š£š®š«ššš¬š¬š¢šœ ; jurassic w...

By jc-studio

ā 'š˜”š˜°š˜Æš˜“š˜µš˜¦š˜³' š˜Ŗš˜“ š˜¢ š˜³š˜¦š˜­š˜¢š˜µš˜Ŗš˜·š˜¦ š˜µš˜¦š˜³š˜®. š˜›š˜° š˜¢ š˜¤š˜¢š˜Æš˜¢š˜³š˜ŗ, š˜¢ š˜¤š˜¢š˜µ š˜Ŗš˜“ š˜¢ š˜®š˜°š˜Æš˜“š˜µš˜¦š˜³... More

ā WELCOME TO THE JURASSIC WORLD āž
- dedication
- graphics
- cast
šš‘šŽš‹šŽš†š”š„
šŽšš„. Rogue Raptors
š“š–šŽ. Training
š“š‡š‘š„š„. Pig Loose
š…šŽš”š‘. Chatting Under The Starlight
š…šˆš•š„. Ms. Operations Manager
š’šˆš—. The Mitchell Brother
š’š„š•š„š. The Jurassic World
š„šˆš†š‡š“. Visiting the Velociraptors
ššˆšš„. Mosasaurus and Gyrosphere
š“š„š. Killing for Sports
š„š‹š„š•š„š. The Indominus
š“š–š„š‹š•š„. Through The Woods
š“š‡šˆš‘š“š„š„š. Clouds On The Horizon
š…šŽš”š‘š“š„š„š. The Pterosaurs
š…šˆš…š“š„š„š. Velociraptors Valley
š’šˆš—š“š„š„š. New Alpha
š’š„š•š„šš“š„š„š. Raptors Attack
š„šˆš†š‡š“š„š„š. When All Hell Breaks Loose
ššˆšš„š“š„š„š. Fight To Death
š“š–š„šš“š˜. Farewell
- acknowledgements

š„ššˆš‹šŽš†š”š„

2.7K 60 0
By jc-studio

"So, any plans to visit around Wisconsin, or Michigan, any time soon?"

"Hmmm, I don't know.." mumbled Kate, "Owen does all that planning, I'm just going with the flow."

Zach scratched at his nape, taking a moment before speaking his mind. "Do you... do you still remember the promise?

"Oh...which one?"

"You know, the one where you said you'd like— and I'm quoting— 'to treat me and Gray to something nice' ?"

She averted her eyes to the road ahead, while trying to sound as baffled as possible. "Oh, did I now?"

"You really don't remember?"

She could not help laughing, noticing the hint of a whine in his tone. At this point, Zach did catch on that she was playing him, and rolled his eyes.

Kate currently was on a video call with Zach. She was out for a casual morning jog when her phone rang. And so here she was, conversing with him as she carried on with her jog, while Zach was in the school auditorium with his back hunched, hiding behind the seats in order to not get caught. His school apparently had some event today which required all of the students to attend, he had explained; but the general school rules still applied and so, technically he was not allowed to use cellphones in the auditorium. But it was Zach Mitchell and honestly Kate did not expect any less from him.

"So? Would you still like to do that? You know, meeting up... Whether or not the treat is still involved."

"Sure, why not? I'll just have to convince Owen to visit your hometown."

"Great! I can also show you what's good around here if you guys can stay over for a couple more days..." He was speaking in hushed tone, sometimes sneaking glances around to make sure he remained unnoticed. "You know, there's also a funfair going on now. About a month's long? It has all this amazing rides and games and cute little food stalls... If you can catch it, we could like... go visit there together... you know ?"

Kate smiled. "Sure, that sounds cool~ I'll talk to Owen and let you know."

"Cool..." Zach nodded, and despite all his attempts to act indifferent, she could see the hint of excitement in his eyes. "Wait till Gray hears from me, he's gonna be so thrilled."

Kate raised a brow. "And you? Won't you be thrilled, too? Or are you still the same Mr.I-don't-budge-at-all?"

Zach could not help but laugh although he went full defensive. "Hey, that's not true!" He acted to whine, before giving a curt smile. "Yeah, I'm gonna be happy, too... You know what, there's something I've been meaning to tell you...." But soon his eyes had shifted to the side as he spoke, and his eyes widened and he looked back in an alarm.

"Yikes! I better hang up now, Ms. Palmer is coming this way and it won't do me any good if she sees me on a phone call! Bye—"

And with that, he had hung up.

A small sigh escaped her lips, as Kate continued to stare at the screen of her cellphone. "There's something I've been meaning to tell you" — those words were still lingering in her mind. What could it be that he wished to say?  She allowed herself a moment before tucking the phone in a pocket.

It was autumn. The nature looked all colourful. The fresh green leaves in trees were now in yellow and orange shades. Dried leaves gathered on the ground, on the lawns, over the dry grasses, swirling, flying with the breeze, spreading the colours everywhere.

Taking a deep breath, she started heading for the trailer that she now called her home. Surprising as it might seem, she lived in a trailer house as of late, with her brother.

Ever since the park closed, the Gradys had been on the move. Although he said otherwise, Owen, her brother showed no sign for settling down anywhere any soon. That he enjoyed travelling across the country with his sister and stopping at random places for awhile was evident, and to be honest, she did not hate it, either. They might settle down somewhere one day, Owen did promise it to grant her some normalcy, but for now it did not matter much to either of them.

Adjusting to this new life had not been easy. Moving to a new place, getting a new job, meeting newer people and all— when it all seemed overwhelming, the idea of settling down had been thrown out the window and Owen had been excited about this nonstop vacation as long as they could afford; after all, it was not like their salaries from working in the Jurassic World theme park were any boring amount.

