MISTAKE | Michael Clifford

By Laijoon

"Being in love was never a Mistake." Michael Clifford Fanfiction • AU ⓒ laijoon | 2014. All Rights Reserved. More

MISTAKE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Author's Note
SEQUEL IS UP! GO READ IT :-)
HELLO!

Chapter 26

688 36 0
By Laijoon

I’m looking on the window watching the cars driving on the both sides the rain is pouring and it’s so cold. I grip on my sleeves and trying so hard not to cry whenever I think about what Marco have said over the phone, I don’t know what to do should I ask Marco about it or not? Does my mom even know this? I have this big confusion on my mind that I can’t deal with, maybe I’m just over reacting? It could be another boy he’s talking about but I’m feeling so stressed out. I’m still staring on the window I was like on a different planet just being away in this real world I wanted to escape but I can’t.

“Ms. Wells?” Someone called me.

I look over. Shit. I forgot I’m on my class.

“Yes? Sorry?” I said on my teacher. She looks so disturbed.

“Ms. Wells, what can you say about Mr. Sean’s reaction?”

“Uhhh, what is it again?” I said I was really shy this time at class.

Everyone look at me and the others take out a laugh.

“You’re not paying attention today Ms. Wells, I expect you’ll be active by tomorrow.” She said.

I was really been taking over by this thing that I’ve known. I even forgot I’m on my English Literature class, it’s been a month now and I’m back to school so does Michael. After I heard Marco saying those words I try to make a space between me and Michael for the last weeks. I ignore him and not answering his calls that often. I know he can sense that something’s bothering me but I still deny it. I deny everything whenever he asks me the same question if I’m alright. I want to talk to Marco about it but I have no guts to do it even for my mom I’m too scared and for Michael’s mom, what happened to us is still unspoken. As far as I can see Michael’s mom didn’t tell Michael about it because he never speak anything about it or he knew, he just keep quiet.

The bell rang and it’s my last subject, I put my books on my bag then I got out of the room I slowly walk on the hallway it doesn’t feel the same way before, I walk towards on my locker few of my schoolmates wave at me I just smiled at them. I open my locker and I have this wide mirror hanging on the locker door I stare on myself wearing my dark navy blue skirt, white blouse and a khaki blazer, yup, wearing my damn school uniform. I brush my hair and keep everything organized on my locker for tomorrow’s class then I close my locker as I did someone is standing behind it. It’s Bree.

“Hey, how are you?” Bree said to me.

“I don’t want to talk right now..” I said and move away from her.

“Please Lai? I’m worried about you.” She follows me on the hallway.

“Please leave me alone.” I shove her hand on my arm.

“Lai, you’re not okay. I can see that just talk to me! I know you need someone who can understand you.” She yelled on me.

I stopped walking. People on school looked at me.

I try to hold my tears. What she said is true. But I’m still mad at her I have this little pride on me that I keep on going for her.

“Not now Aubrey.” I said then I continue walking and push the last door and went outside.

I’m heading now to the school’s parking lot to get my car and just wanting to go home and lay on my bed. As I walk I saw Michael sitting on the side of my car he’s looking on the other side I stop and stare at him he’s so tall his hands are on his pockets he’s wearing a black leather jacket and black skinny jeans with his black boots his blonde hair swaying on his forehead because of the wind. I miss seeing him like that, it’s like the first day I ever saw him on my front door. I gulped. Looking at him makes me rewind everything we’ve been to how he always says he loves me, how he cupped my cheeks and the way he always say he will never leave me all those promises he always tell me.

I run towards at him and hug him really tight.

“I’ve missed you.” I said burying my face on his chest.

“I miss you more than you miss me, are you okay?” He said.

I pull away, he slide down his fingers on my right cheek.

“Yeah, I’m sorry I’m acting like a shit.” I said while playing on his jacket’s zipper.

“Lai, you’re not okay. Please tell me!” He begged.

“I am. Don’t worry too much Mike.”

“No you’re not. I can feel it, you’re lying to me.”

I’m biting my lower lip and holding my tears.

“I think I should go home now, I have like tons of homework. Don’t you have a class session with Marco?” I said and opened my car’s door.

Michael gets my hand and gently pushed me away and closes the car’s door.

“What the hell Michael?” I yelled at him.

“Lai, what’s wrong with you?!” He yelled back at me.

I’m not looking at him. I look away and bite my lower lip again and not responding to him.

“Please love tell me, I don’t like seeing you like this. I feel bothered because of you for the last few weeks you try to get away but why? You know I love you. I love you so much.” He said.

He cupped my cheeks and moved it so I can face him and look at him eye to eye but I try to look down on the ground. He lifts my head up and kissed me on the lips the one slow kiss I miss for the last weeks I try to ignore him. Just one passionate kiss with him I wrap my hands on his waist. I cried but we’re still kissing.

“I’m so sorry. Michael I’m sorry.” I said and trying to pull away when I say those words.

We stopped kissing and Michael pulled me into hug, really tight.

“Hugs are great, remember?” He said.

I chuckled.

“I’m really sorry I kept my distance to you.” I said.

“It’s not really fine with me I’ll be honest, tell me the reason.” He said.

“Why don’t we go to a place where we can talk?” I said.

Michael and I got to my car. I actually don’t have any idea where will I take him but I thought why not on the place where Jc brought me I know I don’t have any rights to go there just because I wanted to but I wanna talk to him where there is no one who can disturb us.

