Gravity (Tsukishima Kei x OC)

By once_upon_a_weeb

"I thought that the gravity of the moon is 1.87m/s^2. But why is it so that I feel attracted to Tsukishima Ke... More

Prologue : Kuroo Aino
I : Brother and Confessions
II : Nekoma High School Girls' Volleyball Club
IV : Miyagi
V : Call
VI : Just a Crush
VII : Karasuno
VIII : Wild
IX : The Girl
X : The Game Begins
XI : Kageyama Tobio
XII: Queen
XIII : Dino
XIV : Prescription
XV : Curiosity
XVI : Finding Paper
ANNOUNCEMENT (PLEASE READ!)

III : I'm Sorry

9K 299 282
By once_upon_a_weeb

The gym doors slammed open, making Kuroo and his teammates turn around. The volleyball Kenma was about to serve fell and bounced on his head.

"Pardon the intrusion!" Kuroo Aino shouted, grinning at the shocked looks of the players.

Although the blackenette always visits the gymnasium, the team still can't get used to Aino's habit of barging inside without permission. Man, if she keeps on doing that, they'll get a heart attack someday.

Coach Naoi sighed while Coach Nekomata smiled and welcomed Aino.

"Aino-chan! Come here, come here," he greeted.

"Neko-jii!" She grinned wider and ran to the old coach. Nekomata ruffled her hair causing her to laugh softly. The team sweatdropped as flowers bloomed around the two.

"I swear that old man has feelings for my sister," Kuroo said. Kenma frowned, imagining his old best friend holding hands with their coach. "Gross," he commented.

"AINO-CHANNNNNN!!" Taketora's voice echoed all throughout the gym. He jumped at the girl to hug her.

The black-haired teen just dodged in time to avoid the loud boy.

"Okay! Okay! Let's resume the practice," Yaku adjured as he dragged the crying Yamamoto.

"Lemme join, lemme join," Aino said.

"Oooh, Aino's playing with us!" Inouka shouted excitedly.

"Shorty-chan, shorty-chan, where's Chihiro?" Lev asked.

'Ah.. There he goes again..' The team thought.

"Oi," Aino said intimidatingly, dark aura surrounding her. "I told you to stop calling me that you Mr. Who-does-not-even-know-how-the-basics-tall-ass skyscraper. And to answer your question, Chihiro is absent."

"But you're really short Aino-chan!" Lev said bluntly. "You don't even reach my chest."

The team can literally hear Aino pop a vein. "You--" she started, about to run and give the tall boy a good beating but was stopped by Nekoma's one and only momma.

"Oi, I told you to practice, right?" Yaku said, giving off an even more intimidating aura.

"Yes, mom!" Lev and Aino said in unison.

The black-haired girl took off her Nekoma jacket and folded her red jogging pants up to her knees.

She ran beside Yaku and Shibayama, who were on the receiving line. The rest of the team stood on the other side of the court, preparing themselves to take turns to do serves by three's.

Coach Naoi blew his whistle; the opposite side began to do serves.

Aino, Yaku, and Shibayama received the serves, not missing a single ball. This went on and on until they switched roles. Of course, Yaku and Shibayama, being liberos, remained on the receiving side.

The ebony-haired girl walked to the other side, carrying a volleyball. She dribbled it twice before throwing it with her left hand. She jogged to the front slowly before jumping with all her might, her back arching.

All eyes were on her; everyone had the same thought. 'Aino's jump serve.'

She smashed the ball hard, making the ball soar across the other side of the court at a high speed.

Yaku's eyes followed the ball, preparing to receive. He chased it as it suddenly changed direction. He rolled on the floor, receiving it with one hand. But after it made contact with his hand, the ball just bounced a little before falling beside him.

Yaku gave out a silent 'tch'. "Good as ever, Aino," he complimented. The blackenette only smiled in return.

"Well! I'm gonna rest now. Man, I'm sleepy. Good luck on your practice," she waved as she exited the gym to shower.

.~*~.~*~.

Aino waited in front of the gym as Kuroo made sure that the doors were locked.

"Let's go," Kuroo waved his hand at Kenma and Aino, signaling them to follow him. They walked together in silence, feeling the late spring air blow softly on their faces.

'Somehow... This feels familiar..' Aino thought.

"It's been so long since we last walked together like this, no?" Kuroo broke the silence as he looked up at the not-so-starry sky of Tokyo.

Aino just remained silent, putting her hands inside the pockets of her jacket as she kept her gaze down while walking.

Kenma just nodded, although he really wants to ask... ask why things suddenly changed.. why their friendship changed.. why Aino changed..

Silence engulfed them once again, but this time, it's.. no it's not awkward.. no it's not tense.. it was..

sad.

