The Unexpected Nanny

Da JeniRaeD

Story is published on Amazon (kindle and paperback) Smashwords, and more! When Antonio Russo's wife was dying... Altro

Authors Note
Cast
A/N
1- The news
2- The Decision
4- The run in
5- Out of control
October 2020 Breast Cancer awareness SPECIAL!
6-Tension all around
7- Family time
8- Reality hits
9- Her best interest
10- Away from home
11- Time is near
12- Birthday to remember
13- Fly high
14- Saying goodbye
15- Saving a life
16- Heated passion
17- We need to talk
18- The talk
19- Uninvited guest
20- Talking to Ethan
21- The date
22- Confession
23- Finding the journal
24- Harlow's love
25- Moving on
26- Honoring Harlow
27- A gift for Antonio
28- Antonio's love
29- The guests
30- Surprise!
31- Sadie vs. Giorgia
32- Visiting Harlow
33- Birthday surprise
34- Mystery woman
35- Explanation
36- Truth will set you free
37- Feeling the love
38- Making decisions
39-Love of a lifetime
40- Love all around
41- Epilogue
42-Bonus Chapter
Additional Cast
Authors Note
Perfect Tribute to Harlow
Update 😁😁😉😉
Heads up

3- Introducing Sadie

123K 5.1K 499
Da JeniRaeD

"I'm sorry, what was that?" she giggled, while playing with the girls.

"Oh, I asked if this meant that you'll take the job?" he asked, in hopes that her answer was yes. He looked at the girls, they're smiling, giggling and talking like they have known her for a long time. He knew then and there they liked her, and noticed they didn't act this way with any of the other caretakers he interviewed.

She turned around smiling. "Of course, I'll take the job, how can anyone not want to help care for these adorable little cuties."

He let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, you have no idea how much this means to me. I can honestly say this is one huge relief off my shoulders." he sounded happy, relieved and desperate. "When do you think you could start?"

"I can start immediately if you would like me to." she says, while Gabriella sat down on her lap, handing her a doll.

"I would like that; will you be keeping your other job as well?" he asked curiously.

She smiled while looking at Gabriella. "I actually put in my two weeks notice last night." she said, turning back to look at Antonio and winked. She turned back to the girls and started playing with them again. He tilted his head to the side and looked at her with a questionable look, then realized she made her decision last night.

Being the girls had Sadie occupied now, he figured now would be a good time to call the doctors that he had found on the internet the night before. "Would you mind keeping an eye on them for a few minutes? I need to go make some important phone calls."

"I don't mind at all, do what you need to do, we'll be just fine." she said happily.

"Thanks." He walked away, leaving Sadie with the girls and went into his office, shutting the door, and praying that at least one of the doctors he found could help Harlow. After making several phone calls, one doctor was willing to fly out the very next day to visit her in the hospital, and look at her records. He was also willing to work with her current doctors, and see if they could come up with a new plan of attack.

Antonio walked back into the playroom, quietly standing in the doorway, and enjoying how the girls were interacting with Sadie. "We have to run to the hospital and visit Harlow for a bit, would you like to go with us and meet her?" he asked, thinking now would be a good time for the two to meet. He wanted to show Harlow who he found, and to let her know that the girls really liked her, hoping she will too.

She looked at him smiling, with Gabriella hanging from her hand wanting to play. "Sure, I'd love to meet her, I don't have anything else going on today."

"Great, I'm sure she would love to meet you as well."

"I can help get the girls ready, do their hair and find them something nice to wear."

"That would be wonderful, I'm going to make one more phone call while you're doing that... thank you." he smiled, loving the fact that he doesn't have to interview any another person.

Sadie helped get the girls ready, brushed their hair and pulling their hair back into French braids, she then had the girls pick out a dress to wear, wanting them to look pretty for their mother. After the girls were cleaned up and dressed, Sadie looked around and found some paper and crayons, asking if they would like to make something for their mom before they went to see her. "Yes." they both said in unison, they excitedly ran down the stairs and over to the dining room table, waiting for Sadie to bring the supplies down to them. She handed them the paper and crayons, and began drawing their mom pictures. "She's going to love these pictures we made her." Isabella said with excitement, while coloring.

After the girls were done drawing their pictures, Antonio drove them to the hospital. He couldn't wait to see Harlow, and was excited to let her know that he found a doctor that was willing to fly out the next day to meet her, and to discuss other options to help save her life.

When Antonio opened the door to Harlow's room, the girls went running to their mom, climbing up onto the bed and began handing her the pictures they drew for her. "Here mommy." Gabriella said smiling as she handed her, her picture. Isabella then handed her the picture that she drew, both still smiling when Harlow looked at the pictures.

The pictures gave her a smile "I love them, thank you!" she said kissing the girls on their foreheads, they were proud of their pictures and explained to her what they drew. "This is you mommy, I made you look like a princess." Gabriella pointed.

"I see that, I like it a lot, thank you so much!" she says, kissing her on the cheek.

"And this is you, with me handing you a flower. Do you like it?" Isabella asked.

"I do... thank you." she kissed her on the cheek, and held up both the pictures, smiling. "You both did wonderful jobs; you should be come artists someday."

Antonio walked up to her, handing her flowers that he had picked up in the gift shop on the way into the hospital, and leaned down placing a kiss on her lips. Sadie stood back, quietly watching them. She felt bad for all of them, being that Harlow was in the hospital and not home with her loved ones, she also was feeling a little nervous and out of place.