To make things further interesting, Claire had joined in on their journey.  Having lived with only each other for a long time, it was something new and refreshing and gave a nice, fulfilling sense of a proper family, one thing both the siblings had lacked for years.

As soon as the familiar trailer had come into her sight, Kate paced up. Truth be told, she was famished. And while she wished to find warm breakfast served and waiting to be devoured inside, she knew better than to expect to find Owen awoke on such early hours of morning these days. So she stuck her hand in the pockets to grab the keys, and unlocked the door to help herself in.

The first thing she saw as she was about to step inside was how Claire flung herself away from Owen at sonic speed, and how her brother, too, hurled himself over the kitchen, hastily busying himself in removing a newly cooked dish from the stove to serve it on the table behind him.

A sheepish smile spread across her lips as Kate eyed the two: Owen, who refused to meet her eyes, while Claire, with an innocent smile, was awkwardly acting to comb her hair, missing to notice that it was rather her brother's hair brush.

"Uh-oh, looks like I walked into something," snickered Kate crossing her arms over her chest, and leant against the van's door.

"Not at all!" Claire chuckled dryly, ushering her hands.

"I was wondering, you know, Kate, if your brother taught you to knock?" The tone of derision was undeniable in his voice as Owen faked a glare, but even Claire now scowled at him.

"Owen!"

Whatever excuse Claire was trying to make up, Owen's comment had ruined it no doubt.

While on the other hand, Kate's grin only widened receiving contrasting reactions from them. "I can give you guys another minute, if you need," she teased, reaching for the doorknob behind her to show how she was ready to give them some privacy and Claire flushed red.

"Oh my gosh, please, stop it, Kate—"

Owen cut in with a clap, "Why, thank you, sis!"

"Owen!" Claire glared at him once more.

Kate could not help grinning. Honestly, it was kinda hilarious to watch her flush in embarrassment. But Claire had come to take her by the shoulders, steering her away from the door and to a seat, "Come, you sit here." Kate's grin had yet to fade, but apparently, Claire completely ignored that and went on. "Looks like our chef is done," she said shooting a glance at her brother, and left to try and tidy up the table a little bit.

As if on cue, Owen dramatically struck the spatula against a metallic pot to seize attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, allow me introduce you to my new masterpiece—"

Claire rolled her eyes as she whispered so only Kate would hear. "Here we go, another new recipe~"

"—The B-Bulibase — No, wait, was it Boulibase?"

Both Claire and Kate stared after him at such strange name. They exchanged glances at which both shrugged shaking heads. Sure, cuisines often had crazy names, but this one sounded even weirder, Kate was thinking. Owen did not seem to mind, for he was taking pride in his accomplishment. He placed three bowls of soup on the table while he explained further about the dish. "It's a Mediterranean seafood soup, you see—"

"Wait..." Claire scoffed. "You mean... Bouillabaisse?" When Owen still looked puzzled, she explained, "It's pronounced like Boo-yah-base."

"But why do you know this?" He squinted.

Kate, who had downed one spoonful already and scrunched her face, now slammed her hand on the table. "No, the real question is: why am I the first victim of your cooking experiments always??"

"Actually, I was the first victim this time," Claire piped up from the side, giving her a wink.

Owen scowled, making the girls laugh heartily. He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, laugh all you want. I might not know how to say its name right, but I'll have you know that I'm a great cook, and my dish is a five star!"

When the girls still kept smiling and snorting from trying to hold in their laughs, he groaned running a hand through his hair. "Man... I don't even get paid for my hard and artistic work!"

With a dramatic sigh, he proceeded to taste the Mediterranean soup he made to establish how great a cook he was, but apparently even he almost choked. "Okay, salt," he mumbled, and started rummaging through the utensils to grab the salt shaker.

Kate only chuckled and gave him a pat on his back when he passed by her. "Yeah, yeah, you're a five-star cook, you should have been a Master Chef already."

"That's what I'm talking about!"

As the trio finally settled down for their breakfast, murmurs of their chatters and the clatters of the spoons against the bowls filled the air replacing the blissful silence of the early morning by the countryside. Her brother was throwing dad jokes in spite of Claire's groans and making Kate nearly choke, when an indistinct squeal drew her attention. Kate jolted to look at the van's window. That sound, that distinct cry, she could never not recognise— But it was impossible, she knew very well, there was no way the lone surviving raptor could be anywhere else other than where they had left her, back at the island, and they were so far and away from there. Even so her breaths hitched at the mere thought... When she looked, indeed there was no sign of her dear raptors, only a mere sparrow took flight, perhaps, being alarmed at something or to find food. Yet she could not stop staring that way, at the branch from which the bird had taken flight, as a little knot twinged somewhere inside.

"What is it?" asked Owen, having noticed her flinch earlier and now her pensive state.

"Oh... nothing," said Kate coming back to sense, and tried to shrug off the glum. But she knew better to think Owen would let it slide like this, so she pulled a smile. "Owen, I was wondering..."

"Hmm?"

"If you have any plans on travelling to Wisconsin anytime soon?"

THE END

P.S. : the SEQUEL which was previously published is now under editing and rewriting, and will soon be published, in sha Allah ~ Please bear with us ;-;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 164 10
Y/n worked the dig sites with her father. Dinosaurs have always fascinated the young girl, so when the chance arises to visit this new park Hammond w...
3.4K 137 10
22 years... 22 years since the fall of the ill-fated Jurassic Park. Now Jurassic World has come into the light and set out to achieve the goals the f...
150K 3.2K 17
[Originally published in 2015, rewritten in 2022] Elliot Grady's life has never been simple by any means, but when her father shows up out of the blu...
330K 6.6K 32
"Asset 2067..." "Rebecca" Owen interrupted "Rebecca" Clair said sternly " is our most dangerous attraction here, so she needs to be tested" "Tested...