𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. Mosasaurus and Gyrosphere

t h i s    c h a p t e r    i s
u n d e r    e d i t i n g

The three of them had stopped to get a drink on this hot summer day. With the scorching sun right over their heads, the trio were thirsty and in need of a little refreshment. Kate paced around casually shoving hands in jacket's pocket while going through the exhibits schedules.

"There's a lot to do here, rides, boat rides and trekking and hiking sorta stuffs... but assuming you would want to see the dinosaurs first... Also, do tell me when you guys are tired, we can take some fabulous experiences which we can just sit and watch or experience, those would not require much trekking."

"What would that be?" Zach mumbled slurping the last bit of his cool drink.

"That's a surprise for later," she winked in response to Zach's query, who, finished with his drink, had slowly raised to his feet.

"And we have not seen the herbivores yet!" Gray reminded.

"How many more types of dinosaurs are even there??" pondering about the names he was hearing from Gray and Kate, he asked.

"There are so many species...! The herbivores and carnivores, the aquatic species, the airborne ones, so many and diverse, big and small," Kate answered for him.

"There are real flying dinosaurs??" asked a bemused Zach.

"Yes?" Kate smiled.

"And aquatic species? Dinosaurs also lived under water?" questioned Zach at her chuckle.

Gray cut in, "Gosh, Zach— you are seriously giving me second hand embarrassment," and willingly he lagged behind from them as Zach shot him a look. Kate repressed a laugh watching them.

Zach tried to remember what the two of them saying before and pressed on it, "What about the herbivores? What's so interesting about them? I mean, the T-rex was definitely amazing! Oh, and of course, your raptors, too."

"Uh, boys... I wonder what makes you all think only the dangerous things are cool," Kate tilted her head to a side and glanced at him with an amused smile.

"What? No— when did I say that?" denied Zach in fluster.

"The carnivores might be all scary and intimidating and cunning. Cool, as boys may say, but.... Although I train predatory velociraptors and despite my attachment to the girls, don't get me wrong, I totally love them with my life, even so I will side with the herbivores... Not just because they're safer or harmless, their harmless nature is one of the adornments to their existence... They feel so genuine, surreal... they are so generous and so humble, the sereneful wonderment feeling you will get in presence of them.... it's something you won't just get it until you see them. But of course, each of them, carnivore or herbivore, are beautiful and unique in their own ways."

Zach did not say anything to that. Her words had simply left him speechless. What she just said was enough to convey how she really treasured these magical creatures in her heart, and it touched his heart.

A ringtone seized their attention, and both Zach and Kate checked their phones immediately. It was Zach's.

"Mom..." he grunted seeing the caller id and looked away remembering the miserable situation at home, but as his eyes met with Kate who looked bewildered at his reaction, quickly he collected himself and received the call. "Yeah, mom."

His mother as usual spoke in an affectionate tone, and asked when they had landed and he answered accordingly. When she asked why he had not called as soon as they reached this island, he racked up his brain trying to look for an excuse. "Well, I..uh.. " he mumbled hesitantly and started to pace around and saw Gray watching him. The soft chuckle of his mother from the other end of the phone made his exhaustion fade away and he softened. "I'm sorry," he mumbled. She asked him what were they doing now, so he went on casually.