"How are you doing? he asked softly, after releasing his lips from hers. He missed not having her home, and hated that she had to be in the hospital alone.

She nodded her head, and sighed. "I could be better, and at home with all of you." she said quietly.

Antonio looked behind him, making sure Sadie was still in the room, then looked back at Harlow. "I have someone here for you to meet, we finally found a nanny, and she's here to meet you." he said quietly.

"Who is she?"

Antonio stood up straight and looked over at Sadie waving for her to come over to them. Sadie walked over to Harlow, reaching out her hand for her to shake.

"Hello Harlow, my name is Sadie, it's very nice to meet you." she said politely, with a genuine smile as she shook her hand.

Harlow nervously smiled back at her, she felt leery about her and thought she was too pretty to be their nanny, but she did like how polite she was. Sadie could tell the way she responded to her that Harlow felt nervous about her. Sadie then assured her that she was there to help them out in any way that she could, and to not worry.

Antonio could tell Harlow was unsure about her, he leaned down and whispered in her ear. "Don't worry, the kids absolutely love her." He stood up and looked at Sadie, then back over to Harlow. "Sadie has agreed to help with the kids, staying with us and help you out with cooking, cleaning, and also to help take you to your doctor's appointments if I couldn't take you." he says, trying to persuade her that everything will be OK.

"That would be nice." Harlow quietly said, feeling as if she was losing her family already.

"I also wanted to tell you that I found a top-notch doctor who specializes in your situation. He will be flying here tomorrow, and will be speaking with you and your doctors before your surgery." he says smiling, squeezing her hand, feeling hope. "He thinks there could be other options for you, and that you could possibly beat this."

Harlow leaned her head back into the pillow, staring at the ceiling while taking a deep breath. "I'm scared Antonio, I just want this over with, and I'm willing to do whatever I can to fight this."

"I know, and that's why I stayed up late searching for another doctor to help us out, I'm hoping he has more ideas to help you." he says in a soft tone, stroking his finger softly on her cheek.

Sadie sat down at the table, she brought extra paper and crayons for the girls to keep them occupied while they were in the hospital, when she pulled them out and set them on the table, the girls got excited, ran over to her, and began coloring some more pictures for their mom. Sadie also brought tape, for when the girls were finished with their drawings, and could tape them on the wall for Harlow to see. Hoping to give her smiles, knowing they would be much needed.

Harlow watched Sadie like a hawk, she wasn't sure what to think of her yet, and was beginning to wonder what her intentions were with Antonio and the girls. She watched how the girls interacted with her, and wasn't sure if she liked the idea that the girls liked her, she didn't want to lose them to another woman. She was hurting inside, knowing that she was their mother, and now must have someone else help her out with them.

Harlow did feel a little better, knowing that her girls felt comfortable with her, but at the same time she was feeling a little bit of jealousy. She wasn't liking the fact that Sadie was able to do things with them while she was stuck in a hospital bed, and wouldn't be able do anything with them that she normally does every day.

After being in the hospital for hours, the girls were getting bored and had wanted to go home. Antonio and Sadie were getting the kids ready to leave when there was a knock at the door, they all turned their heads towards the door while it opened slowly. A middle-aged gentleman walked in, and walked over to Harlow. "Hello, you must be Harlow Russo." he says, reaching for her hand.

"My name is Dr. Abraham Jacobson, your husband contacted me this morning, I was able to make arrangements, and fly out much sooner than what I originally told Antonio." he smiled, Antonio gasped in excitement that he was there. Antonio walked over to Dr. Jacobson, and introduced himself, shaking the doctor's hand with a big smile. "You have no idea how much this means to me, well to us actually." He was ecstatic that he came earlier than expected, relieved, and hoped that he would be able to pull off a miracle for the love of his life.

"I'm meeting with your doctor in about five minutes, I just wanted to come in, introduce myself, and say hi." he says sincerely.

The next day Sadie stayed home with the girls while Antonio went to the hospital to be with Harlow for her surgery. The surgery was long, and when the doctor finished with the surgery, he came out to the waiting room, explaining to Antonio that they did the best that they could, with removing as much of the cancer from her body that they were able to, he then explained that the next step is radiation.

A couple days later Harlow came home from the hospital. As much as she wanted to spend time with her girls, she was too tired and sore, and headed straight up the stairs, and into her bed to rest. Antonio received a phone call, with an issue at one of his properties, and had to leave to see what was going on. He went and checked on Harlow, wanting to let her know that he had to leave, but when he saw that she was still asleep he didn't want to wake her, and quietly shut the door, trying not to wake her.

The girls were also napping, so he went down to Sadie's room to let her know that he had to leave. When she answered the door, he was in shock at how she answered the door. He closed his eyes and looked down at the ground, feeling embarrassed.

Please don't forget to comment and vote! Hope I'm not going to slow for you guys, trying to build this up for you.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

Antonio & Harlow Da Jen

Storie d'amore

134K 8.8K 37
Prequel to The Unexpected Nanny Antonio leaves Italy for the United States, not only to further his career but to find someone to share his life with...
289K 4.5K 7
A very heartwarming, romantic story with lots of humor. Never say miracles never happen because they can... After breaking up and leaving her boyfrie...
155K 2.6K 100
!Book one out of three! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wid...
17.2K 167 21
Mature content 18+ only "You are crossing a very dangerous territory, Natalia. I suggest you better stop, before I take things in my hand." He growle...