Open Relationship

By kryzme

James has always been the nice girl, the girl who does everything right. However, when she's torn between the... More

Open Relationship
Open Relationship - Chapter 2
Open Relationship - Chapter 3
Open Relationship - Chapter 4
Open Relationship - Chapter 5
Open Relationship - Chapter 6
Open Relationship - Chapter 7
Open Relationship - Chapter 8
Open Relationship - Chapter 9
Open Relationship - Chapter 10
Open Relationship - Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 13

774 20 10
By kryzme

Sorry this took so long everyone! Here it is, hope you like it! Please vote and comment! 

_________________________________________________________________________

“So, I saw Noah leaving on my way up here.” Wes said distastefully.

“Yup.” I answered. Wes gave me a glare and I cocked an eyebrow at him. “What?”

“Seriously James, I don’t understand what you’re seeing in that guy. What about Landon? I thought you said you liked him.”

“I do.” I let out a sigh. “I don’t know. The whole situation really has me pretty confused.”

“Want my advice? Drop Noah. He’s a waste of your time. You can’t be dating the both of them at the same time.”

“He obviously feels something for her though. She may be his true love and he’s only just realizing it.” Hollis’s voice came from the kitchen.

“Hollis, you’re a bad influence. Are you really going to take advice from her? Look at how her relationships are going!” Wes exclaimed and Hollis came out, slapping the back of his head.

“Shut up Wes. You haven’t exactly had the best of luck either.” She sat beside him and gave me a pointed look. “Listen James, Landon is nice, and Noah is too. I don’t care who you choose, but I do agree with Wes on one thing. You’re going to have to choose soon.”

I let my head fall into my hands. I had been dead set on leaving Noah to be honest, but something had made me change my mind out of nowhere. My mind went back to when he had come to surprise me last night.

After a very heated kiss at the door, we naturally arrived in my room on my bed. We kissed, touched, sighed until Noah stopped and moved a stray hair from my eyes. I was caught off guard by the suddenly sweet moment.

“James, there’s just…something about you. Or maybe it’s everything about you. You make me wonder if this whole thing is the right decision, and maybe I should just realize that what I want, what I need, is right in front of me.”

“What are you saying?” I asked, feeling elated. My heart was pounding in my chest and he smiled.

“I don’t know James, I just feel that I may be falling for you and it could be the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” I was silent for a moment, mostly in shock.

“Noah…I don’t know what to say. I thought I was just something on the side for you to be honest.”

“No James, you stopped being that a long time ago. I don’t even remember the last time I spoke to Mae. I doubt she even cares. I just feel so drawn to you and you’re all I can think about.”

My heart was pounding just remembering those sweet words he whispered to me in the dark. I wasn’t sure if he was being sincere or not, but I really wanted to believe he was.

Before I knew it, it was time for the fundraiser and I felt crazed as I tried to finish getting ready. “You look hot, honey. Stop freaking out.” Hollis told me, fixing my hair. I didn’t answer her and she fixed my hair on my shoulders. “When’s he coming to pick you up?”

“Any minute now.” I said, letting out a breath.

“You look gorgeous, sister darling.” She drawled dramatically and I laughed. There was a buzz and I felt my heart flutter again. I gave her a deer-in-headlights look and she shook her head with a smile. “Hello?”

“Hey, it’s Landon. Is this the beautiful Hollis?”

“Flattery will get you nowhere Landon…with anyone else. With me it works every time.” I heard a chuckle on the other end and it made me smile. Landon’s laugh calmed me.

“I’ll see you in a minute, darling.” He directed at me and I felt my heart flutter at him calling me darling.

Hollis turned to me and gave me a flashy smile. “Go have fun, darling.”

“Later Hollis.” I grabbed my clutch and coat and headed down the stairs. He was waiting for me outside the door and his eyes brightened as I walked out with a coy smile on my face. “Hey,” I said, softly.

“Hey,” He replied, looking at a loss for words. He held out his hand for me and I took it graciously. He led me to the car, not taking his eyes from me and a goofy smiled formed on his face as he opened the door for me. “You look beautiful.”

“Thank you. I was nervous. I still am nervous.” I admitted and Landon cocked his head to the side as he slid into the drivers’ seat.

“Why? You don’t have to be nervous.” He said, putting his hand on my thigh and I sighed.

“I guess, I’m just nervous about meeting your parents.”

“Don’t be. They’ll love you.”

“What should I call them, when I meet them? Mr. and Mrs. Richmond?”

“At first, but I’m sure they’ll correct you. They’re going to love you, James. Please, stop worrying about it and just be yourself.”

The drive took a while. We drove a little bit out of the city and to what looked like a very wealthy neighborhood. “Where are we?” I asked him and he smiled.

“Wait till you see this place.”

We stopped in front of a very large house. I wasn’t used to leaving the city except to see my parents’ house, so I had already prepared for some surprise, but this…this was pure astonishment. I had never been to a house this large before, and it only made me even more nervous. What kind of family was I getting myself involved with, and would I even fit in?

Landon’s car was valet parked and he took my arm, leading me into the house. I gulped. Landon noticed how stiff I was and moved his arm around my waist, pulling me against him. “Everyone’s going to love you,” he whispered in my ear and I let out a breath.

“Richmond! Good to see you made it!” A loud boisterous man walked up to us and smacked him on the back. “And who’s this? Aaron Griswold, pleasure to meet you.” He stuck his hand out to me and I took it, looking to Landon with an unsure expression.