I’m driving and I asked Michael how long did he wait for me on the school’s parking lot and he says about 30 minutes. I got mad at him he said he ditch his last class just to wait for me. I told him never do that again, I want the best for him too and I keep on thinking what his mom said to me that I’m a hindrance for him and I don’t want that to be real or maybe it was a different meaning after all.

I park my car on the other side of the street as we walk over to the garden or what Jc have told me The Secret Getaway. I hold Michael’s hand as I intertwined it I look at him he just smiled at me. We got to the center of the garden Michael looks so amazed so am I even though I’ve been here more than once. I glance at him, his smile that I always miss to see. I’m still holding his hand and we walk a little more then we lay down on the bed of daises.

“How did you find this place?” He asked.

“It’s not important. I just want us to be here alone.” I said and I wrap my hands on his waist.

“You still haven’t told me why you keep going away do you even realize I got hurt because of that?” He said while playing with my hair.

“It’s because I want the best for you.” I murmured.

“What are you talking about Lai?!”

“Look Michael, I want you to be a successful musician or whatever it is called. I love you so much, it hurts me too but I don’t want to be a distraction for you. You’ll be on Juilliard at New York. That is something.” I said.

I just reason that out I can’t tell him it’s because of his mom and because of what I’ve known. It’s too early to discuss that and I can’t afford to lose Michael at this moment.

“Lai please don’t tell me Marco threat you because of this.” I don’t know what to feel when he said that but on the other hand it’s actually his mother who gives a statement to break up with him more like, yeah, a threat to me.

“What? He didn’t. It’s just me Mike.” I lied it's about Marco but still I want the best for him because I love him.

“Love, don’t lie to me. If Marco told that to you I would cancel everything with him I would not accept his offer, how can I be happy getting on Juilliard and pursue my dream in music if you weren’t there supporting me?” He said and suddenly I cried.

I cried not because I keep holding this tears earlier but what he said right now. I want to be with him forever, I want to support him till the end.

“I just don’t know what to do that’s all.” I said and wipe my tears.

“Don’t cry, I hate seeing you like that. We might be in different places after we graduate in high school but I will promise you, I will be always right in your heart. Cheesy right? But just keep that on your mind Lai, you’re the only girl I love. I already engrave it.” He said and chuckled.

“Engrave it? Where?” I got confused.

Then he gets something on his pocket. It was a necklace, a heart shaped necklace with an initial ML, he got up and sit down, I did the same thing. He wears the necklace on my neck then he kissed on my lips.

“Like it?” He said. He had this big smile on his face.

“Yes, I love it. Thank you!” I said and kissed him back.

When he gave that to me all of my doubts and troubles that is going on my mind gone.

“Glad you did.”

“Wait. How much this thing cost you?” I said while holding the pendant.

“It doesn’t matter. It’s the thought that counts.”

“Michael don’t buy me expensive things, okay?”

“Shush, I would buy the world for you.” He teased me then tickles me on my waist.

After that day with Michael I drive him to his house he wanted me to go inside but I refuse even though his mom wasn’t around. We exchange goodbyes and he leaves me a one long kiss before I start to drive again and go home.

I’m on my house and I checked the time it’s already 7:17pm, Marco left a note says

Here’s money for dinner. Take care I’ll be home really late. Your mom knows.’

Take care he said? That’s new. I didn’t take the money I wasn’t really that hungry I just grab some milk on the fridge and go to my room. I quickly change my clothes and scattered my homework which is only one and its physics. I start answering the paper that our teacher gave to us while I drink the milk. I wonder where he will go. To see Karen?vThen I look on my phone, go to my gallery and look on the pictures that Michael and I have. I wasn’t a fan of taking too much picture but before I start keeping my distance to him we went to this place, it’s like a park and I decided to take tons of pictures of us because we haven’t done it in a while. I just realize how happy we are, how happy I am with him. I cried again.

I keep holding on the pendant, the necklace that he gave to me. I’m thinking again, should I just keep on going like this, like I didn’t know such thing or should I solve this? This is a big drama and a very delicate scenario to see and I’m not strong enough to deal this family problem. Half of it, I feel like Jc is involve to this. I keep on thinking deep like what he said. If he’s talking about my friends he’s too late to say that but I know he will notice that if it was about Bree and Calum. I really doubt it will be on Michael’s friends. I think he knows about it but why him? In all people in the world how come he knows it? What’s his part to this situation? If Karen was Marco’s ex-wife, who is Jc then? But it could be still something else too. But what is it? I’m having a headache because of this. I can’t focus on my homework. I think I should just relax myself first and think again and If I have all of the guts, I will ask them. Each of them.

**

A/N

Hello guys! This fanfic supposed to be only 30 Chapters but I decided to add few more before it ends. Also expect for Book 2! Thanks again for reading it, it warms my heart. Please leave a comment :)

(If you just wondering 'Lai' is pronounced like 'Lie') love you all ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8M 161K 162
preferences by me on tumblr ( HIGHEST RANKING: fanfiction #10 ) ( cover template by @estreIIas ) ( warning: these were made back in 2014-2016 and i m...
54 0 15
" 𝒾 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒽ℯ𝓇 𝓉ℴ 𝒷ℯ 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝒾 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁ℯ 𝓊𝓃𝒸ℴ𝓃𝓉𝓇ℴ𝓁𝓁𝒶𝒷𝓁𝓎"
37.5K 866 18
"bad luck isnt always bad luck." copyright ©
2.3M 73.1K 43
~12:03 am~ To: "sex god" Mikey i wish we could meet. ~12:07 am~ From: "sex god" Mikey one day, we will. Sequel: Connected