a single comment about us having sex," Todd grunted. "I will not be mocked for something I haven't even done yet."

"We could fix that if you want?" Levon offered with a suggestive smirk and Todd shoved the man off him.

"Fuck off." Levon laughed and settled down beside Todd, their bodies pressed together. He propped his head up on his elbow and looked down at Todd. Todd glared back.

"Go on a date with me."

"What?" Todd blanked at the random question- no, it had been a command. Levon just kept smiling at him, eyes eager and warm. Todd felt like his face couldn't get any hotter, and he was very sure he had misheard the idiot beside him.

"A date," Levon repeated. "I want to take you on a date."

"I hate dates," Todd stated, eyes narrowing and Levon smiled a tad wider.

"I promise you'll enjoy it," Levon crooned and Todd rolled his eyes but noted the soft vulnerability in Levon's features. Fear of rejection probably. Idiot. "I'll make sure it's something you'll like."

"I don't want to be the girl in this," Todd groaned, scrubbing a hand over his face, already feeling the inking of defeat in his system. he was becoming such a pushover for Levon.

"We're both men. Don't try to fit us into conventional stereotypes," Levon dismissed him and Todd huffed at that.

"If you plan something stupid, I'm leaving," Todd told him and Levon beamed.

"If I'm planning it you know it'll be fucking fantastic."

And then they were kissing again, and Todd was trying to ignore the excited shouting from the floor below. If it wasn't for the moron on the bed with him, Todd was sure he would have flung himself out the window. As it were, he swallowed more of his complaints and decided to suffer through. This was his family after all. A little teasing never killed anyone.             

***

Enjoy! I hope the irregular updates are pleasing and not frustrating. There should be about nineteen chapters of this story in total- if anyone was interested in knowing- so seven more to go!!

Vote or comment to tell me what you think! Thanks and much love! Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 604 26
" this all is your fucking fault" all of a sudden I was slammed against my locker,towering over me was my arch enemy 'Sam the Dam'. My head was pound...
94K 4.4K 15
Where Max somehow gets roped into one of his sister's stupid schemes and ends up in way over his head, completely out of his comfort zone, and quite...
41.1K 978 29
"Look at me Axel . I'm sorry I never should've- His lips were on mine and I grabbed his waist like it was the most natural thing in the world. His...
387K 12.1K 23
Liam Green, an alpha with a secret who's ready to give up on the idea of finding his mate after 6 years of searching. Finely Floyd, a grade A asshol...