“This is my lovely date for the evening, James. James, this is a friend of my father’s, Aaron Griswold.” Landon introduced.

“She’s beautiful, Landon! How’d you get her to be seen with you?” He teased and I laughed.

“I’m still wondering that myself, Aaron.” I felt his arm go tighter around my waist and I couldn’t help the smile that widened on my face.

“Well, your parents are waiting for you over by the bar. I’ve got to find that wife of mine.” He patted Landon again before walking away.

“Come on,” Landon urged and we headed out the back of the overwhelming mansion and out the back. There was a huge lake, a guest house, swimming pool with hot tub, and a bar across the beautiful green lawn. There was live music being played by a string quartet, and items everywhere being auctioned off for the cause. We weaved through the tables, heading to the bar. Every step I took brought me to a new level of nervousness.

“Ah, Landon, we were wondering when you’d get here.” Abby commented, before pulling me away from him into a hug. “And you’re looking just as beautiful in that dress as I said you would. Mom, Dad, this is Landon’s girlfriend, James.”

I almost choked from the word ‘girlfriend’. “Oh, no…I mean,” I started and Landon pulled me back against him.

Landon

I realized that James suddenly became nervous when Abby said the word girlfriend. “We haven’t really discussed that as of yet.” I cut in before there was any more confusion. “James, this is my mother Cecelia, and my father, Landon senior.” I introduced. James smiled politely and held her hand out. Both of them shook her hands.

“It’s a pleasure, James. Please call me Cici,”

“And you can call me Don.” Both my parents seemed pretty at ease with James, and she calmed down and instantly was more comfortable with both of them. Abby helped as well, making sure James was always involved in the conversation. Everything seemed to be going so well.

But then things turned, very suddenly.

“So, what exactly do you do, James?” My father asked her.

“Well, I work the front desk at city hall and I’m also a bartender.” She answered and I saw my father’s expression contort instantly.

“A bartender, hm?”

“Yes, but she’s almost done with her school to become a teacher!” Abby said, excitedly. Don cleared his throat.

“I see. Um, what were you planning on teaching?” My father’s demeanor changed.

“I was looking into high school literature.” James said, suddenly feeling uncomfortable.

There was now tension between us, and I realized that I had overestimated my father. He had always believed I was to marry a certain type of girl: A girl born in a certain class. I thought he’d outgrown this. I thought we were past this and that he’d finally realized that society wasn’t like this. Times had changed. I guess I’d been wrong.

There was always a reason my dad had fixed me up with girls that he knew. Daughters of his friends. He felt they were a higher station. Born from money. Somehow, this made them better people in his mind.

“A teacher, that’s wonderful though.” My mother cut in, trying to lighten the mood, noticing my father’s tightened expression. “Not enough people want to be teachers these days.”

“But teachers barely make anything. After all that schooling, to think you’d settle for teaching?”

“I like it,” She answered simply.

“What made you want to become a bartender though? I wouldn’t expect that your parents approved of such a job…” My father asked, looking down at his hands, resting on the table we had taken seats at.

“Well, I don’t think they really minded. I suppose it’s because my father owns a jazz club in the city. My brother took it over and I’ve been helping there to pay rent and school.” James’s voice was strained now, like she was speaking through clenched teeth.

“Your parents didn’t help you? Sure they helped a little?”

“I mean, they did what they could. They moved out of the city when they retired. They adopted three of us, so money was a bit tight…”

“Oh, so you’re adopted?”

“Yes,”

“You’re very different from the girls Landon usually brings here. Definitely not what I’m used to. But then again, I’m used to my son doing things I don’t expect.” Though this one was more directed at me, I could feel the sting James must’ve felt. I looked to my mother for help. She nodded and stood.

“James, why don’t you come with me? I wanted to go see the paintings.” My mom took James from the table and walked off with her and I turned on my dad angrily.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I snapped.

“What are you talking about? I was merely showing curiosity.” He answered with a shrug.

“Dad, you basically insulted her.” Abby said, sounding just as angry as me. “She’s ten times more amazing than any of the girls you tried to set Landon up with. She’s the sweetest, hardest working woman I’ve ever met. I can’t believe you just judged her like that without getting to know her.”

“Listen son, I’m sure she’s great. But certainly you understand that our family and those we consort with have certain expectations. This girl, she doesn’t meet this. We don’t know her family, and she’s not setting very high goals in life. Obviously you can see that I think you deserve better.” My father crossed his arms. He was ridiculous and unreachable when he acted like this. It was like trying to cut down a tree with a butter knife.

“The only thing I can see is a stubborn old man with a twisted view. You know what Dad? I don’t care what you think of James. You want to know why? Because, just like with my career, it doesn’t matter what you think. If I’m happy with what I have, then that’s all that matters. It was great seeing you Dad.” I ended in a growl before standing. “I’ll see you later, Abs,” I added before leaving to find James.

_________________________________________________________-

Vote and comment everyone!  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498 137 39
Is it so wrong to fall for someone with secrets and whom others don't approve of. Follow the life of two people fighting for a chance of love.
3.9M 12.6K 5
A new teacher at school in her senior year makes her life change 180°. The complications that arise with him, with her boyfriend, with everything...
2.1K 87 30
Kimberly had made a lot of friends in her life. She loved them all and she always felt loved when she was with them. It was like a whole group of mis...
350 17 13
For a very long time, she had loved this boy named 'Jared'. Jared was very skillful in basketball, he was a member of a basketball team which explain...