Trying to break the ice once again, Aino spoke up. "Excited going to Miyagi tomorrow?"

"Not really," Kenma mumbled. Well, Aino kinda expected that answer.

"You can come with us if you want. Kanade told me that she was planning a week off practice starting tomorrow," Kuroo suggested. It's not surprising that he knew about this since Kanade and Kuroo were both from Class 5.

"Nah, I'm just gonna enjoy the house without having you around," she lazily replied.

Kuroo pushed her a little. "You should at least do something productive," he told her.

"So acting like your manager slash helper slash slave is your definition of productive? No thanks," she retorted.

Kenma brought out his PSP and played silently; he was used to the siblings' bickering. To be honest, he kind of missed this; it's somewhat refreshing seeing Aino and Kuroo fight when it's just the three of them. It brings back the good old days... even if it's just for a short period of time.

"Well it's your choice to help us," Kuroo said. "You might meet 'cute boys' there too," he added with a suggestive wink.

Aino grimaced. "I'm not looking for 'cute boys' you damn rooster. Maybe you are the one looking for cute boys."

Before Kuroo could answer back, they arrived in front of Kenma's house.

"Good night, Kenma," Aino smiled warmly at the pudding head.

"'Night," he replied as he opened the gate of his house.

The two Kuroos continued to walk; their house was just five houses away from Kenma's.

Aino opened the front gate. Kuroo then proceeded to open the door. They entered together and took off their shoes.

"I'll be in my room. I'm fine with whatever you cook," Aino said, walking upstairs without looking back.

As mentioned before, Aino and Tetsurou's parents works at Hiroshima so they rarely come home. They would visit once or twice every two months to check on their children but that's it.

Due to this situation, Aino and Tetsurou takes turns when it comes to cleaning, washing dishes, and doing the laundry. Tetsurou, being the older sibling, is in charge of handling money and cooking (mostly because Aino is the worst cook ever).

Living alone together for five years made their bond stronger even though Aino became distant for some reason.

"Ah...." Aino sighed with a satisfied smile as she buried herself on her pillows.

However, her relaxing mode was interrupted by the ringtone of her phone. Aino groaned, fishing out her phone from her bag.

She immediately sat up when she saw who the caller was.

"Chihiro!" Aino exclaimed.

"Hey, Aino," Hashiya Chihiro greeted with a raspy voice.

"How are you? Classes and training were boring without you y'know," Aino whined.

"My temperature's lower now but I still have a shitty cold-- Achoo!" Chihiro sneezed. "Do we have training tomorrow? Damn.. I can't even enjoy the Golden Week.."

"Nope~ luckily, we have a week off training starting tomorrow. Use it to rest," Aino informed her best friend.

"Ah.. Now that we're given a one week vacation, I have a goddamn cold, how nice," Chihiro said sarcastically. "Fuck, I'm heating up again."

"Man.. I can't enjoy it too 'cause you're sick. I don't have anything to do the whooooleeee week. Tetsu invited me to their training camp at Miyagi but I refused," Aino told her. "I mean, hell they're just going to make me help them carry their crap and other shit like that," she said, making hand gestures to show her frustration even though Chihiro can't really see her.

Yukino laughed slightly, something that she only does around Aino. "Yes, that is true, but I think you should come with them. Unless you want to die out of boredom, that is."

Aino thought for a moment, considering the pros and cons of going with her brother and his rowdy team. "Guess you have a point," she sighed. "I'll ask him later."

"Mhmm," Chihiro hummed. "I gotta go now, Aino. Mother is shouting that I should get some sleep."

"Okay, get well soon. Good night," the blackenette said.

"G'night," Chihiro hung up.

Aino closed her eyes for a while as she sprawled all over the bed. Looking up at the ceiling, she pondered upon the events earlier.

'It's been so long since we last walked together like this, no?'

Without knowing, tears began to fall from her eyes.

"I'm.. sorry..." she mumbled to no one in particular.

.~*~.*~.

Fucking shit idk how to write volleyball moves detail by detail help me ;-; it makes the fic look crappier than it already is. Hsshjsjspa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 4K 11
Literally the twin of Kuroo Tetsurou when compared at personalities. However, you are Kenma's sister which is unbelievable. Kuroo has been yours and...
19.2K 329 26
You're Y/n Sugawara, aka Koushi Sugawara's twin sister. You're a third year at Karasuno High and like your brother, you are one of the star players o...
22.1K 337 17
Y/N is a quiet girl who avoids people as much as possible. That's why on her first day at Nekoma high school she goes to the roof to eat lunch on her...
11.8K 401 17
❝𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐌, 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄. ❞ ↳ in which y/n and kuroo have to act as enemies so no one knows what happe...